Admiral Reviews

Ratings based on 14,025 reviews       Last review 3 days ago

Admiral Insurance reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out more about life as an Admiral customer. If you have experience of Admiral, write your Admiral review today. With your reviews, we can increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Admiral Review Insight

Terrible

I was 100% pre approved through Clearscore with an excellent credit rating, never missed a payment on any account. Applied online through the app, only to find out I had to link my bank accounts, which I did. Missed a call from them two days later so spent the best part of 2 hours on hold trying to speak with someone. They told me that because my house doesn't have a street name I'd need to reapply through their website. So despite having access to my full address history through whatever credit reference agency they use, I still needed to re-submit a fresh application! I've decided not to use these, and opted for Zopa whom I have used in the past. No issues at all with them, applied online, got a great APR and the money is already in my bank, 20 minutes after being approved! That's how a personal application should be done. Terrible experience with Admiral

Reviewed on 21st September 2021
Chris Phipps's avatar
Chris Phipps

Brilliant

Always have fast response times when there may be a problem with some things and have the best deals for insurance for any type of driver!

Reviewed on 13th September 2021
Kieran Barrie Francis's avatar
Kieran Barrie Francis

Good money value

Brilliant experience and excellent customer service

Reviewed on 13th September 2021
Alex Si Roxana's avatar
Alex Si Roxana

Car Insurance

Good

Very nice and good company good for new drivers

Reviewed on 12th September 2021
Awais Ss's avatar
Awais Ss

Great insurance policy

The admiral is a good place to start your insurance with they look after their customers very well and lovely customers service

Reviewed on 12th September 2021
Johnson Abioye 's avatar
Johnson Abioye

Good Customer Service

Very helpful and informative with helping me to refine my policy.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2021
Lisa Anderson's avatar
Lisa Anderson

Car Insurance

Rupert was the best customer service I have every spoke with.

I wanted to change from my old insurance policy to a more legit company so i switched to admiral, they were quick, easy, and very through. Rupert was helpful and amazing. Pat on the back Admiral.

Reviewed on 26th August 2021
Graham Wenham's avatar
Graham Wenham

No Fuss car insurance

Always review my car renewal and have always found Admiral easy to deal. I check comparison sites ( and some insurers that don`t appear on them ) then call Admiral to discuss. They have never failed to offer me a good reduction on the renewal letter cost given usually beating other companies for the degree of cover I need for my multi car cover. Also the staff at Admiral are some of the most helpful efficient and friendly people I have ever dealt with. It is a treat to be assisted by them. A first class company all round !

Reviewed on 24th August 2021
Fiona Morris's avatar
Fiona Morris

Home Insurance

Worst company I've ever dealt with

Appalling service from start to... Read more

Appalling service from start to finish.
I took out the Platinum level of contents insurance with the understanding it covered theft. AS IT CLAIMS.
I never received any policies nor were any exclusions shown on my dashboard. I realise now I should have chased this up.

We had workmen in, and had over £2000 of personal items stolen. They are refusing to pay up as the workmen were in the building legally. This is inspite of the fact they stole from a room they had no right to be in, and a policeman explained this is theft.
I have lodged a complaint, and all of a sudden all the policies have been sent through to me. Amongst this it states theft cannot be claimed unless force is shown. This is actually BURGLARY.
I am still battling with them, totally misleading wording, and unsympathetic treatment.
DO NOT GO NEAR THEM!!!!!!

Reviewed on 21st August 2021
Libby 85's avatar
Libby 85

Pre Approved what a joke

Clearscore indicated that we were pre approved at a good rate, only 2 days later to be called up to be interrogated by their... Read more

Clearscore indicated that we were pre approved at a good rate, only 2 days later to be called up to be interrogated by their underwriter.

We were then declined for a loan that we can afford, an absolute joke.

Now my credit file is affected due to the misleading pre approval status.

Completely out of order

Reviewed on 7th August 2021
Stephen Brooks's avatar
Stephen Brooks

Monthly payment not available

I am so happy to deal with admiral in all aspects of vehicle insurance. Lowest premium, quick and high claim ratio. But recently Admiral not allowing for monthly installment of premium, which means they don't want middle or low class customers. Initially monthly payment was an attracting factor, but now not available

Reviewed on 3rd July 2021
Anchu's avatar
Anchu

Totally useless legal insurance

Totally useless legal... Read more

Totally useless legal insurance
Had an accident where (so-called) 'third party' (the other driver/their insurance) immediately accepted liability.
After two full working weeks Admiral legal insurance have not given any useful legal assistance - other than declaring themselves incompetent (after 1 working week of waiting with phone lines closed) for defending my financial losses to third party, not having made any decision - or entered any meaningful conversation about whether they provide a lawyer to get involved etc (another 7 days after their own law firm had declared themselves incompetent).

Admiral insurance also initially tried to persuade me into me letting them handle the case - which would have cost me (with very high likelihood, given the prompt response of the 3rd party insurance) £500 of excess fees. Great, thank you Admiral

Reviewed on 18th June 2021
Markus Bauer's avatar
Markus Bauer

Car Insurance

Excellent policy and very good value for money

Excellent customer services, reviewed my car insurance at renewal in light of Covid and very low mileage & policy reduced by almost 50% for loyalty and with no claims protected dvd only £50 excess….. very highly recommended & local to me in Wales too

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
JacquiS 's avatar
JacquiS

Car Insurance

Great value for money and excellent customer service

I have been with the Admiral Group for around 12 years, whether it be Admiral, Elephant or Diamond, the customer service is always absolutely fantastic and the call centre staff are super friendly and efficient. The value for money of Admiral's products has always been great too.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Flo Morgan-Wood's avatar
Flo Morgan-Wood

Personal Loan

Pre-Approved - But a real struggle!!!

Like many others I can see reviewing here, I was 'pre-approved' via ClearScore for what seemed to be a great deal!... Read more

The application was seemingly quick and easy. I was then asked for a fair amount of documentation which I was happy to send in. That said, I then came across a stumbling block, the account I requested my monies to be paid in should I be approved, was a new account that I'd just switched my main account over to (closing my current/previous main account). With them wanting 3 months of full statements for the new account, I simply was unable to provide the information.

I explained this to the people on live chat (who were all very helpful) and I was asked to provide open banking instead and noted on my account the statements provided are my most recently but the account was recently switched. The next day, I'm again requested for 3 months of new statements on the new account. I once again go on live chat and explain the situation only to be told that unfortunately that's what's required if I'd like to proceed the loan. I say I cannot provide this, because the account isn't 3 months old. I'm then told to provide whatever I can and the underwriting team will them re-review and let me know if its adequate.

At this point, I choose to cancel my application. Whilst I appreciate their diligence, they make it incredibly difficult in certain circumstances despite lots of evidence already being provided, to proceed the loan.

If I'm pre-approved for something, I wouldn't expect to front so much personal information.

I've now gone to another provider, who has paid out the same day without me needing to spend hours trying to prove my information to them. Of course the APR isn't as good as what the admirals quote was (though I suspect I wouldn't have been offered 11% in the end from reading other reviews) but I'd suggest it was worth it just to avoid the hassle.

Reviewed on 11th June 2021
ArkTek94's avatar
ArkTek94

Home Insurance

Almost impossible to contact

Spent ages contacting them after they wanted to increase my home insurance by over 24% for no good reason. Received “no reply” email confirming I wanted to leave. Today received email telling me they have tried to take the money from my card.

Reviewed on 2nd June 2021
Michael Orton's avatar
Michael Orton

Car Insurance

I'm winning to accommodate disabled people

I bought a brand new car and and with less than 2000 miles on the clock one of Admirals customers reversed into my parked car .by time I got home Admiral insurance called me to beat me from contacting my insurance in hope they can save a couple of quid. They wanted a garage to collect the car so they can inspect and do any work to be carried out I made them aware that I am under the seriously critical vulnerable as I have emphysema of the lungs and I do not wish for anybody else to drive my car because of covid-19. Which I didn't think was unreasonable .so I got a quote over the phone from a garage regarding what it would cost to repair my car it was just short of £2,000.
So I mentions to admiral just give me the money and I can deal with it in my own time . Admiral Insurance point Blank refused and was adamant that the PPE which they wear will be more than sufficient. If I caught covid it can have detrimental effects on my life. So Admiral was trying to save a couple of quid now they have retracted their services and refusing to help in any way shape or form apart from give me £50 compensation which I have declined. Everyone and everywhere you go everyone has been amazing in accommodating not just people with disabilities but all kinds of people in helping to get through this together.
Admiral Insurance is not willing to help people with disabilities instead they they retract their services even though you're the innocent party. I am not suggesting not to go with Admiral Insurance I am merely expression my experience particularly as a disabled person. would I recommend Admiral Insurance no I wouldn't

Reviewed on 24th May 2021
Pedro Flan's avatar
Pedro Flan

Personal Loan

OFFERED PRE APPROVED LOAN THEN ASKS FOR LOADS OF DOCUMENTS AND PROOF ! YOU SHOULD NIOT BE OFFERING PRE APPROVED AND I HAVE PERFECT CREDIT!1

APPLIED CLEARSCORE OFFERED PRE APPROVED SAID YES THEN THEY TAKE YOU TO A PAGE SAYING YOUR BANK CAN DOWNLOAD YOUR STATEMENT HISTORY TO THEM,SO I DID BUT ONLY CERTAIN BANKS DEAL WITH THEM? MINE DOESENT CO OPERATIVE BANK , SO TGHEN THEY ASK FOR ITEMS I COULD HAVE GIVEN TO BETTER RATE LOAN NOT PRE APPROVED?// SO WHY FALSE ADVERTISNG PRE APPROVED?/

Reviewed on 19th May 2021
KYLE TAYLOR's avatar
KYLE TAYLOR

Car Insurance

Totally incompetent and unacceptable service

I pay a lot of money for my admiral policy. When I did claim for an accident that I was not at fault ( not even in the car for) for I found their entire claims system very hard to use. I was told several times people would not talk to me on the phone and I should use the online service despite me telling them that there was no online option for what I needed. When I did get through I was out on hold for over 15 minutes at a time several times. They then tried to write my car off without assessing it and told me ‘they didn’t know the procedure for what to do otherwise’. I was then eventually told they would take it to a garage and that my excess would not be payable and that I would not have my no claims bonus affected. 3 hours after the car had been picked up they phoned me to arrange pick up and then claimed to have no idea where the car had been taken.
I was then not contacted for over a week until I eventually called them when i was told it had been deemed a total loss the week before but no one had bothered to call me. I was then told at that point they would deduct my excess from the value of the car and refused to give me any aid in claiming my excess back from the other company.

Overall I have found their service completley incompetent and unacceptable, I will not be renewing with them and would not recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Alicia Howell's avatar
Alicia Howell

Car Insurance

Rip off to make changes to your policy

Like most insurance companies they are fine until you actually need something. Getting a policy was easy and a reasonable price which i paid for in one go.... Read more

Eight months into my policy i changed my car for one with a higher insurance group. Naturally you expect to pay a little more for this, however admiral wanted me to pay an extra £143 pounds.

When added to the £411, I had already paid, would of meant that i have, in total, paid admiral a whole year of car insurance, for the car that cost more to insure, despite the fact i would only be driving it for 4 months of my policy.

When i tried to complain i was told the difference in price was because the new car is a higher insurance group. I have already told admiral that i have no issue with it being more to insure.

My issue is that I am going to end up paying the equivalent of 12 months insurance on a more expensive car, despite driving a cheaper car for 8 months of the policy but admiral cannot seem to understand this. So last time i will be using them.

Reviewed on 31st March 2021