Ecology Building Society Reviews

Ecology Building Society is dedicated to improving the environment by supporting and promoting ecological building practices and sustainable communities. Smart Money People is the place for Ecology Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Ecology Building Society Review Insight

Ecology Building Society Products 559

Savings

Ethically sound and great to deal with

I've been an investor with the Ecology Building Society for longer than I can remember - probably 20 years by... Read more

I've been an investor with the Ecology Building Society for longer than I can remember - probably 20 years by now.

They've always been my go-to savings provider. Yes, the interest rates may not be the highest, but it's a tiny price to pay for knowing that your money is 100% ethically invested - no ifs, no buts.

They're great to deal with, too. You always get straight through to a person (not like some providers who subject long-suffering customers to endless queues with stupid music - you know who you are!) and they're infallibly efficient and friendly.

What's not to like?

Reviewed on 1st May 2021
Simon Jones's avatar
Simon Jones

Community and friendly

Old school banking principles in a digital age

Reviewed on 27th April 2021
Gregor's avatar
Gregor

25 years saving with the Ecology

The magazine with inspirational eco-homes using passivehaus items imported and reclaimed materials.

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
Sarah Waterton's avatar
Sarah Waterton

Fantastic service and ethical

Always efficient and it's ethical.

Reviewed on 18th April 2021
Billy Tipping's avatar
Billy Tipping

Ethical, efficient, personal

I feel I'm dealing with real people at EBS, whereas other banks seem to be staffed by machines. And they are fruly ethical. That matters.

Chris Miller's avatar
Chris Miller

Nobody I'd rather bank with

Ecology are great and continue to improve their services. I only wish I could have a current account with them too. I've been a customer for 11 years now and have had no issues at all - just a great ethical savings option.

Dave S's avatar
Dave S

Imaginative and individual service

The Ecology supports the sympathetic preservation of old buildings and granted a mortgage on our 450-year-old home after a major building society withdrew its offer at the last minute on questionable grounds.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Happy ancient home owner's avatar
Happy ancient home owner

Savings

Ecology is Simply Genuine.

Ecology Simply Do what they set out to.... Ecological environmentally sound mortgages. And... Read more

Ecology Simply Do what they set out to.... Ecological environmentally sound mortgages. And Savings.
No waste of money on over glossy ads, over inflating claims of size.
Ecology is honest. When they write inform me of product changes, it's real, straightforward and legible.
Ecology employ genuine people who speak to me like a real intelligent person. There's no double speak. Just sincere friendly communication.
I trust ecology integrity.

Zoe Hayward's avatar
Zoe Hayward

Savings

working for a better environment

Ecology have provided a consistently high standard of service, in line with their ethical principles!

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
JR's avatar
JR

Mrs Carole Neal

They were the only Building Society that would finance our unusual eco project and provided support and took an interest right through to completion. We were invited to present our project to other members at their AGM in order to help those members in their own projects. We have not hesitated to recommend the Ecology Building Society to other people in our position. They provided finance up front which meant that we didn't have to get a bridging loan which is common practice for self builders, When we required more money late in the project that money was readily forthcoming. As both borrowers and savers we have attended many AGMs, which are always well attended, and have been made welcome and our points and opinions have been valued. It is truly a members' society.

Carole's avatar
Carole

Savings

Great service combined with an ethical approach

I opened a monthly saver with Ecology. It was easy to set up and run, an ok interest rate, and no requirement to open an new account each year. Any dealings with the society have been efficient and friendly. Great to know my money is being invested in ecological and ethical ways.

Sylvia 's avatar
Sylvia

Ethical, easy and friendly

I've invested with Ecology for years now, since they were (one of) the first genuinely ethical savings provider out there. Their products are easy to understand and use, their customer service is excellent and it's great to know my savings are safe while doing good work!

EthicalCu's avatar
EthicalCu

Ethical Savings

Good to have an ethical savings account. Also at a higher savings rate than most (less ethical) savings accounts. Great to take part in an ethical organisation

Robin Talbot's avatar
Robin Talbot

Opportunity

The Ecology B.S through their mortgage products gave me the opportunity to fulfil my dream of a self build using non mainstream products ie car tyres and strawbale. I would like to thank both the founders of the society and the always helpful staff.

Alison Cruickshank's avatar
Alison Cruickshank

Savings

I know my savings are being used ethically

I know my savings are being used ethically and giving me a good return. The company is always easy to talk to and transactions happen smoothly

Reviewed on 12th April 2021
Julian Batt's avatar
Julian Batt

Efficient Ethical Building Society

Ecology Building Society keeps me up to date abut their savings' products. I appreciate their snapshots of what properties they have loaned money for. I can always telephone their office and speak to a real person.

Reviewed on 11th April 2021
Hilary Coomnbes's avatar
Hilary Coomnbes

Savings

Amazing ethics and customer service all rolled in to one.

The Ecology Building Society is a safe and smart place to save your money. Not only do you know that your money is being invested in ethical ways but also that you are getting a competitive rate of return.

anderson.sarah247@gmail.com's avatar
anderson.sarah247@gmail.com

Savings

Great to know money is supporting worthwhile projects.

Using the 90-day notice account for funds from early inheritence, to be used for our children in the future. Reassuring to know that community projects can benefit from our savings. Ecology have kept me informed clearly of any developments over the past 12 months.

Sally Barber's avatar
Sally Barber

Ethical, professional, reliable

Ethics excellent, communication excellent, and tailored to what we need, eg my daughter can’t spend time on a screen so gets all her communications by post.

Mrs Guntrip's avatar
Mrs Guntrip

Savings

Good savings rates with excellent ethics

After spending quite a bit of time reviewing available ethical savings accounts, the Ecology Building Society regular saver account came out with one of the best rates whilst meeting all the ethical criteria i was concerned about. It also seemed a good longer term option as it wasn't just an introductory rate that would drop to near-zero after 12 months like certain competitor's offerings!

Richard Thomas's avatar