Clydesdale Bank Current Account Reviews

Clydesdale Bank Current Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest Clydesdale Bank Current Account reviews to find out what life as a Clydesdale Bank customer is really like. And remember, if you are a Clydesdale Bank customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of Clydesdale Bank Current Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Clydesdale Bank Review Insight

Fees & Charges

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Current Account Reviews

Review Clydesdale Bank's Current Account now

Bank account with useful benefits

Clydesdale Bank Reward Account is an easy to use account with a decent app which includes allowing you to pay in cheques via the app without having to visit a branch.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Philip Thomson's avatar
Philip Thomson

Signature Account

Fantastic packaged account for great value of £13.50. Offers Travel Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Mobile Insurance and Gadget Cover.

Reviewed on 19th July 2020

Signature Account

Fantastic value for money. Travel Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Mobile Phone and Gadget Insurance all for £13.50 per month.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020

Very bad bank

I wish I never joined this bank I wish I read the reviews but I joined virgin money bank which I now find out is Clydesdale bank big big big mistake.... Read more

My story is I have stage 4 terminal cancer bone lung blood very rare and very aggressive sarcoma I opened this account 3 weeks ago to have my benefits paid into it yesterday I found out that my account has been put on hold and have stopped me from gaining access to my money with no reason what so ever and I have been told by all government agency that they cannot hold benefits monies paid to me it is illegal and they are breaking the law but hey do they listen no they have caused me stress and it’s killing me so they are some evil people working there rude VERY VERY RUDE and they do not care I have reported them to ombudsman who are now looking into this and solicitors for breaking the law I hope and pray they lose there banking licenses and never operate again so MY FELLOW BANKERS PLEASE DO NOT BANK WITH THIS BANK

Reviewed on 11th March 2020
Huseyin bozokay's avatar
Huseyin bozokay

Wish I never joined this bank

Reviewed on 11th March 2020
Huseyin bozokay's avatar
Huseyin bozokay

Great bank for many years with an easy app & banking

Used this bank since i was young, never had any issues with banking, loans, overdrafts. Charges are always reasonable and their banking app easy to use. Even though half the branches are closed never had an issue banking via the post office and the online app means you can also scan in cheques.

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
Lisa's avatar
Lisa

I love the B app

The B banking app is great. Was from Clydesdale/Yorkshire bank but now has been taken over by Virgin. So easy to use, great functionality.

Reviewed on 1st February 2020
Kate S's avatar
Kate S

This bank is absolutely appalling

This bank is absolutely appalling. I was defrauded by someone of nearly £500 - this person was using a Clydesdale bank ... Read more

This bank is absolutely appalling. I was defrauded by someone of nearly £500 - this person was using a Clydesdale bank account.

After contacting their customer service team, they palmed me off and didn't take the fraudulent activity seriously. Eventually i had to obtain a crime reference number and escalate to the Banking Ombudsman to have them take me seriously acknowledging my complaint under reference [#2254504].

Not only that, i provided their customer 'experience' team comprehensive details of what happened, how it happened, account numbers, names, details, times and dates - essentially doing all the investigation for them - this was in October 2019, and in January 2019 they have failed to provide any meaningful update. This is a shambles - money has been stolen by one of their customers and they have no protocol in place to handle this, and are unable to provide any details of what they have actually spent the last 3 months doing.

The ombudsman have now become involved and asked them for a final response - this is not good for Clydesdale (ref: PNX-3390434-W4Z8)

If you are using Clydesdale to bank with - i would be very very concerned as they clearly have no measurable controls around fraud, and could not care less about customer or any other service. The fact that i have had to escalate to the Banking Ombudsman tells you all you need to know about the quality of Clydesdale.

Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 17th January 2020
Ben Thompson's avatar
Ben Thompson

Fantastic Benefits account

I hold the Signature Current account and for what I pay each month I'm still saving a lot of money!

Reviewed on 23rd November 2019

No complaints

I switched over to clydesdale just over 2 years ago now and they are hands down best bank I have ever had. Call centres are always quick to get through to and opening hours in branch are great.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Corrinne McLeish's avatar
Corrinne McLeish

Always Helpful!

Clydesdale Bank staff have always been very helpful and friendly, making sure I'm aware of the best deals to get the most out of my banking!

Reviewed on 31st August 2019
m.simpson's avatar
m.simpson

Signature Current Account

This account gives so much value for only £13.50 a month. I was paying £13 alone for my phone insurance and now I get my phone insurance, travel insurance, breakdown cover and gadget cover.

Reviewed on 15th April 2019

No complaints

I was fed up with my previous bank and finally switched to Clydesdale. Transition was seamless, the app is brilliant and when I asked for a overdraft recently again the service was faultless.

Reviewed on 15th April 2019
Corrinne McLeish's avatar
Corrinne McLeish

Packaged Account

I pay a monthly fee for a packaged account with benefits called a Signature Account. This is a massive saving I use the Travel Insurance, Breakdown Cover, Mobile Phone Insurance etc. Excellent value for money.

Reviewed on 25th January 2019

Great bar branch closures

Very friendly bank, which treats me as an individual and sends me texts if I'm going over my overdraft, to save me charges. Let down badly by the closure of several branches including the 3 most useful to me!

Reviewed on 21st January 2019
Susie Main

Excellent service even with regrettable Branch closures.

Excellent service even with regrettable Branch closures. Treats me like an individual; always friendly and helpful. Let down slightly by their online service which needs google chrome to access, and which can frustratingly need loaded twice before it will work properly, but overall a great Bank.

Reviewed on 19th December 2018
Susie Main

Treats me as an individual

The Clydesdale Bank has friendly and helpful staff, who treat me as an individual. Its online banking is simple, albeit annoyingly one has to use Google Chrome to access it which requires me to change browsers every time I use it - which is daily. However given the way the branch staff and telephone staff interact a lot can be forgiven, even the very inconvenient closure this year of my 3 nearest branches. The Bank text if I go over my limit, and give me plenty of time to pay in and avoid charges. Overall, I recomend the Clydesdale very highly.

Reviewed on 3rd December 2018

RACIST BANK STAFF

I went in with my friend who needed help with his account. He needed a phone number. When I went to the cashier she bluntly refused to offer any service, when I asked why she rudely responded 'because I don't have an account here'. I told her I was with my friend and asked to speak with the manager as she was refusing to help. The manager came out and told me that the cashier reported that I was rude to her! I was stunned, looked at the cashier and asked, you said I was rude to you?' and she said 'yes I was was'. I asked her 'HOW was I rude to you' she turned red and put her head down. The manager said nothing to her as I would have questioned her in front of me. Instead he was threatened to call the police, started shouting at me to get out in front of the customers and to never come back. I told him that I would be going to the police instead. By the way I'm a black woman and my friend is an elderly white man and my belief is that they thought I was trying to get money out of his account. At no point did they speak to my friend. They are racist racist racist. Would never have an account with Clydesdale.

Reviewed on 19th November 2018
Be the best you can be's avatar
Be the best you can be

Fantastic signature account benefits

Reviewed on 11th November 2018

Excellent customer service

Always friendly staff, helpful and not continually trying to flog you something. When they do recommend a product it's because they genuinely believe that it would benefit you.

Reviewed on 8th November 2018