American Express British Airways Credit Card Reviews

Ratings based on 34 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Want to read reviews of the American Express British Airways card from UK consumers just like you? Read on to see what people have said on Smart Money People! Our community reviews credit cards like the Amex BA card so that others can make better informed decisions about which credit card to buy. So whether it's the number of Avios points, BA Exec Club, or any other card benefit you're interested in, read our reviews first to get a better idea of what using the card day to day is actually like!

American Express Review Insight

Your British Airways Credit Card Reviews

Review American Express's British Airways Credit Card now

Good overall card

Each time I've contacted Amex have been extremely professional and helpful. Love the rewards that go with this card.

Reviewed on 5th July 2021
M Reeves's avatar
M Reeves

Amaizing Covid proof product

Continue to delivery best credit card value proposition while ensuring rewards are Covid proof. Best product!!!

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
Margaret Gosia Skotnicka's avatar
Margaret Gosia Skotnicka

Great for Avios

I'm happy with the card and BA benefits

Reviewed on 6th August 2020
Tim Reed's avatar
Tim Reed

Amazing Credit Cards

I have been an American Express customer for 4 years now and have had American Express Cashback Card, Gold Card, BA Premium Plus and now BA Blue Card. With Cashback card earned enough cashback. The opted for Gold card and then the BA cards and have never looked back since. I activated my 2-1 voucher earlier in June and have 150K + points so once the covid situation gets better I can start to look for the upgraded holiday ;) Thank you Amex.

Reviewed on 25th June 2020
Sohel's avatar
Sohel

GOOD CHAT SERVICE FOR DISABLED CUSTOMERS

Disability wise I cannot use phones, if I have a problem I can go to the chat easily and someone will help me and there has never not been someone there when I needed help. I always get my problem resolved straight... Read more

Disability wise I cannot use phones, if I have a problem I can go to the chat easily and someone will help me and there has never not been someone there when I needed help. I always get my problem resolved straight away.
This to me is gold as so many banks/cards demand you phone them, not recognising disability at all and are not willing to do anything about it to make reasonable adjustments. I don't constantly have my card blocked like my other cards, which is no good to anyone which leaves you for months without any service as banks fail to respond to letters, so I feel AE is reliable for me and my disability needs when I am needing help.

Reviewed on 17th June 2020
justwannahelp's avatar
justwannahelp

Amazing customer service

Very prompt at replying to any queries online.

Reviewed on 12th May 2020
Natasha King's avatar
Natasha King

F*£king A

allows you to spend and earn avoid points that you can then spend on flights around the world

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
Kevin McGovern's avatar
Kevin McGovern

Brilliant

Love using AMEX heaps cos they provide excellent services, deffos recommend

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Alexander's avatar
Alexander

Wonderful

Very good rewards for using the card, and the customer service provided by Amex has consistently been great.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2020
Kkkkkc's avatar
Kkkkkc

Love building Avois

Avios is such a great way for guilt free travel - woohoo

Reviewed on 27th January 2020
Jo's avatar
Jo

Beautiful Card, easy application

Beautifully designed card with an easy application process. The overseas transaction fee is bothersome, but it's a reliable card and customer support is exceptional.

Reviewed on 24th January 2020
Jonathan's avatar
Jonathan

Love having AVIOS points for each pound I spend

Amazing to have plenty of offers I can save on my card, as well as having AVIOS points for each pound I spend

Reviewed on 17th January 2020
Andrea Ruto's avatar
Andrea Ruto

Completely useless

A Companion Voucher sounds great. It sounds as though you can book a First or Business Class flight, and take your wife/partner for free, except for taxes. NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH! The voucher is essentially unusable. I have spent the last few days trying to find any flights that might be be able to use Companion Vouchers. I have tried maybe ten destinations, but the voucher is completely unusable. This is a massive CON! Do not take a British Airways American Express card. I have taken flights all over the world in the last year, but will lose my Silver card.
I don't know whether it is British Airways, or American Express, that is perpetrating this con, but stick with good quality credit cards that do not pretend other benefits.

Reviewed on 11th December 2019
Alan Skinner's avatar
Alan Skinner

Miles!

Great way to accrue BA Avios . Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 12th May 2019
Keith's avatar
Keith

Membership rewards and airmiles, just brilliant.

I love the BA Amex because of the membership rewards, it's a brilliant aspect of the card. I've triggered bonuses and am well on my way around the world if I transfer them to airmiles!

Reviewed on 16th April 2019
Martin's avatar
Martin

Very relIable

Always good to have this card as gives adequate credit and also useful in any emergency

Reviewed on 19th January 2019
John Westlake's avatar
John Westlake

Love BA Amex but.

I love my BA Amex due to the points I can collect. But, I recently got a letter from AMEX re miscommunication of benefits (some travel delay thing). I think it's pretty poor for a firm like AMEX to make such a basic mistake.

Reviewed on 7th January 2019
Michael Fotis's avatar
Michael Fotis

A credit card with great service, and great offers.

Reviewed on 14th December 2018
Kenny's avatar
Kenny

Strong brand, reliable products and services

American Express is a reliable company, strong brand and its services are really good. The only inconvenience is the fact that not every places accept American Express Credit Card, so in a daily basis shops you maybe will need an other credit card. But, I highly recommend Amex as I'm a old customer, never have any problem with them and a I really trust in American Express products and services, even when I lived in South America.

Reviewed on 8th December 2018
Rule Sandoli's avatar
Rule Sandoli

Excellent experience and good offers and products

Nice people behind, always open to help you if any query

Reviewed on 21st November 2018