Petplan: Pet Insurance reviews

Based on 2,150 reviews, last reviewed 24th Dec 2022
99% decrease in 5 star reviews

Such an easy way to get good cover for your pet It was SO easy to get a quote for my puppy's insurance. I've never been on a site where its been so easy to get insurance cover. They are terrific tha... Read more Reviewed on: 24th December 2022

Pet Plan is a SCAM Pet Plan is an Absolute SCAM. You’re premium goes up every year excessively in jumps like £15 to £20. Started off at £35 and eight years later is £10... Read more Reviewed on: 21st November 2022
Carola Baer's avatar
Carola Baer

About the Pet Insurance

Petplan offer pet insurance policies designed to help keep your beloved pet safe and sound. With pet owners understandably wanting to make sure that they choose the best pet insurnace company, Smart Money People is the place for independent Petplan pet insurance reviews. Our mission is to use the power of YOUR reviews to help increase trust and transparency in financial services. You can help us by writing your own Petplan pet insurance reviews to help other pet owners to find out what life as an Petplan pet insurace customer is really like.

Review Petplan: Pet Insurance now

Petplan Pet Insurance reviews (2150)

Such an easy way to get good cover for your pet

It was SO easy to get a quote for my puppy's insurance. I've never been on a site where its been so easy to get insurance cover. They are terrific thank you. They deserve an award for definate Reviewed on: 24th December 2022

Pet Plan is a SCAM

Pet Plan is an Absolute SCAM. You’re premium goes up every year excessively in jumps like £15 to £20. Started off at £35 and eight years later is £105 . They cover absolutely nothing . The £780 dental work was considered cosmetic and not covered . I have stopped the insurance now as the first time I make a claim because my dog got sick, nothing was covered because I had to pay 20% excess deductible which was the cost of the visit and so Pet Plan wiggled their way out of paying anything. I paid and they didn’t . I cannot for the life of me understand why I have been paying thousands of pounds over the years and nothing nothing nothing was ever covered under their terms . Pet Plan are a scum insurance . Put your money in a bank account for your pet and pay for things this way . Note I was paying £105 per month for a £4000 coverage Do you know that a simple scan and test was priced at £8000 so even if you have pet insurance your £4000 doesn’t even get you a test result let alone any treatment . And your excess on a £4000 claim will be £800 . So the actual coverage is only £3200. Meanwhile in four years you could have £5000 in your pets bank account and in 8 years over £10,000 saved for treatment . I massively regret paying into Pet Plan all these years . They only care about making money and not you pet. Reviewed on: 21st November 2022
Carola Baer's avatar
Carola Baer

Best in class

No claims penalty and fast payment everything. Reviewed on: 16th October 2022

Top company

Fair, prompt and reassuring to deal with. Reviewed on: 16th October 2022

Do you have a different Petplan product?

Petplan has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products