Nationwide Credit Card Reviews

Nationwide Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Nationwide customers like? Find out more about the Nationwide Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Nationwide Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Nationwide Review Insight

Your Credit Card Reviews

Review Nationwide's Credit Card now

Great company

Nationwide never let you down. Been with them years. They value loyalty which is appreciated

Reviewed on 28th March 2021
CKM's avatar
CKM

Good expirencevti deal with transactions

Best ever, well presented company who deal with finances so far. Excellent presentation to quality service

Reviewed on 13th March 2021
kenji038's avatar
kenji038

A simple credit card

An easy to manage, no frills, credit card- does the job!

Reviewed on 8th February 2021
Adam's avatar
Adam

Thieves and liars!

Nationwide credit card are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They have charged me over £170 for a balance transfer that they NEVER made for me and after 1.5 years of going back and forth with a million different departments they still refuse to give me a refund. I have made several complaints to them, but none of my complaints have been given a FINAL RESPONSE! When I spoke to the financial ombudsman, they advised me that NATIONWIDE ARE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO SEND ME A FINAL RESPONSE LETTER. Yet they refuse. Every time I call them they tell me that the case has been closed without even providing me with a final response letter. What a joke of a building society! I wish I never left Santander! I do not recommend Nationwide to anyone! ESPECIALLY NATIONWIDE CREDIT CARD. CROOKS!

Reviewed on 7th December 2020
fouzhan's avatar
fouzhan

pathetic procedure

I have been a customer for over 20 years and I never missed a payment, However I receive a letter saying I have missed a payment for £ 5.50 and have incurred a late charge . I ring them and they then refund the late charge , and while I am on the phone, I actually pay £ 674.00 that isn't even due for another 10 days. They then notify Experian that I have defaulted and missed a payment ( WAIT FOR IT ),,, for £ 674.00 !! which is now on my credit file. How much is that all back to front !! I have explained to Experian and they fully understand that Nationwide have made an error , but having spoken to Nationwide on 3 occasions now, they are not prepared are able to even speak to Experian and explain what happened. Ironically the
£ 5.50 bill was payed also on time, I will be cancelling the card and all other products I have with them. As far as my credit file is concerned , it will just sit there for no fault of my own , and is due to the Nationwide's incompetence and poor customer support. NOT HAPPY

Reviewed on 21st July 2020
Peter's avatar
Peter

Good credit card when abroad.

Pin problems abroad meant lots of stress but the helpline was easy to access and good advice meant the problem was sorted quickly.

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Alison Latham's avatar
Alison Latham

Best customer service I've experienced in a long time

Incredibly efficient fraud prevention service when my card was skimmed, and a new card was with me in under 72 hours. Always fantastic customer service and great communication whenever I've needed to contact the team!

Reviewed on 1st June 2020
Charlotte's avatar
Charlotte

Disgraceful customer care

Disgraceful customer service and banking facility.... Read more

Disgraceful customer service and banking facility.

If anyone still banks with these crooks I recommend you switch if you ever want to get any descent customer service and aid in times of need.

Having fallen a victim to Coronavirus was worried about making loan repayments for the upcoming month as I was in self-isolation and on unpaid leave from work. Have always kept up with my loan payments and never missed anything for the past 3 years.

Dont let the false advertisements on their website fool you, they try to come across as they are very helpful and that they will assist their customers during "challenging times", having called their "Triage" team and waited over 1 hour on hold, I pleaded with the rep to offer some help to overcome the situation am in, wether that will be 1 month payment holiday on the loan or an increase in overdraft / credit card limit to tie me over just for 1 month and the outcome was, they only offered to change the repayment date on the loan and move it back by upto 14 days like that is going to help!, they do this all year round , nothing new and certainley no additional help during this pandemic.

These stingy crooks did not even consider freezing credit card or overdraft fees just for 1 month till i return to work.

Lastly in the same week, i accidently transfered some money from my current account to my credit card (online via internet banking), I was meant to transfer it to my savings account but as you know its very easy to select the wrong account to transfer money to in the drop down menu. After realising my mistake, I found there is no option to transfer money back from your credit card to your current account. I gave customer support a call and got through to a guy called "Sachin" (sounded like a right chav) whom immediatly said "you been passed to me in the collections department, your balance is xx and you need to pay xx"... I thought what the hell is this guy on? No one passed me through, I called in and my query is not related to balance, I have already paid the monthly amount due on my card thanks!!, I then told him the reason for my call to which he replied to transfer money back from credit card to current account would take 5 days to process..... and as i questioned why so long, he replied, you made the mistake what do you want us to about it?

As you can see, the customer service is shocking, rude, incompetent staff even at the highest level, you can not even get through to a manager or to the complaints team, instead they take your number and you'd be lucky to ever recieve a call back from the complaints department.

This is the 21st century folks.....and Nationwide expects you to wait 5 days to get funds transfered from your nationwide current account to your nationwide credit card back, come on people, open your eyes. just check what other banks offer and you will be suprised at the level of care and service compared to Nationwide which is a sinking ship!

By the way, I also had a loan with YB and Post office and having spoke to their financial care team, they both provided a month payment holiday to assist me during the crisis which has meant reduced income. I am ever grateful to these banks and the difference between customer care and support is night and day compared to the crooked Nationwide.

I will ensure on my return to work that I change bank details with my employer to YB with the outlook of closing my bank account with Nationscum.

Reviewed on 23rd March 2020

Reviewed on 27th January 2020
Peter's avatar
Peter

Happy with the service

Helpful knowledgeable staff, will suggest products to suit you. Been with them for quite a few years & no intention to move.

Reviewed on 2nd January 2020
Sandra Stitchell's avatar
Sandra Stitchell

Excellent Card

friendly telephone staff, good rates, very good on security and fraud.

Reviewed on 21st November 2019
DM's avatar
DM

Worst Bank EVER - DO NOT BANK WITH THIS BUNCH OF CROOKS

After getting behind with some payments due to financial problems, Nationwide informed me that they intend to ILLEGALLY change the unsecured credit card debt into a SECURED debt which they were going to secure against my house. This is utterly irresponsible and illegal !!!

Reviewed on 10th November 2019
J Philpott's avatar
J Philpott

Best experience overall compared with all other banks!

Best experience overall than all other banks I have used in the past!

Reviewed on 7th November 2019
Susan Shipp's avatar
Susan Shipp

Good and Bad Nationwide

Good customer service but annoyingly will only text main cardholder if a query- will not take or use an alternative mobile number

Reviewed on 6th November 2019
David Forth's avatar
David Forth

cashback

good cashback rates for none american express eligible people.

Reviewed on 30th July 2019
mark's avatar
mark

Caution

Before giving me a credit card Nationwide gave me a long talk on the best way to handle money and then quizzed me on all the information. They were very thorough and seemed to really care for my needs.

Reviewed on 22nd June 2019
Eileen Tingle's avatar
Eileen Tingle

So easy

Easy to take out, usually a good opening offer available and there for you in an emergency. I had my card stop working on holiday and their advice was great.

Alison Latham's avatar
Alison Latham

Nice people to deal with.

Easy to use everywhere and very customer friendly.

Drene's avatar
Drene

Manage your credit balance

They're careful when increasing or decreasing credit limit. Not a reckless company.

Soo99's avatar
Soo99

Doesn't quite make my grade

It was good as a cashback card for a while.Then they cut the amount,not worth the hassle now.

Reviewed on 1st June 2019