Leek United Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Leek United Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Leek United Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Leek United Building Society Review Insight

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Leek United Building Society's Mortgages now

Brilliant

We held an interest only mortgage with the Leek for nearly ten years. The service was outstanding.

Reviewed on 28th July 2021
Anthony Roberts's avatar
Anthony Roberts

Remortgage to Leek united

Remortgaged to Leek United in 2016 fantastic customer service , best bank/building society I have dealt with for mortgage. We have just Remortgaged again with Leek United and again fantastic throughout.

Reviewed on 15th July 2021
Mark Cornelius's avatar
Mark Cornelius

Best mortgage company out there

Leek United are the best mortgage company out there at the moment. Two big banks wouldn’t give us a mortgage because we took a payment holiday during lockdown but leek were amazing and gave us one and didn’t hold that against us. Will never use a big named bank ever again will stay with leek as long as we can.

Reviewed on 13th October 2020
Lucy 's avatar
Lucy

Fabulous for every family member, tot to teen.

Market Drayton branch have been especially helpful with transfer of ISA's and junior set up for youngsters. Perfect in person service.

Reviewed on 8th February 2020
Gemma 's avatar
Gemma

Excellent and efficient service

We arranged a mortgage through you and the whole experience was excellent

Reviewed on 4th February 2020
Trish Holland's avatar
Trish Holland

Excellent value.

Simple application process, Good communications, Fast processing. Fantastic value.

Reviewed on 4th February 2020
Keith Egerton 's avatar
Keith Egerton

A bunch of good guys..!!

Leek helped us to buy our house in Harrogate. The team were brilliant!!

Neil Stoddard 's avatar
Neil Stoddard

Very easy and simple

Customer service have made any query a simple and easy process. Keeping you up to date and explaining everything clearly

Dione Tara Craven's avatar
Dione Tara Craven

Dreadfully picky, pedantic. Worst Buy-to-Let lender in the market

I burned more than half a year stuck on Standard Variable Rate because of all the hoops I had to jump through for them to allow me to complete the re-mortgage with them. They won't accept a common AST contract from a high-street letting agency, they require their own terms (containing so much legalese as would earn zero stars in a plain English award) to be written into the tenancy agreement. Some of the terms ought to be illegal but they wouldn't even accept sensible changes to clarify their meaning (for example in the terms I have to sign over full ownership of my house to them - no, not just on the condition if I default on the mortgage, I have to unconditionally give them my house). I even had to change the tenancy contract (which was only legally possible by happenstance) before I could meet their requirements. They also flatly refused to allow me to transfer part of the house and mortgage to my spouse for tax advantages so the whole re-mortgage was a waste of time and money. My only option is to look at how much more I have to waste on re-mortgaging all over again with a sane lender.
Here's an excerpt of some their requirements of a Tenancy Agreement:
It must be.. "Of a term not less than six months and no longer than 12 months."
It must... "Not contain any Option to renew the Tenancy or extend the term of the Tenancy."
So either I have to throw out my tenants every year and/or pay for a new tenancy contract to be drawn up with the same tenant every year. Total waste of money.
It must... "Contain a proviso that if the rents payable thereunder or any part of the rent shall be in arrears for more than twenty eight days after the same shall have become due whether legally demanded or not or if there shall be a breach by the Tenant of the Tenant’s obligations under the Tenancy Agreement then the Landlord may re-enter the premises comprised in the tenancy or any part thereof in the name of the whole and immediately thereon the tenancy will absolutely determine without prejudice to any other rights and remedies of the Landlord." Got that? Easy to understand?
Then after jumping through all these hoops you still have to "bend over" to sign this statement:
"We the undersigned assign to the Society all of our title and interest in and to the rent arising under any tenancy agreement relating to the property to be mortgaged. We will execute any further assignment in whatever form decided by the Society if we are required to do so." So according to this they are now the landlords and the rent should just go straight to them, and if they want the fillings in my teeth I have to hand them over too! They refused to modify one word of this to clarify the intent. Utterly rubbish. I can't believe they got nominated

Graham's avatar
Graham

Influencing the future with sleek, friendly and innovative products

Great service, knowledgeable, efficient, reliable, value-for-money and caring. What more could I have asked for.

Chris's avatar
Chris

Fantastic staff had everything in place paperwork etc in days . Answered all our questions.

Hubby phoned them up explained he was leaving the forces They had everything in place by the end of the week

Andrea Deebank-Jones's avatar
Andrea Deebank-Jones

More Down to Earth

Leek helped myself and my friend with our mortgage. Other major companies looked at base financial assessments and denied us, whereas, Leek looked deeper and gathered more information rather than just running figures through a software.

Chris Cotter's avatar
Chris Cotter

excellent service

It was really easy to set up our mortgage with Leek everything went very smoothly. We thought because of our age it would be mush more difficult. We are both very happy with the service

Hazel Pinnock's avatar
Hazel Pinnock

The staff are Macclesfield branch are brillians - in every possible way.

I am always greeted like an old friend and they are extremely helpful and kind to me.

Reviewed on 2nd February 2020
Mrs. Jean H Hollinshead's avatar
Mrs. Jean H Hollinshead

5 star customer service

Outstanding service always received from the branches! Can’t fault them

Reviewed on 16th January 2020
Abbi Bowden's avatar
Abbi Bowden

Individuals that actually seem to care about the the job they do and the customers they serve.

Reviewed on 5th January 2020
thornton200's avatar
thornton200

Macclesfield Branch

The staff members are are very welcoming and helpful, I enjoy dealing directly with employees of Leek United rather than automated screen or machine, so thanks to everyone at Macclesfield

Reviewed on 3rd January 2020
Derek's avatar
Derek

Friendly and professional

Whenever we need any type of financial support. The staff are always there to help myself and my family. They are always full of advice and suggestions to best way to get most out of my money.

Reviewed on 21st December 2019
Judy Prest 's avatar
Judy Prest

Top shelf company, knocks spots off the competitors

We were lucky enough to be directed to Leek United via our mortgage broker,. They were fast and efficient and even when we hit a problem, they couldn’t do enough to support us, they acted fast and efficiently and we had our mortgage expedited as the fault was not ours. They were wonderful to deal with. We would recommend this company to our friends and family.

Reviewed on 29th November 2019
Jacqueline Powell 's avatar
Jacqueline Powell

Helpful, polite and personable

Since starting our first mortgage with Leek we have dealt with them on numerous occasions, they have been nothing short of polite and friendly during all communications. They have made everything easy and it really feels like they understand us and... Read more

Since starting our first mortgage with Leek we have dealt with them on numerous occasions, they have been nothing short of polite and friendly during all communications. They have made everything easy and it really feels like they understand us and our needs.
I would have no issues recommending leek to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 27th November 2019