The Co-operative Bank Credit Card Reviews

The Co-operative Bank Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do The Co-operative Bank customers like? Find out more about the The Co-operative Bank Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own The Co-operative Bank Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Good

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Credit Card Reviews

Review The Co-operative Bank's Credit Card now

Good service

I like this bank never had problems

Reviewed on 28th January 2022
Patricia Grace O'Donnell's avatar
Patricia Grace O'Donnell

Good bog standard credit card

If you pay off your bill each month, don’t want lots of hard sell and you don’t want lots of hassle then this is the card for you.

Reviewed on 23rd January 2022
kenneth shuttlewood's avatar
kenneth shuttlewood

can't cancel lost card online, long wait for phone

Been with coop about 15 years and probably speak on phone once to twice a year. the wait times seem to have got longer over time. A few weeks (Jul 21) back i misplaced my card and needed to cancel it. the phone line wait was over 30 minutes so i went t Read more

Been with coop about 15 years and probably speak on phone once to twice a year. the wait times seem to have got longer over time. A few weeks (Jul 21) back i misplaced my card and needed to cancel it. the phone line wait was over 30 minutes so i went to the website as the recorded message suggested to use the chat feature. Chat was not available and nor was there any way to cancel you card online. I eventually had to submit a request through a general query form.

It took 3 or 4 days to process this and was not clear what had happened as my online account had now totally gone!

I this time waited in the queue ~20 mins and once I got thorugh the staff member explained what had happened very clearly and reassured me. However I do thin this shoudl have been clearer and easier from the website if it is going to take a long time to get thru on phone. Management should either improve the website offering and/or increase the number of help staff to take calls. those they have are very good.

Reviewed on 31st August 2021
Simon Davis's avatar
Simon Davis

Excellent Bank

I have always been treated with the greatest of respect and courtesy, the customer service team are excellent. I would always recommend the cooperative bank to people.

Reviewed on 14th April 2021
Grandma's avatar
Grandma

Online use is a bid waste of time

Numerous time now of card rendered unusable after trying to use online and can take over 24 hours to sort out. To get it sorted out can take up to one and a half hours on the phone to start the procedure. I have had a Co op card for many years for ethic Read more

I have had a Co op card for many years for ethical reasons but now it is getting to the stage now it is unusable online.

Reviewed on 30th December 2020
Chris H's avatar
Chris H

Online nightmare !

I am adaptable to change, but what the hell!!! Who on EARTH thought they would IMPROVE the online banking to make it practically impossible to use? I have had several attempts to see if I can navigate my way around ... its im-bloody-possible!! I simply Read more

I am adaptable to change, but what the hell!!! Who on EARTH thought they would IMPROVE the online banking to make it practically impossible to use? I have had several attempts to see if I can navigate my way around ... its im-bloody-possible!! I simply have not got the time to try and work it out, it will be quicker to wait until the paper statements arrive. Looking for a new business account now.

Reviewed on 30th July 2020
Ticketyboo's avatar
Ticketyboo

NOT customer led ethical Bank!

After 30 years of being a customer with no problem ever paying back credit , this customer led ethical bank has slashed my credit card limit by 80% within a week of sending a letter with no explanation! Even their own customer services team could give me Read more

After 30 years of being a customer with no problem ever paying back credit , this customer led ethical bank has slashed my credit card limit by 80% within a week of sending a letter with no explanation! Even their own customer services team could give me no reason other than saying they can do this within their terms and conditions.
This is whilst pushing out rubbish marketing nonsense about caring for customers and wanting to help where possible in this pandemic!!! Couldn't have been less helpful at a time when everyone only takes credit cards!
Thanks alot Co-op bank...really feel valued after 30years.!

Reviewed on 28th July 2020
DavidOxford's avatar
DavidOxford

Brilliant service

On the rare occasions I have to contact the bank I always find the staff friendly and knowledgeable. They understand why I am calling without my having to tell them repeatedly and they always get the matter resolved very quickly.

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
David Scooby Jones's avatar
David Scooby Jones

Zopa has more experience about customers Services

Zopa aims help more people about financial problems

Reviewed on 8th February 2020
Guy Roger Lengo 's avatar
Guy Roger Lengo

GOOD SERVICE

HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH MY CREDIT CARD EXCEPT IT SUDDENLY STOPPED BEING AN OXFAM CREDIT CARD WITHOUT WARNING ME

Reviewed on 23rd November 2019
DAVID FRENCH's avatar
DAVID FRENCH

Look elsewhere

You have soo many choices these days. Don't even consider coop. They are not worth the loyalty

Reviewed on 14th November 2019
Rib's avatar
Rib

Just pretty useless really

I have just closed my credit card… I have just closed my credit card account after 7 years. The Coop do have some plus points, the front line customer support is always pleasant for instance (hence 2 stars and not 1). However they seem to simply lack Read more

I have just closed my credit card…

I have just closed my credit card account after 7 years. The Coop do have some plus points, the front line customer support is always pleasant for instance (hence 2 stars and not 1). However they seem to simply lack the systems and skill to provide an effective service. Having joined them specifically because they supported Save the Children, you would have expected to have been told when your card no longer did that?...Apparently not.
You would expect them to recognize that payments were not arriving late when they had mistakenly recorded two payments in one month. Apparently not. At the very least you would have expected an apology when (after lots of phone calls) they recognized the error... Apparently not.
Finally, when you have a faultless payment record and exemplary credit rating you would not expect your credit limit to be reduced by 95%...Apparently not. Even if this did happen you would expect them to be able to tell you why...wouldn't you?...Apparently not.
Finally so annoyed I left for another supplier, who gave me nearly twice the credit limit I previously had with the Coop...in about 90 seconds!
So in a nutshell...The Co-operative Bank: worth becoming one of their customers...APPARENTLY NOT!

Reviewed on 16th October 2019
Nigel Gross's avatar
Nigel Gross

After 40 years I have to leave these cowboys!

I have banked with the co-op since turning 16 years of age (40 years ago). Never been overdrawn in my life, no defaults ever with ANY lender, never missed a mortgage payment, top credit score with all agencies and have had for many years. I cancelled a Cr Read more

I have banked with the co-op since turning 16 years of age (40 years ago). Never been overdrawn in my life, no defaults ever with ANY lender, never missed a mortgage payment, top credit score with all agencies and have had for many years. I cancelled a Credit Card with Barclays and thought I would use my lifelong bank as they ALWAYS ask me to take out a credit card whenever I use phone banking. I asked for a modest credit limit (about equal to 1 months salaries paid into the bank and have been declined with no reason. I checked with he credit agencies as they suggested in their letter rejecting me, yet I have an "excellent" credit rating with all of them. My current account never has less than the credit limit in it as well. I only asked for a modest credit limit (less than half of the size of the Barclays account I had cancelled. After being messed about on the phone for two weeks now and still no reasons for the decline, I have decided to leave after 40 years with the bank. I cannot continue to deal with a company that can't even give me a simple logical reason for declining a trivial credit limit card and they apparently do not either value that loyalty or care that I am leaving. If you are thinking of using Coop bank for anything, I would suggest you look elsewhere because they clearly have zero loyalty or respect for long standing customers. I am surprised they can afford to lose customers with their well publicised financial irregularities and worrying solvency!

Reviewed on 15th April 2019
John's avatar
John

Cash back if you are a co op member.

Cash back if you are a co op member.

Reviewed on 8th November 2018
Ken Shuttlewood's avatar
Ken Shuttlewood

Easy to use and excellent customer service

A high quality bank that never fails to deliver the service I look for in a bank and a credit card.

Reviewed on 10th April 2018
Chris Davies's avatar
Chris Davies

COOP

The CoOp bank have the best service and the best credit card. I have been with them for 35 year and will never change.

Reviewed on 10th February 2018
Keith Dixon's avatar
Keith Dixon

Great!

Great product, and fantastic customer service

Reviewed on 15th November 2017
Joseph Smith's avatar
Joseph Smith

Used to be good

Ok for emergency purchases would think that being a current account customer the rate would be better and you would get their cheapest deals without having to apply

Reviewed on 31st May 2017
Brian Mawby's avatar
Brian Mawby

Good rates and good customer service

No hidden fees, good online banking service and telephone customer services

Uploaded on 2nd May 2017

Excellent Service and Bank

Always quality and supportive staff in banks, supported over the phone with any needs I've had. A+

Reviewed on 3rd April 2017