Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card Reviews

Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Platinum Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Barclaycard customers like? Find out more about the Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Barclaycard Review Insight

Voting in the Consumer Credit Awards 2022 is open!VOTE NOW

Your Platinum Credit Card Reviews

Review Barclaycard's Platinum Credit Card now

Good

good rates, does what it says ...excellent secutirty/customer service

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
WCS's avatar
WCS

Barclaycard services

I have been dealing with barclaycard services over a decade and recently they have been awful in terms of the services and resolution to complaints.

Reviewed on 17th March 2022
My Builder Group's avatar
My Builder Group

Buna

Multumit de toată experiența cu banca

Reviewed on 3rd March 2022
Catalin Rusu's avatar
Catalin Rusu

Make Barclay Card Your Choice

Low interest rates & excellent online services

Reviewed on 28th February 2022
Seyi Benson Ademola 's avatar
Seyi Benson Ademola

Good service

Problem solvers when you’re not treated fairly.

Reviewed on 23rd February 2022
Michsel's avatar
Michsel

Arrogant customer service agent

I sought some clarification on a transaction a while ago. Person I dealt with was so arrogant and annoying. He was adamant he was right and I was wrong. He even got angry with me for asking him to repeat himself and for asking his name! When I complained Read more

I sought some clarification on a transaction a while ago. Person I dealt with was so arrogant and annoying. He was adamant he was right and I was wrong. He even got angry with me for asking him to repeat himself and for asking his name! When I complained to someone in his department I was told I wouldn't be getting a call back to tell me about the outcome of my complaint!!!!

Reviewed on 8th February 2022
J R's avatar
J R

Extreme delay with Section 75 claim

Made a Section 75 claim on my Barclaycard Platinum Visa card some three weeks ago. Did not hear anything and could not get through on the phone - after multiple attempts manged to speak to someone on the Consumer Credit Card Team who could not find me on Read more

Made a Section 75 claim on my Barclaycard Platinum Visa card some three weeks ago. Did not hear anything and could not get through on the phone - after multiple attempts manged to speak to someone on the Consumer Credit Card Team who could not find me on the system but suggested that my letter had been forwarded to another team that deals with Section 75 claims and which is currently working through a backlog dating from late December. I was told that I might have to wait twelve weeks for a reply! If this is the case then there is something seriously wrong with Barclaycard. Or are they going to blame it all on Covid?

Reviewed on 31st January 2022
Remo Nannetti's avatar
Remo Nannetti

Another good credit card

Good and fair interest rate with a good easy to use app

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
Cedric kabesa 's avatar
Cedric kabesa

False information and lies

So I only got a Barclaycard 4 days ago and it is quite unbelievable how many times I phoned because they asked ,and yet total time either on hold or listening to music before they hung up got to over 8 hours,I was given wrong information regarding balance Read more

So I only got a Barclaycard 4 days ago and it is quite unbelievable how many times I phoned because they asked ,and yet total time either on hold or listening to music before they hung up got to over 8 hours,I was given wrong information regarding balance transfers, withdrawal, rates and promised call backs ??
I had the embarrassing situation of transaction declined yet money available,I had the lady on the phone saying she filed a complaint and would receive a call back today definitely yet that was 61/2 hours ago and just found out she actually lied
No complaint filed,no call back and offered me a£50 gesture of goodwill to go away!!!
While employees work from home,I understand but giving false or wrong information has consequences,and mine were very stressful and not happy ones
Would I continue with them I doubt it at some stage
All you want is good efficient,honest correct information not much more ,and don't get me wrong 90% are fantastic but clearly some are not interested in customer service

Reviewed on 23rd January 2022
Colin's avatar
Colin

Do Not Bother

I’ve been with Barclays and Barclaycard for over 25 years you would think they would treat such a good customer well - no absolutely dreadful I don’t recommend them at all

Reviewed on 13th January 2022
Jayelle70 's avatar
Jayelle70

Good card with cashback

Very Good card no fees but you earn points which can be exchange for vouchers love it

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
Muhammad Ehsan's avatar
Muhammad Ehsan

Room for improvement

Good product but awful app and paying experience make it hard to use.

Reviewed on 12th January 2022

Reviewed on 15th June 2021
rifpat@yahoo.co.uk's avatar
rifpat@yahoo.co.uk

Helpful bank

Very happy with the service, help me along the covid and really happy with them.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Rafael Scher's avatar
Rafael Scher

Foul play

The information held by credit reference agencies from Barclaycard is 3 months out of date. Today, I get a letter saying my credit limit is being reduced, effectively destroying my credit rating due to loan to limit ratio, based on my credit rating from t Read more

The information held by credit reference agencies from Barclaycard is 3 months out of date. Today, I get a letter saying my credit limit is being reduced, effectively destroying my credit rating due to loan to limit ratio, based on my credit rating from the reference agencies.

Well my credit rating wouldn’t be so bad, if Barclaycard updated the amount owed to show my card isn’t actually maxed out and £2,500 has been paid off in the last 2 months.

An absolute abuse of their customers throwing them into months more of financial hardship trying to improve the credit rating they are destroying and using as an excuse to trap people into paying more interest. Disgusting

Reviewed on 10th June 2021
Steven McCaw's avatar
Steven McCaw

DISGUSTING is not even the word!

DISGUSTING is not even the word! Avoid this DISGUSTING company at all costs. They have reduced our credit limit with NO notice (not even a day!), from £7k to £1k. We have been loyal customers for 20 years. We recently used our entire savings to pay the Read more

DISGUSTING is not even the word!

Avoid this DISGUSTING company at all costs. They have reduced our credit limit with NO notice (not even a day!), from £7k to £1k. We have been loyal customers for 20 years. We recently used our entire savings to pay the balance off this card as we were in the process of important medical treatments. We explained this to Barclaycard, but they do not care. They have no care for customers, no sympathy. If anyone speaks to a Rachel Wilson, avoid talking to her and ask to speak to another colleague, she is a TERRIBLE advisor. If we had known we would not have put this onto our credit card and would have paid for our medical treatment straight out of our savings. They have Jeopardised our health and ruined our lives. If there was a 0 they would happily get that score. Horrible Horrible Company! They have destroyed our lives.

Reviewed on 10th May 2021
Graham's avatar
Graham

always helpful

Had good experiences with Barclaycard customer service

Reviewed on 16th April 2021
sharon Lakin's avatar
sharon Lakin

Good strongley

Extremley good barclay bank platinum card

Reviewed on 11th March 2021
Golam Chowdhury's avatar
Golam Chowdhury

terrible ....

Terrible service. I have been scammed for just over £1000 while abroad. It took Barclaycard 10 months only to tell me they are unable to help, using covid as an excuse. Absolutely terrible .....

Reviewed on 3rd March 2021
Magdalena's avatar
Magdalena

Avoid at all costs

Greetings, all! I was trying to add "zero stars", but unfortunately that is not possible. This is without doubt the worst credit card company I have ever had the misfortune to open an account with. (And let me tell you, they are up against some pret Read more

Greetings, all!

I was trying to add "zero stars", but unfortunately that is not possible.

This is without doubt the worst credit card company I have ever had the misfortune to open an account with. (And let me tell you, they are up against some pretty stiff competition!).

Last summer (July 2020), despite my credit report showing no missed or late payments with Barclaycard, and a good/excellent credit score, Barclaycard slashed my available credit from five thousand pounds to about fifty pounds with zero notice. The first I learned was when I received an automated email saying I was nearing my credit limit. Needless to say I panicked, concluding (as you would) that someone had used up my entire 5K available credit.

A day *after* the arbitrary limit reduction I received a letter, informing me that they had reduced my limit due to missed/late payments or a poor credit rating. Both of these grounds were demonstrably false.

Fortunately, I was at home when this happened and not travelling. Imagine I had been travelling with my Barclaycard as my only source of payment, believing I had 5 grand available? The possible consequences really don't bear thinking about.

On complaining, they told me their terms and conditions allow them to slash credit limits without notice and without warning, even for customers with no missed/late payments and a good credit score, and that they do not need to give a reason.

If you are happy having a credit card whereby they can slash your credit limit at will with no notice, for no reason, and then offer not so much as an apology, then go for it. Otherwise, avoid Barclaycard at all costs!

Reviewed on 23rd February 2021