Post Office: Savings reviews

Based on 39 reviews, last reviewed 24th Apr 2024
33% decrease in 1 star reviews

Mostly solid Good, had a competitive interest rate and I mostly had no issue with the account. Website was very basic but did the job fine. The only issue I had wa... Read more Reviewed on: 5th April 2024
George's avatar
George

Very poor attempt at a banking service. Very poor attempt at a banking service. ID, address and linked account checks are done manually by post. You have to post them all the documentation, ... Read more Reviewed on: 24th April 2024
NickD's avatar
NickD

About the Savings

Post Office savings reviews can help you to find out more about life at Post Office. How easy is it to contact Post Office? And how friendly are they? Our Post Office savings reviews can help you to find out information like this. Smart Money People is an independent source of honest reviews.

Review Post Office: Savings now

Post Office Savings reviews (39)

Very poor attempt at a banking service.

Very poor attempt at a banking service. ID, address and linked account checks are done manually by post. You have to post them all the documentation, which can take 14 working days. Deposits are not instant, they will take at least a week. They will close your account if inactive for 30 days which means that you'll need to make a deposit more than once a month (31 days in some months). Withdrawls can take two weeks. If you want to close your account (assuming they have not already done it for you!) they will send you a cheque within 14 working days which is actually three weeks in real terms, plus time for the post. Frequent technical issues with the website mean that accessing your account is a lottery. An example of 1970's banking in the 21st century. I should have read the other reviews and taken note. Reviewed on: 24th April 2024
NickD's avatar
NickD

Very poor.

Very poor. Tried to open an online account. But could never put funds into the account. When I did speak to someone they said I had to post information to them. It was an online account. They just wanting us to use more services. Gave up and asked for account to be closed Reviewed on: 16th April 2024
James 's avatar
James

Mostly solid

Good, had a competitive interest rate and I mostly had no issue with the account. Website was very basic but did the job fine. The only issue I had was when I tried to withdraw for the first time (did not even let me take out a few pound) - the website kept producing an uninformative error that told me to try again later. I had to call up to get the "lock" removed (after which withdrawals were no issue and were credited to my nominated account usually the following morning) which was fairly painless and the person who helped me was pleasant. If there is a danger of you needing to take out money, I would recommend trying first when you don't urgently need it to sort out this "lock" thing: I've seen other people talk about it and had more urgent situations than mine. Reviewed on: 5th April 2024
George's avatar
George

Cannot withdraw my own money.

Cannot withdraw my own money. Customer service total rubbish. Reviewed on: 23rd February 2024
D's avatar
D

Do you have a different Post Office product?

Post Office has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products