NS&I Premium Bonds Reviews

Ratings based on 85 reviews       Last review 3 weeks ago

NS&I bond reviews are honest reviews written by people like you. While many people look at the interest rates on offer, what about the NS&I's customer service? Smart Money People is fast becoming the UK's leading source of independent NS&I bond reviews. We need your help! By writing your honest reviews, you can help increase trust and transparency in the financial world.

Good

Your Premium Bonds Reviews

Review NS&I's Premium Bonds now

Frustration is the only guarantee

After weeks of not being able to log in, several long calls (mostly in a queue) and nice but useless staff (because of the issues not the individuals) I have tried to pull my money out and you need another number that you need to login to obtain, see wher Read more

After weeks of not being able to log in, several long calls (mostly in a queue) and nice but useless staff (because of the issues not the individuals) I have tried to pull my money out and you need another number that you need to login to obtain, see where this is going? Im in the circle of doom. sack some bosses here its shambolic.

Reviewed on 10th November 2022
mark canning's avatar
mark canning

"customer services", which is a misnomer.

Rubbish, unable to get beyond a certain point, used to be easy to buy at the post office. Unable to get through on phone to so called helpline

Reviewed on 10th November 2022
Fred Peters's avatar
Fred Peters

Pain in arse

Made a whole new security authentication device lark and what a load of pish. If they’ve updated the old caveman ways and just had it easy normal security NS&I then it would be so much better. The people on chat couldn’t be arsed trying to help you online Read more

Made a whole new security authentication device lark and what a load of pish. If they’ve updated the old caveman ways and just had it easy normal security NS&I then it would be so much better. The people on chat couldn’t be arsed trying to help you online.
The rates are ok for a child’s saving but ever winning anything monthly is not frequent. All these half whits who's put in a lot of money in a very short time seem to win it big !!

Reviewed on 7th November 2022
Lucy Clark's avatar
Lucy Clark

No wins

The amount I have I should have at least won the min prize of £25 at least but in 7 months I’ve never won anything to even get the 2.2% I should at least get £50 a month for the next 5 draws especially when I can now get over 5% in the bank now.

Reviewed on 2nd November 2022
Lor 17's avatar
Lor 17

They have lost my mothers 50k

After applying and paying for 50k worth of premium bonds my mother is now being told NS and I have no record of her account despite cashing her cheque for 50k. It is impossible to get any answers from customer service and when she lodged a complaint she w Read more

After applying and paying for 50k worth of premium bonds my mother is now being told NS and I have no record of her account despite cashing her cheque for 50k. It is impossible to get any answers from customer service and when she lodged a complaint she was told someone would ring her back in 48hours. It is nearly a week later and she hasn’t received this call. Nobody seems to want to help. Surely this should be a simple problem to resolve by speaking to the accounts team? How can they loose 50k and why aren’t they doing their upmost to resolve this issue as a matter of urgency?

Reviewed on 26th September 2022
Jasmine 's avatar
Jasmine

Worst customer service

Took me 3 days to get through to them on the telephone..EMPLOY MORE PEOPLE...i am now closing my account with them

Reviewed on 20th September 2022
Simon Pitt's avatar
Simon Pitt

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

I WAS HAVING PROBLEMS BUT THE STAFF WAS VERY POLITE AND FRIENDLY AND SOUGHTED MY PROBLEM OUT THANKYOU SO MUCH I APPRECIATE IT

Reviewed on 30th July 2022
ANDREW WATERS's avatar
ANDREW WATERS

Rude And Unhelpful Customer Services.

Having been locked out of my account after answering the online security questions CORRECTLY but it telling me they were incorrect, I rang to get a new password. I was again asked a security question which had nothing to do with my NS&I account or online Read more

Having been locked out of my account after answering the online security questions CORRECTLY but it telling me they were incorrect, I rang to get a new password. I was again asked a security question which had nothing to do with my NS&I account or online security questions. I was asked to tell them the name of a company I had a store card with in 2010 and was also asked what the credit limit on the store card had been at the time! Utterly ridiculous. I explained that it was impossible to know which store card they were referring to and asked how was I supposed to remember a credit limit from 13 years ago!! Because I didn’t know and was not given the option of answering any other security questions, I was told I now have to wait for a letter to apply for a new password. I then have to sign it and send the letter back before NS&I will allow me to create a new password for my online account! Sorry NS&I but what century are we living in? The person I spoke to was not interested in helping and spoke over me for most of the call. Very poor service in my opinion.

Reviewed on 10th June 2022
fluttergirl46's avatar
fluttergirl46

Should be investigated for fraud

DO NOT PUT YOUR MONEY WIYH THEM IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN. Shameful and criminal stay clear

Reviewed on 26th April 2022

Reviewed on 12th April 2022
Dave's avatar
Dave

Simple, Safe, Effective

Clear and simple product with great explanations as to the purpose and how Premium Bonds work. Left with no worry as to the safety of my money and a fun but risk free way to potentially win some more.

Reviewed on 31st March 2022
Andrew Smith's avatar
Andrew Smith

Definitely rigged!

I've had preium bonds since 1988 and never won anything until I reinvested in 2019, then won the smallest prize two months in a row. Since then, nothing again. There seems to be a direct correlation between people buying new bonds and winning. To make thi Read more

I've had preium bonds since 1988 and never won anything until I reinvested in 2019, then won the smallest prize two months in a row. Since then, nothing again. There seems to be a direct correlation between people buying new bonds and winning. To make things even more dodgy, they make it impossible to manage or withdraw your money. I've been trying for 3 years now, phoning every week but there's always a new problem, such as technical isue, account verification, paper forms I need to sign, more technical issues etc. Do not trust them, and while nobody is going to be able to prove they're corrupt, they absolutely are!

Reviewed on 14th March 2022
anon's avatar
anon

Very rude customer service

Phoned up NS&I was constantly talked over and phone manner was very rude and condescending. Truly awful experience.

Reviewed on 12th March 2022
michael bryant's avatar
michael bryant

Don't forget Probate

Overall probably as present times one of the best ways to get return on an investment , however after my Father passed last year I was offered the chance to keep the money in the prize draw for a year after his passing. One year later my Mothers in a hom Read more

One year later my Mothers in a home with dimetia and I'm now unable to get the funds returned until I jump through all the hoops relating to something not even the helpline can advise on called Probate !
We need these funds right now , NS&I have them and they are no longer in the prize draw , looks like I'm going to have to pay a solicitor money to get my Fathers money back , why was I not told this a year ago ??????
Luckily I managed to register my Mothers NS&I account online and close it , freeing up some funds to prepare her house for sale in order to pay for her new residence , Thanks NS&I for making a tough time of our life even worse.

Reviewed on 26th February 2022
IAN LLOYD's avatar
IAN LLOYD

Could not login after 4 password resets

Extra secutity. put 6 digit number into message from NS&I which arrives too late. you have 3 attempts ( using my latest password) Impossible situation. Closed account. very poor.

Reviewed on 12th February 2022
hans's avatar
hans

Is has highest odd's out off long term saver accounts with post office.

But still really bad. The odds keep on changing around and investment amount dosen't. Is only 1% now which practically winning nothing even with the maximum amount.

Reviewed on 29th November 2021
Owen Salisbury's avatar
Owen Salisbury

So stingy not likely too win anything.

With maximum amount off savings the odds now so low even with the most invested in premium bonds not likely to win anything for at least 6 months or longer and take over full month to mature.

Reviewed on 3rd November 2021
Owen Salisbury's avatar
Owen Salisbury

run by little hitlers who force you to jump more hoops then banks and pitiful winnings

4 accounts worth thousands and only won 2x£25 in ten years. They are now becoming really difficult to deal with as they try to force you to keep jumping hoops the website is becoming a full time job. Good riddance the thing is clearly rigged anyway as the Read more

4 accounts worth thousands and only won 2x£25 in ten years. They are now becoming really difficult to deal with as they try to force you to keep jumping hoops the website is becoming a full time job. Good riddance the thing is clearly rigged anyway as there are few prizes for anyone we know.

Reviewed on 26th October 2021
Pete's avatar
Pete

Worth a go

It's a good gamble without loosing your stake

Reviewed on 8th October 2021
Tony Scott's avatar
Tony Scott

onto a winner

Once you mange to get to speak to someone you can usually get the information you were seeking.

Reviewed on 18th September 2021