Nationwide Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Nationwide mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Nationwide mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Your Fixed Rate Mortgage Reviews

Review Nationwide's Fixed Rate Mortgage now

Simple and good value

Mortgage process was straightforward and ensured we fixed at the best rate available.

Reviewed on 15th August 2022
Sofia P's avatar
Sofia P

Quick process

Great online service simple and quick

Reviewed on 14th August 2022
Chris Mazillius 's avatar
Chris Mazillius

Terrible service

Been with bank for 25 years I decided to open a basic account to go with my other account they opened it up then 10 days later closed my account and took my money they are a bunch of thieves

Reviewed on 10th April 2022
Russell Smith's avatar
Russell Smith

Straightforward and easy

I found this a pleasant experience and straightforward to set up.

Reviewed on 4th April 2022
Shirley's avatar
Shirley

Great rate easy to contact

Greta mortgage rate helpful on the phone

Reviewed on 30th March 2022
tenbysarah@yahoo.co.uk's avatar
tenbysarah@yahoo.co.uk

Ask to check your data and get it erased

I had been a member for many years and recently closed all of my accounts following a lack of interest in the retention of business from the CEO. Following this I asked them to erase all of my data and following some very inconsistent replies saying it's Read more

I had been a member for many years and recently closed all of my accounts following a lack of interest in the retention of business from the CEO. Following this I asked them to erase all of my data and following some very inconsistent replies saying it's 12 years and then only 6 I received a final email from them saying that they would not reply to any further correspondence saying that any further contact from me would be marked as unanswered.
How rude is that?

I had previously asked for copies of all of my data which I did receive a link to and you would be amazed how much and what they retain. So I have made a note to contact them in 6 six years to have it all removed as one of the things that they never assured me of was that it would actually be deleted even then. Time will tell, so be warned and maybe check out your position.

Reviewed on 18th March 2022
Andy Steadman's avatar
Andy Steadman

1989

Using a plastic card reader to transfer money. Like banking in 1989. Don’t bother with these jokers

Reviewed on 16th March 2022
Big-Hugo's avatar
Big-Hugo

Notorious for down valuations

Nationwide are well known among brokers and individuals as down valuers. This means they down value your property in order to get you onto higher rates. By the time they tell you they have down valued your property you’ve already paid the fees and gone th Read more

Nationwide are well known among brokers and individuals as down valuers. This means they down value your property in order to get you onto higher rates. By the time they tell you they have down valued your property you’ve already paid the fees and gone through credit checks - at which point most customers simply just accept the down valuations and end up paying more.

Reviewed on 15th March 2022
Michael Cutter's avatar
Michael Cutter

delayed my application

delayed my application because of small mistake, no alternatives plan

Reviewed on 23rd February 2022
n/a's avatar
n/a

Great customer service.

Really seem to know their stuff when helping move between products.

Reviewed on 18th February 2022
Stephen Harrison's avatar
Stephen Harrison

new mortgage for new house

got some great advice in branch, very friendly and focussed on what was best for me

Reviewed on 13th February 2022
Scott Gowdy's avatar
Scott Gowdy

Helping hand mortgage

Living in the south east, saving for a house deposit wasn't the issue. I had more than 10% of a house for my family. However, despite having an above average household income, we could never borrow enough for a modest family home and have been renting for Read more

Living in the south east, saving for a house deposit wasn't the issue. I had more than 10% of a house for my family. However, despite having an above average household income, we could never borrow enough for a modest family home and have been renting for 20years. The helping hand mortgage changed our lives and allowed us to borrow just a little bit extra to afford a 3bed home in our area. We now don't have to decide between renting forever or moving up north! Honestly life changing!

Reviewed on 12th February 2022
EmilyD's avatar
EmilyD

Easy peasy

Great experience. Great customer service. Good rates. We remortgaged with Nationwide and then changed our bank accounts over as we were so pleased with them.

Reviewed on 24th January 2022
Kelly Edwards 's avatar
Kelly Edwards

Straightforward

Process is all very smooth, terms and conditions are clear and easy to understand.

Reviewed on 15th January 2022
organicjuice1989's avatar
organicjuice1989

Great customer service

Really friendly and helpful staff, easy to contact via the website. User friendly app.

Reviewed on 13th January 2022

Good service

I remortgage with nationwide and it was super quick and easy and they were able to do the whole thing even getting an answer with in 10 minutes

Reviewed on 12th January 2022
Laurag3's avatar
Laurag3

Best value mortgage on the market

5 year fixed rate mortgage gives peace of mind in the time of Brexit, Covid-19 and whatever comes next. Easy to make it lump same payments up to 10% of mortgage value every year and without penalty.

Reviewed on 11th January 2022
David 55's avatar
David 55

Brilliant!

A helpful mortgage lender, with current information always shared via post / e-mail or preferred choice.

Reviewed on 9th October 2021
JessicaJones87's avatar
JessicaJones87

Good product, good service

Fair interest rate and terms. Up to date balance in app and online servicing

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
JM Scott's avatar
JM Scott

Great customer service

They are always available at the end of the phone and are friendly and helpful.

Reviewed on 25th March 2021