Sainsburys Bank Reviews

Ratings based on 292 reviews       Last review 1 day ago

Sainsbury's was the first major British supermarket to open a bank. Smart Money People is the place for Sainsbury's bank reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in Financial Services.

Good

Sainsburys Bank Review Insight

Skills & Knowledge

DD

What a rubbish company. Try phoning at least one on hold. When you get through to make a complaint they hang the phone up on you. Do not buy insurance this company

Reviewed on 25th January 2022
David Dixon's avatar
David Dixon

Home Insurance

Absolutely appalling on all levels.

Whatever you do, do not get insurance via Sainsburys... Read more

Whatever you do, do not get insurance via Sainsburys Bank.

They lie
Say they'll cover you, then casually decide not to
Hold onto your money fraudulantly
Have an incapable customer service department
All have a different opinion of their own T&Cs
Have shocking relationships with their underwriters
And waste huge proportions of your time.

Despite having a question on their sign-up form of 'will you be undertaking building works', you selecting 'yes' and them congratulating you that they'll cover you and merrily taking your money in full. When you then call them to inform them the building works are starting, they then say they don't cover you.

Annoying but not the end of the world as they say they'll refund you the remainder of your policy given they are unable to provide the insurance service for you, and you'll be waived the cancellation fee. Cheque is on it's way to you... happy days.

SIX MONTHS & 10 x 1.5 hour phone calls later, (prepare for call wait times of 40 minutes each time with the same one ghastly song playing over and over) still no cheque, and no customer service representative has any idea of previous conversations. Nor any authority to do anything.
Nor can they access the call recordings they supposedly use for training purposes. I can assure you the grand total of ZERO training occurs at Sainsburys Bank.

They then cheekily write a letter saying they've decided to close the policy six months later but you must pay them £25 for the privilege and no refund.

It's fraudulent, a process riddled with lies & total incompetence.

I wish zero stars was an option .

Reviewed on 10th January 2022
Emma's avatar
Emma

Criminal

I turned off auto renew but they still renewed my insurance. So far spent about 2 hours trying to speak to someone on the phone. Great way to spend my day off, thank you Sainsburys for stealing my money.

Reviewed on 7th January 2022
Manoj 's avatar
Manoj

CAN NOT CONTACT

All i want is to let them know i wish to change my reg plate. Cant get in touch on a call ive spent 6hours + every day for 14 days straight trying to contact and not been sucessfull, and cant get in touch on live chat either

Reviewed on 6th January 2022
Mackenzie's avatar
Mackenzie

DO NOT USE

Awful company, awful customer service and unable to contact unless you want to be waiting for hours on the phone. Do not use!

Reviewed on 5th January 2022
Rosie Hall's avatar
Rosie Hall

Worst Company Ever

Absolutely appalling service - tried to cancel my elderly parents car insurance as they are no longer able to drive and have got rid of the car - took an absolute age to even speak to anyone at Sainsburys. Strongly urge you to not use this company.

Reviewed on 30th December 2021
John Barnett's avatar
John Barnett

Personal Loan

Got my money in one hour time

I would def. recommend Sainsbury loan because they don't scam you and give you a reasonable APR after filling the form. When I applied it showed 3% and after submitting it came to 7% which is acceptable. I got the loan in less than one hours time thanks for them using DocuSign and all paper work was done asap. I applied the same loan on AA finance and it showed me 3% and later offered me 21% and the post would come in 5-7 days.

Reviewed on 24th December 2021
Jaineel Shah's avatar
Jaineel Shah

Waiting for cancel refund

Well my experience has been ok then again I never had to claim. I just recently cancelled my insurance online, YES U CAN CANCEL ONLINE DESPITE THE COMMENTS, but what im not happy about is that we are on day 8 and still no refund in my account, youve already charged me £55 to cancel as i sold the car!!! Give me my money and stop holding it for interest!!

Reviewed on 20th December 2021
Mr B's avatar
Mr B

Appalling service

Had a policy until this morning with time for home insurance, I changed bank so cancelled my direct debit with bank, made payment manually to Sainsbury’s and was up to date with payment only for them to cancel this morning?! Never choosing Sainsbury’s again and will go elsewhere

Reviewed on 14th December 2021
Andrushka's avatar
Andrushka

Home Insurance

Cancellation fees are ridiculous!

Couldn't get through on the phone after several calls. Cancelled online but had to pay £25.00 for the cancellation fee (fine not a problem) but also an extra charge which was more than the monthly insurance cost I paid - considering I only paid for my insurance less than a week ago I thought that was so cheeky - I have only just moved house! Nobody answers the phone for you to complain so had no choice but to pay. Will never use them again!

Reviewed on 7th December 2021
L's avatar
L

Car Insurance

One of the worst companies to deal with even if you're not at fault

Be careful and think twice before buying insurance from Sainsbury's. I was involved in no fault claim and had been a nightmare of company to deal with. Sainsbury's doesn't seem to own anything and everything is dealt by Broker 1, Broker 2, Broker 3, etc. etc. And now the fun part, Broker 1 doesn't deal with Legal that's Broker 2. But hey, you don't have Legal Cover (even though you purchased it); in that case you need to ask Sainsbury's to provide proof but oh! Sainsbury's don't have a front-facing team so you need to talk with Broker 3. Broker 3 - oh we don't provide in writing but yes I can see you have Legal cover. Same is true, if you want to get your car repaired.

Reviewed on 6th December 2021
B Shet's avatar
B Shet

Shambolic money grabbing operation

Robotic, impersonal, cynical service I would advise anyone to stay away from. Forced me to pay early termination on coverage I was given incorrect information about. Shambolic.

Reviewed on 6th December 2021
tooshay's avatar
tooshay

Pet Insurance

Solid pet insurance with improving tech

Overall the price is fair for our French bulldog who has a lot of skin/allergy conditions. Pays out on the conditions we've claimed for without any issues. If there have been delays with the claim then usually it's Sainsburys not getting a response from the vet.

I'll admit, when I first started with them over a year and a half ago, their systems were pretty awful - keeping track of claims, making new claims etc was all super painful and laborious. They have improved their systems a lot in this time though - making new claims, keeping track of previous claims, communication on the status of outstanding claims etc is all way easier, and it's improved the service immensely.

To the product team at Sainsburys - keep it up! You're moving in the right direction!

Reviewed on 29th November 2021
James Riall's avatar
James Riall

Nectar Credit Card

Impossible to contact

Quite literally the most frustrating company to deal with. You cannot speak to a human to discuss an issue that is not on their automated online list. It is appalling customer service and they need to sort it out.

Reviewed on 26th November 2021
D Connolly's avatar
D Connolly

Auto renewal SCAM

Tried to cancel but cant get through to speak to anyone. This is an absolute scam. avoid at all costs.

Reviewed on 24th November 2021
Alan Taylor's avatar
Alan Taylor

Absolutely awful

My home was not insured as they put the wrong house number to my home that did not show up on the internet log in.I cannot get through to them without 40 minute waits on the phone. Complaint raised after the 5th phone call.I have not heard anything after 2 weeks!..Terrible terrible service. And my home was uninsured for a year , paying max premium.Please avoid Sainsbursy insurance.

Reviewed on 22nd November 2021
Jo Ganpatsingh's avatar
Jo Ganpatsingh

Home Insurance

Stay Clear! It's a trap!!!!

My husband and I took Sainsburys home insurance, and close to renewal date, we received a much higher quote and upon checks online, decided to change our insurer for the following... Read more

My husband and I took Sainsburys home insurance, and close to renewal date, we received a much higher quote and upon checks online, decided to change our insurer for the following year.
However, Sainsbury's have (unbeknownst to us), kept us on a "auto renewal" scheme and the letter informed us that unless we contact them by phone to stop the renewal, it will go ahead.
Now that's where the Sainsbury's scam begins: You cannot stop the renewal by login into your account. The site tells you to call an specific number. When you call the number, after going through a long and irritating menu, you are simply cut off. So, we tried other numbers. Five in total. We got NOWHERE!!!! You are either kept on the line indefinitely (45 min at one point) or you are cut off.
This is nothing short of a scam and we are so furious because our Bank says we need them to stop the auto renewal and they conveniently wont take any calls nor will allow us to cancel it online.
It's a NIGHTMARE!!!!!

Reviewed on 19th November 2021
Mrs C's avatar
Mrs C

Utterly, utterly appalling!

For a start Sainburys Bank seem to have nothing to do with Sainsburys Bank insurance. On any call you first have to fight your way past some ambulance chasers called Auxiilis then you are redirected )finally) to 'Pukka' who are nothing of the sort and finally you are directed to 'Action 365' who should be done by advertising standards, for a start, their website only tells you that their offices are closed (so much for 365). My latest attempt to phone them is 59.55 minutes in and counting. From what I can tell... The entire set up is designed to block you from making any sort of claim whatsoever. DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY!

Reviewed on 19th November 2021
Caroline DS's avatar
Caroline DS

credit card

... Read more

Credit card application.
Applied for a credit card after doing soft search, excepted but took a month to receive a letter, phoned after first week told they are doing extra back room checks. Told i had been excepted with a £500 credit limit shocked as i have a experian score of 999 out of 999. I have been refused in the past about 2 years ago and never got to the bottom of it again credit score excellent and had had a credit card with them before. I know a lot about how credit rating works so no reason for what i was offered. Never in over 30 years had any other problem with any other provider. Applied to another provider got offered 5,000. Disgusting customer service waited an hour to log a complaint i needed to go to work still on hold and told my complaint would take longer to log girl kept on putting me on hold and told if i went then complaint would not be logged. Rang again another day, complaint was logged just needed to add to it so girl threatening me it wouldn't be logged was not true, finished complaint told someone would phone me within 3 days, call did not come. Rang again told i would get a reply, letter came 3 days later via email waste of time cop out complaint not upheld basically they can offer what they want with reason. It damages your credit rating for a short while as applied for credit. I do not want this credit card so cancelled it, I honestly think Sainsburys want to only give credit to people who can make them money ie charges late payments in dept. I never got charged a penny from them as paid on time in full its the only thing i can think of only used card for large purchases and on deal ie 22 months purchaes. Only reason i can think of as they are not helpful with a reason. Will never ever apply to Sainsbury bank, be aware of your credit score. I am in the process of contacting Martin lewis to bring to his attention.

Reviewed on 18th November 2021
Lindy Lou's avatar
Lindy Lou

Car Insurance

Very high admin fees, and uselss website

Very high admin fees. The option to cancel one's car insurance online that does not work and forces you to call and then they charge you £55, even if you cancel because you do not possess the car anymore. It is simply ridiculous.

Reviewed on 15th November 2021