Nationwide Credit Card Reviews

Nationwide Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Nationwide customers like? Find out more about the Nationwide Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Nationwide Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Your Credit Card Reviews

Review Nationwide's Credit Card now

Been with this society for almost 30 yrs. There is still none better.

Whilst Overdrafts are regulated and have to be charged at ridiculous rates, (42%) Nationwide offers a very broad range of competitive products, is fair, transparent and their staff are absolutely spectacular. If I had to pick a favourite branch, it would Read more

Whilst Overdrafts are regulated and have to be charged at ridiculous rates, (42%) Nationwide offers a very broad range of competitive products, is fair, transparent and their staff are absolutely spectacular. If I had to pick a favourite branch, it would be the one at Southside Shopping Centre. This was not ideal, during the pandemic, but this branch is easily accessible, especially for disabled customers, is up-to-date with technology. (ATM Deposits of cash appear instantly on your account, for example) and the staff outstanding. At busier times, mainly lunch, it can be a little frustrating, as queues tend to form, but most other times, you can be in and out in under 10 mins. Also, very convenient for retailers who use the Shopping Centre, as they can get their deposits banked without even leaving the centre. I have to admit, Nationwide are slow to realise their potential in this area.

Reviewed on 12th June 2022
Mike Kelly's avatar
Mike Kelly

Horrendous!!

My fiancé and I are purchasing a house in America. He needs to transfer funds to the States in order to do this. Because of that, Nationwide started a fraud investigation which we had no problem with. What we do have a problem with is that they started it Read more

My fiancé and I are purchasing a house in America. He needs to transfer funds to the States in order to do this. Because of that, Nationwide started a fraud investigation which we had no problem with. What we do have a problem with is that they started it without any of the legal documents. We actually provided them of our own accord. This “investigation” has been going on and on causing us to missed our actual closing date. Not only do you never get to talk to the same person twice, but everyday you get a different story. One person will call and say, ok you’re good to go. Next day you get someone else and the nightmare begins again. Apparently it does not matter if you’ve submitted the legal paperwork or not. They will still freeze your account and prevent you from using your own funds to secure a residence.

Reviewed on 2nd June 2022
Christina Finkle's avatar
Christina Finkle

Avoid !!!!!!

Really poor customer service from this place. Treated poorly in branch by a rude member of staff who was very arrogant. Raised this with their customer service Tanya Pisani who offered a boris special “lessons will be learned” - absolutely disgusting Read more

Raised this with their customer service Tanya Pisani who offered a boris special “lessons will be learned” - absolutely disgusting customer service.

Avoid and bank elsewhere !!!

Reviewed on 24th May 2022
Russ's avatar
Russ

Unprofessional CSR and managers

Shady, shady employees.... I am sure Nationwide Bank is a great bank but it is run by unprofessionals and uneducated people that probably never graduated high school. This is managed by people in New York or New Jersey who are uneducated and use the Read more

Shady, shady employees....

This is managed by people in New York or New Jersey who are uneducated and use the word "Axe" when using the word "Ask!" You can't reason with people that are uneducated that are also unprofessional.

Nationwide Credit Card tried to side with the merchant even when I provided all the information they requested. I continued the dispute for over a year and I eventually won my dispute. In the end, this was pointless. They sent me a letter telling me credit will be returned to my credit card but Nationwide never gave me credit.

I left countless messages for several managers and no one called me back.

Then they reported to Experian that I did not pay my credit card that ruined my credit score.

Reviewed on 24th May 2022
Happy Pappy's avatar
Happy Pappy

Great if going abroad

Excellent exchange rates if using abroad.

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
gden's avatar
gden

Perfect

Good interest rate, good app, good service! Perfect!

Reviewed on 11th March 2022
Banking customer's avatar
Banking customer

Going extra mile

Real people to deal with and they genuinely help

Reviewed on 11th February 2022
Henry Davies 's avatar
Henry Davies

Had no issues

We have had no issues with this card or company

Reviewed on 8th February 2022
susan himsworth's avatar
susan himsworth

Great customer service.

U.K. based call centres, who are quick to answer the phone and assist with any problems.

Reviewed on 13th January 2022
Derek Wickham's avatar
Derek Wickham

Great company

Nationwide never let you down. Been with them years. They value loyalty which is appreciated

Reviewed on 28th March 2021
CKM's avatar
CKM

Good expirencevti deal with transactions

Best ever, well presented company who deal with finances so far. Excellent presentation to quality service

Reviewed on 13th March 2021
kenji038's avatar
kenji038

A simple credit card

An easy to manage, no frills, credit card- does the job!

Reviewed on 8th February 2021
Adam's avatar
Adam

Thieves and liars!

Nationwide credit card are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They have charged me over £170 for a balance transfer that they NEVER made for me and after 1.5 years of going back and forth with a million different departments they still refuse to gi Read more

Nationwide credit card are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They have charged me over £170 for a balance transfer that they NEVER made for me and after 1.5 years of going back and forth with a million different departments they still refuse to give me a refund. I have made several complaints to them, but none of my complaints have been given a FINAL RESPONSE! When I spoke to the financial ombudsman, they advised me that NATIONWIDE ARE LEGALLY OBLIGED TO SEND ME A FINAL RESPONSE LETTER. Yet they refuse. Every time I call them they tell me that the case has been closed without even providing me with a final response letter. What a joke of a building society! I wish I never left Santander! I do not recommend Nationwide to anyone! ESPECIALLY NATIONWIDE CREDIT CARD. CROOKS!

Reviewed on 7th December 2020
fouzhan's avatar
fouzhan

pathetic procedure

I have been a customer for over 20 years and I never missed a payment, However I receive a letter saying I have missed a payment for £ 5.50 and have incurred a late charge . I ring them and they then refund the late charge , and while I am on the phone, I Read more

I have been a customer for over 20 years and I never missed a payment, However I receive a letter saying I have missed a payment for £ 5.50 and have incurred a late charge . I ring them and they then refund the late charge , and while I am on the phone, I actually pay £ 674.00 that isn't even due for another 10 days. They then notify Experian that I have defaulted and missed a payment ( WAIT FOR IT ),,, for £ 674.00 !! which is now on my credit file. How much is that all back to front !! I have explained to Experian and they fully understand that Nationwide have made an error , but having spoken to Nationwide on 3 occasions now, they are not prepared are able to even speak to Experian and explain what happened. Ironically the
£ 5.50 bill was payed also on time, I will be cancelling the card and all other products I have with them. As far as my credit file is concerned , it will just sit there for no fault of my own , and is due to the Nationwide's incompetence and poor customer support. NOT HAPPY

Reviewed on 21st July 2020
Peter's avatar
Peter

Good credit card when abroad.

Pin problems abroad meant lots of stress but the helpline was easy to access and good advice meant the problem was sorted quickly.

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Alison Latham's avatar
Alison Latham

Best customer service I've experienced in a long time

Incredibly efficient fraud prevention service when my card was skimmed, and a new card was with me in under 72 hours. Always fantastic customer service and great communication whenever I've needed to contact the team!

Reviewed on 1st June 2020
Charlotte's avatar
Charlotte

Disgraceful customer care

Disgraceful customer service and banking facility. If anyone still banks with these crooks I recommend you switch if you ever want to get any descent customer service and aid in times of need. Having fallen a victim to Coronavirus was worried abou Read more

Disgraceful customer service and banking facility.

Having fallen a victim to Coronavirus was worried about making loan repayments for the upcoming month as I was in self-isolation and on unpaid leave from work. Have always kept up with my loan payments and never missed anything for the past 3 years.

Dont let the false advertisements on their website fool you, they try to come across as they are very helpful and that they will assist their customers during "challenging times", having called their "Triage" team and waited over 1 hour on hold, I pleaded with the rep to offer some help to overcome the situation am in, wether that will be 1 month payment holiday on the loan or an increase in overdraft / credit card limit to tie me over just for 1 month and the outcome was, they only offered to change the repayment date on the loan and move it back by upto 14 days like that is going to help!, they do this all year round , nothing new and certainley no additional help during this pandemic.

These stingy crooks did not even consider freezing credit card or overdraft fees just for 1 month till i return to work.

Lastly in the same week, i accidently transfered some money from my current account to my credit card (online via internet banking), I was meant to transfer it to my savings account but as you know its very easy to select the wrong account to transfer money to in the drop down menu. After realising my mistake, I found there is no option to transfer money back from your credit card to your current account. I gave customer support a call and got through to a guy called "Sachin" (sounded like a right chav) whom immediatly said "you been passed to me in the collections department, your balance is xx and you need to pay xx"... I thought what the hell is this guy on? No one passed me through, I called in and my query is not related to balance, I have already paid the monthly amount due on my card thanks!!, I then told him the reason for my call to which he replied to transfer money back from credit card to current account would take 5 days to process..... and as i questioned why so long, he replied, you made the mistake what do you want us to about it?

As you can see, the customer service is shocking, rude, incompetent staff even at the highest level, you can not even get through to a manager or to the complaints team, instead they take your number and you'd be lucky to ever recieve a call back from the complaints department.

This is the 21st century folks.....and Nationwide expects you to wait 5 days to get funds transfered from your nationwide current account to your nationwide credit card back, come on people, open your eyes. just check what other banks offer and you will be suprised at the level of care and service compared to Nationwide which is a sinking ship!

By the way, I also had a loan with YB and Post office and having spoke to their financial care team, they both provided a month payment holiday to assist me during the crisis which has meant reduced income. I am ever grateful to these banks and the difference between customer care and support is night and day compared to the crooked Nationwide.

I will ensure on my return to work that I change bank details with my employer to YB with the outlook of closing my bank account with Nationscum.

Reviewed on 23rd March 2020

Reviewed on 27th January 2020
Peter's avatar
Peter

Happy with the service

Helpful knowledgeable staff, will suggest products to suit you. Been with them for quite a few years & no intention to move.

Reviewed on 2nd January 2020
Sandra Stitchell's avatar
Sandra Stitchell

Excellent Card

friendly telephone staff, good rates, very good on security and fraud.

Reviewed on 21st November 2019