American Express British Airways Credit Card Reviews

Want to read reviews of the American Express British Airways card from UK consumers just like you? Read on to see what people have said on Smart Money People! Our community reviews credit cards like the Amex BA card so that others can make better informed decisions about which credit card to buy. So whether it's the number of Avios points, BA Exec Club, or any other card benefit you're interested in, read our reviews first to get a better idea of what using the card day to day is actually like!

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your British Airways Credit Card Reviews

Review American Express's British Airways Credit Card now

Spending with the perks

I like to utilise my day to day spending by accumulating points that I can use to redeem on flights and this credit card offers that and more. It offers additional perks when spending a certain limit yearly and also personalised offers at certain stores.

Reviewed on 13th January 2022
Alesio's avatar
Alesio

Great card

I have been using Amex now for over 20 years and it has been the best card I have. I get lots of avios points when I spend on my card and I also get companion vouchers for flights when I spend so much in a year, a winner in my book.

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
Neil Molyneux's avatar
Neil Molyneux

Good to collect Avios points

Good to collect Avios points. Very friendly customer service. I would definitely recommend this credit card.

Reviewed on 6th January 2022
Kamil's avatar
Kamil

Forward thinking card company

Like the local shop this card provider offers, along with voting for a local business. Overall it's a good card and been customer over 5 years and still happy.

Reviewed on 5th July 2021
M Reeves's avatar
M Reeves

Good overall card

Each time I've contacted Amex have been extremely professional and helpful. Love the rewards that go with this card.

Reviewed on 5th July 2021
M Reeves's avatar
M Reeves

Great value

A great way to make something out of when you use your credit card. Especially if you love travelling and make use of Avios “the card benefits points” which translates into money. What else if good about it is that every now and then they have special o Read more

What else if good about it is that every now and then they have special offer and you can acquire more points of have discounts to various retailers

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Dora's avatar
Dora

Amaizing Covid proof product

Continue to delivery best credit card value proposition while ensuring rewards are Covid proof. Best product!!!

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Margaret Gosia Skotnicka's avatar
Margaret Gosia Skotnicka

Great for Avios

I'm happy with the card and BA benefits

Reviewed on 6th August 2020
Tim Reed's avatar
Tim Reed

Amazing Credit Cards

I have been an American Express customer for 4 years now and have had American Express Cashback Card, Gold Card, BA Premium Plus and now BA Blue Card. With Cashback card earned enough cashback. The opted for Gold card and then the BA cards and have never Read more

I have been an American Express customer for 4 years now and have had American Express Cashback Card, Gold Card, BA Premium Plus and now BA Blue Card. With Cashback card earned enough cashback. The opted for Gold card and then the BA cards and have never looked back since. I activated my 2-1 voucher earlier in June and have 150K + points so once the covid situation gets better I can start to look for the upgraded holiday ;) Thank you Amex.

Reviewed on 25th June 2020
Sohel's avatar
Sohel

GOOD CHAT SERVICE FOR DISABLED CUSTOMERS

Disability wise I cannot use phones, if I have a problem I can go to the chat easily and someone will help me and there has never not been someone there when I needed help. I always get my problem resolved straight away. This to me is gold as so many ba Read more

This to me is gold as so many banks/cards demand you phone them, not recognising disability at all and are not willing to do anything about it to make reasonable adjustments. I don't constantly have my card blocked like my other cards, which is no good to anyone which leaves you for months without any service as banks fail to respond to letters, so I feel AE is reliable for me and my disability needs when I am needing help.

Reviewed on 17th June 2020
justwannahelp's avatar
justwannahelp

Amazing customer service

Very prompt at replying to any queries online.

Reviewed on 12th May 2020
Natasha King's avatar
Natasha King

F*£king A

allows you to spend and earn avoid points that you can then spend on flights around the world

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
Kevin McGovern's avatar
Kevin McGovern

Brilliant

Love using AMEX heaps cos they provide excellent services, deffos recommend

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Alexander's avatar
Alexander

Wonderful

Very good rewards for using the card, and the customer service provided by Amex has consistently been great.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2020
Kkkkkc's avatar
Kkkkkc

Love building Avois

Avios is such a great way for guilt free travel - woohoo

Reviewed on 27th January 2020
Jo's avatar
Jo

Beautiful Card, easy application

Beautifully designed card with an easy application process. The overseas transaction fee is bothersome, but it's a reliable card and customer support is exceptional.

Reviewed on 24th January 2020
Jonathan's avatar
Jonathan

Love having AVIOS points for each pound I spend

Amazing to have plenty of offers I can save on my card, as well as having AVIOS points for each pound I spend

Reviewed on 17th January 2020
Andrea Ruto's avatar
Andrea Ruto

Completely useless

A Companion Voucher sounds great. It sounds as though you can book a First or Business Class flight, and take your wife/partner for free, except for taxes. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! The voucher is essentially unusable. I have spent the last Read more

A Companion Voucher sounds great. It sounds as though you can book a First or Business Class flight, and take your wife/partner for free, except for taxes. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! The voucher is essentially unusable. I have spent the last few days trying to find any flights that might be be able to use Companion Vouchers. I have tried maybe ten destinations, but the voucher is completely unusable. This is a massive CON! Do not take a British Airways American Express card. I have taken flights all over the world in the last year, but will lose my Silver card.
I don't know whether it is British Airways, or American Express, that is perpetrating this con, but stick with good quality credit cards that do not pretend other benefits.

Reviewed on 11th December 2019
Alan Skinner's avatar
Alan Skinner

Miles!

Great way to accrue BA Avios . Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 12th May 2019
Keith's avatar
Keith

Membership rewards and airmiles, just brilliant.

I love the BA Amex because of the membership rewards, it's a brilliant aspect of the card. I've triggered bonuses and am well on my way around the world if I transfer them to airmiles!

Reviewed on 16th April 2019