Triodos Bank Reviews

Ratings based on 3,421 reviews       Last review 2 months ago

Triodos Bank believe that being transparent means being completely open. They publish details of every organisation they lend to, and invest in, so that customers know exactly their your money goes. Smart Money People is the place for Triodos Bank reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Triodos Bank Review Insight

Triodos Bank Products 3,421

Personal Current Account

STAY AWAY if you want access to your money

Where do I begin? Been with Triodos for years and though their phone staff are lovely, their ability to know what the left and right hand are doing is shocking.... Read more

Frankly, I think they love keeping our heard earned, tax-paid money, and when one tries to actually access, withdraw, transfer said money, it is like jumping through rings that are never good enough.

It is all roses and ethics on the outside and sh*t on the inside. The LACK of communication when there is a supposed issue is astonishing and you have to be Sherlock Holmes just to figure out what the F is wrong.

Questions more likened to interrogation as to where finances come from, even though proof of documentation was provided makes me think they are forgetting they are a bank!

STAY AWAY and hold your assets in another bank or bloody precious metals for gods sake.

Months of back and forth with no solutions. Empty words and promises and a lack of customer understanding and follow through.

Reviewed on 16th July 2021
NLighten UP's avatar
NLighten UP

Ethical Cash ISAs

What could be better than a bank that cares about people and the planet?

I have been a Triodos customer for a couple of years now and I am really happy about my choice in terms of customer care and service... Read more

I have been a Triodos customer for a couple of years now and I am really happy about my choice in terms of customer care and service provision.
Great to know that my money is circulating to support ethical and sustainable businesses rather than feeding into planetary destruction as still prevalent when banking with the ususal highstreet banks.
Swap now!

Reviewed on 16th June 2021
Thomas Denhof's avatar
Thomas Denhof

Personal Current Account

Cheerful, professional, helpful, & ethical.

Calling up I got through to a human within minutes and was greeted with genuinely friendly candour. Each time I've called the same experience of friendly, pleasant, helpful, and effective assistance. Online banking is really easy and secure.

Gerrard Byrne's avatar
Gerrard Byrne

Personal Current Account

What banking was supposed to be

Simple, straightforward and approachable. Triodos make banking how it should be. Ethical and with the customer and the environment in mind.

Gurj's avatar
Gurj

ethical and transparent banking

this bank has never disappointed me with their first class internet banking, the very best service i could have hoped for

annette munro's avatar
annette munro

Ethical Cash ISAs

Honesty is rare in Britain today.

All things good, honest and beautiful. That is Triodos bank

Reviewed on 3rd May 2021
Roger Penney's avatar
Roger Penney

Personal Current Account

Reliable, user friendly, brilliant customer service

I've been so impressed: website is simple to use, never crashes, feels secure but without being too fiddly. Customer service any time I've needed them has been from a local, well trained and super helpful employee. I've never hung up feel anything other than satisfied. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: my money isn't funding fossil fuel extraction...so I can sleep a whole lot better at night!

Reviewed on 29th April 2021
Peter Hughes's avatar
Peter Hughes

Personal Current Account

An ethical bank with excellent customer service.

Whether it is answering a question or solving a problem, they are friendly and competent. I also feel comfortable that my money is funding ethical projects rather than more oil and gas.

Reviewed on 29th April 2021
John L's avatar
John L

Ethical Cash ISAs

Triodos use their money with complete transparency and ethically

Triodos support organic farming, renewable energy, social housing and many other totally worthwhile businesses. I love Triodos.

Reviewed on 28th April 2021
Serena Roney-Dougal's avatar
Serena Roney-Dougal

Excellent, Professional, Ethical, Courteous

Especially in the current climate, I deeply appreciate being able to bank with Triodos and 100% trust its integrity and ethical approach to banking..

Reviewed on 22nd April 2021
Clare Pargeter's avatar
Clare Pargeter

ethical and great service

very happy, highly recommend, has been a good experience transferring

Ed's avatar
Ed

Easy website

Ethical banking is the obvious choice

Lorraine 's avatar
Lorraine

Ethical Investments

Good ethos. Terrible customer service.

Dire customer service. 50 minutes to get through on phone. Emails sent to wrong person. Failure to forward funds of deceased customer 4 weeks after receiving full documentation.

Graham Robson 's avatar
Graham Robson

Ethical Stocks & Shares ISAs

great returns all round

My savings are growing whilst helping other.

CB's avatar
CB

Business Banking

Triodos are the future

Triodos bank have been superb to work with, their systems are very easy to navigate as a business and their phone and email back up is informative, friendly and supportive. We are very happy to know that are money isn't helping support fossil fuel companies in light of the Climate Crisis by being with Triodos and that their efforts and money is backing many of the positive ways that this country can and should move forward in the future.

NC Adams 's avatar
NC Adams

A Truly Ethical Bank

Triodos is a truly excellent, ethical, bank that uses my ISA investment to invest in the environment and social good. Their customer service is also outstanding: I have been with Triodos for many years now and have always had very friendly, helpful and personal contact on the phone with them. Incomparably better to any other bank or even other business I have ever had to deal with. Now that interest rates are so low at all financial institutions, I am even more happy that my ISA savings are being put to good use and are not going to money that pollutes the earth or kills people or animals.

Karin Lesnik-Oberstein's avatar
Karin Lesnik-Oberstein

Ethical, efficient and earth-friendly

The best bank I've banked with. Quick and easy to open an account. Transferred all my direct debits etc, no bother. Customer service was personal, knowledgeable and very efficient! And most importantly to me, ethical.

Clare Jackson's avatar
Clare Jackson

Online Saver

Ethical

Know my only is not at odds with my ethics

Connie Bearzal's avatar
Connie Bearzal

Regular Savings

Best bank

Feels good to support good businesses

Lily Pridie's avatar
Lily Pridie

Good service with ethics

Always found the service very good and it's great to know they are investing in sustainable businesses

Aaron Walters's avatar