RCI Bank Freedom Savings Account Reviews

Ratings based on 2,126 reviews       Last review 3 days ago

RCI Bank savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at RCI Bank. How easy is it to contact RCI Bank? And how friendly are they? Our RCI Bank savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Your Freedom Savings Account Reviews

2,126 reviews

Review RCI Bank's Freedom Savings Account now

locked out

locked out of account too easily even after password reset necessitating 0345 call

Reviewed on 28th November 2022
Antony Bell's avatar
Antony Bell

Appalling service

I sent a grant of probate to RCI nearly 3 weeks ago and asked for my husband’s savings to be transferred. Not a word from RCI and I have beneficiaries waiting for these funds. Tried ringing a week ago, waited over an hour to get a reply only to be told it Read more

I sent a grant of probate to RCI nearly 3 weeks ago and asked for my husband’s savings to be transferred. Not a word from RCI and I have beneficiaries waiting for these funds. Tried ringing a week ago, waited over an hour to get a reply only to be told it was being dealt with but no indication as to how long this would take. RCI This is not your money.

Reviewed on 24th November 2022
Claire Castle 's avatar
Claire Castle

Cannot get through on the phone or email.

I opened a new 2 year fixed account. received the paperwork. Tried to log in on line. It did not recognise my ID or password. Followed the link to reset my password. Received confirmation email. Still did not recognise me. Sent two emails but received no Read more

I opened a new 2 year fixed account. received the paperwork. Tried to log in on line. It did not recognise my ID or password. Followed the link to reset my password. Received confirmation email. Still did not recognise me. Sent two emails but received no answer. Tried ringing for over a week. each time on hold for over 30 minutes. never got through and still have had no response. Been on hold again now for 45 minutes. Every option they give you get put on hold and the same recorded message and horrible tune.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2022
Peter Roll's avatar
Peter Roll

Contacting RCI

I have been logged out of my account for 7 days. I have repeatedly rung the contact number and have been on hold for up to 2 hours. I have emailed and got no reply. I have seen RCIs response to similar complaints. This is totally unacceptable. Phone li Read more

I have been logged out of my account for 7 days. I have repeatedly rung the contact number and have been on hold for up to 2 hours. I have emailed and got no reply. I have seen RCIs response to similar complaints. This is totally unacceptable. Phone lines should be answered. Apparently new customers are more important than loyalty. I want to access MY money and can’t. It is suggested I can contact then via Facebook. I am not on Facebook and do not see why I have to contact them via social media. RCI must get this sorted and MUST recognise loyalty over new customers.

Reviewed on 23rd November 2022
David's avatar
David

Poor customer Service

Poor customer service.... I will not deal with any business/bank etc, that make it difficult for their customers to contact them by telephone. All businesses should pride themselves to achieve very high levels of `quality of product`, `customer service` a Read more

Poor customer service.... I will not deal with any business/bank etc, that make it difficult for their customers to contact them by telephone. All businesses should pride themselves to achieve very high levels of `quality of product`, `customer service` and `competitiveness`. If any of these attributes are not met, i will take my business/monies, elsewhere!

Reviewed on 21st November 2022
Agostino Cipullo's avatar
Agostino Cipullo

90 mins to answer a call is not good service

I have had an RCI account since 2017 when they were first set up as a bank in the uk. I have had three contatcs with them in the last week: the first took 46 minutes to answer, the second 90 mins and the third 72 mins. If i had been given the full and cor Read more

I have had an RCI account since 2017 when they were first set up as a bank in the uk. I have had three contatcs with them in the last week: the first took 46 minutes to answer, the second 90 mins and the third 72 mins. If i had been given the full and correct information in the second call i would not have had to make the third.
This is appalling service.

Reviewed on 21st November 2022
c's avatar
c

Great interest rates

I’m very pleased I opened my new freedom saving account it was easy and straightforward my savings accounts and current account are with Halifax I’ve been with them for years but the Halifax is just not passing on higher interest rates to customers so in Read more

I’m very pleased I opened my new freedom saving account it was easy and straightforward my savings accounts and current account are with Halifax I’ve been with them for years but the Halifax is just not passing on higher interest rates to customers so in due course I will most probably open other accounts

Reviewed on 18th November 2022
Pamela Morris's avatar
Pamela Morris

Is there anybody there?

I have been locked out of my account and no one will pick up the telephone or answer email Help!!!!!

Geraldine Verge's avatar
Geraldine Verge

Rubbish customer service

Not heard for any one for a week and then get a message to say if I want a response specific to my email I need to go on Facebook. Company sacrifices service to loyal customers to be greedy grabbing newbie’s.

Tony Sheppard's avatar
Tony Sheppard

impossible to make a telephone contact

It is quite impossible to make an inquiry by telephone to the company even after hanging on for at least an hour. definitely, a one-star service, invest your money elsewhere!

Alan Croucher's avatar
Alan Croucher

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi Alan, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!

Rubbish customer service

Can never get through to anyone. I have wasted 2 1/2 hours of my life hanging on the phone just to get into my account. No one picks up. Go where you get service I say.

Reviewed on 16th November 2022
Tony Sheppard's avatar
Tony Sheppard

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi Tony, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!”

We are experiencing high call volumes!!!

A bank is a good as its Customer Service Department. However, that would be good if you could get through to them. I waited 45minutes today for a response then I gave up. This is not a bank you can trust.

Reviewed on 15th November 2022
David Cox's avatar
David Cox

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi David, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!”

Do not put money in this bank

I have accounts with this bank and they claim to pay withdrawals the next working day. I have been waiting 2 weeks for my withdrawal. I have complained 2.5 hours on phone my complaint has been ignored.

Steambuff's avatar
Steambuff

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!

Do Not Save with RCI Bank

I have accounts with this bank withdrawals should be paid the following day. I have waited 2 weeks and am still waiting. When you make a complaint they ignore you.

Steambuff's avatar
Steambuff

Reply from RCI Bank

Contacting bank Nai on impossible!

called bank on helpline. Was kept on hold for 39 min and then got disconnected!

Amrit Gill's avatar
Amrit Gill

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi Amrit, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!

Amateurs / Time wasters.

Doubt this will ever be published, as RCI have rave reviews on this site. But I my experience of trying to open an account it was a waste of time. Send documents to prove identify long wait for confirmation when sent funds no show on their site. Hours on Read more

Doubt this will ever be published, as RCI have rave reviews on this site. But I my experience of trying to open an account it was a waste of time. Send documents to prove identify long wait for confirmation when sent funds no show on their site. Hours on phone. Emails not answered.

Reviewed on 13th November 2022
Richard Williams's avatar
Richard Williams

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi Richard, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!

Impossible to get through.

I was keen to make a substantial deposit into my account. For this I need both my account number and sort code. So i printed off my statement which shows an account number but no sort code. I tried phoning, but after hanging on for 45 minutes, gave up. Read more

I was keen to make a substantial deposit into my account. For this I need both my account number and sort code. So i printed off my statement which shows an account number but no sort code. I tried phoning, but after hanging on for 45 minutes, gave up. I emailed and was advised that they would get back within a few working days, but also gave out their Newcastle number. On phoning this i was almost immediately put onto the same automated message of the day before. All i want is those details which will allow me to make a deposit. I have requested that someone phone me. What are the chances?
I

Reviewed on 10th November 2022
James Meikle's avatar
James Meikle

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi James, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!

No one on the phone

I have tried to call them twice - They claim they are available on the phone 7 days a week - The first time, I waited for 45 minutes before hanging up. I have now been on the phone for 30 minutes. I don't think there is a single person on the phone. I st Read more

I have tried to call them twice - They claim they are available on the phone 7 days a week - The first time, I waited for 45 minutes before hanging up. I have now been on the phone for 30 minutes. I don't think there is a single person on the phone. I started at 9am. No indication of queue either.

Reviewed on 10th November 2022
Jean-Marc Vandevivere's avatar
Jean-Marc Vandevivere

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi Jean-Marc, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!

Unable to contact

Easy to open an account but almost impossible to make any personal contact.

Reviewed on 8th November 2022
Brian Styles's avatar
Brian Styles

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi Brian, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!

Do not answer the phone or emails

Serious problem with their customer service phone line! I have tried calling a number of times but always in a queue, so today I called at 8.15 in the morning and was on hold for 38 minutes when the phone was cut off! I've sent an email but had an automat Read more

Serious problem with their customer service phone line! I have tried calling a number of times but always in a queue, so today I called at 8.15 in the morning and was on hold for 38 minutes when the phone was cut off! I've sent an email but had an automated response saying they'll get back to me in 4 working days!
My linked bank account will not verify the new RCI account and with so many scams going around I'm not prepared to send over £100 to an account or bank that doesnt appear to exist!

Reviewed on 7th November 2022
Heather Ettling's avatar
Heather Ettling

Reply from RCI Bank

Hi Heather, head of savings here, and with bit of a long reply to all the comments but bear with me. I’m very sorry if you had a long wait time on the telephone or not being able to connect. We’ve kept some very competitively priced accounts on sale for the past two weeks up to this morning. At a time when household finances are stretched, I asked the team to give some priority to opening accounts at these rewarding rates (rather than taking the products off sale) so customers would earn a competitive return on their savings for years to come. I’m sorry this impacted your experience with us. I also regret this happened to as many people as it did- we do take onboard all feedback. Due to the sheer volume of applications, the team has been busy processing over 30k manual account openings, telephone calls, emails, and inquiries as we welcomed tens of thousands of new savers. We’re heartened that so many UK households are saving and getting a rewarding rate of interest. We’re now working through the contact backlog. If you still have an outstanding issue and would like a personal response to your query, please follow us on Facebook and send us a private message so that we can contact you directly. Please make sure it’s a private message and you don’t publish your personal information for all to see. Best wishes!