One Call Insurance Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 8,202 reviews       Last review 1 day ago

Our One Call Insurance Car Insurance reviews can help you to find out what life as a One Call Insurance customer is really like. And if you have experience of using this product, why not write your review on Smart Money People today?

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Car Insurance Reviews

8,202 reviews

Review One Call Insurance's Car Insurance now

Crooks - they take money from CC without authority

Took out Car Insurance in 2021. Authority to auto-renew declined. Come 2022, no price for renewal sent, just 'we have renewed your policy'. They took the money 5 days early. No-where on their portal anywhere to find out what, when or how much. No email ad Read more

Took out Car Insurance in 2021. Authority to auto-renew declined. Come 2022, no price for renewal sent, just 'we have renewed your policy'. They took the money 5 days early. No-where on their portal anywhere to find out what, when or how much. No email address for them. Just a chat bot that times out after 15 mins, then back in the queue to try to contact them. Crooks. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 4th October 2022
Julian Powell's avatar
Julian Powell

Good service

Easy to use website, good product

Nicki Openshaw 's avatar
Nicki Openshaw

Very pleased

Good value for money. Easy to set up.

G H's avatar
G H

The best

Thank's for the best. Company yes yes

Alina Mateiu's avatar
Alina Mateiu

Top people

Always helpful. Website easy to navigate. No complaints,

Ann Treacey's avatar
Ann Treacey

the best company for insurance

best of the best five stars company

mahmood adnan wardat's avatar
mahmood adnan wardat

One of the best insurance company

Radovan Budai 's avatar
Radovan Budai

This is what happens if you have an accident

Absolutely dreadful company. You will report the accident with details - obviously still at the scene if your vehicle is undrivable - and the call centre person will condense your lengthy explanation into a very few words (without you knowing this is happ Read more

Absolutely dreadful company. You will report the accident with details - obviously still at the scene if your vehicle is undrivable - and the call centre person will condense your lengthy explanation into a very few words (without you knowing this is happening let alone being asked to approve the summary).

Based on those few words of summary (and I'm talking two lines of text), whilst you are still sitting in your damaged vehicle, probably a little shaken from the incident, a Liability department staff member from One Call Claims may make a 'final decision' that you were at fault at which point you will be emailed with that 'final decision'. You will know about this if you see the email on your smartphone whilst sitting in the undrivable car. Otherwise, you will not even know the decision has been made.

Bearing in mind, the accident has only just happened and no statement has been taken from the other party nor from any witnesses. You have not completed or signed a claim form nor had any time to present evidence such as CCTV, photos or a sketch. You are still holding waiting to be put through to the next department you need to speak to; your car is undrivable.

From then on, your world changes. You will be told to empty your car (irrelevant of how much stuff you have in the car), await the recovery vehicle then YES make your own way home. No lift home in the recovery vehicle no matter what additional insurance you had.

Just dumped at the roadside with your stuff in carrier bags - if you are lucky enough to have sufficent bags in the book. Otherwise presumably it's just you and your loose stuff at the side of the road as the recovery vehicle drives off with your car on the back of it.

Just to make the point, within a FEW MINUTES of reporting the accident One Call Claims (NB this is not your insurance company) will have decided, 'final decision' whether they consider it to be your fault or not.

In my case, the other side's insurance company were so surprised at One Call Claims deciding it was 100% my fault given their own client's reporting of the accident that they phoned me to get my version of events.

I've challenged the decision and asked that they listen to the recording of the call so as to hear my full explanation of how the accident occured. 10 days on - and 7 days without any replacement vehicle despite my having separate insurance for a hire car - I still haven't had a reason for it being determined to be my fault. They reluctantly said they would review the entire taped conversation but no news so far.

Apparently I have a right to hear the tape recording of that initial call so I have asked for it. I have emailed sketches of the accident site but apparently everything hinged on those 2 lines of general summary from the call centre person. They still haven't spoken to the independent witness as far as I am aware.

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

If you'd like to know what you will hear if you have an accident, listen to the recorded message when you phone in your claim 020 3738 7386.

Please bear in mind, One Call Claims will make a decision as to who is at fault based solely on the call centre person's very short summary of what you say. You will not sign anything, you will not send in photos or a sketch, they will not have contacted the other party's insurance company for the other party's version of events and they will not have contacted any independent witnesses or reviewed any CCTV evidence. The 'final decision' is made within minutes of you phoning in the claim while you are still sitting at the roadside.

Reviewed on 24th September 2022
Sue Humphrey's avatar
Sue Humphrey

Dreadful, dreadful company. Avoid avoid avoid

I had an accident a week ago. I still have no hire car or courtesy vehicle. They decided the accident was 100% my fault without my sending back the signed claim form, in fact while I was still sitting in the car waiting to be recovered. The other party's Read more

I had an accident a week ago. I still have no hire car or courtesy vehicle. They decided the accident was 100% my fault without my sending back the signed claim form, in fact while I was still sitting in the car waiting to be recovered. The other party's insurance company phoned me (yes) and expressed surprise that One Call had decided it was my fault when according to what their own client had told them it was not my fault. One week on, no courtesy car, no hire car despite my paying for additional insurance. They're supposed to be listening to the recording of the phone call that reported the claim to review their 'liability' decision but clearly it isn't a priority.

My car is at the garage where it's been for the past week, no-one has even looked at it yet let alone decided if it is repairable or will be written off. That's because apparently I have to wait for someone to phone so I can pay my £150 excess before anyone will look at the car (seriously????). But no-one has phoned, so I have to keep waiting in ridiculously long call queues of around an hour each time, to speak to someone who can tell me that he isn't able to take payments over the phone but he will get a colleague to phone me in the next 5-10 minutes. Oooh, 30 mins call just dropped as I am typing this. So now I've got to start over again. I am beyond frustrated.

The Compaints department contacted me a few days ago with the facile email subject, "Oops, it looks like something went wrong.." but haven't even bothered to acknowledge my return email.

I so wish I wasn't insured with Yoga/One Call. They weren't the cheapest, but I did think they offered the best overall value. I seriously cannot understand how they manage to get such high ratings, I can only think the 5* reviews are from people who haven't had to make a claim.

Awful, awful, company.

Reviewed on 21st September 2022
Sue Humphrey's avatar
Sue Humphrey

Competative

A fair price for my car insurance with £40 off for my wife's which is significant, multi deal is very helpful

Reviewed on 14th September 2022
Ian M's avatar
Ian M

cheap, easy, comprehensive

Everything is very easy, cheap and hassle-free

Reviewed on 13th September 2022
Dawid Ada's avatar
Dawid Ada

So easy

Had changed my vehicle nothing was an issue and sorted straight away. Cannot recommend highly enough. Tell everyone about them

Reviewed on 13th September 2022
Tracey Mitchell's avatar
Tracey Mitchell

Scam

Absolutely disgusted! Insured my 125cc motorbike with these for £20 a month, after the first month, received an email to say they can no longer insure me? No mention of fees, just that the date my bike would no longer be insured from! No issue, insured th Read more

Absolutely disgusted! Insured my 125cc motorbike with these for £20 a month, after the first month, received an email to say they can no longer insure me? No mention of fees, just that the date my bike would no longer be insured from! No issue, insured the following month with someone else! This was 2 months ago, iv just had £120 taken out my back from onecall insurance for cancellation fees! No notice at all! Literally took my rent money! So for one months insurance iv paid £140 for a 125cc motorbike! Appalled

Reviewed on 31st August 2022
Mike Andrews's avatar
Mike Andrews

total rubbish

I insured a moped with one call and paid £91 I waited 4 days for my documents but nothing i then tried to log onto their website and was i wasn't allowed on the site cause i wasn't a customer and then i received an email saying i owed £91 again I got a r Read more

I insured a moped with one call and paid £91 I waited 4 days for my documents but nothing i then tried to log onto their website and was i wasn't allowed on the site cause i wasn't a customer and then i received an email saying i owed £91 again I got a refund through my building society !! Then they took £91 yet again out of my account I got a refund yet again!! Now Im being threatened with debt collectors This is total Crap Avoid at all costs you have been warned !!

Reviewed on 21st August 2022
Derek Baynton's avatar
Derek Baynton

Very bad dealing. I don't deal with them again

I had very bad experience with them due to cancellation of a policy because of my car sale. I don't deal with them again and put myself in trouble. Keep away from terrible businesses in UK

Reviewed on 19th August 2022
Bose Thomas's avatar
Bose Thomas

daylight robbery

purchased a car today, insured it, paid insurance in full. Drove down the road and the car broke down, returned to garage, tried to get hold One call but no phone number, web chat only, took 2.5 hrs waiting to be told i can cancel but would be due NO refu Read more

purchased a car today, insured it, paid insurance in full. Drove down the road and the car broke down, returned to garage, tried to get hold One call but no phone number, web chat only, took 2.5 hrs waiting to be told i can cancel but would be due NO refund !! £49.99 set up fee and the rest to cover the policy... I had for less than 2 hrs.. absolute joke. shameful. I appreciate all companies have fees but this is awful..

Reviewed on 16th August 2022
Es's avatar
Es

home insurance

really great service when adding business use

Reviewed on 11th August 2022
kieran's avatar
kieran

Zero for this review

I have my car insurance with One Call and can fault them. The price was competitive, the cover is really poor when comparing to others.they fail I dislike the portal never worked /live chat as opposed to having to use a phone as they never answer it buy Read more

I have my car insurance with One Call and can fault them. The price was competitive, the cover is really poor when comparing to others.they fail I dislike the portal never worked /live chat as opposed to having to use a phone as they never answer it buyer beware
Simon

Reviewed on 8th August 2022
Roderick Hood's avatar
Roderick Hood

Not Recommended

I got hit in the rear in my car and this bunch of dim wits are taking her side and not mine I have provided evidence and they say one thing do another and don't replay to questions dont be ripped of stay away

Reviewed on 8th August 2022
Roderick Hood's avatar
Roderick Hood

Excellent service incredible value for money

I was really happy with the cost of my car insurance received an email today telling me it just got cheaper. Contacted them excellent customer Service very helpful Can't thank them enough.

Reviewed on 3rd August 2022