Ipswich Building Society Mortgages Reviews

Ratings based on 9 reviews       Last review 1 week ago

Ipswich Building Society mortgage reviews can help you to find out what other Smart Money People have to say about what could be your biggest ever financial purchase. Smart Money People was established in 2014 to help provide an independent source of Ipswich Building Society mortgage reviews. You write your mortgage reviews here to help other people find the best mortgage providers. Together, we can make financial services work better for everyone.

Ipswich Building Society Review Insight

Top Age Profile: N/A

Top Channel Preference: N/A

Voting in the Insurance Choice Awards is now open!VOTE NOW

Your Mortgages Reviews

Review Ipswich Building Society's Mortgages now

Ipswich-so easy to do business with

I needed money to purchase a dream motorhome. Rang Ipswich, thinking this is going to be difficult, but they agreed in principal very quickly. Money arrived on time and what’s more so much cheaper than a bank! Thank you Ipswich !

Reviewed on 17th September 2021

Lack of customer service

Unable to provide accurate information or clear updates. Chose as local but shall stick with a bigger mortgage provider.

Reviewed on 11th September 2021

Reply from Ipswich Building Society

Thank you for providing us with your feedback and we are sorry our usual high standards fell short for your mortgage enquiry. We are currently experiencing a high volume of enquiries and appointments, which, sadly, have clearly impacted our ability to give you the service we strive for. Your feedback is incredibly useful as it helps us to monitor our service standards and, having fallen short of expectations, we will review this and act accordingly. Thank you once again.

Avoid at all costs!!

reviews ... Read more

reviews

IBS

As it says on the title, avoid IBS! Having had a mortgage with the society for close to 5 years, they have outrageously high early repayment charges( much higher than any other lender). Poor customer service, no customer loyalty.
Archaic in lending- no opportunity to speak with someone at any senior level, if you request a call back with senior management they will forward messages on.
Highly judgemental organisation that needs to move to the 21st century.
So pleased to have left them and have always advised family and friends to AVOID!

Reviewed on 16th August 2021
ME's avatar
ME

Reply from Ipswich Building Society

Thank you for your review of our mortgages. We are sorry to read you have been unhappy with our service and in particular our Early Repayment Charge. All of the fees and charges relating to our mortgages are displayed upfront and listed in the individual ESIS document, so we are sorry that you feel unhappy with those charged on redemption of your mortgage. In relation to your comment about being unable to speak with a member of our senior management team we apologise for not being able to meet this request – we will take this feedback on board and are committed to improving service standards for our members. Once again thank you for your feedback and we apologise we did not meet your expectations.

Helpful, professional and a good mortgage deal

It is very easy to contact Ipswich Building society and to speak to an advisor. I received good advice and I am very happy with my mortgage. Everything was set up with the minimum of fuss.

Reviewed on 15th July 2021

Got there in the end

Overall our experience wasn't a possitive one. From a Feb 2021 engagement we ended up with a July 2021 completion. Whilst I was always able to contact the IBS team, I had to work hard to chase these communications/milestones and never felt an urgency to IBS driving these outcomes. Every time a response was made to IBS, it was subjected to a 10 working day turnaround time; this increased to 12 days towards the end of our processing. This heavily impacted the overall timetable significantly.

As a self build mortgage, our engagement continues. We will draw down funds against our build milestones so this has to be an effective and timely process. Thus far, it hasn't. I find myself having to think 6 weeks ahead from the imperative date of stage funds reciept to work back factoring in IBS lead times and any additional lead time associated to instructing a revaluation of the property. This shouldn't be the norm; I've created a workaround.

I understand very well the impact of remote working over the past 16 months. I understand how this can impact on day to day processes but I could not tell my Customers that their requests are sublect to a 2+ week delay. Are further resource is needed to meet your demand?. It cannot be purely attributed to the pandemic therefore perhaps internal procedures or a triage function is required to route work to the right teams at the right time.

Reviewed on 14th July 2021

Reply from Ipswich Building Society

Thank you for providing your feedback which is greatly appreciated and has been passed on to the relevant departments at the Society. I’m sorry that your application wasn’t processed efficiently and for the amount of time it has taken to get through to completion. We have recently received unprecedented application volumes due partly to the stamp duty deadline and unfortunately as a result, our usual service standards slipped below the level we aim to provide our customers with. The Society are committed to making improvements to ensure that this doesn’t happen again, as a result we have made investment within our underwriting department with further staff resource now in place and a significant IT system upgrade in the works. Thank you once again for your feedback and I wish you well with your self build project.

Mortgage

You had to find a lot of paperwork, funny how we passed the credit check, but failed the ID check as we didn't have enough check points, like loans, debts, credit cards, HP's. And the time limit on the Mortgage was very tight to the move date, which was brought forward to accommodate the application expiry date. (Maybe we applied too early, but it was after we sold and the chain was complete).

Reviewed on 14th July 2021

Oldies can get mortgages

Needed a few more pennies and so who else but Ipswich Building Society.

Reviewed on 20th April 2021

Helpful and efficient

Ipswich Building Society explained the process very clearly at each stage. My mortgage consultant was extremely helpful and efficient, she responded to my questions and queries very promptly and in general the process went very smoothly.

Reviewed on 20th April 2021
Broker Feedback's avatar
Broker Feedback

My requirement fully met and staff knowledgeable

We got there in the end but some delays due to Covid and valuation delays

Reviewed on 31st March 2021