Direct Line: Home Insurance reviews

Based on 125 reviews, last reviewed 29th Aug 2023

Direct to contact no messing with claims Have been with for many years. Had a couple of claims and have been very satisfied with the outcome Reviewed on: 29th August 2023

Long-term policy holder I have held a home insurance policy with Direct Line for many, many years. I have found them, on the whole, quite unhelpful by telephone and the Direc... Read more Reviewed on: 22nd August 2023
CRWalton's avatar
CRWalton

About the Home Insurance

At Smart Money People, we collect Direct Line home insurance reviews from genuine policyholders. These insights can help you make an informed decision when selecting your next provider.

Direct Line offers three levels of home insurance cover, allowing you to pay for just the level of protection you need. Choose from Home Insurance, Home Insurance Plus and Select Premier. You may opt to take out either buildings or contents insurance, or a combined policy.

If you’re considering Direct Line as your new home insurance provider, find out what existing customers have to say. Our Direct Line home insurance reviews can give you insight into what you can expect from the company. Discover whether policyholders were satisfied with their chosen level of cover and find out about Direct Line’s claims process and customer service. Learn more about real customer experiences by reading our reviews.

Have you had a home insurance policy with Direct Line? Did you take out buildings insurance, contents insurance, or both? Which level of cover did you choose and were you satisfied with the level of cover you received? Did you need to make a claim on your policy, and if so, how was it handled? Would you recommend Direct Line to a family member or friend?

Write an honest Direct Line home insurance review today. Together, we can help people like you make better decisions.

Review Direct Line: Home Insurance now

Direct Line Home Insurance reviews (125)

Direct to contact no messing with claims

Easy to deal with except at renewal.

Very happy with the covergage and customer service we have had for many years on our two properties. My only bug-bear is the "renewal dance" where they seem to quote an inflated price, I call them and they revert to something close to or lower than the old premium. Reviewed on: 24th August 2023

Generally offer a competitive quote.

I must be honest, I have had house insurance for 30 years now and have yet to make a claim. I therefore cannot comment on how good Direct Line are in handling claims. I can say however, that I have generally found Direct Line to offer the most competitive quotes and so have stayed with them for numerous years. You will not find their rates on comparison websites and you will have to deal directly with Direct Line either by phone or internet. Definitely worth the effort of checking. Reviewed on: 23rd August 2023

Long-term policy holder

I have held a home insurance policy with Direct Line for many, many years. I have found them, on the whole, quite unhelpful by telephone and the Direct Line Legal team help which is covered by my policy have been working on a simple claim for me for six years with no end in sight. I would love to change providers, but am unfortunately locked in until the legal case ends. Reviewed on: 22nd August 2023
CRWalton's avatar
CRWalton

Do you have a different Direct Line product?

Direct Line has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products