Tesco Bank: Car Insurance reviews

Based on 362 reviews, last reviewed 26th Jan 2023

great good value - very happy with my quote and had for 2 years now thanks Reviewed on: 14th October 2022
LucyMc's avatar
LucyMc

Terrible customer service, no response to emails or calls - avoid! 6 weeks after my claim was reported, still no money and no resolution. My written-off car is still sitting outside my house and although confirmed as ... Read more Reviewed on: 26th January 2023

About the Car Insurance

At Smart Money People, we collect Tesco Bank car insurance reviews to help you make an informed decision when choosing your next provider. Tesco Bank offers car, home, pet and travel insurance policies, with a guaranteed discount for Tesco Clubcard members. Tesco Bank’s standard car insurance policy is available to anybody over the age of 21, with a black box policy available for those aged 17-35. What do you need from a car insurance policy? Do you want easy access to a simple website in order to manage your policy whenever suits you best? Find out what Tesco Bank customers have to say about its online systems by reading our Tesco Bank car insurance reviews. Perhaps you want protection against uninsured drivers or extra cover for your in-car entertainment. Whatever your needs, check out the reviews on Smart Money People to see how well Tesco Bank has been rated by its customers. Have you had a car insurance policy with Tesco Bank? Consider leaving a Tesco Bank car insurance review on Smart Money People to help other drivers just like you. Did you use the Tesco Clubcard discount, and if so, did you see a notable difference in price? How did you find the customer service support? Whether your experience is good or bad, share it with our Smart Money People community. Together, we can increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Review Tesco Bank: Car Insurance now

Tesco Bank Car Insurance reviews (362)

Terrible customer service, no response to emails or calls - avoid!

6 weeks after my claim was reported, still no money and no resolution. My written-off car is still sitting outside my house and although confirmed as a write-off and an amount agreed 2 weeks ago, still no money in my account. Appalling service, really don't know how they can continue to operate. I will definitely not be using Tesco for my car insurance again. Shame, because I have several other products with Tesco Bank, like Pet Insurance and Credit Card, but reconsidering these now, based on my car insurance experience with them .... Reviewed on: 26th January 2023

worse experience ever

I had a insurance with this company and this company has done a big fraud with me, someone hit my parked car and this company said they will write off the car with the value of the car Its been 4v months Ib am calling the company bt this company isn't getting back to my phone calls or anything has been delaying to my questions and not getting back to me I am begging for my money like an idiot getting delayed and paying them every month its a rip off business. I would not recommend this to anyone the worse insurance company ever. Reviewed on: 21st January 2023

Okay but annoying

Just completed my first year with Tesco. No claims, one birthday and a renewal quote £380 higher than last year!! And, of course, if you sit back and do nothing, renewal is automatic. Telephoned, and waited only ten minutes to speak to a polite and pleasant lady. I explained had done my research and could beat their renewal quote by at least £100. Asked to wait while she "contacted the underwriters" which took less than five seconds, and she came back with a £100 reduction. I accepted and renewed with Tesco. My dissatisfaction is that this appears to be sharp practice! If they are prepared to insure me at that price, why was renewal not offered at that price? I accept that insurance companies operate an ageist policy (I am 82) but with 65 years of claim free motoring over probably 5 million miles, I think I am at least as good a risk as a 25 year old Beemer burner. Still, I don't expect them to change their policies for me, but I strongly suggest you don't just accept renewal quoted, but instead, challenge. It worked for me. Shame on you Tesco!! Reviewed on: 12th January 2023
B. McNab's avatar
B. McNab

Appalling - hit in rear by third party and doing nothing to

Atrocious service. My vehicle was hit in rear by a kid with witness statements and Police then asking me whether I wanted to press charges. Meanwhile Tesco have religiously dragged their heels over what is clear case - it was clear the accident was no fault of mine - but apparently the third party 'has'nt reported the incident to their insurers' so Tesco are sitting on their backsides doing nothing. At the same time my renewal is due, but of course, Tesco have registered an 'at fault' claim against me whilst all this drags on. Simply disgraceful service. Reviewed on: 7th January 2023
Andy's avatar
Andy

Do you have a different Tesco Bank product?

Tesco Bank has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products