Newbury Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 1,021 reviews       Last review 23 hours ago
  Visit Newbury Building Society

Newbury Building Society pride themselves on their reputation. They provide excellent customer service, are involved with the local community, and have a firm commitment to giving its members long-term value. Smart Money People is the place for Newbury Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Newbury Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Newbury Building Society Products 1,021

Savings

Everything was simple and straightforward with friendly staff.

Nothing more to add really from my earlier comments, what I liked was the fact that the branch is local and being able to discuss things face to face as I initially made an enquiry but then was made aware of a product I wouldn’t have been aware of.

Phil mcgibbon's avatar
Phil mcgibbon

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Phil -thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it.

New Savings Account

Once I had decided to invest money with the Newbury Building Society it was a quick telephone call and the paperwork arrived within a few days. All very simple.

Paula Spurrier's avatar
Paula Spurrier

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us, we really appreciate it.

Straightforward mortgage redemption

Helpful staff gave us the information we needed and made it all very easy

Sue's avatar
Sue

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Sue, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it.

Efficient and Professional Service

From the start the process was clearly explained.... Read more

From the start the process was clearly explained.

The Covid safe working practice were explained when I was in branch and over the phone customer service enable a well explained setup of my new accounts. It was the confidently and expertly explained options available to me that were the reason I have opened two accounts and plan to transfer my ISA to Newbury in the next financial year.

I would highly recommend the team in the Didcot branch.

Ben 's avatar
Ben

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Ben, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and for your kind words. We will be sure to share your comments with our colleagues in the Didcot branch who will be so pleased to hear this. Many thanks we appreciate it.

Savings

Staff in Thatcham, were very helpful and obliging.

Opened New ISA, dealt with the best they can in the current climate.

Barbara's avatar
Barbara

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Barbara, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us, we really appreciate it. We will share your comments with our colleagues in Thatcham branch, who will be so pleased to hear them. Many thanks

Amazing as always!

Newbury were so efficient and prompt with our mortgage offer! It only took 2 days which was amazing.

Laura's avatar
Laura

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us. We really appreciate it

Online banking issues

I registered for online banking last week. Today for the first time I went online, I did make a mistake with my password and the account was locked. I contacted the savings team, and someone unlocked my account. I tried again, and the account was still locked. I tried calling again, and twice after holding on for 20 minutes my call was cut off. I then rung in my local branch - Basingstoke, who said they would email the accounts team to unlock my account. She said someone would contact me this afternoon, so we will have to see. First impressions of customer service not good!

Julie's avatar
Julie

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Julie, we are sorry to hear that you have been having these issues - thank you for letting us know - this is not the normal level of service experienced and we would like to apologise for the frustration this has caused. Please can you provide us with a contact email or number by emailing us at marketing @newbury.co.uk so that we can prevent any further issues.

NBS have managed my mortgages over 3 properties

NBS have managed my mortgages over 3 properties over the last 9 years or... Read more

NBS have managed my mortgages over 3 properties over the last 9 years or so.
They have been competitive, easy to deal with and efficient in every instance!
Along with this they have delivered on every action they had committed to me!
They also have covered a multiple of different mortgage products over this time and not at any point in time have I had reason to complain!
First class in every way and will continue to use for any mortgages I take out!
Thank you!

andrewdsmithy@gmail.com's avatar
andrewdsmithy@gmail.com

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Andrew, thank you so much for taking the time to complete feedback for us - and for your kind words, our team will be so pleased to read these. We really appreciate it.

Friendly, efficient service

The process for mortgage offe was done by a Financial Adviser, however I have had a few queries both over the phone and by e mail, all of which have been answered quickly and correctly.Highly reccommended.

JAF's avatar
JAF

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi JAF, thank you so much for taking the time to complete feedback for us, we really appreciate it.

Service

Very helpful. Explained products well

D Barnes's avatar
D Barnes

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us, we really appreciate it.

existing mortgage renewal

excellent in every aspect, always a pleasure to deal and always very professional, these tare the reasons i have remained loyal to Newbury as they have remained loyal to me, qualities hard to find these days

chris rice's avatar
chris rice

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Chris, thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback, we really appreciate your kind words.

Savings

Always polite, accurate and helpful

Happy to recommend as no problems any time I have been in to Wokingham branch.

Michelle Douglas 's avatar
Michelle Douglas

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Michell, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you taking time to leave it for us.

Feedback to remortgage

Very professional and helpful throughout the whole process

John White's avatar
John White

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI John, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.

Savings

Swift service and competitive interest rate

Everything went very smoothly however, I would have preferred to do it all online like most other Building Societies. I chose Newbury for the interest rate.

pruebaker@me.com's avatar
pruebaker@me.com

Lovely people.

The reason for four stars is because they are not linked into the Banking circle where Barclays recognises their sort code. Also sending money to them takes longer than normal. This resulted in my having to phone Newbury BS to see what had happened to the money I had transferred. I spoke to a charming lady called Stacey who allayed my fears. She was even kind enough to phone me the following day to assure me all was well. Great service.

J D Parker's avatar
J D Parker

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback. We will review your comments with our teams and ensure we share your comments with Stacey as well. Thanks again - we appreciate it.

Savings

Need to improve processes and communications.

Opened the account online without difficulty but then the problems started. The account appeared in my online profile but the confirmation of opening screen told me I would receive a secure message when I was able to pay money. I did not get such a message, and still do not have it over a week later. I had to ring the online team, then the local branch three times before I could be sure it was safe for me to pay money in. A letter confirming the account was open arrived in the post today, 11 days after opening the account. I was told that a high number of new account openings had delayed the process but this is the first time I have ever had such a delay and confusion on opening an online account, which should only take moments to confirm everything online. There is a need for process changes here. Very frustrating. But the reasonable account rates, and a local presence (with great staff), nevertheless merit a "7" rating overall.

Wokingham resident's avatar
Wokingham resident

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi, we are very sorry to hear that you experienced such frustrations and delays, this is not the normal experience we strive to provide. Please do email us at marketing @newbury.co.uk and as we would like to look into these problems. Many thanks

Opening savings account

Easy to open the Welcome to Newbury account by post. Shame it couldn't be done online.

Ann's avatar
Ann

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Ann, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we will pass your comments to the team regarding online opening of this account.

Senior savings

I was looking for a better return on a lump sum with easy access and the lady in Winchester High Street helped a great deal.

Diana Arnold's avatar
Diana Arnold

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Diana. thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us - we really appreciate it.

Great service on phone.

Was having trouble logging on with verification code but was sorted out in a couple of minutes with a very knowledgeable person on the phone. GREAT SERVICE

Grant's avatar
Grant

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Grant. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - we appreciate it.

Savings

Local office, friendly staff.

We were dealt with efficiently by the staff, I think the EMS Account should allow more than £2k per annum.

Reviewed on 15th January 2021
reaganfisher@talktalk.net's avatar
reaganfisher@talktalk.net

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi Reagan, thanks for providing feedback - we appreciate it. Your comments will be shared with our customer services team to review. Many thanks