Direct Line Home Insurance Reviews

Visit website

Direct Line home insurance reviews can tell you how good this product really is. How quickly did you get the policy documents? How well did Direct Line handle your home insurance claim? Our Direct Line home insurance reviews can help you to find out this and much more. Have you ever had a policy with Direct Line? You can tell us about it by writing your own review below.

Direct Line Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Home Insurance Reviews

Review Direct Line's Home Insurance now

Easy quick to deal with

Fast and stress free home insurance policy

Reviewed on 18th August 2020
Dannyboy's avatar
Dannyboy

Ok

Always had an ok experience with this company but they put up my premium after I was with them for a year, so no loyalty for existing customers so I switched.

Reviewed on 2nd August 2020
ejc1066's avatar
ejc1066

Home insurance

The customer service is excellent and really easy to set up

Reviewed on 18th July 2020
Tania Samsan's avatar
Tania Samsan

House Flooded by water leak in bathroom

Fantastic service, very helpful especially as my fiancée had recently passed away leaving me and our 8 month little boy. They tried to help me as much as possible

Reviewed on 14th July 2020
Chris Mellor's avatar
Chris Mellor

Competitive and thorough

I have the exact amount of cover I need and for a great price.

Reviewed on 14th July 2020
Robert Ross's avatar
Robert Ross

Easy - Simple and Empathetic

Fantastic response to flooding and on the ground physical support from a team there to help anyone, whether one of their customers or not

Reviewed on 22nd June 2020
Brenda Munro's avatar
Brenda Munro

great service without problems

Good qualtiy company deffinately use them next year, this is our secound year with them and although it went up a little we do live in an area that can flood, so getting a insurance provider is never easy, these guys have been great.

Reviewed on 24th April 2020
Steve's avatar
Steve

Don't believe the adverts - they will do everything they can to weasel out of a clam

Will never deal with this company again. Had an issue with a claim where they sent someone who they latterly admitted had no construction quantifications out to assess a claim for storm damage to the roof of recent build house as due to the roof being incorrectly built. I sought independent advice that said they were wrong, at which point the reason changed to 'lack of maintenance'. This is a company that will squirm and lie at every opportunity to avoid paying out on a legitimate claim. In any other walk of life they would be considered fraudsters, but because they had offered me a token amount (I think it was £50) for the claims about the incorrect build by the person who visited I was unable to pursue a claim with the Ombudsman (who seemed to be looking for a reason not to look at it). Lesson learnt - if a company offers you a gesture don't accept it until they have full resolved your claim.

Reviewed on 3rd February 2020
StaralfurStormur's avatar
StaralfurStormur

Direct Quality from Directline

Directline has never failed me .....it has been an eleven year journey so far ....so far so good

Reviewed on 9th September 2019
Joseph Eden's avatar
Joseph Eden

Quick and easy claim handling

My experience with the claim handlers was great. Quick, friendly, efficient and informative. As a result of this experience I stayed with Direct Line the following year with an expected price rise. Unfortunately when I went to renew for the 3rd year (after over a year no claims) the price really leapt up so I had to move to another provider.

Reviewed on 1st September 2019
KAS's avatar
KAS

Good Value Product

Fast, efficient service from Direct Line

Reviewed on 1st September 2019
Navio's avatar
Navio

Great cover for the price!

We have had Direct Line home insurance for a few years now. We had to claim one year when there was a terrible storm and the roof tiles were blown off the house. They responded very quickly and paid out without any trouble.

Reviewed on 31st August 2019
Caroline Hunter's avatar
Caroline Hunter

Avoid this company

Refused to pay out on storm damage to new build house initially claiming that there had been no storm, then when I proved their had been stated that the damage was a 'maintenance issue' with the roof. In any other type of business this would be fraud, but apparently it's ok because it's an insurance company.

Reviewed on 31st August 2019
StaralfurStormur's avatar
StaralfurStormur

Fantastic

Brilliant service and a great product. We’ve just purchased our first home and they’ve been so helpful sorting our buildings and contents insurance.

Reviewed on 26th August 2019
Sophie Roberts's avatar
Sophie Roberts

Read the small print

Not positive..... Water damage.... Yes they will eventually send someone out to stop the leak. But as for repairing the damage.... That's a no. Go in our case... Most unhelpful peeps on the other end of the phone...

Reviewed on 19th August 2019
Jennifer Hull's avatar
Jennifer Hull

Not reliable

Quoted a price - I saved it, and their system lost it. Re-quoted exactly the same data - 20% more expensive. Rang the up to be told that happens all the time. If you can't trust them to quote properly, what chance of getting a claim dealt with?

Reviewed on 23rd July 2019
Stanex's avatar
Stanex

Competitive and thorough

I insured my flat through Direct Line. It was cheap and easy. Best of all, the cover and service was thorough.

Reviewed on 17th July 2019
Robert Ross 's avatar
Robert Ross

great

great and easy to claim with - customer service is great. never had any problems

Reviewed on 16th July 2019
katy berwick's avatar
katy berwick

Good value

Good value policy and good customer service

Reviewed on 16th July 2019
Robert McDonald 's avatar
Robert McDonald

Dependable

Lots of additional perks offered that you can’t get with standard insurance elsewhere

Reviewed on 7th July 2019