Post Office Travel Money Reviews

Ratings based on 18 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Before we go off on our holiday, there's always a last minute dash for some travel money! With more and more options available, it really does pay to do a bit of research to find the best travel money company. Smart Money People is the place for Post Office travel money reviews. If you've used Post Office travel money before, why not write YOUR own review? You can help other travellers looking for honest Post Office travel money reviews.

Post Office Review Insight

Your Travel Money Reviews

Review Post Office's Travel Money now

Still no money

I ordered online to collect in person, thinking this would be safer being an in-person collection with a household name despite the rates not being as good as some other purely online currency... Read more

I ordered online to collect in person, thinking this would be safer being an in-person collection with a household name despite the rates not being as good as some other purely online currency services.

One transaction went quite well. Boosted by this I ordered a week later, on a Thursday, with the confirmation email saying the money would be available to collect from 1pm on the following Monday. It’s close of business on Tuesday and it’s still not been delivered to the branch where I opted to collect it. And no way to contact the Post Office after 5:30 pm to trace it or organise a courier or refund. So much for it being a safer, more reliable option. Won’t be doing this again.

Reviewed on 16th November 2021
Kim Maria's avatar
Kim Maria

crooks

What a shower of crooks. Having looked at the exchange rates for euros on the post office website (which offers a service whereby you collect the currency at your local post office)I went along directly to my local post office and bought euros. On returning home I realised that £500 at the Post Office had only got me 540 euros as opposed to the 570 euros figure advertised on the post office website. When I queried this with the post office "customer care" team I was advised that post offices can apply whatever exchange rates they wish. Had I ordered £500 worh of euros online for collection at the same post office I would have received 570 euros when I collected it at the post office but because I went into the post office and ordered it, they were at liberty to apply whatever exchange rate they wished. There is thus no link between the exchange rates published on the post office website and the exchange rates applied within the post office. Get the logic there? The logic is to screw you, Low life. Boycott them

Reviewed on 17th September 2021
Joe Soap's avatar
Joe Soap

Great rates and service

The post office have great rates on Travel money and always have amazing customer service whenever I deal with any of their branches whether its for travel money or other post office services

Reviewed on 7th February 2018
Kayleigh Parker's avatar
Kayleigh Parker

Easy to order Thai currency online and collect from local branch in a couple of days. Friendly staff, great service. Will use again.

Reviewed on 7th January 2018
Amanda harrop's avatar
Amanda harrop

Great service, competitive rates and convenience.

So many banks are pulling out of little villages such as the one I live in so the Post Office really is a life line, especially for people with disabilities and the elderly who cannot get into the town.

Reviewed on 11th December 2017
Mark Mc Vicker's avatar
Mark Mc Vicker

Simply effective

Simple to use, effective in terms of cost and effort involved. I'll always go back to PO in the future purely due to these factors that i've yet to experience with other providers (who were actually surprisingly problematic).

Reviewed on 29th November 2017

Travel money

Ordered euros online. One of the best exchange rates at the time and easy to pick up from our local post office branch

Reviewed on 10th November 2017
Tracy Spark's avatar
Tracy Spark

Reserve currency online first

Their counter rates are not as good as their online rates. BUT I found out from travelmoneyrates.com that you can click and collect from the PO website, reserve the better rate and collect from your local Post Office! Staff at ours are always helpful too!

Reviewed on 4th September 2017
Phil Jones's avatar
Phil Jones

Great Service

Getting my travel money from the Post Office is a quick, easy, friendly and efficient process. Order online and go along at you convenience to a Post Office of your choosing or have it delivered, easy! Great service but it's a petty that so many branches have closed.

Reviewed on 7th August 2017
Douglas Porter's avatar
Douglas Porter

Easy to use

Simple to change money to foreign currency, friendly staff, great customer service when they had to explain the rates and all the different ways to carry the currency. Highly recommend visiting your post office for currency changing

Reviewed on 6th June 2017
Kayleigh Parker's avatar
Kayleigh Parker

Hassle free holiday cash

#MaxYourMoney for a hassle free start to my holiday I purchase my spending money from the post office. Great competitive rates and the convenience of a local collection make this a winning choice.

Reviewed on 20th March 2017
Jenny Gregory 's avatar
Jenny Gregory

Friendly

Very friendly - offered me 25% off my travel insurance because I bought travel money.

Reviewed on 15th September 2016
Fiona Smith's avatar
Fiona Smith

Popped into the PO

Popped into my ocal Post Office and within 10 minutes Euros were mine. Quick to order and pay for . Great rate of exchange . Staff very friendly

Lynda Ewing's avatar
Lynda Ewing

Easy ordering

I always buy my travel money from the post office. I order in the post office the amount i need and pick it up 48 hours later. Great rates of exchange .

john allan's avatar
john allan

Very easy transaction

I needed some currency to take away with me and I chose to compare online and found that the post office was very competitive and also did by back if we needed to change any we brought back.They impressed me also as they didnt just stock high value notes and I was able to get lower value notes which is great and handy if you need to buy a drink or something inexpensive when you land abroad.I will definately use the post office again!

Tracy Wheeler's avatar
Tracy Wheeler

Convenient but beware using online services

I tend to use the Post Office to buy foreign currency before travelling as I find their rates reasonable and their locations are convenient for me.... Read more

However, I recently bought 500 euros from them online to collect in person and despite requesting low value notes I was given 50 euro notes. So I would advise caution if you need your currency in specific denominations.

Andrea Storey's avatar
Andrea Storey

I find that exchanging travel money with the post office is very easy and efficent

I love to travel and yearly I go to the Caribbean for 2 weeks. And I always search the internet looking for the best deals to buy eastern Caribbean currency and I always find that the Post Office has one of the best rates going. I love the simplicity of being able to order your money online and collecting it at the post office at your chosen delivery date. The staff at each post office are pleasant and the website is easy to use.

Reviewed on 8th November 2015
Kelly1234's avatar
Kelly1234

good value and trustworthy

You can't really go wrong with getting your travel money from the post office. The rates are always competitive, they often put up offers which gives you one of the best exchange rates and they are trustworthy. No problems.

Reviewed on 9th August 2015