NatWest Reward Platinum Account Reviews

Thinking of opening a NatWest Reward current Platinum account? Read the reviews on Smart Money People to help make up your mind about this packaged account with benefits. Our community shares their experiences of the benefits, charges, overdrafts, and anything else to do with this bank account in order to help others decide if it's the right account for them. So if you're already a NatWest Platinum account holder, please share a review of your own and help others who are looking for reviews of this product.

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 is open!VOTE HERE

Your Reward Platinum Account Reviews

Review NatWest's Reward Platinum Account now

Good people, online banking is a nightmare

The people that work for the bank are nice and genuine and I've never had an issue with any of them. However, their system is flawed, it is based off of everyone keeping note of everything they have received since they opened the bank account. Which cause Read more

The people that work for the bank are nice and genuine and I've never had an issue with any of them. However, their system is flawed, it is based off of everyone keeping note of everything they have received since they opened the bank account. Which causes someone to go through literal hell in order to open and access an online banking account. it almost seems pointless, accept to the factor that so much now requires you to access your online banking. The worst issue I have found is having a phone. Most people will store important information on their phone as it is no longer 1985. If your phone breaks and you want to order a new phone over 400 pounds, and like me you're a student, then re-registering for online banking because your login information is stored on your phone isn't enough. Because you are required to provide a code to confirm the re-registration, that is sent to your phone number, but your phone is broken and there is no option to send the message to the email account connected to your bank account. Due to this I have literally had to order a smart phone that is bog standard under hundred pound in order to download the NatWest app, take the SIM card from my broken phone, place it in this bog standard phone. Order the 490 pound phone and then confirm it on the app with the new phone. All because NatWest doesn't allow you to send authentication codes to your email. I'm literally buying a phone in order to buy a phone. Research all your banking options.

Reviewed on 7th May 2022
Michael David Sturch's avatar
Michael David Sturch

Administration nightmare

Mandate to join an existing account took 8 weeks to be processed, and only happened after many calls of 'encouragement'. Now, 7 months on, I am still not able to use the account, I'm not recognised by the system and calls go unanswered. Natwest's goal is Read more

Mandate to join an existing account took 8 weeks to be processed, and only happened after many calls of 'encouragement'. Now, 7 months on, I am still not able to use the account, I'm not recognised by the system and calls go unanswered. Natwest's goal is indeed simple: not interested in customers when the process is anything but a straightforward new account.

Reviewed on 6th May 2022
P R's avatar
P R

As I near my 80th birthday even I could converse with Cora

Only downside was the speed of her responses I needed time to absorb her remarks and before I could ask for a clarification she was gone ..... The lass was much in demand lol

William Rabbett's avatar
William Rabbett

Great App!

their app has reduced my reliance on branches massively. I used to go probably once per month, now it's more like once per year.

Colin Goodall's avatar
Colin Goodall

Lack of flexibility

Not recommend. Money for nothing

Tomasz Ihnatowicz's avatar
Tomasz Ihnatowicz

Fantastic rewards and account benefits

Get rewarded for banking with them and the account benefits are amazing!

Reviewed on 25th March 2022
natasha 's avatar
natasha

Value for Money

This account has everything you need from mobile cover, car breakdown and discounts

Emma 's avatar
Emma

Great bank, great app

Excellent customer service in branches and an amazing app!

Nuno David's avatar
Nuno David

Covers everything

The account I have covers more of my day to day needs and I get paid back for it.

Chard 's avatar
Chard

Best offer for me

The account I have with NatWest fits in with my life style better then other banks

Reviewed on 12th March 2022
Chard's avatar
Chard

I do not plan on going anywhere!

Everything in one place, my current account (since I was 11), savings, credit card and mortgage. Couldn’t ask for a better service or mobile banking app!

Reviewed on 11th March 2022
gemmalouise's avatar
gemmalouise

Reward account very rewarding

Contacted Natwest on phone to resolve question with my account and at the same time was suggested a change in account may be worth doing. Did not seem pressured was just given the facts and determined it would be worth it based on a few factors. Couple of Read more

Contacted Natwest on phone to resolve question with my account and at the same time was suggested a change in account may be worth doing. Did not seem pressured was just given the facts and determined it would be worth it based on a few factors. Couple of months later and the amount of rewards just keep piling up, very pleased and glad there was no hard sell on the product.

Reviewed on 9th March 2022
bpgamer2048's avatar
bpgamer2048

very rewarding account

fab service and make lots of rewards on my account and the mobile app fab

Reviewed on 5th March 2022
marie nuttall 's avatar
marie nuttall

Fantastic account!

The package accounts are great value for money and provide you with many benefits!

Reviewed on 4th March 2022
Jake Beavis's avatar
Jake Beavis

Perfect

I love this bank the service really really good and didn’t have any problems with last 15 years they made me happy and make life easier the bank you can trust.

Reviewed on 21st January 2022
Hammza's avatar
Hammza

Very Appy with my bank

the branches, the online team, the mobile banking app is the best their is

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
ellew's avatar
ellew

Refused Society Account

Banked with Nat West for 51 years, had Business accounts , Foundations Mortgage, just turned down for a Club/Society account with no explanation. The days of customer service are gone, I've had Personal Business managers, etc, now just an account number, Read more

Banked with Nat West for 51 years, had Business accounts , Foundations Mortgage, just turned down for a Club/Society account with no explanation. The days of customer service are gone, I've had Personal Business managers, etc, now just an account number, cannot speak to anyone who knows anything or can do anything. Might move to Barclays who have aggress to open an account.
Dr S

Reviewed on 18th September 2021
Stephen Howlett's avatar
Stephen Howlett

Friendly

Family bank, super friendly and helpful to all ages

Reviewed on 17th August 2021
lucielouboo@icloud.com's avatar
lucielouboo@icloud.com

Amazing, helpful and simple

I have been a Natwest customer for the past 18 years and they continually improve their services, are very helpful and are not pushy with their products. I would highly recommend the banking app as well as the online banking. Every time I need to call the Read more

I have been a Natwest customer for the past 18 years and they continually improve their services, are very helpful and are not pushy with their products. I would highly recommend the banking app as well as the online banking. Every time I need to call them I get through within a minute or two and they are always knowledgable and friendly.

Reviewed on 13th August 2021
Thomas-William McNaught-Roberts's avatar
Thomas-William McNaught-Roberts

Average Banking

I started banking with the national Westminster when I was 16. At 67 I am still with them, they treat me like a number, not a human being and personal service has long gone!

Reviewed on 20th February 2021