Admiral Reviews

Ratings based on 14,002 reviews       Last review 1 month ago

Admiral Insurance reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about life as an Admiral customer. If you have experience of Admiral, write your Admiral review today. With your reviews, we can increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Admiral Review Insight

Plainly dishonest

Horrible to deal with, standby for over an hour on hold before talking to an unfriendly , pre-programed customer representative. blatantly dishonest policies , no hope on a fair pay out. Really obnoxious staff, whom live to be unhelpful and stop a pay out. Just a total unfriendly, unpleasant company

Reviewed on 6th December 2020
P Gavin's avatar
P Gavin

Unfairly increased 20% of insurance after two months of renewal

Very disappointed with the Admiral car insurance and because of their unfair decision, I cancelled my insurance with them. I had multicar insurance from last 2 years, cancelled one a month back as one car was sold. Now suddenly they increased my insurance by 20% on the basis of their unfair decision and also asking for £30 changes fee that I have not asked for. I still have 10 months left on my insurance. Spoke to their customer service team member that was totally useless. Cancelled my insurance immediately as don't want to be with such company and paid £55 for cancellation charges. They are just finding the reasons to get the money back that they refunded to their customer back in April.

Reviewed on 2nd December 2020
Yasin's avatar
Yasin

Faultless customer service

Faultless customer service - fantastic online and offline! I love the 'My Account' feature which allows you to view your policies online, and make quick changes and download your documents whenever you like. You can also change your payment methods and see offers. When I rang to ask a question about renewal I got an instant pick up and renewed with a £60 discount on the online price through asking just a few questions. Really excellent and helpful service.

Reviewed on 6th November 2020
Charlotte B's avatar
Charlotte B

Home Insurance

Words of warning for potential new customers

As a loyal customer, with no claim history, I have seen their policy increase in cost by 262% since 2017, a period of just over three... Read more

As a loyal customer, with no claim history, I have seen their policy increase in cost by 262% since 2017, a period of just over three years.

We decided to make a claim for damage to a TV and carpets after a near-fatal bleed, so filled in the relevant online documentation. We have recieved no guidance on how to proceed without having to constantly push and ask for information, which has been vague at best.

E-mail responses are currently taking in excess of three days to answer.
Telephone calls to their claims lines are 0333 numbers costing 12p/minute on VirginMedia landline. They are currently taking in excess of an hour to answer every call - that's £7.20 each time we call and we have been frequently cut off by their telephone system just seconds after getting to speak to an operator.

We have a new-for-old policy with full accidental damage cover and wanted to replace a 4-year-old curved damaged Samsung TV, which is no longer available and originally cost £799.99, ourselves. Admiral want us to either take a model we do not want, or accept just £450 towards the cost of a replacement.

Thanks Admiral - a very reassuring and compassionate service - As your adverts claim 'Always looking out for the customer' & 'Insurance for your home that you can trust'.

Reviewed on 28th October 2020
Adrian Kershaw's avatar
Adrian Kershaw

Scam, Worst Home insurance Company

I had a Home insurance nearly 2 years and I had a water escapes started on September and Admiral haven’t done anything to stop leaking water pipes and after 5 days my garden was flooded and finally Admiral asked me appoint a builder or joiner then they were happy to refund my fund and opened 2 different claims done the job for them, paid company, sent all invoice- trace and access work reports and photos but after 1 week Admiral decided burst water pipe is “Outdated, my back Garden doesn’t looks in my property for Admiral “ and they refused to pay my funding. The case is still going and as a loyal customer been here threatened like a comedy movie and instead to thanks me I done they jobs, they refused to my Claim. Absolutely terrible company, please be AWARE!!!!

Reviewed on 22nd October 2020
Hassan's avatar
Hassan

Very good !

My best choice about Admiral car insurance !

Reviewed on 29th September 2020
Mihai Dumitru's avatar
Mihai Dumitru

Missold telematics insurance

If I could rate them 0 stars I... Read more

If I could rate them 0 stars I would.
I took out a telematics policy and made sure I had business insurance and a significant number of business miles as I am a community nurse. I clarified this with the advisor on the phone before taking out the policy and they told me this was fine.
3 months down the line I am being penalised on their “telematics policy” for driving and parking away from home too much!
When I questioned this with them they tried to tell me that I was meant to this as they told me they would monitor my driving and that just because I took loads of business miles out that they couldn’t predict the future and know I was going to drive around a lot??!!
I don’t understand how they can let me take out and pay for loads of business miles on a telematics policy and then penalise me later for it, they should have told me this before I took out the policy!!
I have never had any trouble with other companies on a telematics policy and driving around for my job as a community nurse.
Poor customer service and missold me insurance!!!

Reviewed on 26th September 2020
Sophie McGregor's avatar
Sophie McGregor

Poorly organised

10 months after I switched from admiral they sent me a bill for £50. If that's how efficient they are with their own bills I'm glad I never had to put in a claim

Reviewed on 23rd September 2020
Ss's avatar
Ss

Car Insurance

Was super quick and easy to get a car insurance through themselves with no problems!

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Alex B's avatar
Alex B

Helpful and friendly

Easy to deal with, never had to make a claim. Price good for what you get.

Reviewed on 19th September 2020
Victoria's avatar
Victoria

Competitive

They have always been responsive and beat competitors' quotes for renewal every year

Alice Brewer's avatar
Alice Brewer

Home Insurance

Excellent price and customer service

I have found Admiral to be very quick to respond to any queries I've had, and their home contents insurance policy price was cheaper than all others.

Ben Berger's avatar
Ben Berger

Travel Insurance

Such a quick service and amazingly kind people.

Loww19's avatar
Loww19

Great product

Good price, cover and advice when needed.

JoJo Young's avatar
JoJo Young

Competitive rates, great Comms

Changed to Admiral purely based on price, but their communications have been clear and precise

Lesley J Batten's avatar
Lesley J Batten

Amazing service

Every person is so lovely and we have both cars and house under a multicover policy

Gemma Thomas's avatar
Gemma Thomas

Easy to purchase

Easy to purchase with very helpful staff though disappointed their system added £200 on when my car arrival date moved forward. Haven't claimed so not sure how easy process is

Reviewed on 16th September 2020
Verity's avatar
Verity

Good service

Multi car policy with Household Insurance too has given good discounts. Also refunding part premiums due to COVID is a good gesture.

SMS's avatar
SMS

Would recommend

Amazing I had alot of trouble with my previous insurer and eventually cancelled so I contacted admiral who helped me and found the best cover for me. Plus they constantly email with current situations and sometimes just a checking in email. Lovely.

Sabrina Nicholas's avatar
Sabrina Nicholas

Poor customer service

Late for renewal and poor customer service. Would not recommend

Ryan's avatar