Tesco Bank Reviews

Ratings based on 775 reviews       Last review 4 days ago

Tesco Bank reviews can help you to find out what customers have to say about Tesco Bank, which started life in 1997 and claims to have a simple core purpose: "Make what matters better, together," and now claims over 7m customer accounts. Smart Money People is the place for Tesco Bank reviews. Read and write reviews to help increase trust and transparency in financial services.

Tesco Bank Review Insight

cancelling policy

They are making it impossible to cancell

Reviewed on 22nd November 2021
Marcin Malinowski's avatar
Marcin Malinowski

Car Insurance

TREATED TERRIBLE BY TESCO!

I CANT BELIEVE WE HAVE BEEN WITH TESCO CAR INSRANCE FOR 9 YEARS WHEN WE NEED THEM THEY DONT WANT TO KNOW TREATED DISGUSTING LIED TO EVEN POLICE SAID THEY SHOULD BE CHASING THINGS UP NOW WERE STUCK WITH NO COURTEDY CAR N WE NEED TO GET TO WORK WEVE THEY SAID WE HSVE TO GIND THE GUYS NAME WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP WE HAVE HAD SOME ADVISE UR NEW CAR IS STUCK IN A CHEAP RECOERY PLC WE DONT HAVE A COURTESY CAR AND NO ONE AT TESCO GIVES A SHIT! WEVE RANG ANOUT 100 PLUS TIMES PLEASE DO NOT ISE THIS ,,,, CO!

Reviewed on 16th November 2021
Jayne Howard's avatar
Jayne Howard

Car Insurance

Sharks or Incompetent staff, either way we have being shafted

Ever felt like you have being shafted as that’s exactly how I feel, because we have for 1 months direct d... Read more

Ever felt like you have being shafted as that’s exactly how I feel, because we have for 1 months direct debit.

Rang to cancel my car insurance renewal today.
We have made 12 monthly payments already.
Unfortunately our 13th payment came out Nov 1st 2021 (today) and the actual car insurance expires Nov 7th 2021 which we have already made the 12 monthly payments on, as you never pay for car insurance retrospectively.
So I asked if we can have todays direct debit back as we have already made the 12 payments for the 1st year and it was just unfortunate that the 13th payment which covers the first month of the new year that I am cancelling came out today.
No matter which way I described it to the person at Tesco Finance, he simply could not grasp or did not want to grasp, that this 13th payment is for the next 12 months renewal which I am cancelling.

In the end I gave up frustrated as this individual (being diplomatic) simply could not grasp simple multiplication.
They need to employee call centre staff who can do simple mathematic calculations.
As they refuse to reimburse this 13th payment.
I wont be using or recommending them, quite the opposite.

Reviewed on 1st November 2021
Roy Partington's avatar
Roy Partington

dishonest

said it was ok to use my car as a camper as i wasn't making any permeant changes then questioned that decision as soon as i made a no fault claim. useless company. avoid.

Reviewed on 18th September 2021
Michelle Davis's avatar
Michelle Davis

Pet Insurance

Tesco let insurance are extremely efficient, empathetic and good value for money

When I took out my pet insurance they were extremely kind and helpful as taking out any insurance can as a be a mine field . They were very patience with me .

Reviewed on 27th August 2021
Julie Williams's avatar
Julie Williams

They ruined my life!

I was insured with Tesco bank box for one... Read more

I was insured with Tesco bank box for one year
They hiked my monthly payments up to £500 a month due to an accident
Refused to close the claim on there side so I couldn't leave them
Breached my GDPR sent all my details and ALL of my personal information out to an unknown person they did not even notify me that my address had been changed on my account
took them SIX MONTHS TO LOOK INTO THIS!
they then called me after my policy was over demanding a refund back that they granted me to keep because of the above issue.
I could not afford to travel to my key worker job, buy food or live a basic life my policy with them has now made me incur a debt of £2000!

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Reviewed on 19th August 2021
Jen2895's avatar
Jen2895

Home Insurance

Queries about possible changes to policy

I recently called about my Tesco Bank Home Insurance because we were "thinking about" a holiday away for over 60 days. The emphasis is on the "thinking about". I was told by the advisor that he would call me back the next day or on the Monday after the weekend. However, a week later I hadn't heard back but assumed he was busy and decided to give him a further few days. I then received an email saying my policy would be cancelled in 7 days. I called them, only to find that because I had told them "I would be away for over 60 days" (wrong) that they would cancel the policy. At the moment this is under review because I explained that it was only a query, not fact. Perhaps if the advisor had listened to my query first they wouldn't have made that mistake. I am having second thoughts about using them now so we will have to see how this goes over the next week or so.

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
Val's avatar
Val

Clubcard Credit Card

Always respond quickly and helpful always with any queries

Reviewed on 5th August 2021
Cathy Bennett's avatar
Cathy Bennett

Current Account

Closing the Accounts

I have been with Tesco for many years. But they informed me this week that they will close the Current accounts in November. I can not blame them.

Reviewed on 4th August 2021
Julianna Lancaster's avatar
Julianna Lancaster

Premiums are not competitive

The customer service is good. Everyone I have spoken to is polite. Their online portal is good, easy to use and friendly.... Read more

However, their quotes for premiums are not competitive at all. They offered me a renewal price of £1370 but other insurers offered considerably less (£765 - £1000) and with half of the total excess!
Tesco can also charge or reimburse you for any change in details e.g. if you move address, if you change where the car is parked during the daytime/night time etc. They reimbursed me for address change but took most of it in admin fees, ridiculous.

Reviewed on 3rd August 2021
Nazmun Ali's avatar
Nazmun Ali

Home Insurance

Home Insurance Emergency Cover

Apparently a shower that does not turn off is not considered an emergency. So we can either run the shower permanently and risk flooding (not to mention the waste of precious water) or we can switch off the water supply to our property in today’s 30 degrees heat ! So my advice would be don’t pay for the Emergency Cover because I think, like us, you will find a very limited interruption of what an “emergency” is when you come to claim.

Reviewed on 26th July 2021
Steve 's avatar
Steve

Considerate and supportive

Great value and incredibly considerate and supportive when in times of need.

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Starlight's avatar
Starlight

Great customer service

All the people who I spoke to at Tesco box insurance were so really nice. I would have gone with them again if I didn't find a cheaper quote else where. Would definitely recommend to new /young drivers

Reviewed on 18th May 2021
Lauren Stringer's avatar
Lauren Stringer

Loan

One to avoid

Terrible service from Tesco loans and especially their customer services department. Very slow to respond by letter if they respond at all. Passed from pillar to post on the phones.

Reviewed on 16th May 2021
jack thack's avatar
jack thack

Car Insurance

Ripoff no communication cancel without notice

Rip off they cancelled my car insurance today randomly without warning saying I didn't send them my ncb I had to take out a new policy with them which cost me more I had no choice but to go ahead as needed my car insured ASAP but this time round they managed to get hold of my ncb so didn't know why they couldn't the first time round won't be taking any insurance with tesco again for the following year as it might sound chaep at first but they will con you somehow so beware please don't make the same mistake I did as they don't care about your finances all they care about is making money off you.

Reviewed on 15th April 2021
M Z farooq's avatar
M Z farooq

Super helpful staff

The staff are always super helpful when you phone, plus I got a long intro offer.

Reviewed on 13th April 2021
Mxruss90's avatar
Mxruss90

Knowledgeable helpful informative

Always found my interactions with this credit card company as a real pleasure. Excellent and honest opinions.

Reviewed on 7th April 2021
Abby Taylor's avatar
Abby Taylor

Black Box Insurance

I was insured with Tesco box insurance for a year, with no issues. Unlike other companies, they don’t penalise you for going slightly over the speed limit. Where I live there are lots of country roads (Cornwall), which means sudden stopping when meeting other cars. My current box insurance hates this. However my Tesco’s black box was great and my score was barely effected by it. If it wasn’t so expensive to insure my new car I would definitely have gone with them again. They were brilliant.

Reviewed on 12th March 2021
Jess Makin's avatar
Jess Makin

Current Account

Now just another pointless current account

Once very attractive bank with great savings accounts, now just a dead duck like so many others. Shame because every little did help

Reviewed on 11th March 2021
Italiano's avatar
Italiano

Very pleased!

A very good card and I recommend it with confidence

Reviewed on 24th February 2021