Halifax Junior ISA Reviews

Looking to read or write Halifax Junior ISA reviews? Smart Money People is the best place online for independent financial services reviews. Our community writes Halifax Junior ISA reviews to help you decide when choosing financial products, so if you're already a Halifax join in and share a review of your own!

Halifax Review Insight

Your Junior ISA Reviews

Review Halifax's Junior ISA now

Average

Fine product. Halifax are reliable and customer service is good. Rates pretty poor

Reviewed on 10th July 2020
Charlottecm83's avatar
Charlottecm83

Very good

I went into Halifax to open an account for my son. Person very helpful and advised best account to open for my needs

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Laura's avatar
Laura

Extremely easy to setup and manage

Set up a junior ISA for my daughter. The process was painless and management of the account is very straightforward.

Reviewed on 7th January 2020
Warren Jacobs's avatar
Warren Jacobs

Poor and dated banking service

I opened 3 junior ISA account in local... Read more

I opened 3 junior ISA account in local branch.
I am unable to obtain balance on my 3 children's ISA accounts unless I physically go into the branch. I having set up internet banking but only able to view their regular saving accounts. Telephone helpline could not give me any information.
I have never received yearly statements for their accounts, having had the accounts for 2 1/2 years and when contacting helpline to arrange postal statements I was told I would need to go back into the local branch to set this up.
I now wish to close all accounts with Halifax due to their poor banking service, however when opening the ISA accounts I was not informed that I would never be able to close these accounts or transfer them to another junior ISA and they would have to keep their accounts until they are 18 years old.

Reviewed on 20th November 2019
Helen Britton's avatar
Helen Britton

Perfect

No problems and they couldn't be any better. 1.5% interest is good as well!

Reviewed on 6th May 2017

Difficult company to leave

I have been trying to transfer my daughter's junior ISA to another company for months now. Every time I contact the Halifax I am either ignored or told they need yet further documentation. So far, I have sent them proof of my change of name (my original marriage certificate), proof of my new address (various accepted utility bills), birth certificates, letters, emails, phone messages, but they are still refusing to even communicate with me. I assume their plan is to wait until the new financial year, when it will be too late for us to add money to this year's ISA unless we give the money to them. Disgraceful service and would not recommend in any circumstances.

Reviewed on 12th February 2017
Ann MacLean-Fleming's avatar
Ann MacLean-Fleming

Good interest rate

My daughters savings account has a very competitive rate of interest. I can only manage it in branch, which is inconvenient, but as we don't need access to the account very much it isn't a huge problem.

Reviewed on 4th February 2017
Jessica steele 's avatar
Jessica steele

Great rates

Halifax always keep in contact with any account changes. My little girl gets a vey good rate for the future.

Reviewed on 29th November 2016