Aegon Reviews

Ratings based on 85 reviews       Last review 2 days ago

Smart Money People is the place for Aegon reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Good

Aegon Review Insight

Fair Trade Aegon

Aegon provide a very professional & in-depth service for their clients across many platforms. Found their customer service to be excellent

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021
Ken Wrigley's avatar
Ken Wrigley

Annuity

Good website & helpful customer service

Aegon customer service dealt with a query I had promptly and accurately and the my account function on their portal/website is very informative and user friendly.

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021
Joe Law's avatar
Joe Law

Informative

I have been part of Aegon community for some time and I always enjoy the surveys. I have learnt a lot about pensions and how they work. I would recommend anyone thinking of getting a pension to take a look on the Aegon website

Shirley Hickinbottom's avatar
Shirley Hickinbottom

Good to deal with

I have had a great experience with Aegon. I found their website easy to use and the information it provides easy to... Read more

I have had a great experience with Aegon. I found their website easy to use and the information it provides easy to understand.

I have called Aegon a couple of times and the staff have been polite, helped me resolved the issues and sent timely letters as promised.

When I transferd my three pension pots, the whole process was very smooth and without incident.

Phyllis Dewrance's avatar
Phyllis Dewrance

Professional and useful

It is wonderful that I have the opportunity to be part of this community because it gives me a lot of information that is both useful and interesting. I love spending time with Aegon because of the variety of elements, functions and activities that the website offers me. I look forward to fair treatment, a high level of professionalism and quality service in every aspect.

Elsan's avatar
Elsan

Aegon the best

It’s a good investment in Aegon and they know how to deal with there customers.

chackss's avatar
chackss

Also great support

I have been well looked after by Aegon and they have been very helpful when I was medically retired - highly recommend

Amanda Webster's avatar
Amanda Webster

Pension

Always easy to contact and regular updates

I have always Aegon easy to contact, I love the app - it is really efficient and I am kept up to date with my pension contributions and forecast.

Kate B's avatar
Kate B

Pension

Never use these guys seriously no customer service

I have been struggling to get access to my company pension which is trapped with them for the past month. You call no one picks up. You try chat and the operators cancel the chat the minute you mention you want to leave. You email and they don't reply.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2021
Ali bajwa's avatar
Ali bajwa

REALLY HAPPY BUT CONCERNED

Switched 1 pension to Aegon around 2012 and it has made a lot of money, my other pension I was advised to leave where it was, anyway that pension was also moved to Aegon around about 3yrs ago and is doing really... Read more

Switched 1 pension to Aegon around 2012 and it has made a lot of money, my other pension I was advised to leave where it was, anyway that pension was also moved to Aegon around about 3yrs ago and is doing really well.
My only concern is while looking at reviews and thinking if they devalue them on purpose when you try taking money out and also delay you taking it out which will then make you pay some tax on it if it does not reach you in the right tax year.

Reviewed on 11th August 2021
Tom Williams's avatar
Tom Williams

Pension

Excellent service, thorough and precise.

Around 12 mths ago, I requested my pension be crystallised to provide a lump sum and varying monthly drawdowns to suit my needs. The company handled everything perfectly and the request was set up in a matter of weeks. The web-interface is intuitive and allows switching in and out of multiple funds and setting the monthly cash income level. Everything you need to do can be done through the Interface.
One star removed as they were quite insistent I should have a financial advisor, but eventually they relented and allowed me to manage the account myself.
I suppose they are still a little nervous releasing large funds direct to the client?
Every transaction taken produces a set of related documents, so you can see with transparency any charges applicable. I also noticed the fund balance was not depleting as quickly as I expected, I put this down to the work of the fund manager realizing half decent returns!

Reviewed on 18th July 2021
Kensweb's avatar
Kensweb

Annuity

Shame there isn't a zero or minus stars option for Aegon

I have a GMP policy with Aegon - Aegon have withdrawn from this product and referred me to Legal & General - making the process as long and annoying as possible. It's costing me money - don't deal with Aegon

Reviewed on 4th May 2021
Matt Durcan's avatar
Matt Durcan

International Investment

Unhelpful lacking integrity

It has been 6 months and I am still no further forward,withdrawing my investment, they tell me that they will ring me back and they do not

Reviewed on 25th April 2021
Yinka sobo's avatar
Yinka sobo

Pension

Thank you for your feedback. We'll take it on board and strive to improve the service we provide.

The above comment they obviously haven't taken on board as my 2nd experience of a few years ago is as bad as the first time. Unfortunately, my company pension is with these people. Their behaviour goes against all trading standards and simple courtesy. You try and get your entitled pension paid out. I wish you good luck. I had the opposite experience with Standard Life. They were absolutely brilliant.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Alf's avatar
Alf

Shockingly, criminally bad.

I have been trying to take my pension for three months, and the dreaded beast that is Aegon have been unwilling to release the funds to my annuity provider. This should have been done by the third week in January, and as of today 5/3/2021, they still haven't released the funds. Due to the long delay, I have lost the annuity rate that the annuity provider quoted me and they have given up chasing Aegon. I have been trying to make Aegon release the funds, but they are virtually uncontactable...phone is never answered, just held listening to music and on the one occasion that the webchat wasn't busy, the person didn't have the know-how to answer my questions. Email asking them to release the funds was ignored. Statements they have sent me are wrong, GMP not mentioned, only mentioned as a means to block fund release 8 weeks into process. So I'm at my wits end, and to make it worse, the fund value had fallen precipitously in this time. This is beyond incompetent, it's criminal.

Reviewed on 5th March 2021
Rob C's avatar
Rob C

Shockingly, criminally bad.

Reviewed on 5th March 2021
Rob C's avatar
Rob C

Inept and uncaring

Invested for decades via my employer (no choice in this). Treated as part of a cash cow. Fund managers should be named and shamed.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2021
Peter R's avatar
Peter R

Absolutely Disheartened

Invested for my pension for almost 21 years - absolutely disheartened at this company’s lack of regard in good investment on behalf of customers.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2021
Peter R's avatar
Peter R

Clear information

Good service, easy to get information and keep up to date with pension.

Reviewed on 17th November 2020
Sophie Boyce's avatar
Sophie Boyce

Annuity

Excellent service. Regularly keep me up to date on pension and pension options. Just transferred my pension to an annuity and they effected the transfer seamlessly.

Reviewed on 17th November 2020