Admiral Reviews

Ratings based on 15,490 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Admiral Insurance reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about life as an Admiral customer. If you have experience of Admiral, write your Admiral review today. With your reviews, we can increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Admiral Review Insight

Rip Off - They ignore you after accident

Rip Off - Worst insurance company ever. We have a comprehensive policy & someone crashed into our car while we where parked. Its been 19 days and Admiral have not bothered to organise repair or a courtesy car, they dont reply to emails or calls. Never use them or Elephant / Bell etc all their other trading names. Aweful company - will be reporting them to Insurance Ombudsman.

Reviewed on 10th January 2022
Aimen K's avatar
Aimen K

LittleBox

Gives little to no freedom and choice with your driving

Admiral little box expects a driver to simply use a car for a commute, nothing... Read more

Admiral little box expects a driver to simply use a car for a commute, nothing more.

If you attend college and want to pick up a friend on the way, you will be marked down for taking a longer route

If you drive more than 5 miles away from your named home address you will be accused of unnecessary driving

If you park in too many different places throughout the day, you will be marked with a bad score?!

I spend a long time attempting to correct bad scores, which penalized where I could go and spend time, and today was sent an email telling me that it wasn't good enough and they would like to cancel the insurance. All this despite me driving under all speed limits, braking and accelerating extremely smooth, and some days not even driving the car to keep admiral happy.

The way the scores are generated are a manipulation of the customer and simply shouldn't be tolerated therefore I have canceled the insurance and moved to a new provider.

I do not recommend this insurance for anyone who plans to drive more than 15-20 minutes per day.

Reviewed on 6th January 2022
Dan Wright's avatar
Dan Wright

Terrible renewal service

Took out an annual policy with Admiral. Decided to renew this elsewhere as I was offered a cheaper deal. Received a call 2.5 months later from Admiral to say I owed them £47 as they had automatically renewed my policy and, as the card details I’d provided to them for the last annual payment would no longer work id been charged a late fee! I had one of the most ridiculous arguments I’ve ever had before breaking down in tears. I was only then passed to another team (maybe customer service) who “processed the refund” for me as though this was a big favour( and there was nothing to refund). Apparently all my fault as I should read my emails and I would have then known they were going to charge me/raise a debt against me if I didn’t call them to cancel. 25 years of renewing car and home insurance polices… I’ve never been treated like that. Avoid this company like the plague! Grabbing every last penny of customers rather than offering a good service. I’m still shocked!

Reviewed on 13th December 2021
Emily Rogers's avatar
Emily Rogers

Car Insurance

When something goes wrong they will not be there

Throughly incompetent company who I will not be renewing my multi-car family policy with after many years of my loyal custom. My car was scratched by a driver who forced his car through when it was my right of way and he was driving on my side of the road. Admiral have been sent dashcam footage of the incident where I was also violently verbally abused. However, because the other driver is also an admiral customer they would rather keep pretending they haven’t received the dashcam footage. Over the past 2 months I have sent it to them in every format imaginable from multiple devices, trimmed it to below what their prehistoric servers can accommodate, uploaded to YouTube as per their request and even sent via Dropbox and cloud systems. Yet they keep harassing me they haven’t received it, undoubtedly to please their other customer and make me partially or fully liable because they don’t want to accept the evidence. I am appalled at the amount of my time they have wasted and I would thoroughly advise you to avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 12th December 2021
Komal N's avatar
Komal N

Personal Loan

how i make money

they are the best i can recommend for you i got real funds from darkwebprogrammer @ gmail. com

Reviewed on 9th December 2021
Fisher Alfred's avatar
Fisher Alfred

Tricky Company

Tricky Company ...they try to cancel the bought insurance by whatever reason and take the subsequent administration fee

Reviewed on 6th December 2021

Reviewed on 28th November 2021
Martin Jones's avatar
Martin Jones

Car Insurance

Absolute disgrace and a con...not able to suddenly drive my car!

Dear all, just to inform you that if you are looking for car insurance then do NOT consider Admiral. An absolute appalling service from them. I have never ever experienced a sudden validation audit TWO months into actively having an insurance policy on my wife's car. They sent out a letter and because we didn't respond in THEIR time frame, they were quick to cancel our policy, charge for the month and charge for admin fees! What fees? You were doing the audit! Apparently they needed ID documents for my wife. Why on earth have you authorised a policy if you did not have enough information. When I explained that my whole family has been ill, it made absolutely no difference as to why we hadn't been searching for a letter that I wasn't even expecting! My wife has suffered an asthma attack so going through her post wasn't on the top of our list. The priority was trying to get her better, which is still an ongoing process! As well as taking care of our two children. Not even a phone call to find out what's going on or even a reminder. Just a straight up cancellation but happy to take our money. An absolute disgrace, no empathy or grace period considering the last year or so. It's not like they were paying us anything...we are paying them! I was told that if I return the black box back in time I will get £50 back, despite the fact that you will rob me blind triple that amount! We are actually shocked and appalled. We called and said the documents have been emailed through...but no, just not enough. Seems like Admiral are happy to lose customers because they can make their money by charging you foolish money. Will not be recommending Admiral to anyone and strongly advise anyone against it. Rather than treating us like people we were just merely a policy number that they erased through a tantrum because we didn't respond when they told us to. Such threatening behaviour is not how you get people to do things. As I said, not even a call to give like a last reminder and just to check if we are even alive. Poor service from a joke company. We are strongly considering not paying this money for something we had no clue about. You cancel us but my money is still good enough for you? No thanks! Meenhaz Janar and Mariam Ibrahim

Reviewed on 17th November 2021
Meenhaz Janar's avatar
Meenhaz Janar

Car Insurance

An insurance company i trust

I have always been wary of insurance companies but don't have a bad word to say about Admiral. I was in an accident where I wasn't at fault and they looked after me. They also gave money back one year when they made a large profit - brilliant - made me want to stay as they show some care for their customers.

Reviewed on 12th October 2021
Jen Johnstone's avatar
Jen Johnstone

Superb Service

I have been with Admiral now for a few years and cannot fault the service I receive

Reviewed on 12th October 2021
Karen Bradley's avatar
Karen Bradley

valid and trusted

Recently, I experienced a car accident which was not my fault. As my first experience Admiral was very helpful and friendly and made it very simple for me to manage this event.

Reviewed on 11th October 2021
Nabi Rad's avatar
Nabi Rad

Good insurance company

I recommended for everyone and are very accessible princess for all people

GABRIEL 's avatar
GABRIEL

I truly recommended

I been with admiral for many years, and i recommend

GABRIEL 's avatar
GABRIEL

Fab service, friendly staff

Have been with admiral for years and always willing to help with customer enquiries

Holly's avatar
Holly

Car Insurance

Fees applied for not renewing - beware

Recently I obtained a much better price than admiral could provide for me car insurance, so I let them know a week in advance that I would not be renewing. Admiral have chosen to apply a 'cancellation fee' even though I have not cancelled my policy, I have just let it expire at the end of the 12 month period it was valid for.

If this is standard practice for them, then it implies that any time you choose to leave them, you will be hit with the cancellation fee, even after you die of old age and have been with them for decades presumably.

Beware of this if you choose to go with them and factor this fee into the price they quote you.

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
Jon's avatar
Jon

Hassle free car insurance

I've been with Admiral for years. Never had an issue. Never had to make a claim, but, I'd imagine it would be fairly painless.

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
Tizriel's avatar
Tizriel

Home Insurance

Reasonable premiums with excellent customer service.

Will Cox's avatar
Will Cox

So easy!

Very straightforward and user friendly.

Erika's avatar
Erika

Great price and service

Fantastic staff who give great service, and the price is right.

Sara Johns's avatar
Sara Johns

Fantastic company

Hassle free company and always happy to help

Kevin Brown's avatar