NS&I Fixed Term Investments Reviews

NS&I investment reviews from our Smart Money People can help you to get the inside track on what having a portfolio with NS&I is really like. Oh, and if you have experience using NS&I investments, you can write a review too. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

NS&I Review Insight

Communication

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: Phone

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Fixed Term Investments Reviews

Review NS&I's Fixed Term Investments now

Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing!!

The worst customer service. A standing order went out of my account and came back from NS&I as there was a computer glitch. They sent me a letter to apologise and if I wanted to invest the money still I would not lose a month. The past two months I have invested the money to enter the following draw but they cannot do it. Even after speaking to a manager who assured me it would happen, it has not! No one takes ownership of the problem I keep on getting fobbed off. Whenever you ring nobody takes ownership even on the E-mails. They might as well not be in the office.

Reviewed on 15th September 2016
Adam 's avatar
Adam

poor online

poor online access...clunky and failures which then rely on snail mail

Reviewed on 14th April 2016
Nicholas Humby's avatar
Nicholas Humby

3 Year fixed-term Pensioners' Bonds

During January this year, the government offered pensioners the chance to buy fixed-terms bonds, offering competitive... Read more

During January this year, the government offered pensioners the chance to buy fixed-terms bonds, offering competitive rates.
My husband and I opted to invest in a 3 year joint account, offering a very competitive 4% interest rate. More than double the amount of interest than could be found anywhere else!

The account was quite easy to set up, we sent the application form through the post, along with cheque. There was also the option to sign up online, however due to the overwhelming response to this attractive offer, the website tended to crash making it almost impossible to carry out the transaction.

We like this account as the interest rate is still highly competitive, and will remain so for at least the fixed term of 3 years. However, when the account matures, it is difficult to know whether NS&I will have any more accounts offering competitive rates, or whether the funds will need to be transferred elsewhere. The account is also covered completely by the government if something goes wrong.

The only downside that I can see is that NS&I don't appear to be offering competitive rates on their other fixed rate bonds.

Reviewed on 24th December 2015