Virgin Money Cash ISA Reviews

Ratings based on 91 reviews Last review 5 days ago

Virgin Money Cash ISAs are a simple way to save, tax-free. You can choose from a range of variable or fixed rate ISAs and you can also transfer other ISAs in. And Virgin Money won’t tempt you in with great introductory bonus rates that suddenly disappear.

Brought to you by Virgin Money.

Our Smart Money People 360° Rating

Good Savings
Combines our customer review data set with wider market analysis. Find out more here.

Your Cash ISA Reviews (91)

8th November 2018

the worst experience

the worst experience with any financial institute I have ever had. I do not believe they handle your data correctly, on each call they request your full name, DOB, place of birth, mothers maiden name, account number and sort code. in this day and age this is way behind the current accepted procedures and a huge risk to each and ever customers. Please consider a different company for any of your financial requirements.

5th November 2018

Virgin ISA

Happy with virgin, online really easy to access information and when you phone up always dealt with quickly and efficiently

Reply from Virgin Money
That's great to hear, thanks for taking the time to send us your feedback. If you need anything just get in touch. Thanks, Holly
1st August 2018

Just awful process to open cash ISA

Just awful! These people are so disorganized and maddening. Do not give your money to this company!!
I invested in a cash ISA and from the moment of applying, they began a barrage of asking for all sorts of information. I get the whole proof of identity etc, but it was asked for over and over, even when I had already sent it on a number of occasions. Then began the forms and requirements as to proof of where my money was coming from. Again, I somewhat understand anti money laundering measures, but its 20k for heavens sake Not a substantial sum that should require such hard work on my (a customers/investors) part. I have never had to work so hard and provide such documentation in order to give a company my money.
They asked for a lot of personal information and documents from me, which i did not feel comfortable with continuing to give. Then after several attempts of giving the documents they wanted, they kept coming back and asking for more. Even though they could have asked for it all the first time around!!!?
The worst part for me, is their threats and holding my money to ransom. In short, they basically said that I cannot have access to/withdraw 'MY' money unless i give them everything they ask for. The matter was even escalated to management and investigations team. They finally came up with a solution and wanted some final documents from me. They even wrote a letter, stating exactly what it is that they want from me to resolve this. Guess what?! I sent them these forms and proof of where my source of funds come from (which i found very invasive). They contacted me back, saying that they now want proof of address and identity!! haha!. Not only are they asking for further things, after stating clearly in a letter from management, that I only had to provide one last thing (none of which was proof of identity etc). Also its forms and documents that I already sent them at the beginning of the application. Actually a few times over.
Absolutely appalling organization, bad service and blatantly invading my privacy. They even tried to make out that its a legal requirement and everyone asks for this information. Which i know is nonsense, since I opened a different ISA in a previous year and was not asked to provide any of this. Apparently its company specific. Therefore, it appears that this company like to really put out their customers and make their life difficult and basically hold your money for however long they deem, whilst i play thier ridiculous paperwork games. I want out of the investment and make good on any returns i have made, but they wont let me, until i jump over more hurdles that they are creating. If they make it so that i lose money because of this, then that in itself is beyond acceptable.

Reply from Virgin Money
Thanks for getting in touch Dan, if you could email your details to reviewhelper@virginmoney.com I'd be happy to look into this further for you. Thanks, Jane
9th April 2018

Attractive rewards

Excellent customer service and very competitive rates of interest .Always polite and friendly . Great advice and suggestions

Reply from Virgin Money
Thanks for getting in touch Mark, great to hear your lovely feedback! Just let us know if there's ever anything we can help with. Thanks, Jane
13th February 2018

Easy and efficient

This has been the simplest ISA to open that I have experienced and so far they have been very efficient. It has all been done online and they have transferred my old isas over quickly and without any hassle to myself. Although the rates for ISAs are not great in general, these rates have been competitive.

Reply from Virgin Money
Great to hear from you Marilyn, thanks for your feedback! If there's anything we can help with, just get back in touch. Thanks, Jane
23rd January 2018

Friendly, helpful, efficient

Whenever I call Virgin Money, the all is answered quickly. The staff in the British Call Centres are always, happy, helpful, and very efficient; I've never had to ha e a follow up call. Exactly what is needed, and in a jolly happy way.