MBNA Reviews

MBNA are a leading credit card provider. Smart Money People is the place for MBNA reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

MBNA Review Insight

Features

MBNA Products 144

Awful awful awful

Do not use them!... Read more

Do not use them!
Honestly the worst credit lender I’ve ever used . They cancelled my directed debit for no reason and charged me £50 for the privilege even after speaking to someone in yeh phone who said there was a mistake and I wouldn’t be charged . Checked my statements today’s and there’s the charge!

They also will not let me pay my bills. It refuses my card payments saying. My bank declined it . Spoke to my bank who said that MBNA are trying to use the wrong details for me … I’m legit putting in my correct ones so what is going on??

Tried complaining but there complaints button on the website takes you around and around in circles.
Absolutely sham

Reviewed on 26th October 2021
enquiries@occultmysterybox.co.uk's avatar
enquiries@occultmysterybox.co.uk

Credit Card

Thank you very fucking much for closing my credit card of few years for a non-payment of 8 dollars

And jeopardising my credit history too. Right after I paid off in full thousands of dollars 6 months ago. Never again and will spread the word of how non-supportive you were during COVID times. Fuckers.

Reviewed on 15th October 2021
Irina Gribanovski's avatar
Irina Gribanovski

Balance transfer offer

Excellent zero interest offers, easy to set up online and super fast response. Seriously excellent

Reviewed on 17th September 2021
Marina Clayton's avatar
Marina Clayton

Not very flexible

Could be better in support provided to customers especially during the pandemic.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
AA's avatar
AA

Credit Card

Shockingly Horrid customer service agent.

I had a shocking experience with a HORRIBLE CSR agent. On Tuesday 29th of June 2021 at 11:45pm, An angry woman took my call, and when she realized she didn't have the answer to what I was looking for, she started yelling on the phone like she was fighting in a street war!!She then proceeded to hang up. I asked for something to be done and to speak with a manager and they told me I have to wait 3-5 business days. Imagine a CSR in a financial institution behaving like an animal and the company as a whole is this calm about it. I wish I recorded the conversation when I realized she was being hostile. You can only understand how unprofessional and disgusting it was only if you hear it. I do not want to let this slide as I am still in disbelief that they can hire actual lunatics to provide financial assistance to the public.

Reviewed on 30th June 2021
Uju Bosah's avatar
Uju Bosah

Great credit card

Been with MBNA for a number of years and they offer good choice of credit cards, good customer service, good reward cards, easy to u derstand statements, good online services and always easy to excess customer support if needed.

Reviewed on 24th June 2021
Kelvin Manson's avatar
Kelvin Manson

No fee

Great card for going abroad. No fee for taking money(euros) out of cash machines & only 7.5% interest if you cant pay on time which I always can, so no fees for me . Brilliant

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
Angela Cripps's avatar
Angela Cripps

Non accomadating

not impressed. It appears that covid provides a reason for them to restrict the option of a lower interest rate to long term customers/

Reviewed on 1st June 2021
Emily S's avatar
Emily S

problem problem....

Cannot connect to their web site, they chage my Id... Why ? So calling them calling them again, then the next day it don't work, so calling again...

Reviewed on 27th May 2021
kadaboom's avatar
kadaboom

Great 0% card

Activated a 0% balance transfer card to help with bills, this has been a massive help and service has always been helpful and easy.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Jen's avatar
Jen

MBNA is a Terrible company

MBNA is a terrible credit card company in Canada. Worst customer service. Arrogant and deceitful. Known to reduce credit limits without any warning or reason even with stellar credit. MBNA / TD executive complaint office hide and justify their actions with lies. GreadyRates, MoneySense, Ratehub and others like getting their big cut to sell MBNA / TD products. Thank before you hitting that apply button for these cards.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
Lem's avatar
Lem

Brilliant rates and usability

MBNA have provided me with brilliant rates, much better than their competitors. Their app is very easy to use, allowing for seamless user experience.

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Dave's avatar
Dave

Very impressed

Really impressed with the customer service I have received

Reviewed on 20th February 2021
Katerin 's avatar
Katerin

Credit Card

Bad service and misleading offers

Really bad experience with setting it up in the first place. Took a card with balance transfer and cash transfer 0% offers. The cash transfer was 12 months free. Over the course of 12 months more than paid that balance, but they'd assigned every payment to the debt with the longer interest free period. Terrible customer service and far from treating customers fairly.

Reviewed on 13th February 2021
Paul's avatar
Paul

Credit Card

Intrest free purchase card is a tral

Please don't take MBNA intrest free purchase credit card, it is a trap. All other major bank offers intrest free period for the entire duration of the offer, whereas this creepy card offer intrest free purchase only first 69 days... I lost around £300 only on intrest. Will never recommend thus bank to anyone. Experian and moneysupermarket should recommend this as the least preferred option.

Reviewed on 25th January 2021
Prasoon 's avatar
Prasoon

Insulting

Clear credit history until a problem occured with my direct debit as lockdown began . I wasn't aware of this until I checked my credit file and it showed missed payments . I had been paying extra amounts and wasn't aware my direct debit had aborted . No sympathy or understanding and no genuine communication . Issues with internal messaging systems . System refreshed by call handler then suddenly I started to recieve communication . I even recieved a letter ! As a nurse working through lock down it has left me in a very difficult financial situation . No resolve with this company so I have had to escalate complaint .
Not worth borrowing from the card considering the damage that's been cause based on a small monthly payment .

Reviewed on 5th October 2020
Sas Rea's avatar
Sas Rea

Terrible customer service!

Beware of terrible customer... Read more

Beware of terrible customer services
Beware! Shocking customer service. Been on the phone for 1hour 40 mins passed between 3 members of staff! Cant take my payment tried 3 times and left on hold for way too long. When passed to customer services told they are sorting out their problem told to hold for a couple of minutes then left waiting for a further 30 mins when the next advisor picks up the call knows nothing about my case. The worst customer services I have experienced. Typical of the Royal bank of Scotland. Same terrible service as Natwest bank, no surprises they are the same company. Will send me a txt within 5 working days to look at my complaint!! Shocking!

Reviewed on 20th July 2020
Mat Kksc's avatar
Mat Kksc

Trustworthy and fair

I've been really impressed with MBNA. Fair interest rates, good deals, and easy to see balance and pay online!

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Jess's avatar
Jess

MBNA

Consistently good service and rates

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
James Silcock's avatar
James Silcock

Easy and helpful

Easy website to use, reliable service when things go wrong

Reviewed on 11th July 2020