Virgin Money Cash ISA Reviews

Ratings based on 206 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Your Cash ISA Reviews

Review Virgin Money's Cash ISA now

Poor customer service

Opened a Cash ISA in June. Wanted to transfer it to another Virgin Cash ISA. No response to Account e-mails. No answer to phone. Wish I had read your reviews before getting involved with Virgin. Won't happen again. Wouldn't recommend Virgin to worst enemy Read more

Opened a Cash ISA in June. Wanted to transfer it to another Virgin Cash ISA. No response to Account e-mails. No answer to phone. Wish I had read your reviews before getting involved with Virgin. Won't happen again. Wouldn't recommend Virgin to worst enemy.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2022
martin.millar21@hotmail.co.uk's avatar
martin.millar21@hotmail.co.uk

My ISA lost £5000 due to staff error

Staff are untrained or badly trained. My ISA lost money. The numbers simply dropped. I found out staff transfered my money out by mistake. I still don’t have it back. Waiting 18 weeks. Many hours of calls.

Reviewed on 19th November 2022
Penny's avatar
Penny

Pathetic customer service

Sent an e email via there we site requesting an appointment.on sunday.lady rang me Wednesday at approx 11am but not at the time I had requested on there web site.asked her to ring me back at 1.45..still waiting.so have filled the appointment request in ag Read more

Sent an e email via there we site requesting an appointment.on sunday.lady rang me Wednesday at approx 11am but not at the time I had requested on there web site.asked her to ring me back at 1.45..still waiting.so have filled the appointment request in again 4 times and still no phone calls.going to try other companies for my savings.

Reviewed on 18th November 2022
Norman elliott 's avatar
Norman elliott

Rotten customer service

Terrible customer service and ignorant staff

Reviewed on 11th November 2022
Simon's avatar
Simon

Terrible rude customer service

Exceptional customer rude for being so rude

Reviewed on 9th November 2022
Grant's avatar
Grant

Cannot transfer money

Already a customer. Opened fixed rate ISA on Sep 26. Still cannot transfer money as of Oct 16. No reply to phone or online chat. Will not be proceeding. Hopeless.

Reviewed on 16th October 2022
Dave Gee's avatar
Dave Gee

Awful

It’s taken 6 weeks to transfer money internally, to a new 1 year fixed cash ISA. Amongst other hold-ups they wanted proof of ID and address - I already have an account with them! My husband did and Identical transfer in no time at all without any fuss.

Reviewed on 9th October 2022
Paul Lloyd's avatar
Paul Lloyd

not the best rates

Like many banks slow to pass on rate increases

Reviewed on 16th August 2022
peter's avatar
peter

Patronising mollycoddlers

I do have the capability and intelligence to know if my card has been stolen or lost, your extra security measures are annoying and patronising. I entered a Virgin Bank to report my card wasn't t working (as a result of Virgin patronising security measur Read more

I entered a Virgin Bank to report my card wasn't t working (as a result of Virgin patronising security measures) my wallet was open as I informed bank staff of faulty card. I went to take bank card from wallet, staff member noticed a similar looking card within wallet, asking if it was my new bank card(yeah cause I'm too stupid to have know to use new card) I informed her it was my credit card. Yet she persisted asking if it was my new Virgin card. Even reaching into my wallet to try and get the card out.i told the patronising pushy Virgin Bank Staff member that I was not stupid and did know what is and is not my bank card. Horrid woman!

Reviewed on 9th July 2022
dav's avatar
dav

Cash ISA Issues

Already a customer of Virgin, I opened a new Cash ISA with them on Monday 30 May. Still unable to access the account on 2 June either online or by getting someone to answer the phone. Other banks manage this instantly. Virgin's systems seem to be a mess.

Reviewed on 2nd June 2022
Maisie Maisie's avatar
Maisie Maisie

Avoid Virgin if you want to open an ISA with them

I opened a cash Isa with Virgin money on 19th May which they state will take a few days to become operational. Contacted them on 23rd May via telephone as I still wasnt able to use the account & was informed that I would need to provide ID before I could Read more

I opened a cash Isa with Virgin money on 19th May which they state will take a few days to become operational. Contacted them on 23rd May via telephone as I still wasnt able to use the account & was informed that I would need to provide ID before I could use it & they usually request this by post. Advised I had not received anything by post whereupon staff member said he would e-mail me a link to provide ID. Info was subsequently uploaded on 23rd May but as of 26th May still unable to access account! Letter received today 26th requesting ID be uploaded...could this not have been requested by e-mail when opening account? One week from opening & still none the wiser! Actually think I will now look elsewhere to open. My advice is to avoid at all costs

Reviewed on 26th May 2022
Helen's avatar
Helen

Avoid at all costs. Pathetic customer service. Awful app.

Even if you pay £160 per year for the "premium" card it is incredibly difficult to get someone on the phone. The website clearly says "We can discuss your account and explain what options are available to you. We’re here 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8a Read more

Even if you pay £160 per year for the "premium" card it is incredibly difficult to get someone on the phone. The website clearly says "We can discuss your account and explain what options are available to you. We’re here 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturday" but that is simply not true. I am not sure what time the customer service team actually clock off but it's a lot earlier than 8 pm. I have called at 6.30 pm and 7 pm on different days and there has been no one available on both days. It is as if they make it deliberately frustrating by making you jump through a dozen hoops (press 1 for this, press 2 for that, input your DOB, input your card number) before THEN TELLING you the team is not available. And the app is SO UNHELPFUL. You cannot, despite Virgin's claim to the contrary, use the app to resolve a number of issues. It just refers you to the website, which tells you to call or check the useless app. A complete and utter waste of time. And redeeming the airline vouchers is also incredibly frustrating and difficult, and if you speak to the credit card customer service team they are absolutely clueless about that too. PATHETIC.

Reviewed on 11th May 2022
Arthur's avatar
Arthur

No communications with this bank

I have held a Cash ISA with Virgin Money for several years. I have not received any correspondence from them since December 2019. My log in details no longer work seemingly because as they have been taken over by Yorks and Clydesdale. No answers on their Read more

I have held a Cash ISA with Virgin Money for several years. I have not received any correspondence from them since December 2019. My log in details no longer work seemingly because as they have been taken over by Yorks and Clydesdale. No answers on their helpline phone.

Reviewed on 11th May 2022
John Smith's avatar
John Smith

My brother and I, cheated out of £,7000 by Virgin Money bank (Beverley).

My brother and I had to deal with them before, and after my mother's passing. They are a no-star bunch of crooks. We have experienced. VM Beverley Went against a signed letter authorising transfer of money from M plus saver to M plus current account. Fal Read more

VM Beverley Went against a signed letter authorising transfer of money from M plus saver to M plus current account. Fallaciously cited concerns with money laundering laws - at time of TV docu regarding HSBC getting away with money laundering breaches of law. (Early part of 2022).
Then dictated refusal of payment out of accounts to the estate (executor). On grounds of needing to comply with probate laws; when the amount was well under the prescribed £30,000 limit.
Then paid out but with a shortfall of nearly £7,000.
Went through the charade and flimflam of an investigation, taking several months of prevarication and procrastination.
Completely whitewashed their reply citing no case to answer to me, as the named executor of the estate was my brother. However had been perfectly happy to deal with me by letter throughout. Having served them with notice of death (certificate) on my brother' behalf - living in Hull.
Case has been taken up with the FOS and still ongoing as at 29 April 2022.
Have asked for due remedy involving restitution; standard rate interest over period of weeks between payment of bulk of account residue to date; and compo damages.
However FOS dragging heels and giving impression of being complicitously and duplicitously situated.

Having seen very adverse reviews of VM would warn people against having anything (further) to do with these unregulated 'Rogue Trader' crooks. And their operation in a manner disturbingly similar to modern day Nazism.
Presided over by Sir Richard Branson; no less...

Reviewed on 29th April 2022
Antony Clayton's avatar
Antony Clayton

A Spiral of Decline

Once upon a time a fine Northern Rock account, then Virgin/Cleveland? But uncompetitive rates and then when opting for closure and cheque the result is another letter requesting another signed form. No other institution I have dealt with has such a delayi Read more

Once upon a time a fine Northern Rock account, then Virgin/Cleveland? But uncompetitive rates and then when opting for closure and cheque the result is another letter requesting another signed form. No other institution I have dealt with has such a delaying tactic and you provide your own envelope and stamp. Steer clear.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2022
Jeffrey Waller's avatar
Jeffrey Waller

Dreadful - trapped in a system that does not work

Opened a cash ISA - Virgin system will not recognise any of the information supplied to me by Virgin. This means that I can not sign in. No one will answer the telephone and so I am trapped with a cash ISA with no money in and have missed my tax allow Read more

No one will answer the telephone and so I am trapped with a cash ISA with no money in and have missed my tax allowance.

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
GG's avatar
GG

App Needs To Include ISA's

Great service but the mobile app has to include ISA's otherwise no complaints.

Reviewed on 26th March 2022
Martin's avatar
Martin

Great service, great website, good rates

Whenever I needed assistance from the Virgin Money team I was always assisted nicely and issues resolved. Very happy with my experience to date

Reviewed on 17th January 2022
MichaelB's avatar
MichaelB

Best interest rate at present.

Best interest rate at the moment with 2 penalty free withdrawals in 12 month period

Reviewed on 16th September 2021
Naomi Lewis's avatar
Naomi Lewis

Lack of app

Decent rate. The the lack of an app and the complexity to logging in makes the account very inconvenient to use. No idea why they have not addressed this by 2021!!

Reviewed on 27th February 2021