Capital One Classic Credit Card Reviews

Ratings based on 183 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Capital One Classic Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Classic Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Capital One customers like? Find out more about the Capital One Classic Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Capital One Classic Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Capital One Review Insight

Your Classic Credit Card Reviews

Review Capital One's Classic Credit Card now

Left in total despair

This is NOT the credit card company to use if you suffer with any mental health issues. Please do not take out credit with this company if there is any chance at all you may have payment difficulties in the future. I tried over and over again to speak to the customer service team and the complaints manager about my situation. I provided them with medical evidence from my GP and was told flatly there is nothing they can do to help me negotiate a settlement on the account. They have had me in floods of tears on the phone as I struggle to manage… the response “computer says no”. In this day and age of financial struggles and increasing mental health problems this company does not want to know. They have left me feeling in total despair.

Reviewed on 8th July 2021
Julie Coles's avatar
Julie Coles

Excellent service from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Jason Roberts 's avatar
Jason Roberts

A simple but functional no frills credit card

A basic credit card - does what says on the tin. No frills and with a modest app and website support - a lot of services are requiring still a phone call to them.

Reviewed on 26th March 2021
gingerprimate@icloud.com's avatar
gingerprimate@icloud.com

Easy to use and great service

Not as good as zopa are at helpful information to help with other products , such as loans and card problems.

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Mark Hunt's avatar
Mark Hunt

Helps Build Credit History

I really wanted to get a credit card to start building my credit history, but seemingly no providers would be willing to provide a card. I was approved for the CapitalOne classic card with very little credit history, and have been able to build it as a result. In addition, their communications, service and app are all fantastic. They are the only financial provider I've used that I've so far not had an issue with. All that could be improved is an option to get a Cashback credit card with them, as this is my ultimate goal, and soft searches don't suggest I'm any more likely to be approved for mainstream cashback cards.

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
Spoon's avatar
Spoon

No major problems.

I particularly like the APP, it is easy to use.

Reviewed on 27th February 2021
Dominic mcdonagh 's avatar
Dominic mcdonagh

Credit card

Efficient company and good fraud detection

Reviewed on 26th February 2021
David's avatar
David

Credit card

Applied several times for this card and every time got accepted ,emails etc to tell me card is on its way but never arrives do not use this company as they rip you off.what do you expect out a American company bad bad bad

Reviewed on 15th December 2020
Bob's avatar
Bob

No Security checks

It's absolutely appalling that a credit card application could be verified with no photo ID... Read more

It's absolutely appalling that a credit card application could be verified with no photo ID required.
My wife's identity was used by fraudsters to open a credit card and when we found out, we requested for a photo ID of who did open it, but it turns out Capital One security checks is no different from "beach sand tower". Now we're left to foot the outstanding bills. Absolutely shocking company.
If opening an account can be so easy and anyone can do so with a different identity, I shudder to think of the lies you tell your genuine customers about the security promised to them.
Shocking, inept, vile, disgusting and unethical company.

Reviewed on 18th November 2020
Emmanuel 's avatar
Emmanuel

Terrible

The credentials of 'meet the team' at capital one are most impressive, what a pity they can't put their education into practise. You cannot even report a lost or stolen card outside of opening hours! Impossible to get in touch with anyone working for CO. How can a company exist with such appalling and virtually non existent customer service. All the Ox-bridge graduates running the show evidently can't apply themselves.

Reviewed on 29th October 2020

helpful and friendly put me at ease

Reviewed on 13th August 2020
Sandra Meiklejohn's avatar
Sandra Meiklejohn

Security matters to them

Have always felt safe owning one of these cards as they are very quick to ring and message me if they suspect the card has been compromised in any way.

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
Mike Mann's avatar
Mike Mann

Excellent credit card for poor credit

Absolutely brilliant service,no problem with payment set ups Absolutely excellent could not fault

Reviewed on 8th July 2020
karen's avatar
karen

Put customer first

They always put customers first, superb support and options available.

Reviewed on 19th June 2020
Sam Birkinshaw's avatar
Sam Birkinshaw

Obtained a credit card from capital one as my first credit card. Got accepted straight away with a decent limit of £750. Have paid no interest at all over the year or two I’ve had the card, very easy to make payments either full balance, min amount or other amount at any time. Good clear statements and functional app. Great customer service when I lost my card too.

Reviewed on 12th May 2020
ChloJ's avatar
ChloJ

does what I need, easy to use

I've had my capital one credit card for a few years now and I've been pretty happy with it. It's easy to use and I've had the limit upped a few times which is handy. It's easy enough to use the online account and the mobile app. You get email reminders days before you need to pay back monthly which is super useful.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
strawbubbi's avatar
strawbubbi

easy app and service

Great to keep on top of transactions and bills with app or web. Web has security features. Contactless card payments are useful avoiding need for PIN most times. Statements are clear and bills easy to pay via app.

Reviewed on 27th April 2020
Lucky Nigel Cat's avatar
Lucky Nigel Cat

Building credit history card-brilliant

Capital one helped me built a credit history. If you pay full balance-you do not pay a penny extra! Fantastic

Reviewed on 31st January 2020
Bialy's avatar
Bialy

Absolutely Useless

Capitalone are absolutely useless, don’t use I’ve been a customer of theirs 5 years now closing my account incompetent

Reviewed on 2nd January 2020
Andy Randle's avatar
Andy Randle

Decent, No Frills, Does What It Says

I manage my account online. Secure, easy, clear information, great customer service

Reviewed on 21st June 2019