AA Car Insurance Reviews

AA car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest AA car insurance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used AA before, you too can write a short AA car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review AA's Car Insurance now

Appalling customer service!

We were the unfortunate victims of a clear non fault accident. Have received almost no communication or update on our claim from The AA in a month, had to chase them every step of the way. Now received a total loss offer which is approximately £1400.00 be Read more

We were the unfortunate victims of a clear non fault accident. Have received almost no communication or update on our claim from The AA in a month, had to chase them every step of the way. Now received a total loss offer which is approximately £1400.00 below the current market value of our car & they won't budge. Why should we end up with a significantly lesser car than we had before, through no fault of our own? Terrible customer service, unfortunately you only find out when you need to make a claim. Do yourself a favour & stay away from them, they are truly terrible! Never again.

Reviewed on 6th October 2022
Wayne Oswin's avatar
Wayne Oswin

Not Professional.

Car insurance seems to be a con they are a law unto themselves and its going to get worse. Been with Saga and AA car insurance. Even when you have paid them up and in full they appear to demand even more specially when they are not owned for payments. We Read more

Car insurance seems to be a con they are a law unto themselves and its going to get worse. Been with Saga and AA car insurance. Even when you have paid them up and in full they appear to demand even more specially when they are not owned for payments. We will be glad to shop arround for new car insurance before renewal.

Reviewed on 11th September 2022

More than breakdown

Got a brilliant quote & snapped it up straight away, i don't believe in having all my insurances with one company. I try to spread the money.

Reviewed on 12th August 2022
Neil's avatar
Neil

Great customer service

Fair and friendly customer service team. When I moved house recently I expected a charge for changing details but I actually got a refund for £30 how amazing is that!

Reviewed on 12th August 2022
Greg Connor 's avatar
Greg Connor

Take your money then dont want to know

Had a none fault accident 5 times i contacted aa 5 times they said they would get back to me ,never did.shocking company to deal with dont deserve customers.

Reviewed on 18th July 2022
paul elliff's avatar
paul elliff

Great value

Cheaper than many others, many extras

Reviewed on 15th July 2022
amymashiter21@gmail.com's avatar
amymashiter21@gmail.com

No claims service

A third party crashed into my car making it a total loss. AA passed the Engineer's Report to me and told me to sort it out with my insurance company. My insurance company knew nothing about it and I had to do all the AA's work for them.

Reviewed on 9th June 2022
John Stapleton's avatar
John Stapleton

Useless and incompetent handling of non fault claim

The AA insurance are useless when handling an accident. Took 3 months to resolve a clear no fault case. Poor communication is an understatement as the repairer had to inform me of a total loss. Each call to the AA was over 1.5hr wait. Made 3 complaints, 2 Read more

The AA insurance are useless when handling an accident. Took 3 months to resolve a clear no fault case. Poor communication is an understatement as the repairer had to inform me of a total loss. Each call to the AA was over 1.5hr wait. Made 3 complaints, 2 ignored and one resolved failing to acknowledge the issues. Then after the matter was settle as a non fault claim, I got a a solicitors letter for the hire care charges asking me to prove I could not afford the hire fees. I rang the AA and they told my that yes I am liable and should have done what I can to limit costs! The AA we're the cause for taking 3 months to decide if my car was a total loss, not me and then they tell me I am liable. NEVER use this useless and incompetent business. AX who handled the hire car however were very good.

Reviewed on 3rd June 2022
EJAL's avatar
EJAL

Thieves & Liars

Had a non fault claim, As my insurance was going to run out during mid claim, So renewed policy to keep continuity of claim but my policy tripled as was told i had a fault claim against me until proven a non fault, but was told once proven its a non fau Read more

Had a non fault claim, As my insurance was going to run out during mid claim, So renewed policy to keep continuity of claim but my policy tripled as was told i had a fault claim against me until proven a non fault, but was told once proven its a non fault claim my premium would revert back to original quote and be reimbursed the excess I paid.
They lied. It was proven that the claim was a non fault claim but the policy did not revert to original price. They did reduce a bit but was still over a double!!!
Customer service was terrible just blaming everyone else and spoke to a manager who was as useless as a wet paper bag. I would avoid the AA as an insurance company as much as possible.

Reviewed on 30th May 2022
Chris Ioannou's avatar
Chris Ioannou

Poor claims management

Non fault claim, was mismanaged. I had to wait 3 months for an assessment by the engineer, thereafter the car was passed on to an underwriter who had to reassess the claim as a new claim. Over all I waited 4 months for the claim to be settled. Communicati Read more

Non fault claim, was mismanaged. I had to wait 3 months for an assessment by the engineer, thereafter the car was passed on to an underwriter who had to reassess the claim as a new claim. Over all I waited 4 months for the claim to be settled. Communication from the AA is extremely poor , no one communicated with me through the process or explained the claim properly. Staff do not understand their job and a lot of cover up for mismanagement. The teams they have are disjointed and don’t communicate. Unfortunately I had to go to the financial ombudsman and will be taking this to solicitors .

Reviewed on 28th April 2022
sharon stern's avatar
sharon stern

STAY AWAY

I had AA car insurance and needed to change my car , the cost of my insurance rocketed in price to insure a car that had a smaller engine and the same value.. I would never trust the AA again and I would not recommend them to anyone..

Reviewed on 4th January 2022
Geoffrey Handley's avatar
Geoffrey Handley

They took nearly £600 without my permission

They were fine until it came time to renew. They did not quote a good price so I decided to go elsewhere. I advised this between two calls I had with them. On my renewal date (right before Christmas) after I had already sorted and paid for alternative i Read more

On my renewal date (right before Christmas) after I had already sorted and paid for alternative insurance I also got charged for renewal.

I called up, obviously quite angry, only to be advised I will likely be charged an admin fee of £27 also for cancelling, and I could put in a complaint to have this amount possibly refunded, but that would take up to 8 weeks.

They are theives, do not insure with them.

Reviewed on 4th December 2021
Tom Marriott's avatar
Tom Marriott

Worst customer service

After the accident they promised to give me special treatment. Accident wasn't my fault so I agreed. So instead they update me abt my claim. I have to chase them to find out what really happening. Worst decision to stay with Aa. 3 months went still no com Read more

After the accident they promised to give me special treatment. Accident wasn't my fault so I agreed. So instead they update me abt my claim. I have to chase them to find out what really happening. Worst decision to stay with Aa. 3 months went still no compensation, car they have it. I don't have a strength to keep on calling to find out what really happening. PLEASE stay out for this cow company

Reviewed on 2nd December 2021
Dhairya Shah's avatar
Dhairya Shah

Shocking customer service, Avoid this company

Had a car accident, I was not at fault, other driver admitted liability and all progressed through their broker (AX) ax were very helpful unlike the as customer service, I have now had my car repaired and trying to claim my excess back, aa do not want to Read more

Had a car accident, I was not at fault, other driver admitted liability and all progressed through their broker (AX) ax were very helpful unlike the as customer service, I have now had my car repaired and trying to claim my excess back, aa do not want to fuffund the excess even though the accident was not my fault and ax say the claim has all been finalised as the other party has accepted liability, I still have not received my excess back and it seems people at the as have lost all the info about the accident, video footage etc etc, very apauling service, I do not recommend AA to anyone, A kid this scamming company like the plague, I’ve just been told I age to wait another 8 weeks for the outcome, terrible.

Reviewed on 27th November 2021
Stokey's avatar
Stokey

WORSE SERVICE PROVIDED

After having my car window smashed and steering wheel stolen i had no help during the first 24hrs to get my car to my chosen garage to make sure it was secure. After having to arrange the transport of the car myself the car has now been sitting at the gar Read more

After having my car window smashed and steering wheel stolen i had no help during the first 24hrs to get my car to my chosen garage to make sure it was secure. After having to arrange the transport of the car myself the car has now been sitting at the garage for 2 weeks with absolutely no contact from the AA in regards to giving the go ahead to start the repair.
I feel i have paid for a fully comp insurance service and received no help with any stage of the process. I am having to do all the chasing myself to get the AA to provide the service i have paid for. When asking to speak to a manager or anyone that can help i am constantly told no one is available and i will get a call back, a call that never comes. After chasing everyday now finding out they thought the car was in a different garage (one of their chosen garages) I am now out of pocket either out of pure incompetence or the AA simply do not care.
As of now still waiting on a simple repair to take place, the garage also waiting ready with the parts needed for 2 weeks now.
It is true what they say, you do not know how good your insurance company are until you actually need to claim. In this case I've never had a worse service provided.

Reviewed on 19th November 2021
James's avatar
James

The AA living off a respected past.

I recently purchased car insurance via the aa and fortunately due to a error which was no fault of either party I cancelled and was so glad I had. The aa customer service is non existent and basically lies and argues with you and when you go to the top t Read more

The aa customer service is non existent and basically lies and argues with you and when you go to the top the person you deal with is obviously the guy who trains them as he is as obsturd and as stubborn as the reps. I maybe 50+ but I will not be told what's right and what's wrong and then expect me to pay for it and to keep quiet. Such a shame the aa had a good old fashion reputation for reliability and trust, something I will never entrust to anyone .

Reviewed on 18th November 2021
Tony Stylianou 's avatar
Tony Stylianou

Nightmare to get our car repaired

Still waiting nearly 3 weeks to get our car repaired. It's not even started yet. The AA are clueless.

Reviewed on 5th August 2021
Nick Balchin 's avatar
Nick Balchin

Very good

Very helpful and the customer service people like understanding.

Reviewed on 30th July 2021
Sarwar79 's avatar
Sarwar79

Hiking up premiums

Had to pay a extra premium for a non fault accident? (windscreen repair). Most insurers don't charge or take any no claims earned.

Reviewed on 12th April 2021