Avanti Travel Insurance Travel Insurance Reviews

Do you buy travel insurance before going abroad? There are hundreds of different travel insurance policies on the market, all designed to help you stay protected while travelling...and giving you piece of mind, whether you're enjoying a sun swept beach or on an adverture-packed holiday. But with so many different policies to choose from, finding the right policy for you can be quite confusing. Reading our Avanti Travel Care travel insurance reviews can help you find out what other travellers have to say. You can also write your Avanti Travel Care travel insurance review too!

Avanti Travel Insurance Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Travel Insurance Reviews

Review Avanti Travel Insurance's Travel Insurance now

Client for two years and all calls promptly dealt with …. Website easy….all usual medical questions…..and standard disclaimers!

Reviewed on 30th July 2021
tonyleyland45@gmail.com's avatar
tonyleyland45@gmail.com

Complete rip off.

My holiday was cancelled due to corona virus epidemic. Can't get refund of this company. Give them the miss. They are a complete rip off.

Reviewed on 5th January 2021
Wal's avatar
Wal

the bigest con ever dont buy insurance from

im an 80 year oid pensioner i payed over £100 i had to cancel this insurance never made a claim i was told that i could have a creditnote but no money back witch i could do with this is a con take it from me you wont get any thing back form this company the only star i would give them is 00000

Reviewed on 9th October 2020
1939c's avatar
1939c

..and still waitng wiht no response from this insurance company at all

...and still waiting from some one to respond to claim submitted. They don't even send an email to say it is being looked at, nothing, using COVID 19 as excuse which I do appreciate has caused major issues. However they are soon to take your money when taking a policy out then leave you stranded when you need help. Would have given a zero star given the option except I cant'!

Reviewed on 17th May 2020
Mrs S's avatar
Mrs S

Avoid...terrible customer service if you need to claim

Please be aware that most of these 5* reviews are only given on taking policies out and how easy it is. The real truth comes to when you try to claim on your policy. Firstly you won't be able to get through on the phone line, you then message on their site and they don't respond. You then email and weeks and weeks later you get an email to say it is being looked at. 10 weeks later, still waiting, it is very clear they are trying not to pay out when a claim is made. I will be referring this company to the Ombudsman. They are very quick to take your money and that's about all they offer....BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 12th May 2020
Mrs S's avatar
Mrs S

Professional and helpful guidance for my husband who has medical conditions

We would like to take this opportunity to thank Lynne in your Glasgow office. Superb service without pressure to purchase. She guided us through our options which would ensure that our policy would meet our requirements. My husband needed cover for two pre existing conditions. We now feel that we are able to travel with appropriate cover at a price that was very competitive. Thank you Lynne for superb service. A anti are very fortunate to have you as part of their team. Happy New Year.

Reviewed on 31st December 2019
Jackie Buttery's avatar
Jackie Buttery

Beware of hidden traps....

....that could leave you with no cover for any of your declared medical... Read more

....that could leave you with no cover for any of your declared medical conditions.

Prior to the medical assessment section is the sentence: “If you .... are awaiting surgery, or are awaiting to be discharged from post-operative checks then please call our specialist team free on 0808 281 3840 to discuss your quote.”

What they don’t tell you is that if, during the period of your insurance, you develop a condition which needs surgery, Avanti would, most probably, remove cover, not just for that condition, but for all declared conditions, leaving you with the option of travelling without cover or cancelling your holiday!

My husband is waiting for a very simple, non-urgent procedure akin to freezing and scraping off a mole. I ticked that he was awaiting “surgery”, no warning flashed up that they would not provide cover. I was then provided with a quote and invited to “buy now.” No warning anywhere, so it was reasonable to assume that he would be covered.

Fortunately I had a few questions about so telephoned. In the ensuing conversation about another issue, the agent just happened to mention that anyone on a waiting list would not be covered for any of their declared medical conditions!

Other companies make clear if they will not provide cover for anyone on a waiting list. The rep. told me there are some ops that are exceptions, but he wouldn’t give me examples, and if something as simple as the mole removal procedure doesn’t pass muster, then I can’t imagine what would.

I shudder to think that I could so easily have clicked to buy, and only found out he was not covered for any condition if/when we were away and needed medical assistance! So right up the creek without a paddle!

Appalling attitude lacking total honesty.

Reviewed on 6th October 2019
Cas's avatar
Cas

The best app

The best customer service in the world

Reviewed on 4th January 2019
Vasile Valentin Dumitriu's avatar
Vasile Valentin Dumitriu

Rip off merchants

Horrible company. My policy only cost £115.00 for an annual worldwide and because later on I was put on a cholesterol tablet they wanted another £112.00 with only 5 months remaining on the policy. A complete rip off

Reviewed on 21st May 2018
Kerry Champion Owen's avatar
Kerry Champion Owen

Excellent service and very good value

Obtained via website which was clear and explanatory. Took advantage of a discount so more than happy

Reviewed on 30th November 2017
Doug Chalmers's avatar
Doug Chalmers

Quick and simple to arrange

Standard form to fill in. Immediately gave me very competitive quotes for 3 levels of cover. A phone call to ask further questions was answered quickly and gave me the information needed.

Reviewed on 30th November 2017
Pam Nye's avatar
Pam Nye

1st time application

The webb site very easy to use, step by step instruction clear & simple to follow.

Reviewed on 28th November 2017
Doreen Broadfoot's avatar
Doreen Broadfoot

GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY TRAVEL INSURANCE

FIRST TIME TO BUY INSURANCE FROM THIS COMPANY BUT I'M SURE IT WILL BE A GOOD INSURANCE COMPANY...

Reviewed on 26th November 2017
Thomas Hogg's avatar
Thomas Hogg

very quick and easy to use

We have been looking for travel insurance for a while and Avanti seemed to tick all the boxes of what we needed at a very compatible price thank you.

Reviewed on 26th November 2017
Jackie's avatar
Jackie

Excellent value for money

I have purchased from Avanti for the last three years and found them to be not only competitive but fantastic value for money. I will be buying from them again in 2018!

Reviewed on 16th November 2017
Aly's avatar
Aly

One of the few to insure us

As easy as any other to obtain a quote

Reviewed on 15th November 2017

Reviewed on 13th November 2017
COLIN WILSON's avatar
COLIN WILSON

Great cover.

Great cover at affordable price. Excellent!

Reviewed on 26th October 2017
Janet Jalil's avatar
Janet Jalil

easy way for insureance

very easy rep very knowledgeable about what was required and when I have had to get back to Avanti as I'd given the wrong email they were very helpful to put the correct one in place

Reviewed on 25th October 2017
Dave Hayes's avatar
Dave Hayes

Straight forward

I liked how the website was easy to follow and especially for a cruise. Also it was very clear when detailing any medical declaration.

Reviewed on 19th October 2017