RAC: Breakdown Cover reviews

Based on 51 reviews, last reviewed 24th Jan 2023

Best breakdown Been with RAC fir years they respond very quick and very friendly staff Reviewed on: 14th October 2022

Worse company on Earth I cannot expressed how upset I am with this company, my car broke down in the middle of nowhere and they wolf me they will come, after 7 hours waiting... Read more Reviewed on: 24th January 2023

About the Breakdown Cover

Like many drivers, breaking down is not something we want to think about! But when it happens, You'll be thankful that you're with a good breakdown cover provider. That's were our RAC breakdown cover reviews come in. You can read and write YOUR RAC Breakdown cover reviews. We started Smart Money People to help drivers like you to find the best breakdown cover based on our honest reviews. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Review RAC: Breakdown Cover now

RAC Breakdown Cover reviews (51)

Worse company on Earth

I cannot expressed how upset I am with this company, my car broke down in the middle of nowhere and they wolf me they will come, after 7 hours waiting they just told me no, just to go Home and they will pick it up tomorrow!!!!! They refused to pick me up because now is too late and the garage will be closed!! This is a joke!!!!!! I am in a not safe place and I cannot leave my car here! They are the worse people o have even encountered. Reviewed on: 24th January 2023

Appalling Service & Abnoxious Staff

Broke down almost 100 miles from home with failed breaks at 8:30 pm, initially reported my breakdown online only to be given a 270 minute wait for recovery. Rang to explain I was on my own almost 100 miles from home in the freezing cold and was then given a 90 minute waiting time. Waited 90 minutes no one came. Called again to be told even though it says 90 minutes it could be any time, what's the point of an eta with no arrival time. Was then told it was my fault for not explaining the situation correctly, even though my explanation had been consistent through all dialog. Waited till 2:30 am the next day in the freezing cold to be recovered and was told I would be taken to a garage of my choice close to home, I thought great may be home by 4:00am. Recovery truck driver dumps me at services half way home telling me someone will be there to take me the rest of the way home. Gets to the half way point and guess what, no other recovery there to take me home and now told its not possible to get a recovery until later in the day. Was then promised that I could get a taxi paid home and they would arrange for the car to be collected from the services if I left the key at services reception. Eventually got home at 7:00am the next day with car still 50 miles away. Rang again 2 hours later at 9:00am to be told there was no way I could get my car back today and I was lying that someone would even suggest that was possible. Rude, obnoxious, deceitful, lying and inconsiderate staff who just fob you off with complete nonsense. Had to get my car recovered back the last 50 miles privately at a cost of £235 to myself. RAC To the rescue LOL Reviewed on: 21st January 2023

Damaged my vehicle and denied all liability. Then proceeded to charge me for another year. Then charged my £25 to cancel. Disgusting way to treat customers. Reviewed on: 11th January 2023

Cannot deliver my car back

Called for a breakdown recovery on Saturday 17th December 2022 was told 4.5 hours. After 4 hours was told it will be quicker to get it towed home. At 17:30 a third party turned up to take it into storage for the night. Got a taxi home with the RAC saying my car would be delivered to my home Sunday 18th. It is now 20:00 and the RAC now say the return of the car has nothing to do with them and they do not know when it will be returned. Call the 3rd party they say not been instructed by the RAC to deliver my vehicle. Is this a type of theft? Absolutely disgraceful service even got told at one point it was my own fault for breaking down at such a busy period. Reviewed on: 19th December 2022

Do you have a different RAC product?

RAC has a range of products available. Check the ratings of each product to find the right one for you. View all products