Santander ISA Reviews

Santander ISA reviews from our Smart Money People can help you to give you the inside track on what having an ISA with Santander is really like. Oh, and if you have experience using a Santander ISA, you can write a review too. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Santander Review Insight

Your ISA Reviews

Review Santander's ISA now

Not empress

Couldn't open an account not impressed. I have tried a few time to open an account. So this is why I opened a Starling account. It was quick and easy to do. I would recommend it to my friends and family.

Reviewed on 24th January 2020
Paul Perry's avatar
Paul Perry

Not jappy

Not been too happy with this isa. I doubt it’s earning anything at all now.

Reviewed on 15th January 2018
Jo-Ann Taylor 's avatar
Jo-Ann Taylor

Account is fine interest rate not the best

Not the best interest rate but no problems with the service

Reviewed on 22nd November 2017
Ellen Peacock's avatar
Ellen Peacock

Decent rates and easy to renew

The market rates for ISAs are not great at the moment, but I found that the rates offered by Santander were competitive, and allowed the inclusion of past ISAs. With online banking, it is easy to see the ISA options and rates available to you, and it is quick to select and finalise your choice without having to go to the branch.

Reviewed on 4th July 2017
Anna G's avatar
Anna G

good experiences at Santander

I had a problem with my mortgage during my divorce. i was on the point of having to sell my home to satisfy my ex wife. Santander helped me to remortgage and pay my ex wife a divorce settlement

Reviewed on 8th June 2017
David Marsden's avatar
David Marsden

Safe, but inaccessible

The security login process of both the app and online banking is so convoluted and difficult to remember the login details for, it totally puts you off login in. Which is not great of you want to keep on top of your money like me.

Reviewed on 7th May 2017
Polly Skeats-Beswick's avatar
Polly Skeats-Beswick

Disappointing

Longer to mature than other ISAs from other financial companies.

Reviewed on 17th April 2017

Santander is so helpful

Santander has been so helpful I've taken up a lot of their time asking questions and they are fabulous.

Reviewed on 12th February 2017

Better interest rate on savings

So far the best bank for savers in my opinion and they also offer a friendly and excellent service.

Reviewed on 14th October 2016
Chris Burg 's avatar
Chris Burg

123 account

Excellent customer service and very helpful call centre

Reviewed on 22nd September 2016
Paul Spark's avatar
Paul Spark

Santander esaver account, ideal for online banking

I already had a joint account with Santander and wanted to set up a savings account with them also for ease of transferring money online. I was saving for a house deposit so wanted to transfer a range of small and large amounts at a convenient time... Read more

I already had a joint account with Santander and wanted to set up a savings account with them also for ease of transferring money online. I was saving for a house deposit so wanted to transfer a range of small and large amounts at a convenient time for myself.
I was advised in branch by a helpful member of staff who recommended the esaver account, and they showed me which option to select online so I was able to go away and set this up online myself fairly quickly.
There was no hurdles to jump through, no fiddly forms to sign. The whole process was straightforward and clear. Exactly what I wanted.
There's also an option to turn off paper statements so everything is organised online via the account. I'd definitely recommend the esaver!

Reviewed on 12th September 2016
Sarah-Jayne's avatar
Sarah-Jayne

I had a mediocre experience with Santander, I found the branch Customer experience much better than over the phone. I always had to wait so long in getting through. When I went into branch they were quick efficient and polite. Great!

Had a mediocre experience, nothing outstanding but nothing went wrong. I much preferred going into branch, I felt the custome service was of a better standard and they got things done much quicker

Reviewed on 11th September 2016
Charlotte Barber's avatar
Charlotte Barber

Rewarding and Hassle Free

Although Santander is reducing the interest rate on its 123 current account it still allows customers to benefit from a generous cashback allowance on bills such as broadband, mortgage, and utilities and in addition has always had a helpful, responsive customer service centre. Considering how many similar organisations have foreign based call centres or take forever to respond to a query this makes them comparatively competitive, which is why I would still recommend Santander when all things are considered.

Reviewed on 9th September 2016
caerlin's avatar
caerlin

Best interest rates

Santander always seem to offer the best interest rates on ISAs and are really easy to deal with. I always shop around but end up coming back to Santander when opening new savings accounts.

Reviewed on 9th September 2016
Sharan's avatar
Sharan

Good experience with some Branch Staffbut...

I had an ISA with Santander but moved as the rate fell and I could get a better rate elsewhere. Have to say that the service in branch is a little hit and miss from those who can't be more helpful to those who just can't seem to be bothered.

Lindsay Frost's avatar
Lindsay Frost

Stop increasing fees

Been with santander for a while now but not impressed with increasing fees, especially now there are other high Street competitors on the market. Time for a change?

Sam Roberts 's avatar
Sam Roberts

Great customer service

Always professional and helpful and service with a smile

Fi's avatar
Fi

one two three

they have cut the interest rate :(

Paul Spark's avatar
Paul Spark

hmmmm.....

I opened an account online years ago but never deposited any funds in it. I still receive annual paper statements on my £0 balance though which feels a bit redundant.

Michael Fotis's avatar
Michael Fotis

Good Overall

Santander is good overall but the increase in fees for the 123 account on top of the reduction of interest are forcing me to look elsewhere for a current account.

Fee Hawkes's avatar