Bank of Scotland Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Bank of Scotland mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Bank of Scotland mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Review Bank of Scotland's Fixed Rate Mortgage now

Rude online banking

I have tried to make a deposit on my new kitchen & bathroom. I have online banking and have been refused twice now. I’ve had lengthy calls to their “ fraud squad” Which I agree with once but not three times. The calls were lengthy over 20 mins and 20 min Read more

Which I agree with once but not three times. The calls were lengthy over 20 mins and 20 mins waiting in a queue to speak to someone. The first call handler was very nice and assured me that my transfer would go ahead. The second time i tried it again wouldn’t go thru as the bank had flagged this. I was out onto a guy from Northern Ireland that was interrogating me rather than helping. He was u helpful extremely rude and condescending. I think he was definitely in the wrong job. Atrocious customer service. He delayed my work being started and caused a huge inconvenience.
I am making a formal complaint

Reviewed on 14th June 2022
Moira 's avatar
Moira

Mortgage Product Transfer Disappointment

I was carrying out a product transfer with my mortgage lender and was very disappointed by the offers available. My index linked value was very healthy, with a 70% LTV rate, approx, and the best deal available was only about 3.79% 2 year fixed rate, 3yr F Read more

I was carrying out a product transfer with my mortgage lender and was very disappointed by the offers available. My index linked value was very healthy, with a 70% LTV rate, approx, and the best deal available was only about 3.79% 2 year fixed rate, 3yr FR was also the same price and %. To me these were similar rates to other lenders on their 95% LTV rates. However, their valuation's for the property were lower meaning this was not an option.

Reviewed on 25th January 2020
Bob's avatar
Bob

Mortgage

Great personal service from local branch

Reviewed on 8th May 2019
Michael Rattray's avatar
Michael Rattray

Stress Free Mortgage

I had an advisor who led me through the whole process and made the whole thing easy

Reviewed on 12th January 2019
Clare MacDonald's avatar
Clare MacDonald

Great Deal

We were offered a fantastic deal for our mortgage with a fixed rate that was right sized to our needs. Mortgage advisor was extremely knowledgeable and dug deep to provide us with the right option for us. Certainly can't complain.

Reviewed on 6th November 2018
GH's avatar
GH

Mortgage Misery

Avoid at all costs Cant believe that they can trade in Uk.

Reviewed on 4th October 2018
David's avatar
David

They lie about doing things, and only communicate by letter

Lazy, incompetent, and/or liars who work in their back office team. They don't have online systems for communication, they don't have outbound email or fax - ONLY letters - and they repeatedly tell you that they have sent very important letters when they Read more

Lazy, incompetent, and/or liars who work in their back office team. They don't have online systems for communication, they don't have outbound email or fax - ONLY letters - and they repeatedly tell you that they have sent very important letters when they have not. For 3 weeks we've been trying to make an important, but basic change to the mortgage. Making any request for amendment is passed on the by the customer service team . You can't speak to the back office team, yet they tell the CS team that it's been dealt with. So far, after at least 20 phone calls from various people including our solicitors, they have still not done the most basic of tasks. They don't have an online platform to see mortgage documents. EVERYTHING is done by letters. Hello the 1990s. The back office team are either lazy, liars or incompetent - or possibly all 3.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2018
Williammmmm's avatar
Williammmmm

great service

I have used the Bank of Scotland for my residential mortgage and a buy to let and have found their mortgage advisor and the rest of their staff to be extremely helpful and respectful, making the experience stress free and easy.

Reviewed on 11th February 2018
Sam Morrison's avatar
Sam Morrison

Great Service

I was impressed by the highly personalised service I received and ongoing support

Reviewed on 10th February 2018
Clare MacDonald's avatar
Clare MacDonald

Friendly and helpful

The staff were friendly, helpful and seemed to know there stuff. Very pleased with the level of service we received though it was a little busy.

Reviewed on 14th January 2018
Alex's avatar
Alex

great service

Liked the onl8iine chat which made life easier and the personal interaction was superb. Wish I that back when I was involved in mortgage lending. All in all a great experience

Reviewed on 9th November 2017
Alan Gordon 's avatar
Alan Gordon

Great deal

I just arranged a new mortgage and I got an amazing deal with great service

Reviewed on 7th November 2017
Gemma Laird's avatar
Gemma Laird

Great deal on fixed rate

I just reviewed my fixed rate deal and changed to a new 2 year fixed rate deal. I got an excellent interest rate bringing my payments down which means I can overpay and bring my mortgage down quicker

Reviewed on 30th April 2017
Gemma Laird's avatar
Gemma Laird

great service

I regularly review my mortgage with the Bank Of Scotland mortgage advisor at my local branch. She is knowledgeable, professional and friendly and I changed all ,y banking business to the Bank of Scotland because of her excellent service.

Reviewed on 10th February 2017
Samantha COULL's avatar
Samantha COULL

Poor show

I've been shopping around for a mortgage for a while new and was very disappointed with my own bank the Bank of Scotland. I've been with them about 20 years and I have always been a good customer. I was disappointed about how much they were prepared to Read more

I've been shopping around for a mortgage for a while new and was very disappointed with my own bank the Bank of Scotland. I've been with them about 20 years and I have always been a good customer. I was disappointed about how much they were prepared to lend me (the least of all the banks I visited). I was impressed with there customer service and I'll be taking out a mortgage with another bank in the near future.

Reviewed on 14th November 2016
Michael Rattray's avatar
Michael Rattray

Tricked by the Bank of a Scotland - Check Your Morgage Payments

I've been a loyal customer with the Bank of Scotland for over thirty years and have very recently discovered I have been tricked into paying extortionate house contents and building insurance fees, which were tied into my mortgage payments - a mortgage I Read more

I've been a loyal customer with the Bank of Scotland for over thirty years and have very recently discovered I have been tricked into paying extortionate house contents and building insurance fees, which were tied into my mortgage payments - a mortgage I have been making overpayments to in order to pay it off quicker. Only due to the advantage of online banking have I actually became aware of this underhand method of extorting money from me. Please check your own details as I was never sent a building or contents renewal notice informing me of the cost (this year nearly £800 for a very modest ex-council house with no additional high cost items included). It is fair to say, I will be transferring all my accounts to a bank, who treat their customers with respect -shame on the Bank of Scotland.

Reviewed on 20th May 2016