NatWest Select Account Reviews

Ratings based on 185 reviews       Last review 4 weeks ago

NatWest Select Account reviews come from people like you! With so many different current accounts now available, you can read these honest NatWest Select Account reviews to find out what life as a NatWest customer is really like. And remember, if you are a NatWest customer, you can write a short review here to help other potential customers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site and dedicated to being an independent and honest source of NatWest Select Account reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

NatWest Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Select Account Reviews

Review NatWest's Select Account now

Natwest caught money laundering

I asked for a refund of £38.47 paid for a Christmas tree on the 7th of November l have never received my tree natwest accused me of fraud lve got nothing for my money disgusting bank

Reviewed on 21st December 2021
Annlowes24's avatar
Annlowes24

Excellent account

Great account to use day to day for bills. 0 fee and the mobile app keeps getting better and better.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Daniel 's avatar
Daniel

No problem too small

Whenever I ring with a query they would go above and beyond to help

Reviewed on 26th April 2021
Sarah KayewasHague's avatar
Sarah KayewasHague

Easy to use online banking and local bank staff are always friendly and helpful

I use online banking all the time, very easy. Any questions i can ask 24/7 and response is immediate

Reviewed on 22nd April 2021
Laura Donnelly's avatar
Laura Donnelly

Customer service isn't great

Not often pleased with customer service and online banking often has faults

Reviewed on 17th April 2021
Jodie's avatar
Jodie

Very ezzy to set up use

It just took me less than one week to open the account fully have the debit card and online banking and the app is very user friendly and the account works well with savings accounts and applying online thay set me up with the sort code of the nearest branch to my address which you don’t always get

Reviewed on 11th April 2021
Isaac Howard's avatar
Isaac Howard

NO DEPOSIT FUNCTION IN APP

Inaccessible and inflexible for disabled people

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Carolyn Mellor's avatar
Carolyn Mellor

Basic app and online banking

Feels a bit prehistoric like old building societies did, definitely could do with a refresh with the times. Not inspiring banking and not much going on in the savings dept either.

Reviewed on 11th March 2021
Italiano's avatar
Italiano

Fab bank who care about thier customers

My local branch Harrow have been under pressure with the lockdown rules. However they are always ready to help with a friendly smile.

Reviewed on 23rd February 2021
Jen's avatar
Jen

18 years with this bank

No thrills , but no need to leave

Reviewed on 14th February 2021
Danny's avatar
Danny

Unexplained Account Closure

This is my non 5 star review ever. After 40 years of very satisfactory in branch and on line service, I get this letter from the NatWest Accounts Closure Team that all my accounts with NatWest are being closed in 60 days. No explanation. ... Read more

I have only once ever gone overdrawn, got a good cash flow and £10,000 on account.
So I call up to find out if there is something I did wrong, see if I could rectify it, because I thought I have always been a good, satisfied client, contributing to the bank with a good cash flow, money on account and good word of mouth.
The polite answer on the phone is that the bank does not need to give any reason, she would put in an appeal. A few days later I get another letter from the Accounts Closure Team reconfirming closure.
So I find myself with the inconvenience of needing to transfer my accounts and payees to another bank and changing account details with all concerned making payments to me. Uugh.
I'm sorry, but after all my earlier praises, I find my faith broken and can no longer recommend this bank. Fortunately there is no shortage of other banks who welcomed me.

Reviewed on 9th February 2021
Ingo Metzner's avatar
Ingo Metzner

Closed my account without a reason, gave no notice.

Natwest blocks your money... Read more

Natwest blocks your money indefinitely

Absolutely disgusting and shocking! Closed my account in April for no reason! They gave me no notice, just a text message. They blocked my funds too! And did that in a time of crisis and left me with nothing! Natwest is saying that the account is under review and there is nothing I can do but wait!! When I try to ask for details they hang up. I tried providing source of funds, they do not even want to look at it. I am waiting since April for them to give me my money back! I made a complain, same answer i just need to wait! They do not specify a time limit. 3 months have passed and nothing happened. Please do not bank with them. You risk loosing all your money! Thousands of people are complaining about the same thing!
Check Facebook group:
NatWest CLOSED down my ACCOUNT

Reviewed on 22nd July 2020
Dan's avatar
Dan

They are just amazing, helpful and friendly staff

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Fatu Sarr's avatar
Fatu Sarr

Good banking with easy access

The only high-street bank that I was able to open an account online and it functions good as a bank. Much faster response in balance than HSBC but staff not as profenssional.

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Chou's avatar
Chou

Always going the extra mile for customers

NatWest are at the forefront of innovation and driving successful change for the good of their customers. Their app is user friendly and gives you access to far more than just checking your bank balance. Pending transactions are displayed clearly and an available balance to show what you actually have available to help you manage your money better. NatWest like to keep it simple to help provide a better service to their partners.

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
Kayleigh 's avatar
Kayleigh

Mmmmm

I was with NatWest for a long time I join them when I was 16 years old and I was with the bank for 10 years like any bank you have your up and downs I had a very good Credit score with the bank it was 9 out of 10 I got Credit card easy and loans and overdraft as well I had ppi when I lost my job due to injury I could not work they bank did not help me out and I got my self in to Debt and my Credit score got damage it took the bank 8 months before they helped me out they need to put the Customers first and not profits that’s why the bank all most want bankrupt

Reviewed on 25th January 2020
Jose Marcio Gois Martins's avatar
Jose Marcio Gois Martins

Superb

best bank to deal with,any problems solved right away. amazing banking app and feature.

Reviewed on 17th January 2020
Sujikala's avatar
Sujikala

Good bank but not added extras

The app is good and easy to use although contacting customer service can be a nightmare, as can if you have a problem. Also behind the curve in. the market with items such as available balance without overdraft... needs a refresh.

Reviewed on 16th January 2020
Jadeiie's avatar
Jadeiie

amazing app

it is really easy and user friendly to use

Reviewed on 15th January 2020
benoit laroche's avatar
benoit laroche

Always very helpful

Natwest are an amazing bank always helped me with anything i need. When ive had payment issues they've sorted it right away. An amazing bank with very helpful and understanding staff!!!

Reviewed on 12th January 2020