Hastings Direct Reviews

Ratings based on 431 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Hastings Direct reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about what it's like to have an insurance policy with Hastings Direct. Smart Money People is the UK's independent financial services review site. Read and write Hastings Direct reviews, and together we can help to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Hastings Direct Review Insight

AVOID

... Read more

Wrote off my car and Gave me a pathetic amount , well short of the ‘real world ‘ going rate. Took no notice of the significant work Id done to my vehicle before someone crashed in to the back of me
Had the cheek to then charge me £27 to change detaiks after it was them that wrote my car off

Reviewed on 12th October 2021
Peter Brooks's avatar
Peter Brooks

Very easy and straightforward

The process of getting the loan was very easy, it only took a few minutes to apply and be sent the documentation. Already a straightforward and time efficient process.

Reviewed on 11th October 2021
Lee Goredema 's avatar
Lee Goredema

Shocking

HastingsDirect bumped up my insurance to £230 per month without telling me, (apparently I clicked auto renew)so once I cancelled within my cooling of period they returned the payment which was fine… they have since taken another payment of £230 per month and are refusing to pay it back stating I owe them. A complete mess that’s pushed me into an overdraft when I followed the correct procedure.

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
gerry o halloran's avatar
gerry o halloran

Fast & easy

Offered a loan at a good rate and fast payiut

Reviewed on 20th September 2021

conquest house,
34 Collington Ave,
Bexhill-on-Sea TN39 3LW

Dear Sir
I am writing again as I do not seem to be getting through to your company
I started a complaint with your company, and they failed to resolver, so I have been to resolver it get it sorted out .
My problems started in 22/04.2021 when I could not access my detail as they had the policy number you can see this from the resolver case file.
When I emailed for help, this fell upon deaf ears, so I tried calling on the telephone I was pushed round your systems put on hold and in the end just dropped .
I needed to contact you to tell you I have sold the car and now have another, believe me I tried and tried but to no avail
So I went to one call for my insurance, they were only too happy to help
I was left with the problem of your company not talking to me.
The resolver case run to end as no answers were made by your company and the case has now been passed to the insurance ombudsman I am now thinking I will contact Financial Conduct Authority via ABI your regulator as I can not let this continue.
I now find you have renewed my insurance without checking with me and taken money from my account and I did write to you and told you could not access my data as I want nothing more to do with you your company however does what it wants .
I contacted the Police, they seemed not very interested in my case, I will however will push it.
I will be posting this to you as a mater of curtsey
I will list the details I will be pressing for

1 failed to deal with any aspect of my complaint

2 I was unable to use your system because you have not put the right details in it

3 You have not refunded any money as you have sold me goods not fit for service

4 you have taken money from my account Stolen I use that term as I sill have a active complaint with you and the insurance ombudsman so why would I renew any policy with you.

5 You did not check I was still entitled to drive when you took the money I may have been disqualified or had heath issues that means you have not paid due diligence

All I wanted was to get rid of your rubbish service now I am faced with taken legal redress in the small claims court and social media.

When I complained about the money taken from my account you answer was unacceptable, I shall be posting you and I hope you want to avoid me taking acction in the courts

Reviewed on 13th September 2021
Roderick Hood's avatar

No customer service

Great until you need your no claims bonus sending. Called twice and both times advised it would be sent but nothing

Reviewed on 25th August 2021
Keith Davies's avatar
Keith Davies

Professional.

Highly recommended for a hassle free professional service throughout. Would definitely consider Hastings in the future.

Reviewed on 23rd August 2021
Carmel Wilkinson's avatar
Carmel Wilkinson

Straightforward and good rates

Really easy process and lowest rates I could find. Would definitely use again.

Reviewed on 23rd August 2021
Ginny Flynn's avatar
Ginny Flynn

Awful awful cowboys

Change a policy at their own whim with vague and open terms and conditions. Extorting me of over £300!

Reviewed on 6th August 2021
Admx 23's avatar
Admx 23

Easy process.

Very easy process. Went via clear score, got pre-approved and had the funds within 3 working days. Easiest process I've had for a loan.

Reviewed on 2nd August 2021
Ry's avatar
Ry

Personal loan

excellent service with fantastic rates, very happy, would definitely recommend

Mark Edwards's avatar
Mark Edwards

Personal Loans

Quick process and funds in account within a few days.

Application process was easy, was able to sign documents online reducing the processing time, the money was in my account within a few days. Would highly recommend for a quick stress free process.

Julie's avatar
Julie

Terrible

I payed for a yearly car insurance policy staring in March 2021. Shortly after a received tab which monitors your driving and, depending on how good your driving is, I believe gets you cheaper rates the following year. Sounds like a good idea. However I had no idea that this tab was part of the policy - I just chose the cheapest insurance cost as many do. I guess it was in the small print. Regardless, I set up the tab as instructed. Within a couple of weeks I was receiving emails saying that there was an issue with the tab and that my insurance would be cancelled. Phoned up Hastings and the customer service agent told me it was a mistake on their end and the tab was working fine. A couple of weeks later I started receiving the same emails claiming there was a problem with threats of policy cancellation. As this was a busy time I forgot to contact them in time and the policy was cancelled after 5 months of an annual policy. They wouldn’t reactivate it and I had to start the search on insurance comparison sites again looking for a new yearly policy which was difficult as I had to find the funds for an extra 5 months. It’s just not worth the hassle. If you want to pay for an insurance policy and then not have to dealer the it again for around 12 months until you have to renew again , don’t go with Hastings direct.

Rory Gosling's avatar
Rory Gosling

Home Insurance

Terrible

Bought a house insurance to cover building and content. When I tried to claim for a cracked and chipped toilet bowl after accidentally dropping a glass perfume bottle in it, I was advised this was not covered at all by neither content or building insurance. This was after 5 days of communication (!) Having disseminated the policy for both, I uncovered that I had paid for a very expensive document that was not worth the paper it was written on. I immediately cancelled it and went back to my old trusted insurer despite being more expensive. PLEASE don't make the same mistake as I did and waste your time or money! Hastings Direct are only a broker not the insurer. The only people benefitting are Hastings.

Reviewed on 16th July 2021

Reviewed on 16th July 2021
vs8864's avatar
vs8864

Easy hassle free

No problems great company easy to apply easy to use fast service

Reviewed on 10th July 2021
Stephen miles's avatar
Stephen miles

Great price and easy to use

So simple to use and best price. Great company go Hastings

Carrie's avatar
Carrie

Great price and easy to use

Gave me a better rate than most other lenders and was so simple, I now have my insurance and car loan with them

Carrie's avatar
Carrie

Car Insurance

People need to be warned about Hastings Direct...

I feel that I have received absolutely awful customer service from... Read more

I feel that I have received absolutely awful customer service from Hastings.

I have never had an accident before, and we all hope that we will never have to use our car insurers, but that if we ever do it will be a simple process (words used by Hastings themselves when I called)...that is what we pay for after all.

Unfortunately I had an accident in May and the process was anything but simple, thanks to the failings of Hastings. To start off with my number was taken down incorrectly by the call handler (despite re-confirming the correct number) and I was left waiting by the roadside for over 6 hours. There was no where around for me to walk to get a drink/food or any toilets within walking distance. I waited so long for help that I actually ended up in a humiliating situation (I don't want to share exactly what due to privacy, but Hastings are aware of what happened).

Hastings have been awful from start to finish. I even gave my correct contact number to the person dealing with my complaint, yet it was still wrong on Hastings system. I didn't realise this until I received an email weeks later, asking why I hadn't responded to the valuation offer. I rang to update my number and later that day I received the texts that I should have received on the day of the accident. Bringing back the awful memory. My accident was on the 22nd of May and I received the texts on the 15th of June!!

I have been contacted daily by Hastings to ask why I haven't accepted the valuation offer for my vehicle, despite me ringing to explain I was waiting for my complaint to be reviewed first and sending several emails to explain the same thing, with no response from Hastings whatsoever, just the same call every single day asking if I had received the valuation offer.

The person dealing with my complaint even replied to say that I had given the wrong number to the call handler, however the number they said I gave incorrectly IS my correct number!

The last email I received from Hastings was from the person dealing with my complaint, who assured me that the added information I gave would be looked into. I discovered when ringing to chase this up after hearing nothing, that Hastings had closed my complaint without telling me and without reaching a conclusion. I even rang Hastings and spoke to someone to tell them why I wasn't accepting the valuation offer and they didn't tell me that my complaint had been closed either. The communication has been terrible between Hastings themselves and Hastings to myself.

I requested that Hastings absorb the remaining costs of my policy (which doesn't even equate to £250) due to their continued failings with my case, as I will not get a vehicle within the 30 day period they allow, but I have been informed that they cannot do this.

I would avoid in the future!!!! Worst customer service I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I am a nurse working through a stressful pandemic, and this was the very last thing I needed. It's the last thing that anyone needs, which is why I'm sharing my experience. Take care everyone ❤

Robyn Miller's avatar
Robyn Miller

Car Insurance

I would not recommend Hastings to my worst enemys.

Unable to renew for next year . I called them up and I was told my details are changed . (NO) I was told to go use another insurance company .

Reviewed on 28th June 2021