Capital One Reviews

Ratings based on 188 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Our customers are the reason the business exists and we always want to make sure we're doing everything we can to bring them credit card products that really work for them. Smart Money People is the place for Capital One reviews.

Capital One Review Insight

Channels

Capital One Products 188

Classic Credit Card

Excellent service from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Jason Roberts 's avatar
Jason Roberts

Classic Credit Card

A simple but functional no frills credit card

A basic credit card - does what says on the tin. No frills and with a modest app and website support - a lot of services are requiring still a phone call to them.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
gingerprimate@icloud.com's avatar
gingerprimate@icloud.com

Classic Credit Card

Easy to use and great service

Not as good as zopa are at helpful information to help with other products , such as loans and card problems.

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Mark Hunt's avatar
Mark Hunt

Credit card

Efficient company and good fraud detection

Reviewed on 26th February 2021
David's avatar
David

Credit card

Applied several times for this card and every time got accepted ,emails etc to tell me card is on its way but never arrives do not use this company as they rip you off.what do you expect out a American company bad bad bad

Reviewed on 15th December 2020
Bob's avatar
Bob

No Security checks

It's absolutely appalling that a credit card application could be verified with no photo ID... Read more

It's absolutely appalling that a credit card application could be verified with no photo ID required.
My wife's identity was used by fraudsters to open a credit card and when we found out, we requested for a photo ID of who did open it, but it turns out Capital One security checks is no different from "beach sand tower". Now we're left to foot the outstanding bills. Absolutely shocking company.
If opening an account can be so easy and anyone can do so with a different identity, I shudder to think of the lies you tell your genuine customers about the security promised to them.
Shocking, inept, vile, disgusting and unethical company.

Reviewed on 18th November 2020
Emmanuel 's avatar
Emmanuel

Terrible

The credentials of 'meet the team' at capital one are most impressive, what a pity they can't put their education into practise. You cannot even report a lost or stolen card outside of opening hours! Impossible to get in touch with anyone working for CO. How can a company exist with such appalling and virtually non existent customer service. All the Ox-bridge graduates running the show evidently can't apply themselves.

Reviewed on 29th October 2020

Classic Credit Card

helpful and friendly put me at ease

Reviewed on 13th August 2020
Sandra Meiklejohn's avatar
Sandra Meiklejohn

Security matters to them

Have always felt safe owning one of these cards as they are very quick to ring and message me if they suspect the card has been compromised in any way.

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
Mike Mann's avatar
Mike Mann

Classic Credit Card

Excellent credit card for poor credit

Absolutely brilliant service,no problem with payment set ups Absolutely excellent could not fault

Reviewed on 8th July 2020
karen's avatar
karen

Put customer first

They always put customers first, superb support and options available.

Reviewed on 19th June 2020
Sam Birkinshaw's avatar
Sam Birkinshaw

Classic Credit Card

Obtained a credit card from capital one as my first credit card. Got accepted straight away with a decent limit of £750. Have paid no interest at all over the year or two I’ve had the card, very easy to make payments either full balance, min amount or other amount at any time. Good clear statements and functional app. Great customer service when I lost my card too.

Reviewed on 12th May 2020
ChloJ's avatar
ChloJ

Classic Credit Card

does what I need, easy to use

I've had my capital one credit card for a few years now and I've been pretty happy with it. It's easy to use and I've had the limit upped a few times which is handy. It's easy enough to use the online account and the mobile app. You get email reminders days before you need to pay back monthly which is super useful.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
strawbubbi's avatar
strawbubbi

easy app and service

Great to keep on top of transactions and bills with app or web. Web has security features. Contactless card payments are useful avoiding need for PIN most times. Statements are clear and bills easy to pay via app.

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
Lucky Nigel Cat's avatar
Lucky Nigel Cat

Building credit history card-brilliant

Capital one helped me built a credit history. If you pay full balance-you do not pay a penny extra! Fantastic

Reviewed on 31st January 2020
Bialy's avatar
Bialy

Absolutely Useless

Capitalone are absolutely useless, don’t use I’ve been a customer of theirs 5 years now closing my account incompetent

Reviewed on 2nd January 2020
Andy Randle's avatar
Andy Randle

Decent, No Frills, Does What It Says

I manage my account online. Secure, easy, clear information, great customer service

Reviewed on 21st June 2019
Jonathan Jason's avatar
Jonathan Jason

Classic Credit Card

Really helped to rebuild my credit

Excelent customer service, really helped rebuild my credit .

Reviewed on 9th June 2019
Jo Raynor's avatar
Jo Raynor

Perfect bank

Easy to use online banking, had good experience wit people who working there

Reviewed on 5th June 2019
Kristina 's avatar
Kristina

Classic Credit Card

Good choice for someone with no credit history

I got this card to help build up my credit history. Offered no interest on purchases for first 4 months. No complaints.

Reviewed on 5th June 2019