American Express Gold Credit Card Reviews

Wondering if the American Express Gold credit card is right for you? Read our reviewers comments, which talk about things like the benefits offered by this card (particularly for travellers) as well as the fees and interest rates associated with using the card. Have the Gold card from American Express and like/dislike it? Share your comments by leaving a review on this site, and your comments help guide thousands of others who are looking for American Express credit card reviews.

American Express Review Insight

Features

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Gold Credit Card Reviews

Review American Express's Gold Credit Card now

I am happy with a well-maintained customer service system

Unlike those small fin-techs who wholly rely on internet and have very shabby customer support, I feel very reassured with AMEX because I’ve not had a problem to reach out to them whenever I need.

Reviewed on 17th March 2020
C's avatar
C

Great all rounder

Amex has never let me down. The Gold card is the perfect all rounder for a ocasional traveler like me and the rewards program is generous.

Reviewed on 3rd February 2020
Jon Altuna 's avatar
Jon Altuna

Happy customer

Been using the amex gold card for a year now, and it definitely changed my life.

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
Mo's avatar
Mo

Best credit card out there

Love this card for allowing me travel almost for free back home

Reviewed on 10th December 2019
Andrei Ianovskii's avatar
Andrei Ianovskii

Great customer service and card definitely worth its value. Thanks AMEX!

Reviewed on 10th November 2018
Mat's avatar
Mat

Easy

Amex was very easy to sign up and use with great communication and awards.

Reviewed on 2nd June 2018
Anon's avatar
Anon

Excellent alround service

Love my AmEx. Excellent app helps me keep track of spending and I earn lots of points which I can use as cash off my bill. Regular special offers too.

Reviewed on 5th February 2018
Hannah Massingham's avatar
Hannah Massingham

Great for first year spending

No annual fee in first year. Membership points with promotions through Amex Offers. Great for Small Business offer in December every year.

Reviewed on 6th November 2017
David Ihn's avatar
David Ihn

Rewarding

I have gold amex rewards card and could not be happier with the service and benefits provided. I put all of my daily expenses as well as big purchases on the card to generate reward points. I can use those points on Amazon and transfer them towards flights in the form of avios points, which is what I've done numerous times. All in all, great credit card for those who can manage their finance as you have to repay the balance in full at the end of each month.

Reviewed on 30th May 2017
Igor Marin's avatar
Igor Marin

Good card with sign-up bonus

card is great to use with good sign-up bonus and no fee in the first year

Reviewed on 4th April 2017