Santander Saver Reviews

Santander savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Santander. How easy is it to contact Santander? And how friendly are they? Our Santander savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Santander Review Insight

Channels

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Your Saver Reviews

Review Santander's Saver now

Poor customer service

Keep will away from them cant sort problem out rude staff juile complaint team leader

Reviewed on 7th March 2020
Stu's avatar
Stu

It isn't bad but I could have performed better.

Santander is a good bank, all the services and approach towards customers are splendid.

Reviewed on 23rd April 2019
Khalid's avatar
Khalid

Everyday Saver

Great rate of 3% for a year. Ideal for putting away some money for a rainy day.

Reviewed on 23rd August 2018
Wayne Roberts's avatar
Wayne Roberts

Everyday Saver

Easy to set up. Easy to transfer a monthly amount for up to 12 months at a special rate.

Reviewed on 22nd April 2018
Wayne Roberts's avatar
Wayne Roberts

Easy

I’ve had a savings account with santander for many years. Always easy and and trouble free

Reviewed on 3rd February 2018
Hannah Alexander's avatar
Hannah Alexander

Incompetence

Changed name on Account to my deceased Father !!

Reviewed on 8th November 2017
Geoff Johnson's avatar
Geoff Johnson

Take your money and give customer nowt back in return!

Like most banks, gives only a miserly 0.01% on Savings account. Keen to push their 1-2-3 current account, which when I did the checker to see if it was worth my while, was told I would owe them every month, despite having 6 direct debits and paying for everything by card rather than cash. Long time customer with this bank, now time to leave - here I come the Nationwide Building Society

Reviewed on 8th November 2017
Roger's avatar
Roger

Easy to use, easy to save.

Very user friendly and easy to transfer to the account using online banking making it very easy to save those pennies.

Reviewed on 6th November 2017
Charlotte McAdam's avatar
Charlotte McAdam

Easy saving

Linked to current account for easy he and monitoring

Reviewed on 5th November 2017
Hailey 's avatar
Hailey

Never had a problem

I've been with Santander for a few years and never had any issues. Their app is really easy to use and I get a really good rate of cash back on my 123 account.

Reviewed on 27th July 2017
Ellen Dougan 's avatar
Ellen Dougan

Easy to access, staff are great to help, clear information and advice given.

Reviewed on 17th July 2017
Rachael Lines's avatar
Rachael Lines

A straight forward no problem savings account

An easy to set up, no credit rating needed saving's account. A cashpoint card is supplied, easy to set up direct debits & great customer service. The only downside is it takes longer for cheques to clear & no online service.

Reviewed on 12th February 2017
Alexander Beaven's avatar
Alexander Beaven

Conned out of cash by a 2nd layer buried terms and conditions

I payed p&p on a £89 face cream going as a trial at £4 Two weeks later £89 was out of my bank account Was not in the terms and conditions. so Santander reembursed me £89 and the company did likewise.Grand I made £89 and got the product for nothing

Reviewed on 4th February 2017

Pitiful interest rate

I received a letter today informing me that the interest rate that my daughter would receive on her savings account was reducing from 0.1% to 0.01%. Even with low base rates this is ridiculously low.

Reviewed on 24th December 2016
Sharon Lauder's avatar
Sharon Lauder

Easy to manage online

I bank with Santander, i wanted to have little savings pots, linked to my account. I had to open several individual savings accounts. I receive individual paperwork for each account. So when the interest rate changed i received 8 letters. Total waste of resources.
Why cant they link my savings accounts to my main current a count. I used to bank with I F, they were abel yo do this.

Reviewed on 6th September 2016
Elaine Burling's avatar
Elaine Burling

Fantastic

Whenever I have contacted Santander about anything, they have always been very good at dealing with any problems that I may have

Reviewed on 6th September 2016
Mark bradbury's avatar
Mark bradbury

The customer service makes the difference..

Although most savings accounts are much of a muchness these days, offering very low interest rates, I have stayed with Santander because of their above average customer... Read more

Although most savings accounts are much of a muchness these days, offering very low interest rates, I have stayed with Santander because of their above average customer service.

No query is too much trouble whether by e.mail, telephone or in branch.

I have always found them very helpful and quick to respond.

Been a customer for over 20 years.

Reviewed on 30th August 2016
Peter Cocker's avatar
Peter Cocker

Low rates but good online banking

The interest rates on the Santander aren't very exciting at the moment but I do like their online banking feature which allows you to set savings targets and split the account into virtual "pots" - I have a holiday pot, a christmas shopping pot and a rainy day pot :)

Reviewed on 9th August 2015
kandfsmam's avatar
kandfsmam

Unhappy Bunny!

With a new tax year on the horizon, I'm looking for options that mean my money can earn a half decent return. It's not Santander's fault, but the rates on offer at the banks are pretty bad!

Reviewed on 2nd April 2015