Aviva Reviews

Ratings based on 659 reviews       Last review 4 days ago

Aviva reviews written by our Smart Money People can help you to find out what life as an Aviva customer is really like. As one of the UK's largest insurance companies, Aviva has sold millions of insurance policies across many products. Read and write Aviva reviews today, and together we can help to increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Aviva Review Insight

Fees & Charges

Insurance Choice Awards logo Winner of 'Best Life Insurance Provider' in the 2017 Insurance Choice Awards

3 year moratorium turns to 5

Aviva could not care less when you phone to make a claim; it became clear at the outset that the person taking the call was just after a way to find any evidence at all to stop them paying out. When I brought my insurance I was told I had a 3 year moratorium, however when I phoned to claim that somehow became 5? They blamed this on the insurance broker and a misunderstanding, but honestly it was apparent from the outset that they were going to move heaven and earth not to pay out. I feel I've been paying out every month for worthless cover. The staff member thought I'd started my policy in July 2019 and wouldn't pay because of the amazing time-travelling moratorium, but when I pointed out my cover started in December 2019 somehow, by sleight of hand, had I had my cover for 3 months longer I actually would have been covered. How does that work?

Reviewed on 22nd September 2021
Scottie's avatar
Scottie

Doesnt cover emergency

My partner went to A&E and NHS and was told they needed to have surgery urgently or go blind. We called Aviva who we have had insurance with for over a year and never used. We were told it would take two weeks to get the surgery done. If we waited that long my partner would be permanently blind. Do not buy this insurance. It isnt worth the paper it's written on. Absolutely horrible

Reviewed on 18th September 2021
Teressa Miller's avatar
Teressa Miller

Lifetime Mortgage

Customer Supporting

Customer Service was very good, although the product price is little high. Fast response back at proposal stage.

Reviewed on 17th September 2021
Rony Zachariah's avatar
Rony Zachariah

Disgusting

Aviva is hands down the worst health insurance company I have ever been with unfortunately I have no choice as through my work but will be raising this with HR. It is very true per the other comments that customer service will do anything to find a way not to cover more than an initial appointment. Full diagnosis is not covered even though my policy says it does. I am left with no proper diagnose or management plan. I fail to understand what the point is of having this insurance. Not worth your time or money. AVOID.

Reviewed on 6th September 2021
MJ's avatar
MJ

Health Insurance

Comprehensive policy that is almost impossible to claim on

Do not take out a policy with these f*ckwits, they will find a way to weasel out of a claim any way they can.

Reviewed on 4th September 2021
icetonky's avatar
icetonky

Life Insurance

Life insurance

Great company and very good service

Reviewed on 28th August 2021
Lesley 's avatar
Lesley

Terrible Service

Told my lump sum would paid out within 20 working days. Not happened. Phoned and was told i would get a call back. Didn't happen. phoned again and told i would get an email because Darren who was working on my request didn't have access to a phone. Still no email. Spent over 2 hours on calls waiting for connections. Last call said i would be on hold for about 4 minutes. Took 27 minutes to answer.

Cyril Smith 's avatar
Cyril Smith

Pension

Simple website with a lot of valuable information

Easy to use website with great information a simple way of controlling my pension

Kevin Mearns's avatar
Kevin Mearns

Pension

Great pension app and customer service

I really like the app. There's lots of functionality on it, from performance graphs to ability to change beneficiaries. Can see my car and home insurance on the same page too.

Wendy Quantrill's avatar
Wendy Quantrill

Solid financial Insurance company

Aviva have looked after my pension for years, I like the way all my products show in one simple online account

Martyn's avatar
Martyn

Viva -- TOTAL REUBBISH

Ive been trying to get some SIMPLE information for months & months Phone - e mail - letter -- nothing --- all talk total TOTAL Rubbish

Reviewed on 23rd August 2021
Derek Pye's avatar
Derek Pye

Aviva your a disgrace

Been months trying to drawdown my pension. Absolutely appalling communication by them . Uses every tactic to delay getting my money. Time taken getting through on the phone is ridiculous. Stating emails never sent. Months waiting for forms to come, then waiting month for money only to be now told you've not filled the form in correctly. But don't have the decency to send more out. Absolutely no confidence with this company.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
Jean Elizabeth Gidman's avatar
Jean Elizabeth Gidman

Pension

Should be called AVOID not Aviva!

Dreadful! Doesn’t even deserve the one star I had to give them. A different story every time you call them. Been fighting now for over a month to get MY money. They make you feel like you’re not entitled and constantly quote their deadlines such as 25 working days to do a bank transfer! Ridiculous and the worst service I have ever had to endure. Avoid at all costs if you possibly can

Reviewed on 3rd August 2021
marie.titre@icloud.com's avatar
marie.titre@icloud.com

Shocking behaviour!

Absolutely disgusting company! Zero chance for contact with them, problem with transferring money to different pension provider! 3 months now battling with them! Stay far away!

Reviewed on 20th July 2021
Tomasz Lach's avatar
Tomasz Lach

Pension

Using every tactic to not pay me my pension

Don't know what's happening in the Aviva pension department. Usually very... Read more

Don't know what's happening in the Aviva pension department. Usually very good.
But this time they are deploying every strategy not to give me my drawdown payment.
To get through is diabolical. Waiting hours..
Emails 10 days at least to respond. Told me twice they have sent relevant forms out. But haven't. So upsetting and frustrating.

Reviewed on 6th July 2021
Jean Gidman's avatar
Jean Gidman

Car Insurance

Honest advice

Been with Aviva car insurance over 10 years. Never had to claim myself, however another car reversed into mine and the persons insurance also was Aviva who were very quick to fix my car at my main dealership not a 'recommended' site like other car... Read more

Been with Aviva car insurance over 10 years. Never had to claim myself, however another car reversed into mine and the persons insurance also was Aviva who were very quick to fix my car at my main dealership not a 'recommended' site like other car insurance.

Reviewed on 5th July 2021
M Reeves's avatar
M Reeves

Car Insurance

Avoid aviva

Never go near aviva involved in a accident they will not help you their solicitor proddow mackay are a joke they don’t no how to send emails with attachments and this is coming from the manager Adam Taylor they have kept the cctv and Andy howie thinks it’s ok to drive around with your main beams on and overtake any cars on any road never use aviva.

Reviewed on 30th June 2021
Indi Virdi's avatar
Indi Virdi

Pension

Buyer Beware! Abysmal disgusting on your face theft of your money

I live in the USA, the land of the free. Having left the UK over fifteen years ago, I had immigrated to the UK from South Africa with high hopes of establishing a pension fund after leaving the mess that is South Africa today.... Read more

I found a financial adviser who recommended a 350GBP per month fund would bear fruit at age sixty-five. It was then a Norwich pension. I embarked on this ambitious scheme.
Determined to succeed, and In my first two years, I lived on the back seat of an Austin Maestro at services areas on the motorway to save up on the deposit for our tiny house in Maidstone. I was a contract computer engineer, and a few years later, I started my engineering and materials handling company. By 2005, I had 57 million GBP in potential business on my books when my supplier was bought out in the USA by a bigot who wanted to trade directly with the EU. He fired all the staff and closed the business, and transferred assets to another entity to rename that and resurrect the company as a new entity without obligations or contracts, including mine.
After suffering extreme stress, I collapsed in my office. After enduring the customary NHS incompetent run around, I landed on an Operating table in St Thomas, suffering a completely blocked right-hand coronary. I died twice that day.
I applied to Norwich to have the Pension holiday to allow me to convalesce without the enormous monthly financial burden. Norwich sent me a pension statement of my investment value one that i thought had been designed to function at minimum risk, and for the first time, I found out what it was actually worth... as I lay in my bed recovering from heart surgery. Where I had died twice... Shock and awe! One-third of what I had paid in, so I immediately stopped throwing good money after bad. I froze the pension that was created with post-tax personal income payments; my 13000.00 GBP investment was worth 6000.00, and Norwich went dark, with no correspondence or communication of any sort. I had other things to focus on. Now came Aviva, who took over and began to rewrite the rules, and the pension pot diminished further and for a time seemed to vanish however, I was able to trace it because I retained every piece of paper and with the help of pension tracing websites and the services of a professional pensions legal advisor, I was able to resurrect this skillfully hidden money. Now I am Sixty Five. The retirement pot has earned minus figures. I don't live in the UK, and you threaten that if I move or withdraw, my money there will be a 25% Tax charge on already taxed money that is worth less than what I paid in and, to add to the misery, will be taxed here in the USA when it arrives - tell me then, what or who is a pension supposed to benefit?
So why am I telling you this personal story? My message shows you a small snapshot of the man you are trying to rob. I am a war veteran, a veteran of poverty and vagrancy at twelve years of age. I have owned several successful businesses on three continents and successfully defended and fought litigation Pro Se' in the UK and the Federal Court in the USA. It is a little advice that you should do your research before trying to bully one who has been meeting challenges since he was a one-year-old, www.le-guttersnipe.com I am an autodidact and will find a way no matter how stupid you think I am.
As I awoke yesterday at three AM, Jesus came to me in my twilight waking dreams and mentioned that I should be grateful that he warned me to stop the payments all those years ago. I can only imagine the hell I would be enduring had this been an entire paid-up pension fund today.

Reviewed on 30th June 2021
Patrick White's avatar
Patrick White

Delays causing financial hardship

near imposible to contact Aviva, two hour telephone waits are usual not an exception. Poor staff training and failure in systems to send out documentation that has been promised. Delays Delays and no empathy for customers at this terrible time. I could go on but this has affected the state of my mental health. Please Please choice a company that values customer services and invests in their phone system, it and staff training .

Reviewed on 9th June 2021
Sam Newton's avatar
Sam Newton

Pension

They try ti keep my money

Be careful when you ask to transfer your pension to another provider they refuse asking for many document like DOB certificate and etc... You need to call them many time by phone and still invent excuses to not transfer your money!!! Stay away!!!

Reviewed on 31st May 2021