Admiral Reviews

Ratings based on 14,007 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Admiral Insurance reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about life as an Admiral customer. If you have experience of Admiral, write your Admiral review today. With your reviews, we can increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Admiral Review Insight

Car Insurance

Totally incompetent and unacceptable service

I pay a lot of money for my admiral policy. When I did claim for an accident that I was not at fault ( not even in the car for) for I found their entire claims system very hard to use. I was told several times people would not talk to me on the phone and I should use the online service despite me telling them that there was no online option for what I needed. When I did get through I was out on hold for over 15 minutes at a time several times. They then tried to write my car off without assessing it and told me ‘they didn’t know the procedure for what to do otherwise’. I was then eventually told they would take it to a garage and that my excess would not be payable and that I would not have my no claims bonus affected. 3 hours after the car had been picked up they phoned me to arrange pick up and then claimed to have no idea where the car had been taken.
I was then not contacted for over a week until I eventually called them when i was told it had been deemed a total loss the week before but no one had bothered to call me. I was then told at that point they would deduct my excess from the value of the car and refused to give me any aid in claiming my excess back from the other company.

Overall I have found their service completley incompetent and unacceptable, I will not be renewing with them and would not recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Alicia Howell's avatar
Alicia Howell

Car Insurance

Rip off to make changes to your policy

Like most insurance companies they are fine until you actually need something. Getting a policy was easy and a reasonable price which i paid for in one go.... Read more

Eight months into my policy i changed my car for one with a higher insurance group. Naturally you expect to pay a little more for this, however admiral wanted me to pay an extra £143 pounds.

When added to the £411, I had already paid, would of meant that i have, in total, paid admiral a whole year of car insurance, for the car that cost more to insure, despite the fact i would only be driving it for 4 months of my policy.

When i tried to complain i was told the difference in price was because the new car is a higher insurance group. I have already told admiral that i have no issue with it being more to insure.

My issue is that I am going to end up paying the equivalent of 12 months insurance on a more expensive car, despite driving a cheaper car for 8 months of the policy but admiral cannot seem to understand this. So last time i will be using them.

Reviewed on 31st March 2021
Jake 's avatar
Jake

Car Finance

Quick & easy straight forward

Quick and easy. No hustle. Apply and drive away next days.

Reviewed on 26th February 2021
Ann Wynn's avatar
Ann Wynn

Awful Service. Incompetent Advisors. TRIED TO RIP ME OFF

When my car insurance was going to renew, I spoke with a telephone advisor to get several different quotes (I wanted to compare how much my insurance would cost with/without black box, when I change address, If I changed jobs, IF I changed my annual miles etc). The guy I spoke to was nice, he assured me nothing would change until i had confirmed any of the above, but my policy did change. My details were changed without my knowledge and as a result my insurance went up by £100! I called back to complain and a different advisor couldn't help me. She didn't understand what had happened and couldn't answer any of my questions (questions that the previous advisor could). She made me answer hundred of questions then gave me the same quote after an hour. Was a total waste of time. So I decided to leave Admiral and go elsewhere - I found MUCH cheaper insurance with someone else with ALL of the benefits that Admiral were offering WITHOUT a box.

What makes it worse is Admiral have never got in touch to tell me when they will remove the box. They don't insure me anymore. They tried calling me ONCE and I couldn't take the call so they never called again. OH. and the had the audacity to write me letters asking why I had cancelled my direct debit to them even though they didn't insure me any more and my account was 100% paid! It's been a horrible experience and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 21st February 2021
MC1's avatar
MC1

Poor customer service

Poor customer service when cancelling the policy due to a house move. Better off using another company.

Reviewed on 9th February 2021
David's avatar
David

Car Insurance

Fantastic service when renewing my policy with Gareth!

I spoke to a lovely chap called Gareth in the Renewals team 30/01/2021. They lowered my renewal offer by over £200 and even though I am now still paying £5 a month more than the cheapest quote I got through Compare the Market, I thought Gareth's brilliant service and enthusiasm throughout this process made me decide it was worth the extra £5 a month to stay with them. I also think the Admiral App is brilliant and I did unfortunately have to deal with an accident I had last year and they were extremely helpful then too! This is now my third year with them and I highly recommend!

Reviewed on 30th January 2021
James Fields's avatar
James Fields

Great Insurance Solutions

This is my second year with Admiral and I am still impressed. They helped me alter my insurance choices. I have had no issues with service

Reviewed on 30th January 2021
pattyyoung@virginmedia.com's avatar
pattyyoung@virginmedia.com

Utter disgrace

I've just moved home and my other Insurers (house and van) changed the correspondence address without charge but not Admiral who wanted £25 to change it on the phone / £9.50 online! At least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

Reviewed on 22nd January 2021
reg's avatar
reg

Plainly dishonest

Horrible to deal with, standby for over an hour on hold before talking to an unfriendly , pre-programed customer representative. blatantly dishonest policies , no hope on a fair pay out. Really obnoxious staff, whom live to be unhelpful and stop a pay out. Just a total unfriendly, unpleasant company

Reviewed on 6th December 2020
P Gavin's avatar
P Gavin

Unfairly increased 20% of insurance after two months of renewal

Very disappointed with the Admiral car insurance and because of their unfair decision, I cancelled my insurance with them. I had multicar insurance from last 2 years, cancelled one a month back as one car was sold. Now suddenly they increased my insurance by 20% on the basis of their unfair decision and also asking for £30 changes fee that I have not asked for. I still have 10 months left on my insurance. Spoke to their customer service team member that was totally useless. Cancelled my insurance immediately as don't want to be with such company and paid £55 for cancellation charges. They are just finding the reasons to get the money back that they refunded to their customer back in April.

Reviewed on 2nd December 2020
Yasin's avatar
Yasin

Faultless customer service

Faultless customer service - fantastic online and offline! I love the 'My Account' feature which allows you to view your policies online, and make quick changes and download your documents whenever you like. You can also change your payment methods and see offers. When I rang to ask a question about renewal I got an instant pick up and renewed with a £60 discount on the online price through asking just a few questions. Really excellent and helpful service.

Reviewed on 6th November 2020
Charlotte B's avatar
Charlotte B

Home Insurance

Words of warning for potential new customers

As a loyal customer, with no claim history, I have seen their policy increase in cost by 262% since 2017, a period of just over three... Read more

As a loyal customer, with no claim history, I have seen their policy increase in cost by 262% since 2017, a period of just over three years.

We decided to make a claim for damage to a TV and carpets after a near-fatal bleed, so filled in the relevant online documentation. We have recieved no guidance on how to proceed without having to constantly push and ask for information, which has been vague at best.

E-mail responses are currently taking in excess of three days to answer.
Telephone calls to their claims lines are 0333 numbers costing 12p/minute on VirginMedia landline. They are currently taking in excess of an hour to answer every call - that's £7.20 each time we call and we have been frequently cut off by their telephone system just seconds after getting to speak to an operator.

We have a new-for-old policy with full accidental damage cover and wanted to replace a 4-year-old curved damaged Samsung TV, which is no longer available and originally cost £799.99, ourselves. Admiral want us to either take a model we do not want, or accept just £450 towards the cost of a replacement.

Thanks Admiral - a very reassuring and compassionate service - As your adverts claim 'Always looking out for the customer' & 'Insurance for your home that you can trust'.

Reviewed on 28th October 2020
Adrian Kershaw's avatar
Adrian Kershaw

Scam, Worst Home insurance Company

I had a Home insurance nearly 2 years and I had a water escapes started on September and Admiral haven’t done anything to stop leaking water pipes and after 5 days my garden was flooded and finally Admiral asked me appoint a builder or joiner then they were happy to refund my fund and opened 2 different claims done the job for them, paid company, sent all invoice- trace and access work reports and photos but after 1 week Admiral decided burst water pipe is “Outdated, my back Garden doesn’t looks in my property for Admiral “ and they refused to pay my funding. The case is still going and as a loyal customer been here threatened like a comedy movie and instead to thanks me I done they jobs, they refused to my Claim. Absolutely terrible company, please be AWARE!!!!

Reviewed on 22nd October 2020
Hassan's avatar
Hassan

Very good !

My best choice about Admiral car insurance !

Reviewed on 29th September 2020
Mihai Dumitru's avatar
Mihai Dumitru

Missold telematics insurance

If I could rate them 0 stars I... Read more

If I could rate them 0 stars I would.
I took out a telematics policy and made sure I had business insurance and a significant number of business miles as I am a community nurse. I clarified this with the advisor on the phone before taking out the policy and they told me this was fine.
3 months down the line I am being penalised on their “telematics policy” for driving and parking away from home too much!
When I questioned this with them they tried to tell me that I was meant to this as they told me they would monitor my driving and that just because I took loads of business miles out that they couldn’t predict the future and know I was going to drive around a lot??!!
I don’t understand how they can let me take out and pay for loads of business miles on a telematics policy and then penalise me later for it, they should have told me this before I took out the policy!!
I have never had any trouble with other companies on a telematics policy and driving around for my job as a community nurse.
Poor customer service and missold me insurance!!!

Reviewed on 26th September 2020
Sophie McGregor's avatar
Sophie McGregor

Poorly organised

10 months after I switched from admiral they sent me a bill for £50. If that's how efficient they are with their own bills I'm glad I never had to put in a claim

Reviewed on 23rd September 2020
Ss's avatar
Ss

Car Insurance

Was super quick and easy to get a car insurance through themselves with no problems!

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Alex B's avatar
Alex B

Helpful and friendly

Easy to deal with, never had to make a claim. Price good for what you get.

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Victoria's avatar
Victoria

Competitive

They have always been responsive and beat competitors' quotes for renewal every year

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Alice Brewer's avatar
Alice Brewer

Home Insurance

Excellent price and customer service

I have found Admiral to be very quick to respond to any queries I've had, and their home contents insurance policy price was cheaper than all others.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020