Last night we revealed the winners of our Insurance Choice Awards 2022 at an event in London with some of the biggest names in the insurance industry in attendance. Read on to find out who you voted as your winners.
2022 was a record year for voting in the Insurance Choice Awards, with over 60,000 votes received as consumers left reviews on Smart Money People to vote for their favourite insurance providers. Thank you to everyone who took the time to leave a review with us and vote, they really made a difference.
On the evening Admiral walked away with the highly coveted ‘Best Big Insurance Company’ award, claiming the crown from previous two-time winner Saga. One Call Insurance maintained their hold of the award for ‘Best Overall Insurance Broker’ for a second consecutive year, and also scooped the award for ‘Best Commercial Insurance Broker’ for the first time.
Flow, which is owned by LV=, was awarded ‘Best Newcomer’ for their car insurance product which launched in 2020, and cycle insurtech provider Laka maintained its title of ‘Best Cycle Insurance Provider’ for a fourth year in a row.
The winners in the Insurance Choice Awards 2022 are:
- Best Big Insurance Company - Admiral Group Plc
- Best Overall Insurance Broker - One Call Insurance Services Limited
- Customer Service Champion - Caravan Guard Limited
- Treating Customers Fairly Champion - Covered2Go
- Best Newcomer - Flow
- Best Car Insurance Provider - Collingwood Insurance Services
- Best Caravan Cover Provider - Caravan and Motorhome Club & Ripe Insurance (Joint winners)
- Best Cycle Insurance Provider - Laka
- Best Home Insurance Provider - Policy Expert
- Best Landlord Insurance Provider - Total Landlord
- Best Pet Insurance Provider - Petplan & Petsure (Joint winners)
- Best Motorhome Insurance Provider - Caravan Guard Limited
- Best Specialist Insurance Provider - Event Insurance Services Ltd
- Best Student Insurance Provider - Cover4insurance
- Best Travel Insurance Provider - Covered2Go
- Best Personal Insurance Broker - Mayfair Insurance & Mortgage Consultants Ltd
- Best Commercial Insurance Broker - One Call Insurance Services Limited
- Best Life & Protection Insurance Broker - The Insurance Surgery
- Technology Partner of the Year - McKenzie Intelligence Services Ltd
- Premium Finance Partner of the Year - Close Brothers Premium Finance
- Premium Finance Partner of the Year (Highly Commended) - Premium Credit
- Consultancy of the Year - Ninety Consulting
Commenting on the results of the evening, CEO of Smart Money People Jacqueline Dewey said, “The Insurance Choice Awards 2022 are determined by the ratings and opinions of customers who have left a review with us on Smart Money People. This means the awards truly reflect those organisations which consumers feel are delivering outstanding products and service. In the insurance industry this is no mean feat when interactions with providers often come at stressful times, such as when making a claim.
“With the introduction of the FCA’s Consumer Duty next year, which is fundamentally aimed at improving how firms serve consumers, we’ll start to see a real shift towards putting customers’ needs first, from addressing excessive charges, to making it easier to switch or cancel products. As new rules come into force, those providers that are already leading the way in customer support will continue to thrive.”
About the Insurance Choice Awards
Launched in 2016, the Insurance Choice Awards saw over 60,000 votes cast across 21 categories over 13 weeks to determine the winners.
The Insurance Choice Awards are determined by asking customers to vote for their favourite product provider by leaving them a rating out of five and then a review on the Smart Money People website. Smart Money People also asks the customer to give a rating for customer service, NPS, value for money and whether they felt fairly treated.
About Smart Money People
The Insurance Choice Awards are run by Smart Money People, which offers a dedicated website for reviews on financial service products to help consumers better understand which companies are providing great customer service, in order to help financial decision making.
Smart Money People use the data collected from the financial service reviews to provide customer insight to companies across the industry, showing them what they’re doing well and benchmarking against their peers.
Smart Money People also runs the British Bank Awards and Consumer Credit Awards each year.
The Insurance Choice Awards will be back in 2023!
Voting will open on 10th July 2023, so save the date.