Vanquis Credit Card Reviews

Ratings based on 92 reviews       Last review 2 weeks ago

Vanquis Credit Card reviews can help you to find out about the pros and cons of the Credit Card credit card. What kind of features do Vanquis customers like? Find out more about the Vanquis Credit Card by reading our trusted Smart Money People reviews. You can also write your own Vanquis Credit Card reviews to share your own experience with Smart Money People, the UK's leading financial services review site. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Vanquis Review Insight

Your Credit Card Reviews

Review Vanquis 's Credit Card now

Awful company

After paying more than the minimum each month for nearly two years, they cut my credit limit by £300 and then had the cheek to send me a text saying I was near my limit! Absolutely appalling Christina

Reviewed on 19th November 2021
Ninareiki@mail.uk's avatar
Ninareiki@mail.uk

Great credit card company for boosting credit file, as long as you work it correctly.

Reviewed on 10th August 2021
D C's avatar
D C

Dodgy company

I opened an account with vanquis, from the start they were terrible, my pin card & credit card came together. So anyone could have stole my identity.... Read more

Then they wouldn’t let me sign into my account & said they would contact me, never did.
They then sent me a letter with someone else’s name on it, I opened without checking the name. I saw they had sent their account to a debt company.
Then a week later I got the exact same letter, saying they had sent my account to debt company for exactly same amount. I never even activated the card, so had never used it.
It has took my credit score down.
Made a complaint & got a letter, saying they wouldn’t do anything about it.
Very dodgy company.

Reviewed on 24th July 2021
Tina Lorraine Oakley's avatar
Tina Lorraine Oakley

Reliable

Vanquis have increased my credit limit at a sensible rate

Reviewed on 23rd July 2021
zoereynolds1209@yahoo.com's avatar
zoereynolds1209@yahoo.com

Brilliant service

I have never had an issue with this company

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Sharon davis's avatar
Sharon davis

Damaged my credit score.

Could never sign into this card, so I just cut up my card & never used. They sent me a letter saying they had closed my account. Now I get a letter saying they’ve charged me £40 on a repayment option plan & sent it to a debt agency but it was a mistake & they’ve refunded me. I had this company for less than a couple of months & they’ve ruined my credit limit & I’ve got a black mark against my name. Terrible company!!

Reviewed on 14th June 2021
Tina Lorraine Oakley's avatar
Tina Lorraine Oakley

Give this company a wide a berth

Give this company as wide a berth as possible, their customer service is dire and they are very inflexible. Anyone thinking of applying for a credit card from Vanquis will have to be desperate.

Reviewed on 9th June 2021
Paul Amiel's avatar
Paul Amiel

Awful

Terrible experience Never again

Reviewed on 1st March 2021
Iain Butler's avatar
Iain Butler

Upto Date So You Won't Be Late..

Real Time Transactions As They Happen Alerted To You Via Your Chosen Communication Methods, Affordable Monthly Interests On Purchases & More People Accepted Without Judgements Compared To Other Brands On The Market That Won't Give You A 2nd Look.. Great Easy To Use App With Fantastic Tools To Keep You Safe & Secure Including Loads Of Helpful Advice On Hand 247 To Keep You On Track As A Responsible Lender There Simply Isn't Another Alternative & I Wish Them All The Very Best For The Future ..

Reviewed on 17th February 2021
Taxitim247's avatar
Taxitim247

Late payments means three phone calls a day until you pay

Never miss one payment or you can expect based on my experience excessive Debt collection... Read more

Never miss one payment or you can expect based on my experience excessive Debt collection with

* up to three phone calls per day plus
* text messages
* emails
* letters

Although this may seem unusual it is not illegal to chase debts in this way by the agents at Vanquis as they have targets to meet.

If you get behind with one payment and feel you are being harassed you can ask Vanquis for a list of the calls under your Data Subject Access Request rights.

Vanquis have a complaints procedure if you feel you are getting chased too much with three phone calls a day plus other communications. They are supposed to respond within three working days.

You may choose to report Vanquis to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for Harassment.
Vanquis also have to report to The FCA that they have received your complaint. The fca website is helpful

Vanquis have a helpful customer service but never be late with a payment. The automated telephone system will urge you to pay more than one payment to keep your account up to date which can be confusing and encourage arrears debt collecting phone calls.

The card looks good and is accepted everywhere just like any good credit card.

Reviewed on 3rd September 2020
Simon Kadwill's avatar
Simon Kadwill

excellent for helping to build up credit scores

As long as you keep within your credit limit and pay on time it's a really good card to have if you're trying to build up your credit score

Reviewed on 12th July 2020
Leeanne Clifford's avatar
Leeanne Clifford

Shit, utter shit

Given a shitty credit limit which they refuse to increase.

Reviewed on 17th June 2020
Eddie's avatar
Eddie

Awesome

Great for improving your credit score. Great customer service

Reviewed on 2nd June 2020
Wendie Newman's avatar
Wendie Newman

Great app

The app is brilliant. It takes into account that a lot of customers may not be financially savvy and lays everything out simply. I haven't been a customer for long but am very happy with how easily I can make payment, set up Direct Debits and access education pages for more complex features. The call centre answer within a couple of seconds, and are always friendly and helpful. I would 100% recommend vanquis to anyone, they always put the customer first and in my experience will do anything to help keep you on track to reach your financial goals!

Reviewed on 3rd February 2020
MB's avatar
MB

Appaling

These people are sharks. Totally unhelpful when you are struggling to meet your payments and outrageous APR's.. How can you justify £250 payment on £3,000 outstanding.. Total rip off. Paid off now, but never again..

Reviewed on 22nd November 2019
james's avatar
james

Diabolical

Diabolical customer service, incompetent all around Avoid at all costs

Reviewed on 10th October 2019
Iain Butler's avatar
Iain Butler

Great for building up your credit score

Stay within your credit limit and pay on time and it does help build up your credit score

Reviewed on 9th June 2019
Leeanne Clifford's avatar
Leeanne Clifford

do not touch this bunch of cowboys

100% payment every month and never increased credit limit so got rid of the card

Reviewed on 9th May 2019
Sue Ainsworth's avatar
Sue Ainsworth

Great card

Vanquis have helped me improve my credit rating when other companies would offer me no credit. The website is easy to use and they're very transparent.

Reviewed on 8th May 2019
Faye Reed's avatar
Faye Reed

Very good company

Easy to use app to keep on top of finances. Text alerts of balance, when payments are due and if over limit. Very good customer service agents also.

Reviewed on 17th April 2019