Tesco Bank Car Insurance Reviews

Ratings based on 297 reviews       Last review 2 days ago
  Visit website

Tesco Bank car insurance reviews on Smart Money People come from drivers like you! You can read these honest Tesco Bank car insurnance reviews to help you decide which car insurance provider is right for you...and your car! For example, read through our review to find out how good the claims process. And remember, if you've used Tesco Bank before, you too can write a short Tesco Bank car insurance review here to help other drivers. Smart Money People is the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can help us to increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Good

Tesco Bank Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Car Insurance Reviews

Review Tesco Bank's Car Insurance now

Disappointed

I am currently going through a claim with tesco bank insurance. I always tick that I want a courtesy car which I did this time. When I came to ask about my courtesy car I was told that although I have it I cannot have one as the car was involved in a fire! To say I am disappointed is an understatement as I understood that when you have that on your policy it covers you for any situation.

Reviewed on 23rd January 2022
Sh's avatar
Sh

Excellent communication skills

Eay to access, knowledgeable able to answer questions positively. Well done Tesco great service, friendly and reliable

Reviewed on 22nd January 2022
Anita Bokhammas's avatar
Anita Bokhammas

Absurd

Never had a car insurance asking me out of the whole week how many days I would use the car lool Tesco car insurance are absurd and pathetic

Reviewed on 6th January 2022
Sal's avatar
Sal

Scammers!!STAY AWAY!

Hello guys, I'm extremely disappointed with Tesco car insurance!!!! One word: ... Read more

Hello guys, I'm extremely disappointed with Tesco car insurance!!!! One word: SCAMMERS!!!
I had my car insurance form 20/12/20 with Tesco bank, on 22/01/21 someone hit my car and run away, luckily my mother heard the banging noise and managed to take a picture of his no plate. I've made the claim, on 18\12\2021 I received the renewal proposal which was way more expensive than the previous one, when I've checked my insurance account I noticed that the renewal is automatic, so that made me ask myself what kind of trick is that (there is a cancellation fee).
So I called customer service to cancel the renewal and ask for my no claims bonus proof, which they send with 0 years instead of 2 years. I've contacted customer support they asked me to call the claim department, claim department asked me to call the customer support department.
At some point, the claim support had more "patience" with my case and decided to open "open my eyes"
So because they didn't had enough time (almost 1 year without a few days) to resolve my claim the big company can't provide me with No-Claims Bonus proof until the claim is closed, but if I really need those 2 years of no claims bonus proof I need to pay the difference of money to cover my car repair (I paid £450 few days later after I made the claim as they requested, not saying that the voluntary excess it was only £250) the damage of my car was almost nothing: the front grill cracked, the plate no holder and 1cm scratch. £1300 for that ?? that is ridiculous for a 10-year-old car with almost no damage, they didn't paint the bumper! I still have my old scratches!
So basically I would need to pay +£2000 for insurance now instead of £800 because they didn't manage to resolve an easy claim with pictures proof. First, they said after a few months that were negotiating with the wrong insurance company, couple of months ago they found the right insurance company but the communication is very slow. Jokers !!!
I think that all this was made on porous because greediness purposes. I've made a complaint on Financial Ombudsman Service website, I'd like a bit of advice from someone that had a similar experience. Thanks

Reviewed on 5th January 2022
Ovidiu Sebastian Agavriloaie's avatar
Ovidiu Sebastian Agavriloaie

STAY AWAY!

Reviewed on 5th January 2022
Ovidiu Sebastian Agavriloaie's avatar
Ovidiu Sebastian Agavriloaie

Premium has halved- that says it all :)

As a newly qualified driver my premium is very high, I originally went with Tesco as it was cheapest to insure at £1019. My bonus miles score has been solid between 92 and 100. Then when my renewal quote came through it had halved to £519. Fantastic, would recommend :)

Reviewed on 29th December 2021
Juliet 's avatar
Juliet

Charging me for their renewal errors

I now owe them money, because of their own mistake....whilst its only a minimal amount its the principle of the matter.... Read more

Email Recieved 21/12/21

"We have noticed that your renewal documentation from */*/2021 had the incorrect price for your Protected No Claims Discount. We are sorry for this mistake but can confirm your cover wasn’t impacted.

Your overall renewal price was correct. However, following our error, we wanted to make sure you received the price that should have been shown on your letter. The table below shows the incorrect price displayed on your renewal invitation along with the correct price.

Incorrect price for Protected No Claims Discount ££0.00
Correct price for Protected No Claims Discount ££8.21

Reviewed on 20th December 2021
R R's avatar
R R

Absolute scam

I had Tesco for 1 year and I cancelled it at the end of that year cancelled the direct debit and everything brought a new insurance with different company now they’re trying to say I owe them £200 because my insurance auto renewed even tho I cancelled when I went onto the website helpline it directed me to a different website and they told me to cancel the direct debit and it will be sorted which is what I done and now they’re saying you cancelled the payment not the policy which surely is the same thing because of you’re not paying then you don’t want it worst insurance big scam I would avoid at all cost

Reviewed on 12th December 2021
Chris.Arkell's avatar
Chris.Arkell

Avoid

They will increase your policy hoping you dony check. Rather than going down in premium over the years...your premium would be increased

Reviewed on 28th November 2021
Beatrice 's avatar
Beatrice

Worst customer experience

My car breakdown. And I called them for help for 4 hours no body reached every time I called they said 1 hour more. And 4 hour passed no help. Absolutely useless pathetic service.

Reviewed on 27th November 2021
saddaf HINA's avatar
saddaf HINA

cancelling policy

They are making it impossible to cancell

Reviewed on 22nd November 2021
Marcin Malinowski's avatar
Marcin Malinowski

TREATED TERRIBLE BY TESCO!

I CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE BEEN WITH TESCO CAR INSRANCE FOR 9 YEARS WHEN WE NEED THEM THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW TREATED DISGUSTING LIED TO EVEN POLICE SAID THEY SHOULD BE CHASING THINGS UP NOW WERE STUCK WITH NO COURTEDY CAR N WE NEED TO GET TO WORK WEVE THEY SAID WE HSVE TO GIND THE GUYS NAME WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP WE HAVE HAD SOME ADVISE UR NEW CAR IS STUCK IN A CHEAP RECOERY PLC WE DONT HAVE A COURTESY CAR AND NO ONE AT TESCO GIVES A SHIT! WEVE RANG ANOUT 100 PLUS TIMES PLEASE DO NOT ISE THIS ,,,, CO!

Reviewed on 16th November 2021
Jayne Howard's avatar
Jayne Howard

Sharks or Incompetent staff, either way we have being shafted

Ever felt like you have being shafted as that’s exactly how I feel, because we have for 1 months direct d... Read more

Ever felt like you have being shafted as that’s exactly how I feel, because we have for 1 months direct debit.

Rang to cancel my car insurance renewal today.
We have made 12 monthly payments already.
Unfortunately our 13th payment came out Nov 1st 2021 (today) and the actual car insurance expires Nov 7th 2021 which we have already made the 12 monthly payments on, as you never pay for car insurance retrospectively.
So I asked if we can have todays direct debit back as we have already made the 12 payments for the 1st year and it was just unfortunate that the 13th payment which covers the first month of the new year that I am cancelling came out today.
No matter which way I described it to the person at Tesco Finance, he simply could not grasp or did not want to grasp, that this 13th payment is for the next 12 months renewal which I am cancelling.

In the end I gave up frustrated as this individual (being diplomatic) simply could not grasp simple multiplication.
They need to employee call centre staff who can do simple mathematic calculations.
As they refuse to reimburse this 13th payment.
I wont be using or recommending them, quite the opposite.

Reviewed on 1st November 2021
Roy Partington's avatar
Roy Partington

dishonest

said it was ok to use my car as a camper as i wasn't making any permeant changes then questioned that decision as soon as i made a no fault claim. useless company. avoid.

Reviewed on 18th September 2021
Michelle Davis's avatar
Michelle Davis

They ruined my life!

I was insured with Tesco bank box for one... Read more

I was insured with Tesco bank box for one year
They hiked my monthly payments up to £500 a month due to an accident
Refused to close the claim on there side so I couldn't leave them
Breached my GDPR sent all my details and ALL of my personal information out to an unknown person they did not even notify me that my address had been changed on my account
took them SIX MONTHS TO LOOK INTO THIS!
they then called me after my policy was over demanding a refund back that they granted me to keep because of the above issue.
I could not afford to travel to my key worker job, buy food or live a basic life my policy with them has now made me incur a debt of £2000!

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Reviewed on 19th August 2021
Jen2895's avatar
Jen2895

Premiums are not competitive

The customer service is good. Everyone I have spoken to is polite. Their online portal is good, easy to use and friendly.... Read more

However, their quotes for premiums are not competitive at all. They offered me a renewal price of £1370 but other insurers offered considerably less (£765 - £1000) and with half of the total excess!
Tesco can also charge or reimburse you for any change in details e.g. if you move address, if you change where the car is parked during the daytime/night time etc. They reimbursed me for address change but took most of it in admin fees, ridiculous.

Reviewed on 3rd August 2021
Nazmun Ali's avatar
Nazmun Ali

Great customer service

All the people who I spoke to at Tesco box insurance were so really nice. I would have gone with them again if I didn't find a cheaper quote else where. Would definitely recommend to new /young drivers

Reviewed on 18th May 2021
Lauren Stringer's avatar
Lauren Stringer

Ripoff no communication cancel without notice

Rip off they cancelled my car insurance today randomly without warning saying I didn't send them my ncb I had to take out a new policy with them which cost me more I had no choice but to go ahead as needed my car insured ASAP but this time round they managed to get hold of my ncb so didn't know why they couldn't the first time round won't be taking any insurance with tesco again for the following year as it might sound chaep at first but they will con you somehow so beware please don't make the same mistake I did as they don't care about your finances all they care about is making money off you.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
M Z farooq's avatar
M Z farooq

Black Box Insurance

I was insured with Tesco box insurance for a year, with no issues. Unlike other companies, they don’t penalise you for going slightly over the speed limit. Where I live there are lots of country roads (Cornwall), which means sudden stopping when meeting other cars. My current box insurance hates this. However my Tesco’s black box was great and my score was barely effected by it. If it wasn’t so expensive to insure my new car I would definitely have gone with them again. They were brilliant.

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
Jess Makin's avatar
Jess Makin

Disgusting service

They talk very rude and when the are asked to pass the call to the manager they lie and say they do not have a manager. An absolute joke and rubbish company. Will take them in court.

Reviewed on 16th February 2021