Capital One Classic Credit Card Reviews

Capital One Classic Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Classic Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Capital One customers like? Find out more about the Capital One Classic Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Capital One Classic Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Capital One Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Classic Credit Card Reviews

Review Capital One's Classic Credit Card now

Terrie company practices

They do not care one bit about you as an individual, they only care about their relationship with other business and corporations. You will get screwed over whenever their interests don't match yours, even if it means them breaking the law. Is my experience anyway, its so little money that its not worth my time thankfully, but the red flag is there and I'm out before it happens again.

Reviewed on 16th November 2021
C B's avatar
C B

Capital one doesnt care about their customers

Capital one is very sneaky and sly be warned, I have recently closed multiple credit accounts and all providers have allowed me to close my accounts and continue to make regular payments till it was paid off with capital if you wish to close your account they will only allow to 2 weeks to pay all of the account balance unlike other providers, when trying to explain my finical situation and tried to explain the card was causing me more finical issues the adviser told me that it was tough luck and that’s how capital works! There is no support and care if you are in finical difficulties they don’t care about their customers avoid this provider as much as possible as well as their other “sister” providers that are owned and operated by capital!

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
Orion Blake's avatar
Orion Blake

Told me they can't do a chargeback because I refused delivery of the goods. Literally no law ever states that is the case, they'll just lie through their teeth so they don't have to do anything.

Reviewed on 18th October 2021
C B's avatar
C B

Excellent if you have a poor credit rating

I highly doubted that I would be offered a credit card but they were able to offer me one with a low credit limit, which I find really good for improving my credit score.

Reviewed on 5th September 2021
Craig Hopkins's avatar
Craig Hopkins

A Gift CapOne - Big Thanks

So right there when I needed it. Thank you for increasing my credit limit and having you for 3 years now is quite good.

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
Aurelio Reyes's avatar
Aurelio Reyes

it helped me with dealing with those emergency payment.

The card is value for money and it enables customers to be able to prioritize their bills whilst given them the time and opportunity to save.

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
Ahmed Saliu 's avatar
Ahmed Saliu

Left in total despair

This is NOT the credit card company to use if you suffer with any mental health issues. Please do not take out credit with this company if there is any chance at all you may have payment difficulties in the future. I tried over and over again to speak to the customer service team and the complaints manager about my situation. I provided them with medical evidence from my GP and was told flatly there is nothing they can do to help me negotiate a settlement on the account. They have had me in floods of tears on the phone as I struggle to manage… the response “computer says no”. In this day and age of financial struggles and increasing mental health problems this company does not want to know. They have left me feeling in total despair.

Reviewed on 8th July 2021
Julie Coles's avatar
Julie Coles

Generally good.

Easy to use app, online access not as easy, paper statements at no cost.

Reviewed on 29th June 2021
Dominic mcdonagh 's avatar
Dominic mcdonagh

Good customer service

Good customer service and easy to use app.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Cammy Fairbairn's avatar
Cammy Fairbairn

Excellent service from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Jason Roberts 's avatar
Jason Roberts

A simple but functional no frills credit card

A basic credit card - does what says on the tin. No frills and with a modest app and website support - a lot of services are requiring still a phone call to them.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
gingerprimate@icloud.com's avatar
gingerprimate@icloud.com

Easy to use and great service

Not as good as zopa are at helpful information to help with other products , such as loans and card problems.

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Mark Hunt's avatar
Mark Hunt

Helps Build Credit History

I really wanted to get a credit card to start building my credit history, but seemingly no providers would be willing to provide a card. I was approved for the CapitalOne classic card with very little credit history, and have been able to build it as a result. In addition, their communications, service and app are all fantastic. They are the only financial provider I've used that I've so far not had an issue with. All that could be improved is an option to get a Cashback credit card with them, as this is my ultimate goal, and soft searches don't suggest I'm any more likely to be approved for mainstream cashback cards.

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
Spoon's avatar
Spoon

No major problems.

I particularly like the APP, it is easy to use.

Reviewed on 27th February 2021
Dominic mcdonagh 's avatar
Dominic mcdonagh

Credit card

Efficient company and good fraud detection

Reviewed on 26th February 2021
David's avatar
David

Credit card

Applied several times for this card and every time got accepted ,emails etc to tell me card is on its way but never arrives do not use this company as they rip you off.what do you expect out a American company bad bad bad

Reviewed on 15th December 2020
Bob's avatar
Bob

No Security checks

It's absolutely appalling that a credit card application could be verified with no photo ID... Read more

It's absolutely appalling that a credit card application could be verified with no photo ID required.
My wife's identity was used by fraudsters to open a credit card and when we found out, we requested for a photo ID of who did open it, but it turns out Capital One security checks is no different from "beach sand tower". Now we're left to foot the outstanding bills. Absolutely shocking company.
If opening an account can be so easy and anyone can do so with a different identity, I shudder to think of the lies you tell your genuine customers about the security promised to them.
Shocking, inept, vile, disgusting and unethical company.

Reviewed on 18th November 2020
Emmanuel 's avatar
Emmanuel

Terrible

The credentials of 'meet the team' at capital one are most impressive, what a pity they can't put their education into practise. You cannot even report a lost or stolen card outside of opening hours! Impossible to get in touch with anyone working for CO. How can a company exist with such appalling and virtually non existent customer service. All the Ox-bridge graduates running the show evidently can't apply themselves.

Reviewed on 29th October 2020

helpful and friendly put me at ease

Reviewed on 13th August 2020
Sandra Meiklejohn's avatar
Sandra Meiklejohn

Security matters to them

Have always felt safe owning one of these cards as they are very quick to ring and message me if they suspect the card has been compromised in any way.

Reviewed on 11th July 2020