Yorkshire Bank Reviews

Yorkshire Bank believe that a bank should always play its part in its community and the customer should always be at the very centre of Yorkshire Bank. Smart Money People is the place for Yorkshire Bank reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Yorkshire Bank Review Insight

Top Age Profile: 65+

Top Channel Preference: Branch

Great customer service

All round good bank - great app for current account which is so easy to use. Friendly staff there if you need them

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
dhew57's avatar
dhew57

Business Banking

Callous & Uncaring Covid-19 Attitude!

I operate a small limited company in the travel/leisure/sports industry and like everyone else was forced to stop taking bookings in March 2020 due to... Read more

I operate a small limited company in the travel/leisure/sports industry and like everyone else was forced to stop taking bookings in March 2020 due to Covid-19.

Prior to Covid-19 this was a viable little online business that had operated successfully for over 20 years.

During the Covid-19 pandemic our company overdraft (with Yorkshire Bank) has managed to keep pace with our various fixed costs to keep going (bank charges, interest, insurance, hosting, internet, sagepay, overdraft fees etc).

Yesterday our Yorkshire Bank account finally reached its £5K limit and the bank are now bouncing all direct debits and standing orders.

Over the next few months, if we believe anything our government is saying, business may pick back up again... or crash... who knows?

Yesterday, 4th June 2021, I spoke to Yorkshire Bank to see if they would allow my company just £300 per month extra on our overdraft for a couple of months to see if the supposed opening up of the economy and easing of Covid-19 restrictions happens and bookings restart...

They wouldn't budge... and are just continuing to pile on their charges whilst bouncing any DD/SO's that would keep my company alive. I told them they will simply collapse the company for the sake of a few hundred pounds, but they wouldn't budge.

An uncaring company... now part of Virgin Money... Doesn't deserve 1 Star! Thanks Richard Branson...

Reviewed on 5th June 2021
John Bartlett's avatar
John Bartlett

Cash ISA

Excellent Customer Service, Good Products, Competitive Interest Rates

My 3 yr Fixed rate Isa matured in January 2020. - 2.2% interest rate was very competitive. Advisers are always very pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
Louli's avatar
Louli

Yorkshire's Great Bank

I have banked with the Yorkshire Bank for many years and in that time, the staff have always been, friendly , professional and informative.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Ally's avatar
Ally

Worst bank ever

Don’t go near this bank. Bad staff. bad online. Never can get through on phone. We have a credit card with them that’s never been used or left the house and as now been hacked. Not sure how? Can l get through to anybody NO. If l listed all the trouble we have had with them l would need all night. We have no money with them anymore & will be closing all empty accounts in the morning.

Reviewed on 8th March 2021
Isn's avatar
Isn

Business Banking

Good understanding of current needs and excellent service

Reviewed on 5th March 2021
Daniel Lloyd's avatar
Daniel Lloyd

Faster Payments ???????

Banked with them for over 20 years. Business Account is taking over 24 hours to clear INCOMING regular Faster Payments like Standing Orders. Little clocks next to these payments saying 'Still going through' - The bank have tried to assure me these are Cleared Funds. Absolute Bollox.

I'm paying contractors some mornings and the live feed on the Business Account APP isn't updating until lunch time.

I can't even reconcile the account because the live balance isn't correct. 5+ month and an official complaint later and the bank have washed there hands of any responsibility....

Off the the Financial Ombudsman we go.............Shambles

Reviewed on 3rd February 2021
Alistair Oswin's avatar
Alistair Oswin

Garbage bank

Since virgin money have taken over they have gone downhill RAPIDLY I’ve had to get the ombudsman involved twice and both times found in my favour.

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
Paul's avatar
Paul

Snails move quicker than Yorkshire Bank

I should have read the reviews 85% give Yorkshire Bank 1 Star rating on Trustpilot they cant all be wrong. I switched from RBS some 8 weeks ago and am still waiting for Yorkshire Bank to open a currency and savings account. My Euro account is frozen with RBS as it is no longer linked to a current account, my only option is to move it to a new currency account with Yorkshire Bank and I am unable to issue any Euro invoices as I do not have bank account details for payments. If I could switch back I would do. HEED THE REVIEWS

Reviewed on 2nd September 2020
Martin Taylor's avatar
Martin Taylor

Business Banking

Poor internet banking, poor customers service

The internet system is slow, clunky and often unresponsive. I've tried 3 times to talk to a business account adviser, with no success. When we first started banking with YB things were much, much better.

Reviewed on 26th August 2020
Diane 's avatar
Diane

Gold Credit Card

excellent

great product matched to my needs

Reviewed on 11th June 2020
stuart carroll's avatar
stuart carroll

Business Banking

You let your business customers down.

Other banks are authorising bounce back loans in a couple of hours. You've had my application for 4 days and no update, no person to speak to about it, emails no answered. In a time of crisis then you should be helping your business customers not hindering them.

Reviewed on 7th May 2020
Gary Peacock's avatar
Gary Peacock

Current Account

Great Bank, Great Service!

I have been with Yorkshire Bank since I had a children's account and their customer service regarding my current account has been nothing short of exceptional throughout the 10+ years I have been with them. It is, however, a shame that there are no physical branches in London as I now find it difficult to do anything which requires a physical presence.

Reviewed on 3rd May 2020
Melissa's avatar
Melissa

a great bank

Yorkshire Bank gave us a loan to buy our small guest house. We only had to repay in the four summer months when we made our income and repayments were well within our range.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
Margaret Akel's avatar
Margaret Akel

Helped me with fraud

My card was stolen and used fraudulently, I phoned Yorkshire bank, the first CSR told me that it wasn't fraud because the person had used my PIN. I told him this was impossible as my PIN I not written down and nobody else knows it. Still he insisted the PIN was used.
After an hour of confusion I chatted to an online representative, who confirmed that the payments were made via contactless and to phone up again.
I phoned again and another rep this time confirmed it was contactless and definitely fraud, 5 days later I have a new card and the money has been refunded.
While I am happy to get it sorted I feel like if I hadn't have pursued them they would have just ignored my fraud report.
Very disappointed with the customer service in this case and also the overdraft fees are pure extortion of the poor.

Reviewed on 8th February 2020
Ste's avatar
Ste

Fab service at Yorkshire Bank

I’ve been a customer here for years and whenever I need help their customer service team is so polite and helpful!

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Sophia Tennant Hosein's avatar
Sophia Tennant Hosein

Easy to manage

Great online banking and customer service

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
James Thompson's avatar
James Thompson

Current Account

Nice banking experience since 2 years.

I have been using Yorkshire bank since 2 years now and it is my primary bank. It’s awesome and I love the services that’s been offered.

Reviewed on 6th February 2020
Noman Malik's avatar
Noman Malik

Modern banking

Since they introduced their webchat facility via online banking, i can quickly and easily get any queries answered. Great work keeping up to date with the modern day customer

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
Amie J's avatar
Amie J

Call centre in Scotland

There are about as Yorkshire as a kilt

Reviewed on 24th January 2020