Newbury Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 1,534 reviews       Last review 2 days ago
  Visit Newbury Building Society

Newbury Building Society pride themselves on their reputation. They provide excellent customer service, are involved with the local community, and have a firm commitment to giving its members long-term value. Smart Money People is the place for Newbury Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Newbury Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Newbury Building Society Products 1,534

Savings

friendly efficient and able.

immediate assistance and a friendly face from all staff. efficient opening account and answering all queries.

Reviewed on 25th January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us kind feedback, we appreciate it.

Savings

Did what I wanted quickly and easily.

Went in to change my account from an instant premium to an existing member account, this was done very easily and quickly.

Reviewed on 24th January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to complete the feedback - we appreciate it.

easy good service

easy good service not hard to follow

Reviewed on 22nd January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for the kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, we really do appreciate it.

Mortgages

Request for a further advance

A very professional, friendly and efficient service from initial phone call to drawing the additional funds. Before retirement I worked in banking and the Newbury service and professionalism far outstrips the large bank offerings.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - we really appreciate the kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, thank you.

Treated as real people

The Newbury didn't just consider the statistics (credit score - which was totally inaccurate) but listened to us and we were treated as real people.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for your kind words and taking the time to leave us feedback, we really do appreciate it.

Savings

Very polite and knowledgeable customer adviser

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we really appreciate it.

Savings

Opening an Instant Premium savings account.

I was easily able to open the account and I now have a passbook and all documentation in a few days. One issue is that the whole process , for some reason, could not be handled by your Hungerford Branch but had to be referred to Thatcham which seemed to be an unnecessary complication.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback – we appreciate it. Your transaction was transferred as the colleague undertaking it was being observed as a training and competence measure, ensuring for service levels are maintained. Your account was opened in and all paperwork was sent from Hungerford branch, only the appointment was conducted by phone from Thatcham for the observation to be undertaken, we hope that this was not too much of an inconvenience.

Savings

Great mask to mask service

My wife and I went in to switch accounts , straightforward and well explained

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us and for your kind words, we appreciate it.

Remortgage Ease

So, our current mortgage provider wouldn't remortgage us, after being with them for over 20 years... why? Well we had a profitable business in an annexe and good pensions, apparently. The Newbury accepted us, did thorough due diligence and were unfailingly polite and helpful throughout the whole process. I wish I'd been with Newbury before...

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - many thanks for leaving us kind feedback, we really do appreciate it.

opening Member's account

Thank you for phoning to remind me I was eligible to open a Memer's account. The process to do so online was very easy

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for the kind feedback and taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate it.

Personal Service

It’s makes a lovely change to receive a call explaining that you are now eligible to open an account with a higher interest rate! Handled swiftly and professionally. That’s super customer service. Thank you.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us such a kind review, we appreciate it.

Effortless

So easy I started to wonder if it was actually happening!

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave us a review, really appreciated.

Mortgages

Excellent professional, prompt friendly service

I applied for a further advance on our existing mortgage. I was very pleased with the professional prompt and friendly service from all the NBS staff I dealt with. Everything was explained in full, including the options in mortgage deals and they found the best one for my situation. I would highly recommend them.

Savings

A positive and friendly experience

Ken was the advisor I met to open my Welcome to Newbury account at the Basingstoke branch. He was very helpful and carefully took me through all the information I needed and also had a really nice friendly approach. I have had no problems since and have now got my pass book and am able to manage the account on line. Overall a positive experience.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi, thank you for taking time to complete feedback for us and for your kind words. We will be sure to share them with Ken who will be pleased to hear them! Many thanks

Very helpful

Thank you to Paula Wheeler at Hungerford. Updated my saving account and advised on opening a joint account with my husband

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we will be sure to share your comments with Paula, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Quick, efficient service

Opened additional account online. Simple process with account opened quickly.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

Friendly and helpful

Went to branch on Saturday and spoke with Daisy and arranged a telephone appointment for today (Monday). Very efficient sorted out all my requirements on my saving accounts. Thank you

Reviewed on 17th January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

So easy

After a very frustrating time trying to get what I wanted from other building societies, Newbury provided it exactly and it was all done and dusted within 20 mins. Would definitely recommend them over the others.

Reviewed on 17th January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for your kind words and for taking time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it.

Savings

Easy setup and super friendly environment!

Cassie helped me open a Welcome to Newbury savings account and was excellent. She explained everything very well and was incredibly friendly and chatty. Could not have asked for a better experience.

Reviewed on 16th January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it and will be sure to share your comments with Cassie, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Savings

Help with existing account.

The young man spent a lot of time helping us get what we wanted..As always very polite. It's nice not to be rushed..It's always a pleasure when we go to the building society as the staff are so. Helpful & pleasant.

Reviewed on 15th January 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback for us and for your kind words. We appreciate it