Capital One Classic Credit Card Reviews

Capital One Classic Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Classic Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Capital One customers like? Find out more about the Capital One Classic Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Capital One Classic Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Classic Credit Card Reviews

Review Capital One's Classic Credit Card now

Great experience so far

I've had a great experience so far with Capital One. The communication by post has been very clear, particularly for activating my card and setting up the app. The app is easy to use.

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
violetphillippo 's avatar
violetphillippo

Compare to zopa credit card capital one is far better then zopa more credit Limit without doing a hard credit search so please don't apply for ZOPa credit please

ZOPA credit card is worst

Reviewed on 29th March 2022
Nandita Rajput's avatar
Nandita Rajput

Good

company with history and good knowledge

Reviewed on 24th March 2022

Disgusting

Awful complaints service. Misold a product then tried to cover it up

Reviewed on 21st March 2022
Iain BT's avatar
Iain BT

Brilliant

Smart simple and understandable services great simple app and customer service appreciated and they review credit limits often good approval simple applications and eligibility check

Reviewed on 20th February 2022
Dbizzle87 ward's avatar
Dbizzle87 ward

Amazing!

Easy app to use , website without errors, customer service friendly, notification of all transactions instantly and remaining balance and the most important thing this card improve credit score !

Reviewed on 10th February 2022
Sebastian's avatar
Sebastian

Stuck by me and trusted me

When I was told i had early onset Parkinson's disease I was gutted, It was horrible and the disease just kept getting worse. The medication helps, but with side effects that makes a senible adult make crazy choices - I started gambling, one part of my bra Read more

When I was told i had early onset Parkinson's disease I was gutted, It was horrible and the disease just kept getting worse. The medication helps, but with side effects that makes a senible adult make crazy choices - I started gambling, one part of my brain saying stop the other not letting me stop. I had the choice to stem the Parkinsons but blow my money or suffer the effects of Parkinsons. I stil live with these life changing choices. But Captial One have shown understanding and trust and have never questioned my honesty regarding the strange effects of Parkinson's medication side effects.

Andrea Hickling's avatar
Andrea Hickling

Perfect

Very accurate and helps you a lot in building your credit score

Valentin's avatar
Valentin

Credit Use

All good. Credit received and payments made monthly to manage and balance my income and expenses.

Alan Boocock's avatar
Alan Boocock

High interest

High interest on low amounts of credit

Reviewed on 26th January 2022
Claire Barriball's avatar
Claire Barriball

Slow but always helpful

The app is shocking, takes 3/5 days for payments to get processed and the app is outdated compared to every other finance app. Very old fashioned online.

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
Thomas Whetnall's avatar
Thomas Whetnall

Top company

Easy to use card with great benefits.Low interest and running costs. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
John Volney's avatar
John Volney

Terrie company practices

They do not care one bit about you as an individual, they only care about their relationship with other business and corporations. You will get screwed over whenever their interests don't match yours, even if it means them breaking the law. Is my experien Read more

They do not care one bit about you as an individual, they only care about their relationship with other business and corporations. You will get screwed over whenever their interests don't match yours, even if it means them breaking the law. Is my experience anyway, its so little money that its not worth my time thankfully, but the red flag is there and I'm out before it happens again.

Reviewed on 16th November 2021
C B's avatar
C B

Capital one doesnt care about their customers

Capital one is very sneaky and sly be warned, I have recently closed multiple credit accounts and all providers have allowed me to close my accounts and continue to make regular payments till it was paid off with capital if you wish to close your account Read more

Capital one is very sneaky and sly be warned, I have recently closed multiple credit accounts and all providers have allowed me to close my accounts and continue to make regular payments till it was paid off with capital if you wish to close your account they will only allow to 2 weeks to pay all of the account balance unlike other providers, when trying to explain my finical situation and tried to explain the card was causing me more finical issues the adviser told me that it was tough luck and that’s how capital works! There is no support and care if you are in finical difficulties they don’t care about their customers avoid this provider as much as possible as well as their other “sister” providers that are owned and operated by capital!

Reviewed on 15th November 2021
Orion Blake's avatar
Orion Blake

Told me they can't do a chargeback because I refused delivery of the goods. Literally no law ever states that is the case, they'll just lie through their teeth so they don't have to do anything.

Reviewed on 18th October 2021
C B's avatar
C B

Excellent if you have a poor credit rating

I highly doubted that I would be offered a credit card but they were able to offer me one with a low credit limit, which I find really good for improving my credit score.

Reviewed on 5th September 2021
Craig Hopkins's avatar
Craig Hopkins

A Gift CapOne - Big Thanks

So right there when I needed it. Thank you for increasing my credit limit and having you for 3 years now is quite good.

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
Aurelio Reyes's avatar
Aurelio Reyes

it helped me with dealing with those emergency payment.

The card is value for money and it enables customers to be able to prioritize their bills whilst given them the time and opportunity to save.

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
Ahmed Saliu 's avatar
Ahmed Saliu

Left in total despair

This is NOT the credit card company to use if you suffer with any mental health issues. Please do not take out credit with this company if there is any chance at all you may have payment difficulties in the future. I tried over and over again to speak to Read more

This is NOT the credit card company to use if you suffer with any mental health issues. Please do not take out credit with this company if there is any chance at all you may have payment difficulties in the future. I tried over and over again to speak to the customer service team and the complaints manager about my situation. I provided them with medical evidence from my GP and was told flatly there is nothing they can do to help me negotiate a settlement on the account. They have had me in floods of tears on the phone as I struggle to manage… the response “computer says no”. In this day and age of financial struggles and increasing mental health problems this company does not want to know. They have left me feeling in total despair.

Reviewed on 8th July 2021
Julie Coles's avatar
Julie Coles

Generally good.

Easy to use app, online access not as easy, paper statements at no cost.

Reviewed on 29th June 2021