Post Office: Travel Money reviews

Based on 36 reviews, last reviewed 6th Jun 2024

Always seem to get quite good rates. Always seem to get quite good rates from the post office Can be long, queueing times occasionally Reviewed on: 2nd April 2024
AGP's avatar
AGP

Account security is HIGH RISK. Account security is HIGH RISK. Having used the card for a long time I had used it for many transactions. It became very clear that there was fraudulen... Read more Reviewed on: 6th June 2024
Martyn A's avatar
Martyn A

About the Travel Money

Before we go off on our holiday, there's always a last minute dash for some travel money! With more and more options available, it really does pay to do a bit of research to find the best travel money company. Smart Money People is the place for Post Office travel money reviews. If you've used Post Office travel money before, why not write YOUR own review? You can help other travellers looking for honest Post Office travel money reviews.

Review Post Office: Travel Money now

Post Office Travel Money reviews (36)

Account security is HIGH RISK.

Account security is HIGH RISK. Having used the card for a long time I had used it for many transactions. It became very clear that there was fraudulent transaction amounting to £800. Post Office failed to protect the account sufficiently. They are refusing to cover the loss and are hiding behind the small-print. They are happy to take your fees, but not so good at protecting you. AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Reviewed on: 6th June 2024
Martyn A's avatar
Martyn A

AVOID THE POST OFFICE TRAVEL MONEY CARD

AVOID THE POST OFFICE TRAVEL MONEY CARD Avoid this card nightmare This card was suggested in the post office, unaware the staff had no understanding what they were “selling” they were in fact miss selling. It was explained that with the card I could load currency to the card for no charge, and use it when travelling anywhere, with no charge or commission and when back in the UK get your money back with no charge. Sounds great, so I agreed and got the card adding a large amount using my credit card (so it was protected) no the bank charge for that, but staff at the post office gave no warning so £12 cost so far. Next day trying to activate the card was another fiasco, reading other reviews sounds like I am not alone. Decide to travel to Spain, so returned to the post office to add more money, in cash this time, staff had no idea what they were doing, talked about commission but I had no idea they were reducing the amount I was adding to the card to cover commission!! This happened again, only when I visited my local Post office was I asked how I wanted to pay the commission!!! After paying another £7 commission I retuned and contacted The post office only to be told yes there is a commission charge to add funds. I was told it was free to add euros, but the Post office says you cannot now add euros, the whole system is as clear as mud. The reading reviews from other users unable to use the card abroad and many other issues my advice is don’t get one, it is being miss sold and I will write to the FCA. The staff cannot sell these ecards as they don’t even understand what they are selling. On the wall at the post office a large poster saying win £5000 with the card, asked the staff even that they could not tell you how to enter let alone win. 310 people gave the card one star are the post office reading reviews or even listening, clearly they do not care. Reviewed on: 27th April 2024
WEST's avatar
WEST

Always seem to get quite good rates.

AGP's avatar
AGP

Post Office Travel Money Card - be warned

Got the PO Travel Money Card to use in Australia. 1st two transactions were rejected. 24/7 help line asked me to call back during UK working hours! Was told there is a known problem and if I went to an ATM to check my balance and then withdraw some cash it would be ok. Balance enquiry on ATM didn't work. Next call to help line and someone else told me the problem was with the shop not the card but it would work in ATM. Withdrew some cash at the ATM ok, but got charged $10.60 on a $100 withdrawal. However, after this the card did work flawlessly but it had taken 3 international calls to resolve what is apparently a known problem. Completely unacceptable. Reviewed on: 30th October 2023
Microwave Man's avatar
Microwave Man

Do you have a different Post Office product?

Post Office has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products