Bank of Ireland Reviews

Bank of Ireland reviews from our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about life as a Bank of Ireland customer. Read and write Bank of Ireland reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Bank of Ireland Review Insight

No faults

Our mortgage was a good product at a great rate. The service was 1st class, simple and very efficient. Would recommend.

Reviewed on 27th June 2020
Grib's avatar
Grib

Personal Loan

Eligibility tool was fantastic

Bank of Ireland personal loans were fantastic. Pre screened me then released funds the next day. Really simple.

Reviewed on 19th January 2020
Someboy's avatar
Someboy

Classic Credit Card

Been a customer since childhood

Use bank of Ireland for my everyday banking needs and have had no problems

Reviewed on 21st January 2019

Bank of Ireland Current Account is Tops

I have been a current account holder with the Bank of Ireland for over 20 years. Staff are exceptional in my branch, I have paid zero in bank charges over that period. Online banking service is superb.

Reviewed on 8th November 2018
Alan McLean's avatar
Alan McLean

Personal Loan

Highly recommended

I recently used the Bank of Ireland to take out a personal loan. The whole process was so simple and the staff were so efficient and actually did what they said they would do, for example phoned me back when they said they would. I would highly recommend Bank of Ireland to everyone.

Reviewed on 21st June 2018
MummyUnicorn 's avatar
MummyUnicorn

Car Insurance

Good staff and polite

The people are nice to deal with on the phone.

Reviewed on 21st November 2017
Mark's avatar
Mark

friendly staff good product

got a good mortgage deal,with the bank

Reviewed on 3rd May 2017
GRA6's avatar
GRA6

Easy and reliable

I changed to this bank about 4 years ago. My previous bank was an online bank. This new bank were wonderful from day 1. They are friendly and made the transition over, so easy. I manage online but I also go into the bank for deposits etc. The online facility is easy and if I phone them up, again easy, polite and friendly. Best decision yet.

Reviewed on 13th January 2017

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Take care of loyal customers

We first took out our mortgage with Bristol & West over 10 years ago. When they were taken over by Bank of Ireland I have to admit I was quite sceptical but they have been brilliant. We always fixed our mortgage and shop around to get the best deal when our deal comes to an end. Every time, through loyalty deals, we have stayed with Bank of Ireland as they have provided the best rate for us. Excellent customer service over the phone and quick to deal with enquiries.

Reviewed on 9th January 2017
Dawn Gould's avatar
Dawn Gould

Classic Credit Card

Thinking of moving

I'm not getting many benefits for loyalty so I'm contemplating changing to Santander or Debenhams

Reviewed on 7th December 2016
Roisin McGuckin's avatar
Roisin McGuckin

great

great customer service and set your card so you can use it overseas between dates of your choice

Reviewed on 15th November 2016

Personal Current Account

A truly excellent service, with friendly staff and low rates

Reviewed on 29th September 2016
Adam Flannery's avatar
Adam Flannery

Personal Current Account

Absolutely fatastic bank , very rarely have a problem, but if you ever phone with a problem, they are fantastic at dealing with it ASAP and answering your queries

Reviewed on 28th March 2016

Out of this world

when card fot stuck in a machine they couldnt do enoufh and had my new card delivered within 3-4 days

Reviewed on 26th February 2016

Simple & Effective

easy to approach staff with queries although its rare to have one with this type of account, easy to set up also

Reviewed on 14th February 2016

Personal Current Account

Probably the best account in Ireland...

BoI have long offered the best current account in the country but really, a little more focus on the app and friendlier staff would make them more competitive with the UK offering.

Reviewed on 10th October 2015
Graham's avatar
Graham

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Good deal on offer at the time

BoI gave me a good initial deal so was happy to take them up on it. Service / answering of questions is sometimes a little slow but overall quite happy with them.

Reviewed on 18th September 2015
Colm's avatar
Colm

Personal Current Account

Happy to bank with them, but they need to improve their in-house communication.

I have been banking with Bank of Ireland for 15 years. As well as my current and savings accounts I also have my mortgage and life assurance with them. In general I am a happy customer but I find that customer service is very inconsistent and that the rules change depending on the person I am dealing with. For example, sometimes it is simply that I am not allowed to add a reference name on a payment unless I pay online, when another time the clerk will allow it. Sometimes they will allow me withdraw money my from notice savings immediately and other times they won't. It can be very convenient when they do let me but really it demonstrates how erratically they apply their own rules.

Reviewed on 8th October 2014