Petplan Pet Insurance Reviews

Petplan offer pet insurance policies designed to help keep your beloved pet safe and sound. With pet owners understandably wanting to make sure that they choose the best pet insurnace company, Smart Money People is the place for independent Petplan pet insurance reviews. Our mission is to use the power of YOUR reviews to help increase trust and transparency in financial services. You can help us by writing your own Petplan pet insurance reviews to help other pet owners to find out what life as an Petplan pet insurace customer is really like.

Petplan Review Insight

Voting in the British Bank Awards 2021 is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Pet Insurance Reviews

Review Petplan's Pet Insurance now

Covered For Life

PetPlan offers Cover for Life and it really does mean this. The problem with so many other pet insurance companies is that they have limits for specific illnesses and then they are excluded after a claim. But this allows you to renew the benefit each... Read more

PetPlan offers Cover for Life and it really does mean this. The problem with so many other pet insurance companies is that they have limits for specific illnesses and then they are excluded after a claim. But this allows you to renew the benefit each year.

Having made a claim on the policy, it was easy to do through my vets who filled in all the details and sent it off. Another reason to choose PetPlan is they are very trusted and respected by vets, who know they will pay out without quibbles and in my experience this has been the case; the premium did not even go up loads afterwards as might have been expected. They support lots of charities and also run the Veterinary awards.

Reviewed on 8th August 2016
Karen Scammell's avatar
Karen Scammell
Editors Choice

Always been there when needed

When my cat was just 11mths she had an accident. Believed fallen from a roof. She broke her leg. Pet plan arranged excellent Pets hospital for an operation. When she was 8yrs old She was diagnosed with Cancer. I got a lot of support, but was never pushed into doing anything I did not want. I decided her treatment and PetPlan allowed this without question. Sadly she died.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
Iris's avatar
Iris

Pricey but worth it

Best insurer for peace of mind and proper cover. Customer service generally very good. Wouldn’t use anyone else for my pets.

Reviewed on 18th September 2020
EM's avatar
EM

Great service, great value

very efficient - online service and direct contact is excellent

Reviewed on 17th September 2020
Angela 's avatar
Angela

Quick and simple claim submission and payment

Petplan provides excellent cover and has a very straight forward claim process. The payment process for claims is also smooth and prompt.

Hannah's avatar
Hannah

Very professional in dealing with customer queries and claims.

I have found it reassuring to know that my Pet has Insurance Cover. Have previously needed to make a claim, in difficult times, and was handled with care and professionalism by the Pet Plan team. Thank you.

Sue Cooper's avatar
Sue Cooper

Perfect Petplan

It has always been very straightforward dealing with Petplan - claims are sorted out quickly and the staff are always friendly and helpful. Very professional company, highly recommended :)

Jacqui's avatar
Jacqui

Awesome!

Quick easy and efficient! Nothing more to say!

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
Liamnabbs's avatar
Liamnabbs

Big increase each year

I was with petplan for 2 years and didn’t make a single claim and my premium went up by £10 a month. I enquired online and petplan were offering the same cover I had for cheaper so I rang to speak to someone about it and the guy said I was lying about the online quote, was monotone, absolutely no negotiation and did not sound bothered with my query at all. I ended up cancelling the policy due to this and finding the same cover elsewhere for half the price.

Reviewed on 15th September 2020
Debi's avatar
Debi

Excellent Provider

Have had petplan covered for life insurance for my cats for over 20 years, never had a problem claiming or getting information.

Reviewed on 14th September 2020
Simon Hempsall's avatar
Simon Hempsall

The best pet insurance in Uk

I have always insured my pets with pet plan and have found them fair and helpful and very professional

Reviewed on 13th September 2020
Jennifer Taylor's avatar
Jennifer Taylor

Super Hero doggie insurance!

Fantastic insurance! Been paying the insurance for some years and when the first time came, when my dog was poorly, PETPLAN came through FIVE STARS*****

Reviewed on 9th September 2020
Lisa J Owen's avatar
Lisa J Owen

Never a problem

In all many many years we've used Petplan we have never encountered a problem with them and some of our claims have large, it's great knowing they are there for us.

Reviewed on 8th September 2020
Roger Holmes's avatar
Roger Holmes

Absolutely Brilliant

Always prompt and attentive.Thankyou for past help and anything that may happen in the future

DB Mitchell's avatar
DB Mitchell

Friendly and reliable insurance

I am currently having to use my insurance as my dog has ruptured his cruciate ligament. I am so very glad I have petplan as they are very friendly and reliable. The claims are really easy to submit and it is sorted out with no worries. I would highly recommend and am so thankful I have insured my dog with petplan.

Rach's avatar
Rach

Exceptional

Petplan made our final journey with our beloved dog as stress free as possible, making a claim with them at this very difficult time was an experience any pet owner would like to have, our claims were paid within days of submission. I would highly recommend Petplan insurance to friends and family, definitely a no hassle pet insurance company!

Janet Hyde's avatar
Janet Hyde

CORTEOUS, EXPEDIENT & SETTLE CLAIMS SPEEDILY

OUR LITTLE RESCUE WHIPPET WAS IN SERIOUS TROUBLE & THE VET TELEPHONED US, ADVISED US OF THE AMOUNT OF THE CURRENT TOTAL THAT WAS THE MAXIMUM ON HER POLICY BUT SHE NEEDED ANOTHER OPERATION, WE TOLD HER TO GO AHEAD AND THAT COST US OVER £1000 - THAT WAS OVER & ABOVE THE POLICY MAX, WHICH WAS PAID PROMPTLY, FOR WHICH WERE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL AS THE VET GAVE US SOME TIME TO PAY THE EXCESS.

Blyth Duncan's avatar
Blyth Duncan

Excellent insurance

Excellent insurance and very helpful with any questions and claims.

Reviewed on 5th September 2020
Emily's avatar
Emily

Fast payment to Vets & Owners

Petplan have always given excellent customer service and our dog wouldn't be alive today without them.

Reviewed on 4th September 2020
Valerie leivers's avatar
Valerie leivers

Excellent professional service

My cocker spaniel suffers from chronic hepatitis which requires medication, intermittent blood tests and veterinary examination. All claims made have been settled promptly and efficiently with payments being made direct to my veterinary practice. The standard of service I have received gives me peace of mind.

Reviewed on 2nd September 2020