Nationwide Personal Loan Reviews

Ratings based on 26 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Nationwide personal loan reviews on Smart Money People are honest reviews. If you're trying to determine whether this is the right personal loan for you, reading our Nationwide personal loan reviews can help you to find out what other people have to say. Smart Money People launched in October 2014 to help people like you to find the best personal loans. If you have used a Nationwide personal loan, we'd love you to write a quick review too.

Nationwide Review Insight

Your Personal Loan Reviews

Review Nationwide's Personal Loan now

HUGE MISTAKE

This bank has been one of my biggest mistakes. it provides nothing but extra... Read more

This bank has been one of my biggest mistakes. it provides nothing but extra stress.
The card reader is awkward and almost every other bank has moved on, they can keep you secure without the constant hassle.
The app is borderline pointless bar check balance you cant do much else not even contact your bank.
The customer service is laughable, my card has 'not been able to be verified' for about a month. the bank is useless and doesn't help or get back to me.
I have tried multiple ways to sort this myself but nothing. I literally have NO ACESS TO ONLINE PURCHASES AT ALL!
Do not use this building society the Medici bank in Florence will serve you better.

hopefully nationwide will see this and actually resolve an issue. Looking at the reviews I doubt this. If anyone sees this go anywhere else. Even Santander.

Reviewed on 6th October 2021
Thomas Simon's avatar
Thomas Simon

Amazing Product, and great customer service

I had problem applying for a personal loan online, so I went in bank and they gave me a number as it is done over the phone, so called them just from outside the bank, the customer service agent who picked up my call her name is Sharmin, she is an amazing lady helped me redoing my application, went through all application did a soft check quite a few time just to tell me how much money I can borrow, when my application was done, I went is bank to verify my ID just before locking up the doors as it was 15 pass 4, even though they had little time to close the bank, they help me, they spoke to the lady on phone did all paperwork, just when doing paperwork the manager noticed something was not right and he said you had to redo the application again, throughout the branch process I had Sharmin on the line all the time helping with paperwork, so I came out of the bank is it was closed at that time, Sharmin redid my application with the same energy and amazing support, this time we did all our check, and as this was all done on Friday, so had to wait for Monday, as my application was in review Sharmin said she would call me back on Monday, which she did and also called the bank that I'll be coming in for ID verification, and here comes a great part as soon as I walked in the CRAWLEY branch customer service lady recognise me straight away takes me on a desk where the desk person recognise me and greet me with my name and check my ID and then the manager walks in and takes me in his cabin, GREAT TEAM AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE, when I looked around they were helping everybody walking in the branch with that great level of energy . SHARMIN if you reading this, I just wanna say THANK YOU VERY MUCH and also THANK YOU TO Crawley Branch.

Reviewed on 4th October 2021
Jigar Patel's avatar
Jigar Patel

Absolutely awful

Out of date technology, dreadful attitude towards customers - much better alternatives.

Reviewed on 10th July 2020
Mike Bidwell's avatar
Mike Bidwell

Reasonable rates

Reasonable rates from a trustworthy company

Reviewed on 30th May 2020
jal1989's avatar
jal1989

Disgraceful service / support

Disgraceful customer service and banking facility.... Read more

Disgraceful customer service and banking facility.

If anyone still banks with these crooks I recommend you switch if you ever want to get any descent customer service and aid in times of need.

Having fallen a victim to Coronavirus was worried about making loan repayments for the upcoming month as I was in self-isolation and on unpaid leave from work. Have always kept up with my loan payments and never missed anything for the past 3 years.

Dont let the false advertisements on their website fool you, they try to come across as they are very helpful and that they will assist their customers during "challenging times", having called their "Triage" team and waited over 1 hour on hold, I pleaded with the rep to offer some help to overcome the situation am in, wether that will be 1 month payment holiday on the loan or an increase in overdraft / credit card limit to tie me over just for 1 month and the outcome was, they only offered to change the repayment date on the loan and move it back by upto 14 days like that is going to help!, they do this all year round , nothing new and certainley no additional help during this pandemic.

These stingy crooks did not even consider freezing credit card or overdraft fees just for 1 month till i return to work.

Lastly in the same week, i accidently transfered some money from my current account to my credit card (online via internet banking), I was meant to transfer it to my savings account but as you know its very easy to select the wrong account to transfer money to in the drop down menu. After realising my mistake, I found there is no option to transfer money back from your credit card to your current account. I gave customer support a call and got through to a guy called "Sachin" (sounded like a right chav) whom immediatly said "you been passed to me in the collections department, your balance is xx and you need to pay xx"... I thought what the hell is this guy on? No one passed me through, I called in and my query is not related to balance, I have already paid the monthly amount due on my card thanks!!, I then told him the reason for my call to which he replied to transfer money back from credit card to current account would take 5 days to process..... and as i questioned why so long, he replied, you made the mistake what do you want us to about it?

As you can see, the customer service is shocking, rude, incompetent staff even at the highest level, you can not even get through to a manager or to the complaints team, instead they take your number and you'd be lucky to ever recieve a call back from the complaints department.

This is the 21st century folks.....and Nationwide expects you to wait 5 days to get funds transfered from your nationwide current account to your nationwide credit card back, come on people, open your eyes. just check what other banks offer and you will be suprised at the level of care and service compared to Nationwide which is a sinking ship!

By the way, I also had a loan with YB and Post office and having spoke to their financial care team, they both provided a month payment holiday to assist me during the crisis which has meant reduced income. I am ever grateful to these banks and the difference between customer care and support is night and day compared to the crooked Nationwide.

I will ensure on my return to work that I change bank details with my employer to YB with the outlook of closing my bank account with Nationscum.

Reviewed on 23rd March 2020
Mr S.Y's avatar
Mr S.Y

Simple process

Easy to apply on line and great online calculator.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
Amy's avatar
Amy

Quick, easy & good rates

Completed application over the phone. Was pretty quick although had to answer a lot of questions they already knew about me as I bank and have mortgage with them too.

Reviewed on 20th November 2019
Marie Fursdon's avatar
Marie Fursdon

Low interest loan

Low interest, great deals, no problems

Reviewed on 25th November 2018
Jenna Bevan's avatar
Jenna Bevan

Where others reject Nationwide,studies then accepts

Had great difficulty changing a "Balloon" payment on a vehicle which was via the "people's car" to a better rate loan which could be paid off early peicemeal.AA Bank of Ireland useless via internet or phone..Nationwide made my day.via Phone saving over 11% over the life of the loan.Smashing.

Reviewed on 10th June 2018
john radburn's avatar
john radburn

Fast efficient service

AS a member offered low interest rate. Money was in m,y account within 2 days.

Reviewed on 18th May 2018
James Smith's avatar
James Smith

Excellent customer service from Nationwide. They help you, and you're not just a number.

Reviewed on 10th February 2018
Gary's avatar
Gary

Recommended by a friend to move to nationwide

Faye was amazing, really happy with the loan, top class customer skills. I’m hard to please as well. Thank you nationwide:)

Reviewed on 27th January 2018
Lisa's avatar
Lisa

Recommended by a friend to move to nationwide

Reviewed on 27th January 2018
Lisa's avatar
Lisa

Great rates and service , hassle free

Nationwide are highly recommended for loans , their rates are always competitive and their loans are hassle free . Easy to connect with online banking and clear statements

Reviewed on 6th May 2017
Barney's avatar
Barney

Brilliant Service and Great rates

Great rates and brilliant customer service. Can't fault the company!

Reviewed on 4th April 2017
Leah Oakley's avatar
Leah Oakley

Excellent, very helpful

I was looking for a personal loan and as I am already a customer of nationwide I thought I would check online using there no obligation quote service. I entered all the details they needed and was asked to ring them to process the application further. The number was easy to find and the employee on the other end was very helpful, the whole process was quick efficient and stress free. Would definitely recommend banking with them and looking into other products services they have on offer.

Reviewed on 16th March 2017
Jessica moore's avatar
Jessica moore

Nationwide loan

I was after a good loan deal and the Nationwide one was the best product I could find in terms of length and interest rate. I was accepted and the loan went through very quickly and I was well-informed every step of the way. The information was very clear and I was very happy with the whole process from start to finish.

Reviewed on 24th December 2016
Lucy Walker's avatar
Lucy Walker

Low interest loan

Had a meeting with the bank and they explained my options. As a current account holder I got a really good low interest loan (under 10%).

Reviewed on 15th November 2016
Kirstie Knowles 's avatar
Kirstie Knowles

Very competitive rate & sorted quickly

Nationwide offered me a great personal loan rate, better than I'd seen anywhere else, and it was all sorted relatively quickly. Would definitely use them again.

Reviewed on 26th June 2016
Dean Wishart's avatar
Dean Wishart

Easy

Wanted a loan as I was buying a new car. Nationwide offered me a good rate and i got a speedy decision from them. The money was transferred to my bank account quickly without any hassle. staff were helpful throughout the whole process

Reviewed on 28th March 2016