LV - Liverpool Victoria Reviews

Ratings based on 306 reviews       Last review 10 months ago

LV (Liverpool Victoria) reviews can help you to find out more about this leading UK based insurance company. Smart Money People is the place for LV reviews. Read and write reviews today, and together we can help increase trust and transparency in financial services.

LV - Liverpool Victoria Review Insight

Incentives

Insurance Choice Awards logo Winner of 'Best Big Insurance Company' in the 2017 Insurance Choice Awards

An absolute godsend

During a pretty vicious storm here in the Highlands we lost part of our roof during the night. It was only in the morning when I left the house that I found the whole roof ridge with one end hanging from the roof and the other in the front garden surrounded by various slates and other stuff. We live quite close to the main road and I was worried that due to the ongoing high winds we were going to lose the rest of the roof and possibly injure a passer by or driver. I needn't have worried.!

I knew that LV were my insurers but couldn't find my policy documents or any details but when I spoke to them, they found all my info in seconds.! They asked if I had a roofer I wanted to use or would they get on for me. I decided to use a local chap and all I had to do was give him a ring. He came out and looked at the job, sent photos by email to LV and they phoned him 5 mins later to tell him to carry on with the job. I was absolutely gobsmacked..!
They also phoned me a day or two later just to check if we had suffered any water damage to our belongings stored in the loft. I just don't think you can beat that for service.

We hear so many horror stories about how difficult insurance companies can be but LV were wonderful. They were calm, re-assuring and got the job done without drama or panic over the cost.

I just wouldn't go anywhere else.

Reviewed on 13th August 2016
Martha Chisholm's avatar
Martha Chisholm
Editors Choice

Terrible Communication

I initially went with LV because it had good reviews and a reasonable quote. Unfortunately I had water leak, the first call I had was really good and positive. I was put in contact with a Company LV use to carry out repairs. They came around and did a detailed inspection and could not pin point the exact problem. Now that was on around 15 October 2020, They took sample out of my wall and left. Fast foreword until 19 Nov 2020, I have tried and tried to get them to let know what was happening, assured a phone call back nothing. I managed to get hold of someone who was helpful and he explained there was a letter in the post. I got him to Email me the letter and to my astonishment I have basically be accused of fraud. I had a leak nearly 3 years ago and now they want me to produce receipts and quotes for the work that was carried out. I wrote back explaining that I have not got any but told them to look at the last time I had a leak it was different part of the house. I am now waiting for a reply but the way they have been so far with communication I doubt that I will hear back. It looks like I will have to go to the Ombudsman. I have never in all my years been so angry, i have been left with an unusable bathroom and bedroom.

Reviewed on 19th November 2020
Rob's avatar
Rob

Home Insurance

Despite slogan they have no heart

We had our house insurance through Legal and General which was taken over by LV in January 20. In June we contacted L&G as we were concerned about possible subsidence to our home. After a very lengthy time scale due to a difference of opinion between L&G's subsidence team, who, after 3 attempts finally agreed to send a structural engineer out, but sent a surveyor round instead, and our own independent structural engineer as recommended by our builder we were informed that whether it was subsidence or settlement made no difference and we were not covered.

As such, at a time when so many people are struggling financially due to Coronavirus, and at a time when lots of people are having issues with their mental health and emotional well being, we have been hit with a bill of thousands of pounds for an issue in our house that we were completely unaware of when we moved in, despite having a survey done. And an issue which is 100% not our fault. I am disgusted that we are not covered. And that L&G's policy makes the wording in their policy so ambiguous. We were certainly not aware that something so important and expensive is deliberately left out of policies and the insurance company do not make this clear for their customers. LV have the slogan 'It's our heart that sets us apart' I find this highly ironic. They are like any other insurance company. They have no heart!

Reviewed on 28th September 2020
J Hutchinson 's avatar
J Hutchinson

Car Insurance

Easy As Starting The Car Up!

Great website and very easy to set up my Insurance.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Michaelg2483's avatar
Michaelg2483

Great prices

Great prices & customer service. Have used a few times for car insurance and are always competitively priced.

Reviewed on 17th September 2020
Kate S's avatar
Kate S

No quibble service

Always helpful when in need of making a claim

Reviewed on 16th September 2020
Joe loftus's avatar
Joe loftus

Excellent Customer Support

My policy with LV entitles me to drive other vehicles but the policeman who stopped me for no insurance felt he knew better and whilst waiting to speak to LV, told me he intended to seize my car and started filling in a form. When LV answers and confirmed I was insured he was very upset - not a good start to his day. Thanks LV for dealing with him so professionally and promptly.

Reviewed on 12th September 2020
Ken45's avatar
Ken45

excellent insurance

excellent insurance offering very good value ,best prices

Reviewed on 11th September 2020
James Irwin's avatar
James Irwin

Lovely Company to Deal With

Their customer service is second to none. Prompt settlement and reasonable premiums. I wouldn't want to go elsewhere.

Reviewed on 10th September 2020
Mike Peach's avatar
Mike Peach

Car Insurance

Insurance company that puts u first

Outstanding customer service always puts you first and company second and great value for your money may not be the cheapest on the market but as the old saying goes u get what u pay for

Jibba's avatar
Jibba

Simply The Best

A company which really cares about providing first class customer service through highly trained staff.

Mike Peach's avatar
Mike Peach

Car Insurance

Great insurer for car, home, dog and life!

We have used LV for our car insurance for many years & regularly recruited friends to change to LV. We also have a life insurance policy and home contents insurance as we live in an independent living facility. Our recently rehomed Polish labrador is also insured with LV’s Pet Insurance Policy. We have no cause to change as premiums remain competitive.

Dawn Ball's avatar
Dawn Ball

Excellent customer service

I had to make a major claim on both house and motor insurance at the same time due to a break-in and theft of possessions and car keys. LV were fantastic and really helped us in a pretty stressful time. I would definitely recommend to friends and... Read more

I had to make a major claim on both house and motor insurance at the same time due to a break-in and theft of possessions and car keys. LV were fantastic and really helped us in a pretty stressful time. I would definitely recommend to friends and family.

Helen McNeill's avatar
Helen McNeill

My Experience

Cheapest quote and further renewal prices and following an accident, that was not my fault, everything was explained very clearly and dealt with professionally and quickly.

sg1nuts's avatar
sg1nuts

Life Insurance

Perfect

I've been with LV for years now, best company I've been with. Easy to get a hold of, tells me all and more than I need to know, all information covered and have been fantastic help and always there. Very highly recommended

Reviewed on 29th August 2020
Alexx's avatar
Alexx

Life Insurance

mr

All nice call handlers especially the handler who helped me renew my home insurance with LV

Reviewed on 29th August 2020
John Brown's avatar
John Brown

Landlord Insurance

It's what they don't tell you........

LV are happy to take multiple premiums for portfolios of rental properties but they don't tell you that in the event of even a small claim on one of the policies, they will increase the renewal premiums on ALL of your policies by 75% !... Read more

Steer clear of LV for Landlord Insurance!

Reviewed on 28th August 2020
Steven Mulrooney's avatar
Steven Mulrooney

Income Protection

Excellent and fair service

Really good and clear policy, also providing quick advice if needed, specially during the pandemic, a really friendly attitude

Reviewed on 20th August 2020
Alvaro Minguez Rico's avatar
Alvaro Minguez Rico

Car Insurance

Competitive pricing, English Support staff, quick response times and very helpful

Great experience all round. Will be my first choice every time here on in.

Reviewed on 6th August 2020