We are delighted to reveal the winners of the Consumer Credit Awards 2022, run by Smart Money People!
Now in their seventh year, the awards saw a record over 36,000 votes cast across 15 categories over 13 weeks to determine the winners and we are grateful to everyone who cast a vote in the awards and helped us to find the winners. Scroll down to see the full list of winners and those awarded highly commended for each category.
The winners Smart Money People’s Consumer Credit Awards 2022 are:
Top level Awards
- Firm of the Year - First Response Finance
- Innovation of the Year - Bip.
- Customer Service Champion - StepChange
- Treating Customers Fairly Champion - Back2Credit
- Best Car Finance Provider - First Response Finance
- Best Consumer Credit Broker (sponsored by Bamboo) - Freedom Finance
- Best Credit Building Product Provider - Aqua (NewDay)
- Best Credit Union (North) - Central Liverpool Credit Union
- Best Credit Union (South) - Wiltshire & Swindon Credit Union
- Best Retail Finance Provider – PayPal
- Best Financial Support Provider - PayPlan
- Best Loan Provider (lending <£2.5k) - Central Liverpool Credit Union
- Best Loan Provider (lending >£2.5k) - Bamboo Loans
- Technology Partner of the Year- LendingMetrics
- Credit Information Partner of the Year - TransUnion
There were also four companies that were highly commended for their achievements this year in the awards:
- Firm of the Year - PayPlan
- Best Credit Union (North) - Glasgow Credit Union
- Best Financial Support Provider- Back2Credit
- Best Loan Provider (lending <£2.5K) - Fair For You
Commenting on the announcement, Jacqueline Dewey, Chief Executive of Smart Money People, which runs the Consumer Credit Awards, said:
“Congratulations to all the winners in our Consumer Credit Awards 2022. The standard of voting this year has been incredibly high, and all the finalists should be proud of their achievements. The feedback we’ve received from customers when voting demonstrates the importance that the credit sector has on supporting people through the cost of living crisis, and our awards celebrate those firms which are delivering great customer service and outcomes.
“With the FCA recently announcing plans for its new Consumer Duty, fundamentally aimed at improving how firms serve consumers, we’ll start to see a real shift towards putting customers’ needs first, from addressing excessive charges, to making it easier to switch or cancel products. As new rules come into force, those credit providers that are already leading the way in customer support will continue to thrive.”
About the Consumer Credit Awards
Now in their seventh year, the awards saw over 36,000 votes cast across 15 categories over 13 weeks to determine the winners. The awards are determined by asking customers to vote for their favourite product provider by leaving them a rating out of five and then a review on the Smart Money People website. Smart Money People also asks the customer to give a rating for customer service, NPS, value for money and whether they felt fairly treated.
About Bamboo, category sponsor for Best Consumer Credit Broker
Bamboo is an award-winning alternative consumer lender. They are proud of their financially inclusive range of products for their diverse customer base. Since opening for business in 2014 they have seen considerable growth, won industry recognition, and achieved excellent customer feedback which they are very proud of.
Their success is based on entrepreneurial leadership, their strong credit strategy and proven analytics and a seamless application process. They have the support of market-leading entrepreneurs, whose success includes building Credit One Bank, the 8th largest credit card issuer in the US and a global investment bank.
What they believe sets them apart from other lenders is the advanced technology behind their website coupled with a caring and knowledgeable Customer Service Team. Most customers commend the simplicity of their application process and the friendly and helpful nature of their staff. Their mobile-friendly online portal allows customers to easily manage their loan.
About Smart Money People
are providing great customer service, in order to help financial decision making. Smart Money People use the data collected from the financial service reviews to provide customer insight to companies across the industry, showing them what they’re doing well and benchmarking against their peers. Smart Money People also runs the British Bank Awards and Insurance Choice Awards each year.