Barclaycard Initial Credit Card Reviews

Barclaycard Initial Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Initial Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Barclaycard customers like? Find out more about the Barclaycard Initial Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Barclaycard Initial Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Barclaycard Review Insight

Your Initial Credit Card Reviews

Review Barclaycard's Initial Credit Card now

I have been with barclaycard for 8 years. Great customer service and friendly staff

Reviewed on 13th August 2021
Jay's avatar
Jay

Helpful staff and good products

Reviewed on 28th June 2021
Purdierachel@gmail.com's avatar
Purdierachel@gmail.com

Good

Very easy to use not over complicated and safe

Reviewed on 2nd April 2021
Lewis's avatar
Lewis

ok

they are ok but they never increase my credit amount

Reviewed on 17th March 2021
Florentina Mihaela Radu's avatar
Florentina Mihaela Radu

Hard to use

Too many security questions to access online banking, but very easy to get large credit limit

Reviewed on 22nd February 2021
Kai's avatar
Kai

Great Credit-Card

I have a basic barclaycard and I am very happy with it. The rewards system is easy to understand as well.

Reviewed on 18th February 2021
Sukhdev Guron's avatar
Sukhdev Guron

Terrible for mobile banking.

The mobile app has always been pretty bad but the shortcomings have been amplified due to Covid. 1000's of people have struggled to pay their bills from within the app for months. None of the issues have been fixed yet.

Reviewed on 4th July 2020
James Henry's avatar
James Henry

Credit card review for Barclaycard

I have mixed views on this. The positives are that you can get quite a high credit limit if needed which is extendable, their phone call support system and website are quite responsive and... Read more

I have mixed views on this. The positives are that you can get quite a high credit limit if needed which is extendable, their phone call support system and website are quite responsive and helpful.

The negative is the APR is a little higher compared to others. Also you do tend to get quite a few emails form them which could be considered a little spammy, but you can probably opt out of some of them.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
P Dutton's avatar
P Dutton

Never had any problems and it's easy to use.

Reviewed on 28th April 2020
Daniel Gomm's avatar
Daniel Gomm

Not worth banking

Staff not very friendly an ain't much help

Reviewed on 12th January 2020
Raymond burton 's avatar
Raymond burton

rubish

happily lend too much to people who cannot afford it

Reviewed on 20th November 2019
Juliet Hansen's avatar
Juliet Hansen

Bunch of idiots

Barclaycard claim to offer a first class service to ALL their customers - what a load of rubbish - go with someone else - it will be much easier, trust me

Reviewed on 17th October 2019
Moose's avatar
Moose

A great credit card to have if you are not good on credit

They have good interest and credit limits on this card. They will not let you go over and tell you when you have spent over

Reviewed on 23rd June 2019
Christopher Wheeler's avatar
Christopher Wheeler

Always spot-on

Had to call several times to sort out balance transfers, card management, reactivating account and they are always very efficient, don't have to speak to lots of different departments, generally sort things out straight away.

Reviewed on 4th June 2019
Christopher Weetman's avatar
Christopher Weetman

Never had a problem

Several years ago, I was trying to sort my finances out from utter chaos & managed to get a Barclaycard which also offered me a transfer to a 0% rate for X months. I took the card & the transfer & set a standing order to pay as much as I could over the minimum payment, regularly every month. Since then, I haven't looked back. Barclaycard always have offers on for loyal customers, the fact that I can transfer to that card & make regular payments saved me money on interest over the whole period & helped me pay off my debts, manage my credit in a more controlled, responsible manner & also to build my credit score. Periodically, they increased my limit, which allowed me to shift more debts to them, using the same "as much as you can afford, but more than the minimum payment " mantra I had adopted.
I have now brought around £25,000 worth of debt down to about £7,000 - which also includes the following purchases in the last 12 months - new oven, new boiler, a new bathroom, double glazing throughout the whole house & guttering & fascias all replaced. These essentials would have been impossible had I not been able to bring that debt down initially & the positive impact on my credit score meant that I was able to secure a mortgage & buy a house.
Even when I made a purchase on my card, customer services arranged to move that amount to a "lifetime" rate, which benefitted me as a customer.

Reviewed on 16th May 2019

Reviewed on 15th April 2019
francis woods's avatar
francis woods

The best card in Town.

This card is so easy to use and earn more while spending.

Reviewed on 31st January 2019
Ruben Raj Pandey's avatar
Ruben Raj Pandey

Good idea, needs some work

The initial card is a brilliant idea however Barclaycard don’t necessarily support new to credit customers in the ways that they may benefit.

Reviewed on 11th January 2019
gibbonm's avatar
gibbonm

The best initial credit card

Barclaycard is the best initial credit card to build credit history in the UK.

Reviewed on 31st December 2018

No hidden fees

It is excellent because it has no hidden fees, you only get charged if you don’t pay on time, transfer or withdraw, but you can do online shopping or in store shopping, use the card in different currencies and countries with no fees

Reviewed on 9th December 2018