Newbury Building Society Reviews

Ratings based on 2,413 reviews       Last review 1 day ago

Newbury Building Society pride themselves on their reputation. They provide excellent customer service, are involved with the local community, and have a firm commitment to giving its members long-term value. Smart Money People is the place for Newbury Building Society reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Newbury Building Society Products 2,413

Opening EMA

Polite, knowledgeable assistant who explained everything and opened our new accounts efficiently. She was extremely personable, a credit NBS.

Good Introduction to Newbury BS

Opened my first Newbry BS savings account. Very welcoming and positive approach by both the staff I dealt with. Everything clearly explained and in at an appropriate level of detail. The interest rates on offer were attractive when compared to bank saving Read more

Opened my first Newbry BS savings account. Very welcoming and positive approach by both the staff I dealt with. Everything clearly explained and in at an appropriate level of detail. The interest rates on offer were attractive when compared to bank savings account. I look forward to long and fruitful relationship with the Newbury.

Easy as pie

I wanted to open an Existing Members account. The process (via the website) was very straightforward and was completed in no time whatsover!!!

Savings

So happy with face to face help!

Very helpful and I’m so pleased with the service I’m going to open up another account. Can’t praise the Newbury Building Society enough. I think it’s very comforting to know , you can still speak to someone in person in these changing times. Very pleased Read more

Very pleased overall

New account

Easy to open accounts with counter staff - could do with better rates!!

New account

Always helpful and counter staff will deal with anything no need to make appointment and revisit

A company thats cared

From the initial mortgage with the Newbury through to house moves, product changes and interest rates changes they have always provided good service, products and advice. Not a faceless bank.

Savings

Straightforward opening of account by friendly staff member

Very helpful support from Tracey

Savings

Pleasant and easy experience opening a new account

Decided to move my account from Halifax as they are closing their branch in Wokingham. It was a pleasant experience with Ana and the account was opened after the various options were explained.

Mortgages

Efficient service. Good product offer and prompt professional service

We needed to re mortgage our home and Newbury Building Society offered a very suitable solution based on our quite complicated requirements. Very prompt and professional service

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a kind review, we really do appreciate it.

Polite friendly and professional

I had a good telephone conversation with one of your advisors, Vanessa. I felt she was friendly and polite but also very knowledgeable of your products. I felt she went the extra mile regarding my queries

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Vanessa, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Savings

Quick and easy to arrange

Called in to setup an existing member account. Holly was brilliant and took me through the processes quickly and efficiently.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Holly, who will be so pleased to hear them.

Mortgages Review

No problem, very easy to get sorted.

Reviewed on 21st June 2022

Savings

Such a simple process to complete

I popped into my branch in Abingdon to pay money into my Grandchildren’s accounts and enquired about opening up a savings account for myself. The process was simple and within less than thirty minutes my account was open. I would like to thank Catherine N Read more

I popped into my branch in Abingdon to pay money into my Grandchildren’s accounts and enquired about opening up a savings account for myself. The process was simple and within less than thirty minutes my account was open. I would like to thank Catherine Newitt for her support.

Reviewed on 20th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we really do appreciate it. We will be sure to share your comments with Catherine, who will be so pleased to hear them.

A very good experience

The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed on 19th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we do appreciate it.

Mortgages

Further advance to existing mortgage.

Excellent service. Very fast process to secure a further advance on our existing mortgage with great communications, thank you.

Reviewed on 19th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for your kind words and for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it!

Mortgages

Pleasant to deal with and very helpful

We wanted to raise some cash to gift to our son so he could move closer to us with his partner and our two grand-daughters. Newbury BS were recommended to us by his mortgage advisor and as we are nearing retirement Newbury seem to be either one of or the Read more

We wanted to raise some cash to gift to our son so he could move closer to us with his partner and our two grand-daughters. Newbury BS were recommended to us by his mortgage advisor and as we are nearing retirement Newbury seem to be either one of or the only lender that are prepared to do this. Yes an extraordinary amount of questions and information was required to satisfy the criteria, but it was done and dusted in a couple of months. At every stage of the process there were communications and updates. We would definitely recommend the Newbury. Go on, give them a try!

Reviewed on 18th June 2022

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking time to leave feedback - we really do appreciate it. And hope you are soon enjoying your family being closer to you!

Savings

Online functionality needs a lot of work

I opened an Existing Members Account and tried to transfer money from my Welcome to Newbury account online. The menu options to do so were not available to me, so I contacted NBS. After several interactions the menu options were enabled - but they shoul Read more

I opened an Existing Members Account and tried to transfer money from my Welcome to Newbury account online. The menu options to do so were not available to me, so I contacted NBS. After several interactions the menu options were enabled - but they should have been available from the start. But when I tried moving money I got an error - all due to an over-subscription 3 years ago where I deposited more money than was allowed, which was then returned to me. This was identified as a bug in the system.

All this gives me little confidence that NBS online functionality is robust and fit for purpose. The only reason I would continue to use NBS is that it is local, but compared to the likes of Marcus and Chase the set up is really amateurish.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback - we will ensure your comments and experience are reviewed by the customer service teams. We are working to improve on online service provision and the feedback you have provided is very useful to us to highlight where we can make improvements. Many thanks.

Really excellent service. Good advice. Very personable. Thank you

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback - we appreciate it.

Mortgages

They provide a personal and professional service.

Unlike many other large faceless banks/ building society's, they are professional and give a good personal service, and you can go into branch to talk to a real person and that person can resolve any inquiry. And they value loyalty with existing members o Read more

Unlike many other large faceless banks/ building society's, they are professional and give a good personal service, and you can go into branch to talk to a real person and that person can resolve any inquiry. And they value loyalty with existing members offers.

Reply from Newbury Building Society

Thank you for your kind words and for taking time to leave feedback - we do appreciate it.