Bank of Scotland Reviews

Ratings based on 195 reviews       Last review 5 days ago

Bank of Scotland values are putting customer first, keeping it simple and making a difference together. Smart Money People is the place for Bank of Scotland reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Bank of Scotland Review Insight

Vantage Account

A reliable dinosaur

Fit for purpose, and that's about it.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Angus's avatar
Angus

Cash Account

Nasty Ignorant Brain dead staff.

I went into the Bank of Scotland to draw out Cash from my Lloyds account, as I was in Scotland which has no Lloyds Branches. I went into the Bank, people were in front of me in a cue and people came in behind me, a woman approached me and asked me what I wanted, I told her I had come into the Bank to draw out cash, she then asked me how much cash I wanted, I told her £1000.00, she said that was a large sum of cash. (RUBBISH) 50 years ago when people were paid in cash, I used to go to the Bank every week and draw out between £250.000.00 and £255.000.00 in cash to pay employees.
Then she asked me what the cash was for, I then told her it was none of her BUSINESS, then she proceeded to confront me and telling me how I should pay for items, she said that shops were only taking card payments, I told her that I always pay cash and no business had refused cash, This conversation was in front of other customers, so some of them could have left the Bank and phoned a criminal and given them a description of me and when I left the Bank they could have attacked me and stolen the £1000.00 pounds I had
just withdrawn from the Bank, I then proceed to the teller to get my cash, then another woman cam along and said I want to explain, I told her to shut her mouth, I did not want to hear what she had to say, I came into the Bank to withdraw cash not for a confrontation or an interrogation and told how I must pay for anything. I then got my money and left the Bank, this was all recorded on my Body Camera. I believe these two woman were LESBIAN MAN HATING BITCHES.
Two weeks later I got a letter from my Lloyds Bank which said.
WE ARE WRITING TO YOU FOLLOWING THE INCIDENT OF VERBAL ABUSE AT THE UNION STREET BRANCH ON THE 2ND APRIL 202O.
IF THERE IS A REPEAT OF THIS OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR INCIDENTS THEN WE WILL HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO GIVE YOU NOTICE TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT. THIS IS IN-LINE WITH OUR UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER BEHAVIOUR'S POLICY.
IN THE MEANTIME WE HAVE MADE A RECORD OF THIS INCIDENT AND THE ACTIONS WE HAVE TAKEN ON YOUR PERSONAL CUSTOMER FILE. IF YOU'RE UNHAPPY ABOUT ANY ASPECT OF OUR SERVICE, YOU CAN FOLLOW THE PROCESS OUTLINED IN THE HOW TO COMPLAIN BROCHURE WE'VE ENCLOSED IN THIS LETTER. NO BROCHURE ENCLOSED. SIGNED MANAGER NO MANE.
THIS LETTER WAS NOT ON LLOYDS HEADED PAPER, NO MANAGERS NAME IT WAS ON A PLAIN PIECE OF PAPER WITH NO ADDRESS OF MY LLOYDS BANK, ONLY POST BOX NUMBERS.
I CONTACTED LLOYDS BANK HEAD OFFICE ABOUT THIS AND ASKED WHAT HAD BEEN PUT ON MY PERSONAL CUSTOMER FILE, THEY ADVISED ME NOTHING WAS ON MY FILE ABOUT ANY INCIDENT, THIS LETTER WAS DONE BY THE LESBIAN MAN HATTING MANAGER AT THE BANK OF SCOTLAND MAKE OUT IT HAD CAME FROM MY LLOYDS BANK. (FRAUD)
I THEN WROTE A LETTER TO MY LLOYDS BANK ASKING FOR AN EXPLANATION ABOUT THIS LETTER, AND THAT THEY HAD NOT ENCLOSED A COPY OF THE COMPLAINTS BROCHURE, I ALSO EXPLAINED THAT I HAD THIS ALLEGED VERBAL ABUSE ALL ON MY BODY CAMERA. I ALSO ASKED FOR THE MANAGERS NAME, I GOT NO REPLY, I THEN WROTE A COMPLAINTS LETTER TO THE CEO OF LLOYDS IN LONDON, RECORDED DELIVERY, AGAIN I GOT NO REPLY, I THEN WROTE TWO MORE LETTERS TO MY LLOYDS BANK RECORDED DELIVERY AND GOT NO REPLY, I HAVE CONFORMATION FROM THE POST OFFICE THAT THEY WERE DELIVERED. I WENT TO THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE AND THEY WOULD DO NOTHING, AS THEY ARE FUNDED BY THE CORRUPT BANKS, I AM NOW IN THE PROCESS OF A SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST TO GET ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS INCIDENT AND THE DETAILS OF THE MANAGER AT THE BANK OF SCOTLAND THAT WROTE THAT FALSE FRAUDULENT LETTER TO ME. KEEP CLEAR OF LLOYDS BANK AS THEY REFUSE TO ADDRESS COMPLAINTS FROM CUSTOMERS EVER AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL, AND KEEP CLEAR OF THE BANK OF SCOTLAND WRITING LETTERS ON PAPER STATING IT WAS FROM ANOTHER BANK AND SIGNING THAT FRAUDULENT LETTER, REMEMBER THAT CROOK CAROLINE WAYMAN THE CEO AT THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE WILL NOT HELP YOU. I GOT AN APOLOGY FROM THE BANK OF SCOTLAND WITH A LOT OF LIES IN IT THEY STATED THAT THEY WERE LOOKING AFTER MY MONEY, BEFORE B/S WENT BANKRUPT IN 2008 WERE THEY LOOKING AFTER CUSTOMERS MONEY

Reviewed on 26th September 2020
Dylan Dougan's avatar
Dylan Dougan

Car Insurance

Great rate for car insurance with added bonus gift card

Bank of Scotland turned out to be the cheapest for my car insurance with the added bonus of a gift card thrown in!

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
John's avatar
John

Poor customer service

Staff numbers continue to be cut with a focus to force customers online to less safer options and no back up support. Often the automated pay in machines fail to operate causing further stress.

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
Paul Maxwell's avatar
Paul Maxwell

Car Insurance

coned into renewing my policy

After receiving my renewal quote which was £110 more than the previous year, I compared other insurers who were a lot cheaper. I contacted the bank of Scotland insurance and over the phone they could drop it to almost what it had been previously. Now one month later they have taken the full amount quoted in the renewal. Its 2 days after my policy expired and they say they cant change it as they could not offer me any cheaper. I've been lie to and seriously angry. please stay clear of this company.

Reviewed on 11th July 2020
Graeme Lumsden's avatar
Graeme Lumsden

Cash ISA

Staff friendly

Have been with the BOS FOR A NUMBER of years have found them helpful although they don’t have financial advisers available in banks now which I am disappointed about.

Reviewed on 9th July 2020
Mary Keegan's avatar
Mary Keegan

Saver

Fantastic Service

Great company which keeps me informed of all new products and tailors these to my circumstances. Their online services are easy to operate. No hard sell from annoying phone calls and are easy to reach if required. Branches have well informed service staff who are polite and helpful.

Reviewed on 1st July 2020
Shirley Kinniburgh's avatar
Shirley Kinniburgh

Personal Loan

Personal Loan

Applied online, got a really good rate and took the loan out, repaid a previous loan with another lender which was at a higher rate and saved money on the lower interest rate, application process was so easy and instant decision.

Reviewed on 1st June 2020
Bob's avatar
Bob

Bank of Scotland account

Very convenient and well suited

Reviewed on 27th May 2020
Laura Macpherson's avatar
Laura Macpherson

BANK OF SCOTLAND HAVE LEFT ME AND MY FAMILY WITH NO MONEY

So I've just came back from working abroad and had dollars paid to me st the end of my... Read more

So I've just came back from working abroad and had dollars paid to me st the end of my contract.
With all the virus stuff and now no work I called bank of scotland and explained my situation and they said yeh you can put them into your account and bring proof where u got them. No problem.
Next day I go to Bank Of Scotland Johnstone and wait in line 2meters apart as suggested by the middle aged blond woman. When it was my turn 15mins later she asked me how can we help you today. I explained I was here to put my dollars straight into my bank. She said I'm sorry we dont do that, I explained I had spoke to someone the day before and she said I'll have to speak to a manager please go back outside and I'll let you know. So I'm now at the front of a cue when she comes back and tells me I'm sorry we're not doing that today it's only essential transactions. I explained this is my money I need to put in the bank as I have a family of 4 she interrupts obrubtly and tells its not essential. The girl behind me says to her what's not essential about needing money in your bank at these trying times. She then yells people are dying because of this virus there's more important things....
Bank Of Scotland have yet again failed there customers HOW DARE THEY TDLL ME ITS NOT ESSENTIAL. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND GIVE YOU IT OUT, WHAT EKSE IS THERE THATS NOT ESSENTIAL. I now have all my wages in dollars and cznt buy anything. Now I'm in a worse place BECAUSE OF BANK OF SCOTLAND. THIS IS JUST THE START OF THIS IM GOING ALL THE WAY. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE USE BANK OF SCOTLAND. I later got an email from them with thd header Bank Of Scotland Here To Help Our Customers Through This Tough Time HaHa Ha Ha
#terriblebank #worsebank

Reviewed on 25th March 2020
Marc Andrew's avatar
Marc Andrew

Great Banking

Great Customer Advice service, phone banking, app banking and internet banking. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9th February 2020
Anna 's avatar
Anna

Excellent customer service

I often go into the bank once a week to withdraw or deposit money. It is very welcoming and there is always someone on hand to give you advice. The cashiers are great with a wile for every customer!

Reviewed on 7th February 2020
Carrie Docherty's avatar
Carrie Docherty

Never had an issue

Great customer service and never had an issue with them. Great bank overall

Reviewed on 5th February 2020
Jay dixon 's avatar
Jay dixon

RELIABLE BANK

I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR MORE THAN FORTY YEARS, FROM MY STUDENT DAYS, ALMOST ALL OF IT ONLINE. THE BANK HAS NEVER BADLY LET ME DOWN OVER THAT PERIOD. PRETTY GOOD SERVICE EXPERIENCE I'D SAY

Reviewed on 28th January 2020
John Cunningham's avatar
John Cunningham

Fixed Rate Mortgage

Mortgage Product Transfer Disappointment

I was carrying out a product transfer with my mortgage lender and was very disappointed by the offers available. My index linked value was very healthy, with a 70% LTV rate, approx, and the best deal available was only about 3.79% 2 year fixed rate, 3yr FR was also the same price and %. To me these were similar rates to other lenders on their 95% LTV rates. However, their valuation's for the property were lower meaning this was not an option.

Reviewed on 25th January 2020
Bob's avatar
Bob

Saver

A Has been bank

I've been with this bank since 1981 and they used to say "we're a friend for life" but it's not true. They've gutted the staff, tried to automate systems but done it badly, went bust, and are becoming irrelevant due to new banks like... Read more

I've been with this bank since 1981 and they used to say "we're a friend for life" but it's not true. They've gutted the staff, tried to automate systems but done it badly, went bust, and are becoming irrelevant due to new banks like Revolut.

Whenever I tried to make helpful comments or give feedback, over the years, they were ignored as the irrelevant ramblings of a lowly serf.

Reviewed on 24th January 2020
Rupert Wolfe Murray's avatar
Rupert Wolfe Murray

Balance Transfer Credit Card

Good customer relation

Easy to talk to and very friendly. Security second to none

Reviewed on 21st January 2020
William Lawson's avatar
William Lawson

Cash Account

I love the app for my bank account and the cashback, both of which make banking with the bank of scotland rewarding.

Andrew's avatar
Andrew

Classic Account

Easy to use bank account

Bank Staff are friendly, helpful and not pushy. Bank Account is straightforward, easy to use and trouble free. All payment methods available & also has easy to use safe Internet Banklng.

Peter Ogg's avatar
Peter Ogg

Cash ISA

Galatasaray1905

I like to coking and i like ti watchin tv

Ionut gianin caplescu 's avatar