Newbury Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 1,362 reviews       Last review 1 hour ago
  Visit Newbury Building Society

Newbury Building Society pride themselves on their reputation. They provide excellent customer service, are involved with the local community, and have a firm commitment to giving its members long-term value. Smart Money People is the place for Newbury Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Newbury Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Newbury Building Society Products 1,362

Further advance, very helpfull

We have been with Newbury for many years, always very professional, willing to listen and always happy to help. No faults from me.

Money insafe hands

No waiting, a smile, a pleasant experience

Mortgages

Thank you for all ofmyour assistance is increasing our.mortgage. Great service.

Savings

Opening a joint savings account

The savings account was relatively easy to open, but despite both being existing customers, the process took a long time.

Savings

Helpful and comprehensive advice.

Very thorough and detailed explanations.

Easy and hassle free

Opening a new account online with the Newbury Building Society was easy and very straight forward. I always like dealing with the Newbury.

Savings

Willing to call me instead of having a long e-mail discussion

Kudos to the woman who had the sense to call me when others were sending e-mails that didn't actually answer the questions I was asking. A quick discussion, followed by a clear and sympathetic approach to fixing things was much appreciated. I'm just sorry I have forgotten her name - she did really well in taking the steam out of the situation.

New customer

I have been really pleased with the prompt and efficient service from the customer care team.

Mortgages

Without your uncomplicated professional help we would not been able to build our house. Our final payment was delayed past the end by date by a third party which did not create a drama. I do not fully understand why on this type of loan/mortgage why there is a critical end date as you are getting interest payed and there is always the option of selling the property if there is a default in payments. ( Not a criticism, just a question )

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021

Mortgages

Great communication and easy to proceed with.

Friendly and really efficient service. A breeze to get the right mortgage product.

Reviewed on 20th September 2021
John's avatar
John

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to provide feedback - we are so pleased to hear this and we appreciate it!

Excellent and efficient

Everything worked very well and was clear to understand. The only problem that arose was that my mortgage offer was lost in the post and never arrived . My solicitor helped me out by sending me a copy of her copy of my mortgage offer which I completed and used instead. I understand you sent the offer out to me second-class post but it still has not arrived. I would recommend actual offers are sent out first-class post which should arrive next day.

Reviewed on 20th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback - we are sorry to hear that your offer has not arrived, we will look into this and will share your comments with the team that deals with the process here. Thank you - pleased to hear that you were able to proceed. We will look at this going forward and appreciate you letting us know.

Very helpful staff

On opening a new account in the Thatcham Office the staff were very helpful, courteous and friendly and dealt with my new account in a very professional and efficient way. They are indeed a credit to the Newbury Building Society

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave feedback - our Thatcham team colleagues will be so thrilled to hear this.

New Mortgage

Our experience was very positive. The whole process was well organised and efficient and we would like particularly to acknowledge the help provided by Kayleigh and Charlotte.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback - Charlotte and Kayleigh will be so pleased to hear this.

Savings

Knowledgeable, professional yet friendly staff

I was asked what I wanted the account for and was advised accordingly which was prefect for my needs

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we appreciate it!

Remortgaging my flat

Been such an easy process to rearrange my mortgage and all on line through e-mails.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we appreciate it.

straightforward application

very good service & prompt responses

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback - thank you

Mortgages

Very helpful & friendly made everything easy to understand

Liked the continuity of speaking to the same person each time…always very helpful leading to a stress free experience.

Reviewed on 15th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it.

New Mortgage Application

Application straight forward, decision quick all handled by our mortgage consultant

Reviewed on 14th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking time to provide feedback for us - we appreciate it.

Great staff living with 20th century systems and processes

The staff at NBS are friendly and helpful and provide a peep into the 1980s with passbook printers and manual processes. We paid off our NBS mortgage with funds from our NBS savings account and the process was first agree a date I would come into the branch, they would then send me a letter with the final balance dated for that day which I would then bring into the branch with me. The teller then takes that NBS letter and my NBS passbook and writes out a cheque from my NBS savings account made payable to NBS. She then takes a photocopy of the letter and attaches it to the cheque and puts them in the internal post. A process that we wouldn't have given much thought to in 1981, but in 2021?. The overall business process completes satisfactorily and all the staff are helpful and friendly, but at the end of the day this entire process could be automated, and even conducted self-service.

Reviewed on 14th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide us with this feedback. Whilst we don’t have many customers repaying their mortgage in this way, we will certainly review what we do. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Gladys in the Basingstoke branch

Gladys was fantastic and helped my family and I make decisions for my savings. She was very friendly and made sure I was aware and comfortable with everything that was happening.

Reviewed on 13th September 2021

Reply from Newbury Building Society

HI - thank you for taking the time to leave feedback - we really appreciate it and Gladys will be so pleased to hear this.