NS&I Reviews

Ratings based on 100 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

NS&I are guided by guided by the values that matter to customers: security, integrity, straightforwardness, delivered with a human touch, pace and confidence. Smart Money People is the place for NS&I reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Good

NS&I Products 100

Premium Bonds

Rude And Unhelpful Customer Services.

Having been locked out of my account after answering the online security questions CORRECTLY but it telling me they were incorrect, I rang to get a new password. I was again asked a security question which had nothing to do with my NS&I account or online Read more

Having been locked out of my account after answering the online security questions CORRECTLY but it telling me they were incorrect, I rang to get a new password. I was again asked a security question which had nothing to do with my NS&I account or online security questions. I was asked to tell them the name of a company I had a store card with in 2010 and was also asked what the credit limit on the store card had been at the time! Utterly ridiculous. I explained that it was impossible to know which store card they were referring to and asked how was I supposed to remember a credit limit from 13 years ago!! Because I didn’t know and was not given the option of answering any other security questions, I was told I now have to wait for a letter to apply for a new password. I then have to sign it and send the letter back before NS&I will allow me to create a new password for my online account! Sorry NS&I but what century are we living in? The person I spoke to was not interested in helping and spoke over me for most of the call. Very poor service in my opinion.

Reviewed on 10th June 2022
fluttergirl46's avatar
fluttergirl46

Premium Bonds

Should be investigated for fraud

DO NOT PUT YOUR MONEY WIYH THEM IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN. Shameful and criminal stay clear

Reviewed on 26th April 2022

Reviewed on 12th April 2022
Dave's avatar
Dave

Simple, Safe, Effective

Clear and simple product with great explanations as to the purpose and how Premium Bonds work. Left with no worry as to the safety of my money and a fun but risk free way to potentially win some more.

Reviewed on 31st March 2022
Andrew Smith's avatar
Andrew Smith

Definitely rigged!

I've had preium bonds since 1988 and never won anything until I reinvested in 2019, then won the smallest prize two months in a row. Since then, nothing again. There seems to be a direct correlation between people buying new bonds and winning. To make thi Read more

I've had preium bonds since 1988 and never won anything until I reinvested in 2019, then won the smallest prize two months in a row. Since then, nothing again. There seems to be a direct correlation between people buying new bonds and winning. To make things even more dodgy, they make it impossible to manage or withdraw your money. I've been trying for 3 years now, phoning every week but there's always a new problem, such as technical isue, account verification, paper forms I need to sign, more technical issues etc. Do not trust them, and while nobody is going to be able to prove they're corrupt, they absolutely are!

Reviewed on 14th March 2022
anon's avatar
anon

Very rude customer service

Phoned up NS&I was constantly talked over and phone manner was very rude and condescending. Truly awful experience.

Reviewed on 12th March 2022
michael bryant's avatar
michael bryant

Don't forget Probate

Overall probably as present times one of the best ways to get return on an investment , however after my Father passed last year I was offered the chance to keep the money in the prize draw for a year after his passing. One year later my Mothers in a hom Read more

One year later my Mothers in a home with dimetia and I'm now unable to get the funds returned until I jump through all the hoops relating to something not even the helpline can advise on called Probate !
We need these funds right now , NS&I have them and they are no longer in the prize draw , looks like I'm going to have to pay a solicitor money to get my Fathers money back , why was I not told this a year ago ??????
Luckily I managed to register my Mothers NS&I account online and close it , freeing up some funds to prepare her house for sale in order to pay for her new residence , Thanks NS&I for making a tough time of our life even worse.

Reviewed on 26th February 2022
IAN LLOYD's avatar
IAN LLOYD

Could not login after 4 password resets

Extra secutity. put 6 digit number into message from NS&I which arrives too late. you have 3 attempts ( using my latest password) Impossible situation. Closed account. very poor.

Reviewed on 12th February 2022
hans's avatar
hans

Income Bonds

Refuse access to funds and close account

Would be zero stars if possible. .... I tried to close my income bond and was told I would not be able to close the account or have access to my savings until their 'interest calculation' period had passed. This apparently lasts for 21 days of every month Read more

Would be zero stars if possible. .... I tried to close my income bond and was told I would not be able to close the account or have access to my savings until their 'interest calculation' period had passed. This apparently lasts for 21 days of every month. How is this even legal? ..... And my balance is too low to even get interest - how is that legal either? ....
Furthermore, despite lodging a request to close the account, NS&I refuse to act on it when the 'calculation period' is completed, and you just have to remember to request again. .... Utterly shambolic. Formal complain process has begun. I imagine I am en route to complaining to the Financial Ombudsman.

Reviewed on 2nd December 2021
Jen S's avatar
Jen S

Premium Bonds

Is has highest odd's out off long term saver accounts with post office.

But still really bad. The odds keep on changing around and investment amount dosen't. Is only 1% now which practically winning nothing even with the maximum amount.

Reviewed on 29th November 2021
Owen Salisbury's avatar
Owen Salisbury

Premium Bonds

So stingy not likely too win anything.

With maximum amount off savings the odds now so low even with the most invested in premium bonds not likely to win anything for at least 6 months or longer and take over full month to mature.

Reviewed on 3rd November 2021
Owen Salisbury's avatar
Owen Salisbury

Premium Bonds

run by little hitlers who force you to jump more hoops then banks and pitiful winnings

4 accounts worth thousands and only won 2x£25 in ten years. They are now becoming really difficult to deal with as they try to force you to keep jumping hoops the website is becoming a full time job. Good riddance the thing is clearly rigged anyway as the Read more

4 accounts worth thousands and only won 2x£25 in ten years. They are now becoming really difficult to deal with as they try to force you to keep jumping hoops the website is becoming a full time job. Good riddance the thing is clearly rigged anyway as there are few prizes for anyone we know.

Reviewed on 26th October 2021
Pete's avatar
Pete

Worth a go

It's a good gamble without loosing your stake

Reviewed on 8th October 2021
Tony Scott's avatar
Tony Scott

onto a winner

Once you mange to get to speak to someone you can usually get the information you were seeking.

Reviewed on 18th September 2021
tony's avatar
tony

Premium Bonds

Impossible to withdraw and to get access to your money

Tried to withdraw money from my account. The money has vanished from my premium bond account 8 days ago and still no sign of it on my current account. Nobody in the entire organisation knows what happened to the money and can do anything about it. Very wo Read more

Tried to withdraw money from my account. The money has vanished from my premium bond account 8 days ago and still no sign of it on my current account. Nobody in the entire organisation knows what happened to the money and can do anything about it. Very worrying to hear they do not have a clue what they are doing with people money, when you realise that almost a third of the British population has saving invested with them.

Reviewed on 24th August 2021
Brice Thurin's avatar
Brice Thurin

Not fit for purpose!

The online process is outdated and clunky. I am consistently asked security questions which I cannot answer because they don’t apply. Failure to answer always results in account being suspended. You are advised to call the helpline. Staff are rude, argume Read more

The online process is outdated and clunky. I am consistently asked security questions which I cannot answer because they don’t apply. Failure to answer always results in account being suspended. You are advised to call the helpline. Staff are rude, argumentative and unhelpful. Let’s not forget it’s MY money NS&I!!!

Reviewed on 18th August 2021
Susan's avatar
Susan

Out sourced customer services

Customer services not aware of the contents in standard letters sent to customers. Wanted to pass me to manager for clarification on details, on hold for 30 minutes. Advisor to me that another department would email me, I asked her to confirm my email a Read more

Advisor to me that another department would email me, I asked her to confirm my email address.....There wasn't on in the system.... so I would never have received an email :-)
All I wanted to do was invest money. I'll look elsewhere now not backed by HM Treasury.

Reviewed on 21st June 2021
Happy Havannah's avatar
Happy Havannah

Premium Bonds

A lifetime of safe investment

Simply ,secure and good chances to win

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Paul Marks's avatar
Paul Marks

Income Bonds

Scammers the wont let you cash in your money

Have a very old account with NSI wanted to cash it in. Sound their website frustrating and useless. They give you email; chat and phone options that they do not reply to. Emails ignored, to busy ALWAYS to chat, leave you for an hour on holding on phon Read more

Have a very old account with NSI wanted to cash it in.
Sound their website frustrating and useless.
They give you email; chat and phone options that they do not reply to.
Emails ignored, to busy ALWAYS to chat, leave you for an hour on holding on phone and as soon as you get through they cut you off.
Trying to get resolver to help now, but that will take months as they plane covid.
Been trying to get my money back since 12/1/21.
DO NOT GO NEAR THESE PROPLE. I WOULDN'T GIVE THEM ANY STARS.

Reviewed on 26th February 2021
Sam Kerr's avatar
Sam Kerr

Premium Bonds

When some winnings went missing, NS&I blanked me!

When some winnings went missing, NS&I blanked me! Ignored me completely, it was as though it was a cover up! DO NOT TRUST THIS investment IMO

Reviewed on 26th February 2021